[Suggestion] Battleground Honour

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GingerTheHutt View Post
    Also, love, Huggles and thanks to all those who defended my honour before I could reply.
    Please don't touch me - you're covered in CreamySaucy ...
    Finagle's Law - Anything that can go wrong will normally go wrong in the worst possible way.

Malfaedor
    Kabam Server 1 - US West
    Guild: MntyPython

General Zod
    S5 - Roaring Wetlands
    Guild: Saga

Comment

Originally posted by Rex_Typhoon View Post
      Please don't touch me - you're covered in CreamySaucy ...
      You sure? It's bacon flavoured today...

Comment

Originally posted by DeathRiver View Post
        Some posts above mine stated the amount of honor would determine the honor loss, that is some what true. However, people in the same honor rank don't lose more than 10 honor when fighting each other, unless the losing one is with a high kill streak (ex. 8 or more). Be ready to lose heaps of honor when you're in a kill streak.

That makes sense now! I guess I was killing around 5 ppl before being killed, so that's the reason, most probably:P

Dear R216...blahblah, kindly please read all replies before saying s*it around here. I don't like people fighting in my topic, especially when nobody here was rude or smthing. All replies and points of view are welcome as long as they don't offence others

Comment

I have said this in other threads but the problem I see in battlegrounds is I get the same amount of honor killing someone 15 levels below me in 1 or 2 hits as I will with a higher level BR that will take a long time and leave me on very low health just cause i have higher honor. If they both have less honor than me then I could lose a lot from both The system is currently designed to push players to focus on fighting those far below their level as that is how we get rewarded the most.

With the upcoming changes much of the glaring issues that players have been complaining about will be a lot less of a problem. If you are struggling to retain rank then level up in your bracket and by the time you hit the top of it you should be much stronger in comparison to others in your battlegrounds so you won't have to worry about losing honor much.
          Last edited by R24877577; 02-12-2013, 10:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by R24877577 View Post
            I have said this in other threads but the problem I see in battlegrounds is I get the same amount of honor killing someone 15 levels below me in 1 or 2 hits as I will with a higher level BR that will take a long time and leave me on very low health just cause i have higher honor. If they both have less honor than me then I could lose a lot from both The system is currently designed to push players to focus on fighting those far below their level as that is how we get rewarded the most.

With the upcoming changes much of the glaring issues that players have been complaining about will be a lot less of a problem. If you are struggling to retain rank then level up in your bracket and by the time you hit the top of it you should be much stronger in comparison to others in your battlegrounds so you won't have to worry about losing honor much.
            Oh no.

You'll eventually want to level. When you get done camping x9, you'll enter the next bracket. Recall that there's an honor title hard cap per set of levels as well. In 1.6, they'll overlap the BG levels to dissuade x9 camping (a bit).

In the end, you'll take your lumps. Your only recourse is to play very long term and get as close to honor loss immunity as you can.

Comment

If there is some rhyme or reason to me losing 400 points to a player more than 20 levels higher than me, I would love to hear the justification. It was first run out of the spawn zone, so you cant say I was killing too many people.
              As for the comment, that I got my honor from bullying other people, I take offense at that. I have missed exactly ONE guild battle since they started. You can figure out the math but that is a minimum of 1600 honor per week. Yes, I accept that I will lose honor for losing, but 400 points to someone 20 plus levels? If I was making a suggestion, I would say, that the person hitting so low should lose 400 honor win or lose, (crusader or not). Fortunately, the new patch will at least prevent me from being slaughtered repeatedly by high level honor farming butt munches. At that point, I will no longer AFK the battle ground and see if the honor loss is acceptable. Although I am not worried as much, as even though I just hit level 51, there are not many up to level 60 that can beat me regularly.
              Deschain Leader of the Dragon Dogs Guild. DD has its sixth anniversary as a gaming family in May.
              Suggestion #1. Actually enforce your rules so tickets regarding cheaters are not just round filed.
              #2. There are 5k Threads regarding bugs. Click to see 101 pages worth of stuff that needs fixing.
              #3. Read the suggestions forums where you will find 5k threads on ways to make it better. Click for 101 pages worth of free suggestions.

Comment

Originally posted by StevenDeschain View Post
                If there is some rhyme or reason to me losing 400 points to a player more than 20 levels higher than me, I would love to hear the justification. It was first run out of the spawn zone, so you cant say I was killing too many people.
                As for the comment, that I got my honor from bullying other people, I take offense at that. I have missed exactly ONE guild battle since they started. You can figure out the math but that is a minimum of 1600 honor per week. Yes, I accept that I will lose honor for losing, but 400 points to someone 20 plus levels? If I was making a suggestion, I would say, that the person hitting so low should lose 400 honor win or lose, (crusader or not). Fortunately, the new patch will at least prevent me from being slaughtered repeatedly by high level honor farming butt munches. At that point, I will no longer AFK the battle ground and see if the honor loss is acceptable. Although I am not worried as much, as even though I just hit level 51, there are not many up to level 60 that can beat me regularly.
                There is. You must back your honor title with BR. Pick your battles. Work with your team (though that is tough to do the majority of the time).

