Announcement

Collapse

Official Community Discord Server

Join us on the new R2Games Community Discord Server! https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5
See more
See less

Are free players important?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Are free players important?

    I play 3 accounts. 1 is vip, 1 was and 1 never was. It was extremely difficult for me to stay competitive on the account I did not spend balens on. Not cause of wings, (small difference later on but important early game for quick catacombs completion) but because of gem transposer keeping players from being competitive endgame. Not to mention the fact that that crypt keys are rare and one of the few ways to obtain higher level gems. Now I'm not begging for handouts. I realize there are free kreds offer but I am from kong where offers are much less offers then on main site servers and no I wont move here just for the free offers.

    Now I ask this to the community. Are free players necessary? Do they make the game fun? I mean you do realize, the less players there are, the better rewards you get from world boss and guild wars right? Free players leave in droves because they can't compete with vip or cashers in general. Due to wings in the beginning then heavy honor loss in battlegrounds. Then if they can accept that, they can't get higher gem levels unless they somehow are able to accept free balen offers (need to be in the right country and the right website/publisher).

    Now I'm not asking for freebies, I'm just saying it has to be more fair for both free players and balen users. If you don't think free players are necessary, keep things the way they are. See if free players are willing to invest 2 to 3 more times then balen users and still not be able to beat them cause they will never be strong enough (wings, higher gems).

    P.S my characters 58, 56, 46.
    Last edited by ju3tb0red; 02-12-2013, 06:55 AM.

  • #2
    The more people play a game (for free or not) the more is being talked about the game, which attracts more players who are all potentially paying customers. So in that sense all players are important, as all free players are potentially paying customers, and they are a good source of advertising.

    Comment


    • #3
      Simple answer: Yes.



      Yeah, he's SOOOOOOO romantic


      Personal: Married to the most wonderful man in the world. Love you, Kit. Cara 'ch, 'm blaidd.

      Honesty is an expensive gift, don't expect it from cheap people.

      Demented children don't impress me.

      Comment


      • #4
        puts aside the mod hat...and answers as a player only......

        gaming is a very diverse world, paying to play is a mugs game.... R2 rely on the idea that players are going to want to win at any cost....and thats exactly what some of the players do... balen buying is not the only way they set out to win, either....... but not all cashers are the stereotypical ogres of bullidom, that spend big cos they can compensating for a less than average quantity in other ways... many of them are people that pay to play their pastime game / relaxation / fantasy world..... and cos they have grown to hate facebook with a passion that borders on near insanity......

        and then there are the free player.... the player that quietly waits to do their dungeons, dreams of the day that they will run beside the armoured tank cashers in the level 65 dungeons, ...and treasures their socketing rod that they got last week in guild altar, as if it was something that they would take out and polish until it gleams and they can see their face in it..... they enjoy the game and the friends they make.... being in one of the top 4 guilds is a honour, not a right cos they have a low BR..... and they are thankful just for the chance to play.... and they are the ones that tend to be the most thankful when a casher like myself says, * #$#@##@$%^#$^ you wanna run void ? lets run void... screw the fact that i am powerful enuf to run tarra and have attempts, lets run void "

        if I look over my server and the way that so many people were crapped on by the top guilds push to be number one.... I can not help but notice its not the non cashers that did most of it....

        so if you want my honest opinion, yes, the non cashers are important.... very important... they are a reminder that you can buy pixels on a screen, but you can not buy true honesty, goodness and friendship... no credit card can.... and if there was not non cashers in the game, then I would not be here either......

        Comment


        • #5
          yes they're important... =]
          I don't need a plan.....just a goal, the others.....will follow on their own.

          Comment


          • #6
            since when does it need to be fair for free users and balen/premium user? for what is the purpose of being in a premium acc if ur not gonna have an advantage from free users.. FAIL!

            Comment


            • #7
              Yes free players are very important to games like this. I rate players into 4 categories: noob, casher, skill, casher/skill players. In my opinion, money only goes so far unless you're willing to shell out the big bucks to win (ie. $1000 or more). Skilled players (typically) can beat a casher who has no concept of what they are doing. Free players have to learn the game, build their toon right and plan ahead if they want to compete. Typically in game, you need advice...the free players are the ones to ask because they have figure this stuff out to compete.
              Yitien:

