Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Suggestion] Battleground Honour

Hello everybody!

Yesterday I have send a ticket to G.M. and he encouraged me to post my concern on forum, so here I am.
    Ok, as the title says, I have a suggestion about Battleground Honour, and to be more clear, about the amount of honour we lose when we are killed. I asked them to think about changing this amount after I noticed that, till I became a Crusader, I more lose honour than win.
    Well, if I loose one time, 90% from time I get -300 -400 honour. If I win one time I get +35 honour. So I need to win 10 times to recover 1 loss, and of course, this is imposible, at least for me (I'm lvl 53 and I usually see 55+ in the opposite team, the lower ones stay afk). I can kill once, twice, three times...but not 10 times with the performance to get killed ONLY once...cuz of course, if I get killed twice there is no chance for me to recover. All this meaning that is better for Crusader and above to stay afk.
    So I asked them to reconsider the amount of losed honour.
    I get next reply:
    "I can only encourage you to make a forum post about this, diferent levels of looses are designed , usully you only loose 400 when a 2 diferent ranked player killed you on BG"

Starting with Friday we will fight against closer levels. That's awesome for me! At least at a first sight. But after thinking better I noticed that "my lvl generation" was mostly afk, not playing, so there are few with Crusader. So, because of different reasons like: he was afk in battleground, he lost more battlegrounds than me, he didn't join guild battle or joined it less times than me, a...let's say lvl 55 player (so 2 levels higher than me), with the new equipment, with higher battle rating and so on, kills me (which is normal - should expect that) BUT makes me loose 300 honour only because he is Warrior and I am Crusader. That's why either Cross-Server Battleground wont resolve things because there will be same lvls as me so normally thinking I can win equal times with loose, but in a single battle if I have 5 wins with 5 looses means (+175 honour - 1500 honour meaning a total of -1325 honour) - so I guess I will continue to afk in cross-server also.

I have 2 suggestions to fix this issue:
    1) Make the lose = win. If u win more times u get +honour, if u win as many times as lose u get 0 honour, and if u lose more times than win get your honour on -
    or
    2) Let the same amount of win/lose but don't generate it by honour title but by battle rating, cuz it's not my bussiness that I dun know which player with 5000BR more than me didn't join honour events and has a lower title. He still beats me easily so I don't see the reason why should I lose so much honour.

(I still support the 1st suggestion: we will be close levels, so let us have fun, don't force us to afk because of losing 400 honour in one shout)

This is what I wanted to say. I would like to know your suggestions also regarding this, and if more players agree with this, who knows, maybe they will fix it soon.

Thanks for taking your time to read^^
    Have fun and enjoy Wartune!

If you don't have the BR to go with your honor level, that indicates that you've been bullying too much the weaker players.
    Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
    [No longer logging in]

Comment

That's right, but there are still players included in this category. Even so, the BR can be relative because of potions and scrolls used. So that's why I more support the first suggestion.

Comment

Since this is a suggestion subforum, I think I can give my suggestion too.

I like the status quo. I've lost 200 honor before but that's because I did kill one player too often until he builds up his dryads to get his back on me. So my fault.
        Also, there must be a price for losing. You cannot be high level and then only get benefits for bullying people but not pay any price. This game isn't going to babysit you. So deal with honor loss.

Heh, I am aware not many people like this, but it's just my view.
        Last edited by CondorHero; 02-07-2013, 02:32 AM.
        [No longer logging in]

Comment

Originally posted by CondorHero View Post
          If you don't have the BR to go with your honor level, that indicates that you've been bullying too much the weaker players.
          This.

Or, learn to pick your battles. You have up to 5 (or 6 if you press) minutes to look at the list of players in your BG before the battle starts.

Comment

I experienced (many times) to go out from base, attack someone random, and that player killing me with 80% dryad by getting bullying from somebody else. Since we will fight against closer levels starting with Friday I don't think this "bullying lower" will be a problem. And to be sincere...I never had the chance to be the one who kills, but the one who always got killed; didn't bother me till I got the title and I noticed that I can't play the Battleground anymore, my only option being to stay in base and chatting lol.

Comment

How did you get the Crusader title without killing players?
              Just by GB alone?
              [No longer logging in]

Comment

- Guild Battle
                - getting killed 7-8 times, collecting dryad and killing once or twice in battleground - of course this doesnt work anymore
                - I had some lvl pauses for astral, talents and so on, that's why my lvl is only 53 and not a little bit higher - so more time to collect honour
                ...and I think that's all

Comment

Originally posted by Alpdruck7 View Post
                  - Guild Battle
                  - getting killed 7-8 times, collecting dryad and killing once or twice in battleground - of course this doesnt work anymore
                  - I had some lvl pauses for astral, talents and so on, that's why my lvl is only 53 and not a little bit higher - so more time to collect honour
                  ...and I think that's all
                  A ton of people "dance" around guardians. Failing that, you have to either AFK/sit in your camp or work with other players and sacrifice yourselves every few fights. Failing *that*, wait for patch 1.5X. Failing **that**, upgrade your toon over time.

