Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are mages the smallest whiners in this forum?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by maengames View Post
    i like do MPD without knight ...lol..i prefer do MPD with 3 archer or 2 mage 2 archer...no offence
    most people does demon temple these days with 2 archers 2 mage or 3 archers 1 mage, none will invite a knight.
    Five Sylphs for the Heros in wartune,
    Two for the Whales in their deep blue ocean,
    Three for Mortal Men doomed to die,
    One for the Big Whales on their dark throne
    In the Land of Wartune where the heroes lie.
    One sylph to crush them all, One sylph to kill mobs,
    One sylph to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
    In the Land of Wartune where the Moby duck lie."

Comment

Originally posted by R21577189 View Post
      most people does demon temple these days with 2 archers 2 mage or 3 archers 1 mage, none will invite a knight.
      I want a knight to go with me, even if the knight is squishy... it's just that they look more like a meat shield than archers... no offense.
      The Last Remnant OSTs Go!!!

{OuO**

Comment

I'll always bring a knight with me in MPs
        (My friend we've almost reached lvl 7 friendlyness without any 99 or 999 roses ;D)
        But why not knight :S always good to have that thing take the hits^^
        (not mentioning he's the servers tankiest but that's still details)
        Last edited by Smoldering; 02-14-2013, 12:36 AM.
        S166. lvl: 78(soon/is)
        Mage: Existence (G.M)
        BR: 113k-ish 70 set's done!!

Comment

And... here's another whin...
          If you compare on the gameplay, mage are the hardest class to use.
          Let's take Demon Temple as example:
          You need to keep your party (mainly your meat shield) stay on full health and at the same time you need to keep rage for next bless and puri.
          You need to count on cooldown (skill and rune), rage, turn, and the right time to use a heal skill.
          While on archer, deep used right away after CD down, and scatter used when boss buff reach 3. Just making sure your rage 70, you're good to go.
          And for knight?

Nai, you just need to stay alive.
          Shield? Apollo?
          When the CD end, you can use it again. Knight got faster rage built.

How I can say it? Becouse I already use Archer and Mage for Demon Temple.
          So I can compare it. Well, for knight Im still playing on Moonevil.

Mage Op?
          Yeah sure, as well as how you need to play smart for this one.
          1 turn late, you'll party die and the blame come to mage even thought we already burn our rage and rune.
          Few days ago, my guild mate told me how they get furious becouse they can't pass Demon Temple. They're archer are stronger than mine, but they can't pass it. But with the same member just different acher (weaker one) they can pass it.

Im serious, I whin on how other class blame us when we can't pass dungeon even though the one who wrong are archer that late for scatter and deep.

Yeah, but some need knight.
          In my case, we always haunt our knight to lvl up fast so we can go to Demon Temple. The only lvl 65 on my guild need to work twice becouse 4 mage and 2 archer need this dungeon.
          S24 - Reaper's Illusion
          IGN - Vein

Comment

Originally posted by Ruise View Post
            And... here's another whin...
            If you compare on the gameplay, mage are the hardest class to use.
            Let's take Demon Temple as example:
            You need to keep your party (mainly your meat shield) stay on full health and at the same time you need to keep rage for next bless and puri.
            You need to count on cooldown (skill and rune), rage, turn, and the right time to use a heal skill.
            While on archer, deep used right away after CD down, and scatter used when boss buff reach 3. Just making sure your rage 70, you're good to go.
            And for knight?

Nai, you just need to stay alive.
            Shield? Apollo?
            When the CD end, you can use it again. Knight got faster rage built.

How I can say it? Becouse I already use Archer and Mage for Demon Temple.
            So I can compare it. Well, for knight Im still playing on Moonevil.

Mage Op?
            Yeah sure, as well as how you need to play smart for this one.
            1 turn late, you'll party die and the blame come to mage even thought we already burn our rage and rune.
            Few days ago, my guild mate told me how they get furious becouse they can't pass Demon Temple. They're archer are stronger than mine, but they can't pass it. But with the same member just different acher (weaker one) they can pass it.

Im serious, I whin on how other class blame us when we can't pass dungeon even though the one who wrong are archer that late for scatter and deep.

