Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are mages the smallest whiners in this forum?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by R22400453 View Post
    They can get the same PDEF as Knights/archers can get MDEF, only they have aoe which burns the opposing troops much faster, AND can heal themselves for large amounts.
    can but u forget that knight have pdef boost what betetr vs archers n knights, archer n knights have hp boost wich better vs all type of dmg, n mages have mdef boost wich nice vs only mages
    class balance ****
    cash - noncah balance ****

so game ****? - ye

dont choose mage, bcs mage sux class!

Comment

what do mages have to complain about? they op!

Comment

i like how everyone is stating how easy playing a mage is, a mage is no easy class to play and if you play a mage you really have no choice but to be cash player on some level as you need the two skill sets to be competetive and a wanted person as well. mages have to play smart to win, spam aoe is not the key to victory later on and any knight and archer will tell you they can destroy poorly built mages when you get to the 60 plus levels of the game. mages also do have a very distinct disadvantage when it comes to necro as well as necro consists of a lot of p att bosses that will cripple a mage very easily and quickly. mages are also not op in world boss as archers are and our two hit combo are more time sensitive than any other class, and yes i have played them all. mages are also the hardest class to come by in my own experience as we are the most needed class in the game for mpd dungeons, face it without us ya'll screwed. with just me in any mpd up to 60 i can solo heal any party combination but i know not of any party combination that will work w/o a mage. call us what you want, but don't diss us cause you when you need the help we may not come to your aid.

Comment

oh poor mage, its not like 50+ levels of catacombs is tailor made for mages, with all the magic damage, eye after eye after eye. Poorly built anything will be destroyed by anything not poorly built, argument is both ridiculous and uninformative. Sorry you had it easy for the first 100 levels of cata, often times being the first to finish it, because of your MDEF and heal advantage over knights and archers. Please about the world boss, knights have the absolute worst time when it comes to WB. I am lucky to get off 7 attacks, while archers and mages can easily pull off more. And dont talk about being needed on end game dungeons cause knights are right there with you.

Comment

Originally posted by akirayama0ka View Post
            can but u forget that knight have pdef boost what betetr vs archers n knights, archer n knights have hp boost wich better vs all type of dmg, n mages have mdef boost wich nice vs only mages
            There's no mdef boost for mage ^^
            It's matk boost that doing great again archer and knight.
            If you said mage had low defence, there's was a reason why majority of mage love to hide behind they're troop.
            Silly me, I love to stand in front of my troop.

Hum... if you need to get something that mage can whin about...
            Hum... rage rune ^^
            GIVE ME USE MORE RAGE RUNE FOR LVL 65 MPD.
            Sigh... I want that PvE soon.

And my personal whin; I'm bored doing healing job all the time since lvl 50 MPD.
            S24 - Reaper's Illusion
            IGN - Vein

Comment

oh poor mage, its not like 50+ levels of catacombs is tailor made for mages, with all the magic damage, eye after eye after eye. Poorly built anything will be destroyed by anything not poorly built, argument is both ridiculous and uninformative. Sorry you had it easy for the first 100 levels of cata.
              Because the eye doesn't do PATK's god forbid...
              Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
              You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
              Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
              Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

because mage can support and attck at the same time. PVE strong, PVP more strong. next tread please...
                Now Playing ~ Shadowbound [S13] - Hunter

played games so far (in many different account) ~ Crystal Saga, Wartune, Broken Realm, Eternal Saga, Dragon Pals, Yitien, Blade Hunter (alpha), Lunaria Story, League of Angels, Monkey King Online, Crusader of Solaris, Shadowbound, Mythborne (alpha), Stormthrone (alpha) more list to come

Comment

hmmm I'm a mage.. don't ask Ratty if I whine.. he will just lie

Seriously, all classes have strengths and weaknesses, learning about them and dealing with them makes you a better player.. whatever your class, have some.

Yeah, he's SOOOOOOO romantic

Personal: Married to the most wonderful man in the world. Love you, Kit. Cara 'ch, 'm blaidd.

Honesty is an expensive gift, don't expect it from cheap people.

Demented children don't impress me.

