Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

New cross-server battlegrounds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New cross-server battlegrounds

The new battlegrounds sounds like a great idea, however, I see a big problem with the level arrangments. A level 50 will have no chance in competing with someone that is level 55 or higher. It will actually be even harder than it is now. The levels should be spilt up accordingly 25-34, 35-44, 45-54, ect. That way your'e fighting people with the same gear on, besides jewels and rings. I also think it should be harder to aquire your lower level medallions. Why the big gap between Elite warrior and Crusader and essentially no big gains between the two of them? Thanks. Hopefully you'll consider some of this.

You forget one thing: new equipments are from 5 to 5 lvls not 10 to 10, and I saw players with pve equipments.
    If we see things like this, a lvl 35-39 has no chance against 40-44 because at 40 you can buy a stronger equipment.
    In my point of view this change is great, at least a lvl 40 player doesn't have to fight against lvl 70. And the 5 lvls between equipments isn't that big. When you enter in a new part of battleground, first 5 lvls are harder, next 5 lvls are easier...at least you will be able to be in the both halfs: the loosing one in 1st and the winning one in 2nd stage, not only in the loosing one over and over again.

Comment

No, you are wrong! Some people will have the level 40 armor set synthesized and some will have the level 35 arena set. They will do just fine. I know this because I have the level 45 arena set and fight against people with the level 50 synthesized legendary equipment and do fine. Say youre a new level 50 with 25k BR, why would you want to fight against people that are level 60 with a 50k BR and will either have the level 55 arena set or level 60 synthesized equipment?? It's not as fair as it would be splitting the groups up as I said above, or even better like you said split it up into groups of of 5.

Comment

Originally posted by NytroXTX View Post
        No, you are wrong! Some people will have the level 40 armor set synthesized and some will have the level 35 arena set. They will do just fine. I know this because I have the level 45 arena set and fight against people with the level 50 synthesized legendary equipment and do fine. Say youre a new level 50 with 25k BR, why would you want to fight against people that are level 60 with a 50k BR and will either have the level 55 arena set or level 60 synthesized equipment?? It's not as fair as it would be splitting the groups up as I said above, or even better like you said split it up into groups of of 5.
        And have it from 45-54 is fair to the <50's how exactly, since 50+ have stun?? Come on, this new system is a LOT better than what it is. And you will lose to other people no matter how it's divided. This is by far the simplest and most fair to all, since not everyone (read: most) won't get the 50 PvE gear (let alone it being legendary) for a long time. Same with 60. And as a level 50 you won't fight a level 60, you'll fight 59 max...
        If you split it into 5s, then you can start whining because the lvl 54 has got 4 levels on you if you're 50, and therefore (very likely) stronger than you. So what then do you want?? Divided per single level?! % of a level? Carried away just there.

Comment

Oh my bad, a level 59 with 50k BR. I'll admit, I never thought of the stun. When you get to the higher levels, it also gets harder to level up. I wonder now how many players you will get the that won't level up because they only want the honor and aren't willing to lose some by leveling up. There has to be a better way than putting someone with 25k BR up against someone with 50k BR!! We have someone in our guild that has 23k BR that's a 50, how is it fair for him to go up against a level 58 that has 48k BR and is a level 58. It's not hard to realize this is a problem. After thinking about it, they should split it 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, ect. Now explain to me why that would be a problem?
          Last edited by NytroXTX; 02-07-2013, 04:27 PM.

Comment

also going on armour sets... the 35 to 44 get screwed too due to freebie horses at level 40.