Yeah, but some need knight.
            In my case, we always haunt our knight to lvl up fast so we can go to Demon Temple. The only lvl 65 on my guild need to work twice becouse 4 mage and 2 archer need this dungeon.
            yeah...it's funny how these people blame mages for not healing them when they died in MP. mages are there to support. our best healing support is suntoria as it affects everyone for a period of time. blessing is just for emergency. same goes with restore. so if a mage restore a character for 8K only for it to take 6-7K damage the next turn, what's the point? do they expect a mage to heal them every 5 seconds? mages' rage gain is slow. as mages, usually we'll prioritize on suntoria. we also prioritize on restoring the tanks coz they could survive longer. generally, the longer they survive, the longer the whole team survives. but then again, this, too, is not an easy task. most MP boss have AoE, thus, it's hard for us to heal the tank considering that usually other character's hp is lower than the tank. sometimes i even have to sacrifice other members (let them die) so that i can heal the tank. apart from that, will it be wise for a mage to spend his rage to restore a guy's weak *** & jeopardize the whole team members due to the lack of rage to maintain suntoria later? basically, other characters in the MP need to be as strong. don't go blaming others if u are weak. so u see, there's a lot of decision making, rage planning & timing involve when playing a mage..
            I don't need a plan.....just a goal, the others.....will follow on their own.

Comment

Originally posted by Unkn0wnX View Post
              Why complain as a mage, what is there to complain about? Mages get a lot more than other classes.
              PVP = Dominance
              Catacombs = first to finish
              Multiplayer = need at least one mage from badlands on
              World boss = Can be top 10, close to the same league as an archer at a high lvl
              Talents = great compared to others
              Astrals = extra astral over archer
              Skills = best for how much rage they cost to use, cd time and overall attack power
              Battleground = can heal on low levels, and gain rage easily from low levels for an aoe spam on a high level player
              PVP - very much debatable, especially single duel. in arena, well, it's a teamwork thing. that + stats determine the winner, not the character class.
              Cata - first to finish by a few levels...so? after some time, everyone will catch up. insignificant.
              MP - well, we're the support class. we debuff teammates just as how archers debuff foes.
              WB - well, 'can' applies to knights too. unlike how others eventually catch up with mages in cata, we'll never beat archer of about the same stats in WB.
              Talents - what's so great about it..? some are ok & the rest sucks, just like other class. (but i heard knight's skill is good. but i don't really know myself )
              Astrals - archers will be ahead of everyone due to WB gold & daru gains.
              Skills - archer & knight can spam multi shot / ultimate slasher for free, mage can't spam RoF for free. archer & knight can just alternate between AS<>MS / S<>US, mage can't alternate between Bolt<>RoF...we need rage & wait for CD.
              BG - heal? well, it doesn't matter. meeting an archer or knight with stocked rage will give them access to their AoE that hits us harder than we hit them. (personally, i always save extra rage for next battle rather spend it to cast restore that's very expensive) gain rage easily? ermmm...we're the slowest rage gainer. besides, archer's AoE cost 45 & can gain up to 45 rage...& it crits, thus, hits harder too.
              I don't need a plan.....just a goal, the others.....will follow on their own.

Comment

No mages are not the smallest whiners on here!!!!

The smallest whiners are the people who have actually learnt how to use whatever class they play, to the best of their ability!!

If you have developed your class incorrectly then that is your own fault, not an inherent fault of the toon you play!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Billy_McF View Post
                  No mages are not the smallest whiners on here!!!!

The smallest whiners are the people who have actually learnt how to use whatever class they play, to the best of their ability!!

If you have developed your class incorrectly then that is your own fault, not an inherent fault of the toon you play!!!
                  jeez dude! Don't try and use logical, well thought out discussion points here!

Anyone might think you're remotely intelligent or something!
                  Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
                  You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
                  Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

mages are the most modest class too... didn't you know?
                    ChieftainRez
                    Knight
                    VictisHNR
                    [S1] Temple of Ibalize

Comment

if i restart again, i will prolly play a mage

Comment

how about knights?.. Is there anything that to be proud of??? are the weakest in the class?