Comment

Originally posted by vets_dethmatic View Post
                    i like how everyone is stating how easy playing a mage is, a mage is no easy class to play and if you play a mage you really have no choice but to be cash player on some level as you need the two skill sets to be competetive and a wanted person as well. mages have to play smart to win, spam aoe is not the key to victory later on and any knight and archer will tell you they can destroy poorly built mages when you get to the 60 plus levels of the game. mages also do have a very distinct disadvantage when it comes to necro as well as necro consists of a lot of p att bosses that will cripple a mage very easily and quickly. mages are also not op in world boss as archers are and our two hit combo are more time sensitive than any other class, and yes i have played them all. mages are also the hardest class to come by in my own experience as we are the most needed class in the game for mpd dungeons, face it without us ya'll screwed. with just me in any mpd up to 60 i can solo heal any party combination but i know not of any party combination that will work w/o a mage. call us what you want, but don't diss us cause you when you need the help we may not come to your aid.
                    Yep pretty much. We have low rage generation and as a healer in mpd we are very needed. It comes down on us if we have to pick up the slack of the group in dungeons for big heals and needing to use rage runes. I like playing my mage cause there is no set rotation in mpds, at least for healing and we can also dps fairly well though not as good as an archer. We have lowest health so if an archer or a knight can get past our troops we are in big trouble. Knights have pdef as their boost which covers 2 classes and our mdef boost covers one. Our aoes do help a lot, and allow for quick killing in bgs and arena but a lot of this just counters our lower health. I do have difficulty double hitting on world boss due to a weak connection and sometimes when I get it to work right I will be netting 49-55k every time but I tend to get about 37-42k as when I double hit it will cast a fireball and end up shooting the lightning the following turn effectively making me lose 2 turns I can double hit on and it will hinder my rage generation to be able to use the abilities I need to in there. Typically I get about 12-15 on world boss but when double hit goes well I can get about 5 or 6 which is very rare.

Each class have their strength and weaknesses and are fairly well balanced in my opinion.

Comment

.. to those who complains about mages:
                      Pdef Ability to get aaaalmost as good pdef as archer (only limiter is that their max def is limited in a very small amount on their chest piece) Which in turn they regain as they do not have the same need to put as much work into mdef as archers do, they get higher mdef for free. With heals (explained more in detail a bit below) the downside of lower pdef is... pretty much none-existant.
                      Matk - overall, 2nd highest atk in terms of pure numbers (normally archers should have more). AGAIN they overcome it with strong aoes with high % dmg and low rage cost (if cast on many enemies, such as player + 2 troops) clear of troops fast and just dd down the opponent. This is their biggest pvp advantage, cuz they are the only class capable of using it, they can in larger width focus on pdef then archers/knights can focus on mdef.
                      Heals. Ability to in very large numbers rapidly regain health. in almost every lvl from 35+ they clear off troops fast and can build rage to heal themselves, mostly the opponent is alrdy dead by the time so it doesn't matter much early, later on... yeaah... when they have about 30k+ hp and can heal for 10k+ easly, a single heal beats knight agoran shield by far.. they have 15sec compared to 1min cd .... .....
                      Strong heals and a very good regen, you can build a mage and laugh at catacomb with it. Strong knights/archers needs around 55-60 at best to clear cata (unless heavy cashers) a decent mage can do it in 50-53 and they will always be about 10-15 floors ahead as you try to get there, good amount of xp and crypt tokens gained.
                      AOESmore in details. 135-140% aoes + qte. 2 of them. Knight maxed aoe have 100%+qte ish, with 30sec cd... RoF, 10 sec cd. Meteor.. not sure, 20 i think. Archer maxed aoe have around %, about 130, needs lot more skill points invested and it requires lot more rage and longer cd. SEE the overwhelming difference? Not to mention Rof costs ... 16-4 per enemy, Meteor 30-4 per enemy. Lunatic (archer aoe) 45-5 per crit. Whirlwind 50-10=40.
                      Gold/coins: not much, does well in wb and the gain from the gold spent compared to gain is high. Knight does bad at wb and roughly same gain from coins spent-> gain from spent coins. NOT TO MENTION: THE WORST STUPID ******* IDEA EVER. HP PACK!!!!!!!!!!!!! for a non cashing knight that have to tank many and many dungeons and stuffs in late game when hp pack is over, has a high maintenance COST from that. seriously, before i managed to save for 1 month free hp pack, i had to spend over 1.5m a week just to have hp pack sufficient enough (fair enough 6/7 runs was nightmare but anyway). Archer have a low gain compared to what they need to spend, this is in late game, i dont speak of early cuz it doesn't matter much. Great gold gain, pwns wb.... but low gold/coin effiency.

