Guild battles 16-8 alternative

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guild battles 16-8 alternative

Note: I am unsure about why the guild count is being reduced although I can speculate.

What is Happening:

R2 games is currently reducing the number of competing guilds in the weekly guild battles from 16 guilds to 8 guilds.

Why:

Edit: Had a chat with a GM on 137

Lewis: Are you trying to reduce the number of guilds to force them to go into higher guilds and fight each other?
    R2Ares: that one way to look at it
    R2Ares: its also to make the smaller guild more competive to take part in it
    Lewis: When they can flock to the higher guilds, would it not be better to lower the amount of members possible in a guild?
    R2Ares: but then they can merge together and take on a larger guild
    Please note this is my assumption The main reason I believe that this is happening is due to the power difference between the top 8 guilds and the top 16 guilds. The top 16 guilds are just not able to even phase the top 16 guilds which makes it an unpleasant event for the lower teams competing although rewarding.

The problem:
    Due to the number of guilds participating in guild battles being reduced guilds will swarm to the top 8. This is also stated in this thread by BlackJackel. A summary of his post is that the guilds will swarm to the top and still not be aloud to compete in guild battles because there is no alternative. His solution is to cut the number of members aloud in a guild to fix this by forcing them to split into different guilds to compete.

Swarming: The guilds which do not swarm the top guilds will be falling further behind because they have no capability of keeping up with the large sum honour and insignia which the guild battles provide the guilds.

Gaming Lag: Many people already experience lag, playres to participate in 8 different guild battles will force those guild battles which happen to be even laggier due to more participants being in the same area. The smaller guild battles cater to the players which do not have the capacity to load such squished battles to still participate in the event.

PVP Imbalance: As Mormegil666 stated guilds that are not part of the top 8 will reduce significantly disadvantage due to the medallion advantage other players will have over them.

The Solution:
    My solution would incorporate his idea(Although possible without) his idea.
    1. Having seperate divisions: The general idea would be to incorporate the idea of splitting them like the current system does(First round divides the top 8 and 9-16 etc). Instead of the first round being the pummeling from the best guild versue the 16th guild why not just bypass that round? Monday the first rounds are between 1-8 and 9-16. This removes the need for the lower guilds to take a beating from the stronger guilds and makes it more enjoyable and closer for all guilds that are currently participating. Following this logic we could have it all the way to top 32(Depending on how many guilds are in the server of course).
    2. Reducing the number of members in a guild: This is following BlackJackel's idea of reducing the number of members in a guild forcing there to be more competition between guilds, this will make the top 8 truly something to fight over and could have guilds participating in it changing weekly. This will force guilds to remove inactive members and only keep active members if they want an opportunity to win it.
    3. Reallocation of prizes(WickedSilk): Instead of having the Guild battles having such a vast reward we should reallocate it to another area of the game such as battlegrounds. This will help reduce the people swarming due to less rewards.
    4. Seperate division(Alternate by dragon922 ): Multiple brackets for Guild Battles. In fact, let's expand on that a bit, let's make 1-8 battle as planned, same rewards as normal, 9-16 the same. No differences in Insignias, Honor, or Whips gained, or the rest. Since battling is proposed to end on Friday, then whoever wins out of each bracket may on Saturday face one another for a sort of "Champion of Champions" prize pool. Simple, effective, promoting both balance and growth, exciting players into working hard to potentially become "giant-killers" as it were.
    Last edited by Patyfatycake; 02-10-2013, 09:16 PM.

Note: I am unsure about why the guild count is being reduced although I can speculate.

What is Happening:

R2 games is currently reducing the number of competing guilds in the weekly guild battles from 16 guilds to 8 guilds.

Why:

Please note this is my assumption The main reason I believe that this is happening is due to the power difference between the top 8 guilds and the top 16 guilds. The top 16 guilds are just not able to even phase the top 16 guilds which makes it an unpleasant event for the lower teams competing although rewarding.

The problem:
    Due to the number of guilds participating in guild battles being reduced guilds will swarm to the top 8. This is also stated in this thread by BlackJackel. A summary of his post is that the guilds will swarm to the top and still not be aloud to compete in guild battles because there is no alternative. His solution is to cut the number of members aloud in a guild to fix this by forcing them to split into different guilds to compete.

Swarming: The guilds which do not swarm the top guilds will be falling further behind because they have no capability of keeping up with the large sum honour and insignia which the guild battles provide the guilds.