I think the way it's proposed is the fairest.
            Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
            You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
            Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
            Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

Players cry when they're farmed and cheer when they farm. Its no big deal. A player who is 9 lvls higher than you is better than someone 29 lvls higher than you. When you first enter a new bracket you'll get farmed unless you're ready. By the time you get ready to leave that bracket...you'll be farming. Its the way of the game. This is by far the best way R2 can do it. What you're asking is really way too much trouble to code into the game. Every 5 lvls? C'mon be realistic man. I challenge you to find ANY pvp game that divides pvp up by 5 lvls. If you do I'll gladly admit I'm wrong. Trust me this is fair.
              Yitien:

Class: Assassin lvl 78
              BR: 67K
              Server: Qianfo Hall

Comment

Let's here from some players that aren't doing the farming.
                Last edited by NytroXTX; 02-07-2013, 04:46 PM.

Comment

Wizard 101.

Comment

Yup, thats why I changed my original opinion to what I said above your post Ginger. I don't see any problems with splitting the levels that way, everyone's astrals are at the same level, also when you unlock soul engraving your fighting those guys. I'm going with 30-34, 35-39, ect.
                    I think you miss one fundamental part of this. No player who hits 30, 40, 50 etc will have their pve set. They'll still be using the pvp set they got at 35, 45, 55 etc. You say a player at lvl 30 doesn't have a chance against a lvl 39 player because of that pvp set right? So let me ask this. What chance does a fresh 35 have against a 44 lvl player? The 35 still has priest/pally/gryphon while the 40 has the angels/knights. How fair is that? Its the same thing with 55-64. The 60 troops are coming out and the 55 won't have a chance against a 64 because a difference of troops. At least dividing the brackets into 30-39, 40-49 etc...you don't run into that discrepancy as much. You'll still face players with the same troop types and the difference is you may see 45 pvp against 55 pvp but I guarantee you run into a player 9 lvls higher than you regardless of gear...you're prolly dead unless that player has a poor build. Just be glad they did the brackets like this.
                    Yitien:

Comment

Wizard 101.
                      Isn't that a kid's game? I don't have an account with them so I don't know about the pvp in that game. I'm assuming you have lots of information regarding this right? Or I'm just to take your word for it?
                      Yitien:

Comment

Now now... Remain nice. I don't farm, I'm the one being farmed. But I'd rather be farmed by a lvl 49 than 54 (once I get to 45) because then my dryads will stand a chance.

Comment

I've been on both sides. I love hearing players whine about being farmed when they first enter a bracket in BG and then they farm the **** out of those newbies in the same bracket when they are getting to the point of exiting that bracket. Think about this for a second. You are a lvl 59 player. You need honor. Are you going to stay a bit longer in that bracket farming the fresh 50's or are you going to lvl up to 60 and get farmed all over? Answer that question.
                          Yitien:

Comment

Originally posted by Barbarossa View Post
                            I think you miss one fundamental part of this. No player who hits 30, 40, 50 etc will have their pve set. They'll still be using the pvp set they got at 35, 45, 55 etc. You say a player at lvl 30 doesn't have a chance against a lvl 39 player because of that pvp set right? So let me ask this. What chance does a fresh 35 have against a 44 lvl player? The 35 still has priest/pally/gryphon while the 40 has the angels/knights. How fair is that? Its the same thing with 55-64. The 60 troops are coming out and the 55 won't have a chance against a 64 because a difference of troops. At least dividing the brackets into 30-39, 40-49 etc...you don't run into that discrepancy as much. You'll still face players with the same troop types and the difference is you may see 45 pvp against 55 pvp but I guarantee you run into a player 9 lvls higher than you regardless of gear...you're prolly dead unless that player has a poor build. Just be glad they did the brackets like this.
                            Can't you see I'm clearly not going for that route anymore. Originally Posted by NytroXTX
                            Yup, thats why I changed my original opinion to what I said above your post Ginger. I don't see any problems with splitting the levels that way, everyone's astrals are at the same level, also when you unlock soul engraving your fighting those guys. I'm going with "30-34, 35-39, ect."

Comment

Actually, I've spent 2 or 3 years playing wizard 101. And no, wizard 101 isn't any different for age groups than wartune is.

Comment

Working...
                              X