Comment

Originally posted by R27167361 View Post
                          how about knights?.. Is there anything that to be proud of??? are the weakest in the class?
                          Knight?
                          The biggest annoying class to kill for other class --"
                          If mage the hardest class on game play, knight are the hardest class to build.
                          Get the right built, and you become the most hardest class to kill.
                          S24 - Reaper's Illusion
                          IGN - Vein

Comment

Originally posted by R24152717 View Post
                            PVP - very much debatable, especially single duel. in arena, well, it's a teamwork thing. that + stats determine the winner, not the character class.
                            Cata - first to finish by a few levels...so? after some time, everyone will catch up. insignificant.
                            MP - well, we're the support class. we debuff teammates just as how archers debuff foes.
                            WB - well, 'can' applies to knights too. unlike how others eventually catch up with mages in cata, we'll never beat archer of about the same stats in WB.
                            Talents - what's so great about it..? some are ok & the rest sucks, just like other class. (but i heard knight's skill is good. but i don't really know myself )
                            Astrals - archers will be ahead of everyone due to WB gold & daru gains.
                            Skills - archer & knight can spam multi shot / ultimate slasher for free, mage can't spam RoF for free. archer & knight can just alternate between AS<>MS / S<>US, mage can't alternate between Bolt<>RoF...we need rage & wait for CD.
                            BG - heal? well, it doesn't matter. meeting an archer or knight with stocked rage will give them access to their AoE that hits us harder than we hit them. (personally, i always save extra rage for next battle rather spend it to cast restore that's very expensive) gain rage easily? ermmm...we're the slowest rage gainer. besides, archer's AoE cost 45 & can gain up to 45 rage...& it crits, thus, hits harder too.
                            Cata: yes everyone will in the end clear, but on the way there mages have made much more xp and crypt tokens and gems to get themselves and advantage.
                            PvP: a well built mage is op, but yh it i agree.
                            MP: yh we need you no point discussing this.
                            WB: Yeah u pretty much can't beat an archer, however a knight can't beat any. I'm the strongest knight, I get beaten by archers/mages at maye 5-8k lower br then me (not to mention they have maybe 2k+ less atk then me) I have rly high stats, but I am also the only knight top 10...Serves top 10 are 5 ish knight. 1 time have i seen another of those 4 knights at top 10, use balens. Mages, yh easier for you, 2 mages always in top 5. Sometimes in top 3, they dont win.. but doing very good anyway.
                            Talents: Knights, good???? Total ****. 1 is good, -5% dmg (everyone have it) some are built dependant, but 2 skills is ok if your build can do with it. You got easly best talents.. Focus, barrier, awaken, survival (not sure if i mixed em up but anyway you got heal talent, -5%, -30% rage for X turns)
                            Astrals: Not talking about just wb, that extra astral slot is a gain in just about everything, except wb cuz u just need atk not the defensive astrals, just replace.
                            Skills: True enough, higher cd and higher rage consumption. You dont need it in solo pvp, just use aoes to clear troops (lose 4 rage/rof and 18/meteor) but you clear of troops fast and can build rage on the opponent that still is clearing troops. In Arena/group pvp, u get rage back easly from aoes. Pve: mobs=no rage loss, since you get to start with 30 you can always spam aoes. Bosses: yes it costs a lot of rage, does for all classes, you just need it most for every1s sake.
                            BG: If an archer or a knights aoe hits you more then your aoes hit them, dude you are doing something wrong. If a maxed lunatic hits you 3x crits with high lvl determination,... yh fine that is ok if it hits slightly more. Whirlwind (knight aoe) has **** dmg. Heals does matter. If you just use bolt/rof on lowbies then you do get rage easily, -4 rage each rof, +8 each bolt (say you cast 2 rofs and 4 bolts in your average fight, -4+8+8-12(counting troops are dead)+8+8=32-16=16 Rage gained in your average fight, 16. BUT your biggest advantage is healing in lower lvls, which you pass quickly. The HUGE advantage is the ability to smack out 2 aoes rapidly (rof-meteor-bolt spam/rof-bolt-meteor-bolt spam) with low cost (due to the ending bolt spam) possibly rage gain. These aoes can make a strong enough mage clear out a lowbie in 2-4 rounds, killing some1 in 4 rounds on my knight is fast...

Comment

Has anyone actually considered that for a mage or knight to be in the top 10 of WB - probably means they are spending... and if they're weaker than you... they're just spending more than you at that moment in time...
                              You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
                              Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

They seemed to be the quietest group.
                                Mages are the best in fact.
                                they got anything to complain? high def, high dmg, low rage needed and lots of aoe............

Comment

Working...
                                X