Gaming Lag: Many people already experience lag, playres to participate in 8 different guild battles will force those guild battles which happen to be even laggier due to more participants being in the same area. The smaller guild battles cater to the players which do not have the capacity to load such squished battles to still participate in the event.

The Solution:

Having seperate divisions: The general idea would be to incorporate the idea of splitting them like the current system does(First round divides the top 8 and 9-16 etc). Instead of the first round being the pummeling from the best guild versue the 16th guild why not just bypass that round? Monday the first rounds are between 1-8 and 9-16. This removes the need for the lower guilds to take a beating from the stronger guilds and makes it more enjoyable and closer for all guilds that are currently participating. Following this logic we could have it all the way to top 32(Depending on how many guilds are in the server of course).
    Reducing the number of members in a guild: This is following BlackJackel's idea of reducing the number of members in a guild forcing there to be more competition between guilds, this will make the top 8 truly something to fight over and could have guilds participating in it changing weekly. This will force guilds to remove inactive members and only keep active members if they want an opportunity to win it.

Comment

What is Happening:

Why:

The problem:

The Solution:

Having seperate divisions: The general idea would be to incorporate the idea of splitting them like the current system does(First round divides the top 8 and 9-16 etc). Instead of the first round being the pummeling from the best guild versue the 16th guild why not just bypass that round? Monday the first rounds are between 1-8 and 9-16. This removes the need for the lower guilds to take a beating from the stronger guilds and makes it more enjoyable and closer for all guilds that are currently participating. Following this logic we could have it all the way to top 32(Depending on how many guilds are in the server of course).
      Reducing the number of members in a guild: This is following BlackJackel's idea of reducing the number of members in a guild forcing there to be more competition between guilds, this will make the top 8 truly something to fight over and could have guilds participating in it changing weekly. This will force guilds to remove inactive members and only keep active members if they want an opportunity to win it.

Comment

+1 here
        i simply say this can create a mess (reducing particitating guild from 16 to 8 ) in the general game balance.

-i always think the main matter in guild war are guild jumping and now i bet we will see this EVEN more this is completely insane
        -i think also game balance is affected cause too much peeps per guild as fatycake told and almost all of us i think :P
        -to end speculation :P reducing the number of potentiel insignia will cause some failure in pvp system cause of medaillons

plz share ur though about it with us people :P cya

Comment

Originally posted by Mormegil666 View Post
          +1 here
          i simply say this can create a mess (reducing particitating guild from 16 to 8 ) in the general game balance.

-i always think the main matter in guild war are guild jumping and now i bet we will see this EVEN more this is completely insane
          -i think also game balance is affected cause too much peeps per guild as fatycake told and almost all of us i think :P
          -to end speculation :P reducing the number of potentiel insignia will cause some failure in pvp system cause of medaillons

plz share ur though about it with us people :P cya
          Never thought about the medallions, thanks for that. I have added it to the main post.

Comment

I agree with many of your sentiments. I am in a leadership position in a rank 10 guild. Our top member push, and push hard. We are almost competitive and are always try to raise new players to strength. If all of our top members ever got on for a guild battle with the rank 5 guild, we would take them. We are not weak, we are clever, and now for not having more members in high levels we are punished. We can compare to the upper guilds, we just can't get the members because without GW it is so hard to raise a new character with the mess that BGs are. That will get a bit better, but insignias will be the scarcity they originally were once more. We have wept for those who did not join us for rewards, now I weep for the new players that will never get to fully enjoy the game because less guilds can help new players prosper. May we have two tiers of Guild wars, so that more people may enjoy all aspects of the game!
            Server: S31 Tree of Life
            Class: Hybrid Priest
            Level: 49 Scion
            Guild: (S31)zOMGuild

Comment

Originally posted by dragon922 View Post
              I agree with many of your sentiments. I am in a leadership position in a rank 10 guild. Our top member push, and push hard. We are almost competitive and are always try to raise new players to strength. If all of our top members ever got on for a guild battle with the rank 5 guild, we would take them. We are not weak, we are clever, and now for not having more members in high levels we are punished. We can compare to the upper guilds, we just can't get the members because without GW it is so hard to raise a new character with the mess that BGs are. That will get a bit better, but insignias will be the scarcity they originally were once more. We have wept for those who did not join us for rewards, now I weep for the new players that will never get to fully enjoy the game because less guilds can help new players prosper. May we have two tiers of Guild wars, so that more people may enjoy all aspects of the game!
              Less guilds = less competition = less fun

Comment

reducing particitating guild from 16 to 8 is a very very very BAD IDEA DONT CHANGE IT

Comment

I agree completely with the original poster.