              Class: Assassin lvl 78
              BR: 67K
              Server: Qianfo Hall

              Comment


              • #8
                Dude no matter what any1 says the truth is that..
                The free players are important as they will get stomped by cashers and make them feel superior, hence they would wanna spend more money.....Freee players are there just to make cashers feel superior thats it.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I will disagree here, one most servers Free players outnumber the cashers on probably a 10:1 ratio, you can probably name the majority of the cashers on your server, but there are hundreds more non cashers. If Free players all stopped playing each server would probably have 100-200 players at best at any givebn time instead of the thousand or so that inhabit most servers.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by AlexandrusS5 View Post
                    I will disagree here, one most servers Free players outnumber the cashers on probably a 10:1 ratio, you can probably name the majority of the cashers on your server, but there are hundreds more non cashers. If Free players all stopped playing each server would probably have 100-200 players at best at any givebn time instead of the thousand or so that inhabit most servers.
                    Yup dude thats what im saying, see the logic is simple...there are hordes of free players and their purpose as far as the game is concerned is TO MAKE CASHERS FEEL SUPERIOR thats what i think....free players are just restricted to level 4 gems which is the most unfair feature in any game yet...cashers feel good about themselves when they pwn free players and that gets their blood rushing and they wanna spend more coz even if some of the free players quit, there will never be a shortage of the supply of free players and cashers feel so proud to crush them....ive not got anything against cashers at all coz im a moderate cashers too but i just want to emphasize the importance of free players....imagine if everyone spent money like onimad, im sure she would not wanna spend any more if that ever happens..... the only reason why people spend a fortune in games is coz they get pleasure by crushing others(free players) and hence they wanna spend more.. this is how it works

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by kattuktk View Post
                      Yup dude thats what im saying, see the logic is simple...there are hordes of free players and their purpose as far as the game is concerned is TO MAKE CASHERS FEEL SUPERIOR thats what i think....free players are just restricted to level 4 gems which is the most unfair feature in any game yet...cashers feel good about themselves when they pwn free players and that gets their blood rushing and they wanna spend more coz even if some of the free players quit, there will never be a shortage of the supply of free players and cashers feel so proud to crush them....ive not got anything against cashers at all coz im a moderate cashers too but i just want to emphasize the importance of free players....imagine if everyone spent money like onimad, im sure she would not wanna spend any more if that ever happens..... the only reason why people spend a fortune in games is coz they get pleasure by crushing others(free players) and hence they wanna spend more.. this is how it works
                      I thought there were a couple of quests that gave level 5 transposers.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        there are, for Pdef, Mdef, & either Patt, or Matt depending on your class.

                        Also...sure Cashers can get stronger faster, but the cashers have fewer & fewer advantages these days.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by ju3tb0red View Post
                          I play 3 accounts. 1 is vip, 1 was and 1 never was. It was extremely difficult for me to stay competitive on the account I did not spend balens on. Not cause of wings, (small difference later on but important early game for quick catacombs completion) but because of gem transposer keeping players from being competitive endgame. Not to mention the fact that that crypt keys are rare and one of the few ways to obtain higher level gems. Now I'm not begging for handouts. I realize there are free kreds offer but I am from kong where offers are much less offers then on main site servers and no I wont move here just for the free offers.

                          Now I ask this to the community. Are free players necessary? Do they make the game fun? I mean you do realize, the less players there are, the better rewards you get from world boss and guild wars right? Free players leave in droves because they can't compete with vip or cashers in general. Due to wings in the beginning then heavy honor loss in battlegrounds. Then if they can accept that, they can't get higher gem levels unless they somehow are able to accept free balen offers (need to be in the right country and the right website/publisher).

                          Now I'm not asking for freebies, I'm just saying it has to be more fair for both free players and balen users. If you don't think free players are necessary, keep things the way they are. See if free players are willing to invest 2 to 3 more times then balen users and still not be able to beat them cause they will never be strong enough (wings, higher gems).

                          P.S my characters 58, 56, 46.
                          Only one thing can solve this.. They should implement the Auction Feature. Its the only way for free players to gain balens in any platform.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by AlexandrusS5 View Post
                            there are, for Pdef, Mdef, & either Patt, or Matt depending on your class.

                            Also...sure Cashers can get stronger faster, but the cashers have fewer & fewer advantages these days.
                            Hipsters only advantage should be to get stuff faster, and maybe slightly more powerful than free one. Not get everything almost instantly and be lightyears infront.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by AlexandrusS5 View Post
                              there are, for Pdef, Mdef, & either Patt, or Matt depending on your class.

                              Also...sure Cashers can get stronger faster, but the cashers have fewer & fewer advantages these days.
                              The second line is funny

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X