You have to understand, if you are getting crunched @ 400 honor a pop from someone who is 20 character levels above you, they are obviously playing spoiler. If you think about this, you'll understand why. You also have to understand that not everyone will make Lord Divine immediately - and quite frankly, it stinks once you get there.

1.5X will alleviate this somewhat - with 1.6X broadening the brackets to somewhat stop x9 camping. If you don't like how things are now, wait 'til EOM (hopefully). Pump up VIP levels to soften the blow.

Comment

If you still don't get KnowingEyes7's point, I'll make it simple for you.

The person who has 20 levels higher than you and 20k BR higher than you probably have very very low honor. He comes around once in a while to play BG and wham! he got you...
                  Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
                  [No longer logging in]

Comment

Originally posted by CondorHero View Post
                    If you still don't get KnowingEyes7's point, I'll make it simple for you.

The person who has 20 levels higher than you and 20k BR higher than you probably have very very low honor. He comes around once in a while to play BG and wham! he got you...
                    This. I love the "wham" part. =)

Comment

Originally posted by KnowingEyes7 View Post
                      OIn 1.6, they'll overlap the BG levels to dissuade x9 camping (a bit).
                      In the end, you'll take your lumps. Your only recourse is to play very long term and get as close to honor loss immunity as you can.
                      So people will start camping at X8, and they'll overlap that in 1.7, and then ppl will camp at X7 and overlap that in 1.8... And in the end nothing will have changed. :s Camping will happen anyway, there are people camping at lvl 39 for a month or two. I really don't mind if some lvl 49s were camping and tried to bully me in BG. At level 43 I'll already be one of the strongest in my bracket, so I'll give em a run for their honor. ^_^

Wham!? Now I have Last Christmas stuck in my head... >:[

Comment

Originally posted by CreamySaucepan View Post
                        So people will start camping at X8, and they'll overlap that in 1.7, and then ppl will camp at X7 and overlap that in 1.8... And in the end nothing will have changed. :s Camping will happen anyway, there are people camping at lvl 39 for a month or two. I really don't mind if some lvl 49s were camping and tried to bully me in BG. At level 43 I'll already be one of the strongest in my bracket, so I'll give em a run for their honor. ^_^

Wham!? Now I have Last Christmas stuck in my head... >:[
                        Haha. :P

I think the bracket overlapping is by five levels IIRC. It doesn't completely negate the advantage but it does reduce it a tad.

I don't understand the camping. Take the licking and keep leveling. Any purposefully camping just hurts players in the long run - unless said players just want to troll hard(er).

Comment

Originally posted by KnowingEyes7 View Post
                          I don't understand the camping. Take the licking and keep leveling. Any purposefully camping just hurts players in the long run - unless said players just want to troll hard(er).
                          For me it's to reach my goals. I wanted 21K BR before lvl 40, so I stayed at 39 to reach that. I wanted 30K at 42, so I stayed there until I reached it. Ginger wants to try to get to 40K before 50, so he's taking it slow. For us it's just setting a goal for ourselves and trying to reach that.

Trolling?! Us?! Nevah!! :P

Comment

I don't troll.

I Hutt.
                            Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
                            You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
                            Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
                            Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

For me it's to reach my goals. I wanted 21K BR before lvl 40, so I stayed at 39 to reach that. I wanted 30K at 42, so I stayed there until I reached it. Ginger wants to try to get to 40K before 50, so he's taking it slow. For us it's just setting a goal for ourselves and trying to reach that.

Trolling?! Us?! Nevah!! :P
                              I see. =)

Comment

See, my goal is to be the beat stick of every high level schmuck who needs me to pad his honour until he hits crusader and camps x9, at which point I will grow up to be big and strong and stay EW and pwn their sorry ***** 1 out of every 3 times (cause I just build rage on unwinnable contests) and screw them in the long run.

Pardon my language, but **** 'em. Payback is a *****, and I'm an agent of Karmic retribution! Revenge is a dish best served ... PERIOD! And other revenge aphorisms.
                                Finagle's Law - Anything that can go wrong will normally go wrong in the worst possible way.

Malfaedor
                                Kabam Server 1 - US West
                                Guild: MntyPython

General Zod
                                S5 - Roaring Wetlands
                                Guild: Saga

Comment

Working...
                                X