I would also like to add a solution of my own:

1. Balance the win/lose rewards. Give those who lose soul crystals instead of whips.
                  2. Reduce the amount of insignia/honor gained by the battle to about 600-300 varying by 50 up or down for fast wins/losses.
                  3. Change the battlegrounds to yield more honor for crystals. Alternatively, introduce a new mechanic that would enable everyone to gain honor that is not directly connected to the strength of the guild (the spire? divine altar? world boss? honor from the MP arena? from the SP rankings every 3 days? lots of options here).
                  4. Introduce a new way of obtaining whips. Guild battles are currently my main source (the second being the guild wheel). If more whips were available generally, the effect of guilds getting whips in the guild battles could be diminished.

So, what I really propose is to: Reduce the significance of guild battles and give players the option to obtain the rewards elsewhere.
                  While this would still make the strong even stronger and the weak even weaker, it is something that can be coupled with your method and developed further. Or so I believe.

What do you think?

Comment

Guild Battle

Hmmm....could it possibly be the fact that there are usually only a couple of active guilds on the server at one time, due to them opening a new server every day and further reducing the number of people that play on each server.......

On my server, there are MAYBE 3 active guilds. and that is AFTER 4 of them merged into one to try to take out hte top guild, and 3 others merged with the 3rd one to try to compete. So...other than once a week, we might have one guild that actually shows up for guild battle.

The guild battles are just lame now. We show up, we wait 20 mins, we get honor and insignia....no big deal. Nothing to fight as no one shows up on other team.

Comment

they should have applyed this rulez BEFORE server merging . and see what happen NOT AFTER . now r2 just doing anything ... they might actualiy loose it

Comment

This would make guild battle more fun than it is currently. I belong to a #10 guild and its always a fun fight when we get to go up against the teams that are near our level versus fighting the #2 guild who just mows us down and kills us as we spawn. This suggestion would improve the guild battle feature.

Taking away the ability for the bottom 8 guilds to compete just makes the stronger stronger and the weaker weaker. I can say that if this goes through I will probably no longer play Wartune. I will for sure be canceling my VIP. So, hopefully they come to their senses.

Comment

All i want is to keep the top 16 guild that way there a chance for lower level to get somewhere instead keep the top dogs the top dogs. i don't agree cutting down will help anything to me just hurting and maybe even make the game lose its fan base. its jsut one of the few thing lower level can obtain on a regular bases to help them go up in the game. If we come up with new idea that will improve it. I'm totally for that though. as for the orginater Good job with the posts solution and this forum thank you.

Comment

I made a nice rant about this against R2, I've seen others arguing against the reduction of Guild Battles as well, and I also saw a couple of dolts who I won't name trying to argue myself and all those others not on a practical level, but from what I've seen a standpoint that defies reason. But, that aside, reduction of Guild Battles will bring about a fair point the user Zephyric mentioned, it's not too different from the doomsday scenario I find this would bring, though from experience six months may be far too kind.

dragon922 had a very good idea, multiple brackets for Guild Battles. In fact, let's expand on that a bit, let's make 1-8 battle as planned, same rewards as normal, 9-16 the same. No differences in Insignias, Honor, or Whips gained, or the rest. Since battling is proposed to end on Friday, then whoever wins out of each bracket may on Saturday face one another for a sort of "Champion of Champions" prize pool. Simple, effective, promoting both balance and growth, exciting players into working hard to potentially become "giant-killers" as it were.

I've said it before, I've worked for Square-Enix, I know how to make these kinds of things work. Although Square-Enix chose not to listen to anything I suggested, and again look at how ill-received and fundamentally dead Final Fantasy XI and XIV are, they're having to reboot everything with XIV from scratch in the hopes it will salvage their reputation not only as a gaming franchise, but potent competitors in the MMORPG area of gaming. Listen to me, listen to all of us who are asking for an easy change, we know how to save your company and your game if you listen and apply our suggestions.
                            "Doing nothing is very hard to do, you never know when you're finished."

User: (S31)FarFallen / Yiazmat
                            Server: Tree of Life (S31) / Temple of Ibalize (R2Games-1)
                            Class: Shadow Rogue / Mage (dual-Skill, one DPS one Heal)
                            Plane: Scion / N/A
                            Level: 75 / 61
                            Guild/Rank: zOMGuild Guild Master / Luminaire Assistant Guild Master
                            Finishing Move: Hokuto Hyakuretsu Ken

Comment

Updated the main post with your idea's thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X