Battleground Exploit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battleground Exploit

So i noticead a new and extremely annoying phenomenon happening in battlegrounds as of late, players enter the battleground with 1-3 alts in the oposing team and all they do the entire battleground is kill themselves so to speak.
    Just wondering if this is considered part of the game, or an exploit witch in my opinion it is.
    Some of use actually have to work for our honor/kills then deal with the resulting dryads chasing us.
    Would love to hear an opinion from a g.m on this matter, thank you.

This has been brought up before. It's legal. :/
    Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
    You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
    Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
    Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

Oh the irony that one gains honor from such a dishonorable way of playing...

Comment

My biggest complaint about people using alts in the same BG is that they can bulk-afk to completely mess up the way BG's are meant to be played. Never fun when only 3-4 members of each team actually participate - causes significantly greater quantities of dryads to get stacked (fewer targets means more dryads being created; fewer teammates means less people possible to remove the dryads). This behavior usually results in very long, boring, predictable battles and significant honor loss for even strong players.

Comment

If I recall correctly it is considered an exploit and take screenshots and submit tickets on it.

Battlegrounds is a pain when people bring in their alts just to afk as well. Very frustrating when your team loses cause of having so many afk or having no one to attack.

Comment

Originally posted by GingerTheHutt View Post
            This has been brought up before. It's legal. :/
            Where is this? Alt farming is *illegal* last I checked.

However, VIP 9 farming for honor is legal.

Comment

I'd like to point out I see nowhere in ToS or in-game where it says its *illegal*

I do have an alt, but I'm not attacking myself with it cos I dun fite in BG, but I've seen lots of players doing it, and I just assumed it was sad rather than bad.
              Blizzarea
              S147
              Epic

~ Atoll is Purgatory for Wartuners ~

Comment

There are currently no rules against farming your alternate.
                Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
                [No longer logging in]

Comment

Originally posted by KnowingEyes7 View Post
                  Where is this? Alt farming is *illegal* last I checked.

However, VIP 9 farming for honor is legal.
                  ok file a ticket and ban them.
                  Five Sylphs for the Heros in wartune,
                  Two for the Whales in their deep blue ocean,
                  Three for Mortal Men doomed to die,
                  One for the Big Whales on their dark throne
                  In the Land of Wartune where the heroes lie.
                  One sylph to crush them all, One sylph to kill mobs,
                  One sylph to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
                  In the Land of Wartune where the Moby duck lie."

Comment

http://www.r2games.com/about/termsofuse

You may hold several accounts; however you may not exploit this privilege.
                    Wouldn't this be exploiting said privilege?

Comment

Originally posted by Evilmog View Post

ok file a ticket then n get the mods to push it.
                      Five Sylphs for the Heros in wartune,
                      Two for the Whales in their deep blue ocean,
                      Three for Mortal Men doomed to die,
                      One for the Big Whales on their dark throne
                      In the Land of Wartune where the heroes lie.
                      One sylph to crush them all, One sylph to kill mobs,
                      One sylph to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
                      In the Land of Wartune where the Moby duck lie."

Comment

It's illegal. If this is somehow, some way allowed, all sorts of possibilities arise when you let alts interact with one another.

You may want to recheck this one.

And this quotes it perfectly:

Originally posted by Evilmog View Post

Comment

Originally posted by KnowingEyes7 View Post
                          It's illegal. If this is somehow, some way allowed, all sorts of possibilities arise when you let alts interact with one another.

You may want to recheck this one.

And this quotes it perfectly:
                          pls state where exactly you were refering to that its illegal? it states that "You may hold several accounts; however you may not exploit this privilege. Any “bugs” (programming errors) playing any games released by R2games must be reported immediately to R2Games. You may not exploit any bugs to advance in the game. Exploiters will immediately be contacted and dealt with accordingly.
                          We may also change the nature of our services, change prices, remove and add games at anytime without notice.
                          "

bugs (programming error)..... exploitation of bugs is illegal.. but farming an alt is not a bug..thereforeit was never near to an "exploitation"

however, this > You may hold several accounts; however you may not exploit this privilege leaves a big question.. doesnt specify what privileges are not to be exploited.

Comment

Originally posted by ShiKKihS View Post
                            pls state where exactly you were refering to that its illegal? it states that "You may hold several accounts; however you may not exploit this privilege. Any “bugs” (programming errors) playing any games released by R2games must be reported immediately to R2Games. You may not exploit any bugs to advance in the game. Exploiters will immediately be contacted and dealt with accordingly.
                            We may also change the nature of our services, change prices, remove and add games at anytime without notice.
                            "

bugs (programming error)..... exploitation of bugs is illegal.. but farming an alt is not a bug..thereforeit was never near to an "exploitation"

however, this > You may hold several accounts; however you may not exploit this privilege leaves a big question.. doesnt specify what privileges are not to be exploited.
                            That's exactly what I mean. Exploit. Clearly, this is occurring here. It's a dangerous slippery-slope from this argument to everything else an alt can do.

Even that aside, alts in any MMO have at *least* been frowned upon if not acted against.

Comment

another question.. why are they allowing alt accounts??? are they only for strolling in-game?? lol

so why would they allow alts if you are not allowed to farm/"take advantage of" them.. after all you own them, right?

and what's the difference of farming your buddies for honor and farming your own alts? seems the same to me.. imo

Comment

Working...
                              X