You have to understand. Not everyone will reach Lord Divine in a timely manner. It's a privilege; not a right.

Comment

The rules/description clearly state that upon achieving crusader rank - you're available to lose honour upon defeat.

If you're build is not capable of defending your title then you have several options:

a) Man up, quit whinging and take your loses like you handed them out to others, to achieve your title. Crusader is very difficult to achieve just off basic honour gain from guild battles. So you've had to put some effort into getting it from farming lowbies.

b) Up your defence to a more suitable level for your rank.

Either way I disagree with your suggestion of making things easy. The game is easy enough already. Leave the challenges in and keep the difficult challenges coming.
                    Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
                    You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
                    Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
                    Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

Originally posted by CondorHero View Post
                      Originally posted by GingerTheHutt View Post
                      The rules/description clearly state that upon achieving crusader rank - you're available to lose honour upon defeat.

If you're build is not capable of defending your title then you have several options:

a) Man up, quit whinging and take your loses like you handed them out to others, to achieve your title. Crusader is very difficult to achieve just off basic honour gain from guild battles. So you've had to put some effort into getting it from farming lowbies.

b) Up your defence to a more suitable level for your rank.

Either way I disagree with your suggestion of making things easy. The game is easy enough already. Leave the challenges in and keep the difficult challenges coming.
                      I don't fully agree here. I do have the BR to defend my Crusader rank from my lvl 40-49 peers, but I cannot possibly defend them from lvl 50+ and 60+ that are still (Elite) Warriors. So BR and level doesn't say everything.

That said, the new cross-server BG will fix that. And no, I also don't think it should be easier. If you don't want to lose honor, drop to E.W. ^^ Then you get to ride your Crusader horse with Elite Warrior over your head and the not-so-well-informed can call you a hacker. Fun times!!

Comment

Sorry, but you go into the rank of Crusader knowing there are rewards with the major downfall of being able to lose honor if you lose a fight in the BG. Now if you are too scared to go out and fight and possibly lose honor then just afk. After all.. lots of "big boys" do that anyway.

Yeah, he's SOOOOOOO romantic

Personal: Married to the most wonderful man in the world. Love you, Kit. Cara 'ch, 'm blaidd.

Honesty is an expensive gift, don't expect it from cheap people.

Demented children don't impress me.

Comment

You just have to fight to defend your honour.
                          Things aren't going to be delivered to you on a plate.

Is there any fun in a game where you can win but not lose?
                          [No longer logging in]

Comment

Getting Honor? there's 4 options u can choose from = alpdruck7

1. get ur honor by participating in GB which ofc u know that already... (very easy way)

2.get ur honor by picking who u fight in BG then after u win u cant be targeted by some time mb some 5sec. protection till u can be targeted again so the move here
                            now is after u win run in ur camp for safety
                            (i do this when there's higher lvl opponents than me or a possible threat. better safe can't be too careful)

3. Pick a winning team in BG i bet u know whos strong whos not in ur server?? right.. so if u see they'r in ur side then u can assumed u will win 90% all the time i say 90% cuz if some unlucky turn of events they will get disconnected or just plain afk or what ever that may be.. anyways.
                            if u r place in a weak team. Say there's 2 on the opposite side that u can't win-kill then better leave and w8 for 5mins to enter again chance is u get to enter in the winning side.. with stronger teams or u get to enter in a room that u r the boss and nobody can kill u
                            (unless some dude comes and is a high BR and beat u bam! this happens to me once lol now im very very very careful)

4.the 4th will be.. Become a heavy casher and dont stop until u get ur BR soaring high and get the title
                            "THE BALENOR'S STRONGEST WARRIOR" then problem solve lol
                            Last edited by ™Uriah-†-; 02-07-2013, 06:59 AM. Reason: cheersss
                            “If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself,
                            you will succumb in every battle”

Server: [106] Devil's Trail
                            Guild: Sancâ€*uary

Comment

Originally posted by Serrin View Post
                              Sorry, but you go into the rank of Crusader knowing there are rewards with the major downfall of being able to lose honor if you lose a fight in the BG. Now if you are too scared to go out and fight and possibly lose honor then just afk. After all.. lots of "big boys" do that anyway.
                              I knew I will loose honour, and it was ok for me. As my tread says, I don't disagree with losing honour. Just the amount seems a little bit too big for me (see the maths I did, for the same amount of win/lose - so a medium BR, not too weak, not too strong - I can lose over 1000 honour). I'm not scared, I just figured out that everything I win in GB, I loose in battleground - so lot of work and time wasted, that's why I prefer afk.:P

Anyway, thank you all for your replies. I must admit that you have your right also. In this case I will wait Cross-Server and see what's going to happen.

Comment

Working...
                              X