Wartune Duel Ladder is done WRONG!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wartune Duel Ladder is done WRONG!

if a challenger beats someone in a duel, their positions on the ladder are swapped... this is NOT how to do a ladder!

let me explain... say Player A is at rank 20 and Player B is at rank 10... just because Player A beats Player B does not mean EVERY PLAYER BETWEEN Player A and PLAYER B ALSO beat Player B...!

an example...

Player B starts out at rank 15 and beats the players at rank 14, 13, 12, 11, and 10... so is now at rank 10... now Player A at rank 20 beats Player B... and so the way it is done NOW is that Player B goes ALL the way back to rank 20... Player B now has a position as if he LOST to the players at rank 14,13,12,and 11... and in fact has lost ground to the players at ranks 19,18,17,16, and 15.. without them having to do anything or even have fought... this is ridiculous!

there are many other ABSURD cases if you SWAP ranks instead of the following... the way it SHOULD work is this:

if Player A at rank X challenges and beats Player B at rank Y... then Player A should now be rank Y (as it is now)... BUT... Player B should only drop ONE RANK to (Y-1)...
    Last edited by Peteroid; 02-10-2013, 11:19 PM.

your logic works ONLY if you are assuming that no other player fights that player at the same time....and the duel arena system doesn't work that way......
    Dragon Pals and Shadowbound Mod and Basic tech support

R2 Serrin, My partner and fiancee, RIP 1971-2015
    Cha bhi fios aire math an tobair gus an trÃ*igh e.

Comment

Sometimes I have beaten players only to find myself with no change in rank cause someone else was fighting them at the same time and finishes before i did and made them drop rank below me.

Comment

did anyone said that arena ranking is in ladder system?
        it is such a waste to use your attempt only to be one rank higher than before, specially when you are non-vip... and it would be very hard to reach higher rank the way you want it to since everyone can fight at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by Peteroid View Post
          if a challenger beats someone in a duel, their positions on the ladder are swapped... this is NOT how to do a ladder!

let me explain... say Player A is at rank 20 and Player B is at rank 10... just because Player A beats Player B does not mean EVERY PLAYER BETWEEN Player A and PLAYER B ALSO beat Player B...!

an example...

Player B starts out at rank 15 and beats the players at rank 14, 13, 12, 11, and 10... so is now at rank 10... now Player A at rank 20 beats Player B... and so the way it is done NOW is that Player B goes ALL the way back to rank 20... Player B now has a position as if he LOST to the players at rank 14,13,12,and 11... and in fact has lost ground to the players at ranks 19,18,17,16, and 15.. without them having to do anything or even have fought... this is ridiculous!

there are many other ABSURD cases if you SWAP ranks instead of the following... the way it SHOULD work is this:

if Player A at rank X challenges and beats Player B at rank Y... then Player A should now be rank Y (as it is now)... BUT... Player B should only drop ONE RANK to (Y-1)...
          Powerful guilds can use the logic that the arena follows to their advantage - especially towards the top ranks (edge case).

Comment

it IS obviously a ladder system... there are different ways to do ladder systems... some better than others... swap is terrible... rank down one is how the best ladders work...

i stand by my opening post...

Comment

an example...

i can say its not totally a ladder system. because if its a ladder system there will be a points to determined what is the rank.
              Lets say

1. If you duel a player and win you get like 2 pts and if loss maybe you lost 1 pt. this determine the ranking in a ladder system.
              2. if your playing mmorpg you will go to a ladder system pvp and only able to battle players who is there and online. Not battle AI of players and the AI is sucks especially if you are offline here.
              3. and it will be divided into categories. 20-40, 41-50+ like that.

thats how ladder system works

Comment

it IS obviously a ladder system... there are different ways to do ladder systems... some better than others... swap is terrible... rank down one is how the best ladders work...

I don't know the true reason - but judging by the power loss while offline and huge possible jumps in rank in a relatively short time, it seems to promote more exciting battles close to the wire.

Comment

duel only matters to me every 3rd day when the reward is going to be given. the rest only to get some potions, vip token and other stuff. because even you are the strongest in your server, there are still people that can beat your AI

Comment

you said it yourself that there are different ways.. this is how the way they(wartune) want it.. i say title of thread should be changed.. it says something about "wrong" xD in fact it isnt.. its just different from what you want xD

Comment

but i have another proposal.. why not if we change the ranks that show up in our screen. example i you are at rank20.. others with 4 ranks higher than you should only show up (19, 18, 17, 16)
                      but im not saying i dont like the ladder system of this game.

Comment

I agree with this, the logic is simple..
                        If A(Ranked 20th) beats B(Rank 10th) then it automatically makes A better than B and hence better than everyone who are worse than B(Rank 11th,12th etc) BUT it doesnt make B worse than rank 11th,12th etc so the rankings should be shifted one at a time only, nice suggestion Peter

Comment

Originally posted by KnowingEyes7 View Post
                          I don't know the true reason - but judging by the power loss while offline and huge possible jumps in rank in a relatively short time, it seems to promote more exciting battles close to the wire.
                          yeah close to the wire, that statement is ** as there are actual players in the time zone of the server that they are in so it happens 5:00 am and most people like myself are in bed but other players that are different time zones take advantage of this fact, i think the reset should be the same as the tree reset so it is fair to all players

Comment

Originally posted by Ratty_Da_Mod View Post
                            your logic works ONLY if you are assuming that no other player fights that player at the same time....and the duel arena system doesn't work that way......
                            Yes, mods logic is the best logic, that's why they are mods. The rest all wrong hehe.
                            Five Sylphs for the Heros in wartune,
                            Two for the Whales in their deep blue ocean,
                            Three for Mortal Men doomed to die,
                            One for the Big Whales on their dark throne
                            In the Land of Wartune where the heroes lie.
                            One sylph to crush them all, One sylph to kill mobs,
                            One sylph to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
                            In the Land of Wartune where the Moby duck lie."

Comment

Originally posted by Ratty_Da_Mod View Post
                              for the first part of ur answer, if there is someone else fighting him at the same time, the one who finishes first gets the rank. and for the second part of your answer, how he described it is how it works. the 2 players swap position. if the player in rank 10 gets beaten by the player in rank 20, the player that was previously rank 10th becomes 20th. There was one time where i was ranked in the top 25, and the next day i noticed i lost 4 or 5 battles and was down in the 70's (though that was really bad luck that i kept on getting atk by people who were ranked some 10 spots behind me).

Comment

Working...
                              X