downsides of mage:
                      Hp, do not have 20% hp passive and generally have lower hp. Although a mage can build up hp really well and still have good mdef/pdef/matk.... although the heals largely cover up this weakness
                      low rage gain and fairly high rage consumption (heals) somewhat covered by the new talent and castinator and ring set bonus. Also if you spend enough time to get a pve set, u will not have much of a weakness..at all... enjoying spamming heals and aoes and watch ppl cry (in general with pve set)
                      ... yh thats about it..

Comment

Mages need a ton of matk to get 10k+. I think I get about 9.7k with 13k matk but I haven't paid much attention for a while with the actual numbers. Restoration costs 35 rage and with the low rage generation it doesn't make it as such a useful ability in battle. Only really useful when farming much weaker players in battlegrounds and healing ourselves back up and with the cross-server battlegrounds coming this will make it harder to do but more fair.. We need to use all our rage to knock out the troops with aoe. Knights' Agoran Shield is stronger from my experience, particularly if the knight has stacked 45k+ hp. Also knights abilities make them lose health a lot slower than a mage. Some knights take about 3 turns before I can get through. Besides if knights get through our troops we are dead unless we have already knocked out a big chunk of their hp. Comparing cooldowns is silly since we can never get restoration off more than once in a fight anyways. With Pve gear perhaps a different story but very few players are capable of the 60 gear right now. We do have second highest attack but we also don't have the block capabilities with a passive suntoria essentially or the health of knights. We have a better set up to allow for more defense than an archer but they have a lot more health than we do. Our AoEs are Meteor and Reign of Fire. Reign of Fire costs 16 and Meteor costs 30 and our lightning bolt generates 6 rage per turn which doesn't seem all that much to me. Knights get 10rage from what I recall per turn just for the passive, when mages is 2. So this allows for knights to gain rage a lot quicker and also makes stun a lot more useful. As a mage I rarely use stun since I get a measly 2 rage off it.

It seems you are a knight that struggles a lot against mages. Mages are meant to be a little favored in fighting knights due to the rock paper scissor balance. Don't forget you can faceroll archers.
                        Last edited by R24877577; 02-12-2013, 10:41 AM.

Comment

oh poor mage, its not like 50+ levels of catacombs is tailor made for mages, with all the magic damage, eye after eye after eye. Poorly built anything will be destroyed by anything not poorly built, argument is both ridiculous and uninformative. Sorry you had it easy for the first 100 levels of cata, often times being the first to finish it, because of your MDEF and heal advantage over knights and archers. Please about the world boss, knights have the absolute worst time when it comes to WB. I am lucky to get off 7 attacks, while archers and mages can easily pull off more. And dont talk about being needed on end game dungeons cause knights are right there with you.
                          i like do MPD without knight ...lol..i prefer do MPD with 3 archer or 2 mage 2 archer...no offence

Comment

I am mage who need wine, am i winer then? :-/

Comment

Why complain as a mage, what is there to complain about? Mages get a lot more than other classes.
                              PVP = Dominance
                              Catacombs = first to finish
                              Multiplayer = need at least one mage from badlands on
                              World boss = Can be top 10, close to the same league as an archer at a high lvl
                              Talents = great compared to others
                              Astrals = extra astral over archer
                              Skills = best for how much rage they cost to use, cd time and overall attack power
                              Battleground = can heal on low levels, and gain rage easily from low levels for an aoe spam on a high level player
                              Last edited by Unkn0wnX; 02-13-2013, 07:05 PM.

Comment

Do mages have extra astrals?

Comment

Working...
                                X