The Forums....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Forums....

Well I have read several posts, suggestions, questions, opinions, etc., & I have come to a conclusion that there are *not nice people* in this game who like to make people feel ignorant/dumb, and believe that their **** don't stink. What is the actual purpose of the Forums? Is it not to ask questions, offer suggestions, etc. That's what I believed it to be, well it is in some sense, then there is the ugly side of it, and this includes moderators also. Not everyone is computer savy/garus. Not everyone plays this game 24/7. I most certainly do not, example: I asked a question about the Necropolis, and instead of getting a response like here, check this out, hope it helps, or somewhere in that field, I got a link, and was told to please use search next time. That was rude in my opinion. I know there are issues w/ this game, etc. I also know that this world we live in isn't perfect, but when one wishes to play a game, it's to have fun, not be ridiculed for asking stuff, seeking answers to questions. In my opinion(which I know doesn't really matter to anyone except me) the forums are slowly becoming as useless as the ticket system where R2 keeps directing you to go, and post your concerns, etc. "Community as a whole"....it's a joke really!
    Last edited by MemoryLane; 02-15-2013, 01:17 AM.

If someone posted a link and said *please use search next time*, it does not mean they are being *rude*. Most people just don't have time to type a full out reply and would rather direct you using a link. They most likely said use search next time because it wouldnt hurt to search before making a thread.
    Morganna
    Server: 112 Seven-Realm: 49 Mage
    Guild: FREEDOM

Need To File A Ticket?

Comment

I'm very sorry you feel the way you do. A lot of questions have been asked and answered many times before, so it's only natural for people to suggest you use the search function before asking as your question may have been answered before. If you don't find what you're looking for after searching, then you'll know how to phrase your question to get the best response.

Sometimes, the best answer to a question is a link to the answer, so you shouldn't jump on people for providing answers like that. If you've been linked to a thread and it doesn't answer your question, you can always state that it didn't help so other posters know how to help you better.

I do agree that some people's responses to questions do leave a lot to be desired. I think people forget that not everyone is going to understand every aspect of the game as fast as they did, and that some people are new and need assistance. You just need to look past the bad apples on the forum until a good one comes along.

If I may make a suggestion, if you respond with sarcasm and rudeness to people's replies, even if the reply was rude to begin with, your questions will be overlooked by most people, or you'll only get sarcastic and rude answers to any other questions you ask. If a response isn't helpful, just say it wasn't and wait for one that is. Forum etiquette is a two-way street.

If you have any issues with any of the moderators- and this goes for anyone- please send me a forum pm with a link to the thread and I will look into it. If the issue is with me personally, you can still come to me about it.
      New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

Umm, didn't say anything about banning, and yes if you reread above I did state that my opinion only matters to me, hence why I posted what I did, I realize it's a platform, a community of gamers.

Comment

Ty MemoryLane

Comment

Originally posted by MemoryLane View Post
            I'm very sorry you feel the way you do. A lot of questions have been asked and answered many times before, so it's only natural for people to suggest you use the search function before asking as your question may have been answered before. If you don't find what you're looking for after searching, then you'll know how to phrase your question to get the best response.
            In that case I *really* don't appreciate it being told of by a moderator for 'necroing' a thread by using the search function...

Comment

Originally posted by CreamySaucepan View Post
              In that case I *really* don't appreciate it being told of by a moderator for 'necroing' a thread by using the search function...
              Ouch.
              It was said in "jest". I guess you didn't appreciate my caustic humor. In addition, I also didn't close that thread or even PM you to stop.

Maybe I should stop being humorous.
              Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
              [No longer logging in]

Comment

Originally posted by CondorHero View Post
                Ouch.
                It was said in "jest". I guess you didn't appreciate my caustic humor.
                Fair enough.

Comment

The forums are a publicly available service for all players of the game.

You can't expect to get on and be chummy with everyone. Nor appreciate their humour, ideals, opinions or vice versa.

Some people you will like, others you will dislike. It's the way of life.
                  Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
                  You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
                  Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

Originally posted by GingerTheHutt View Post
                    The forums are a publicly available service for all players of the game.

You can't expect to get on and be chummy with everyone. Nor appreciate their humour, ideals, opinions or vice versa.

Some people you will like, others you will dislike. It's the way of life.
                    Hmph, unacceptable. Everybody's entitled to my opinion, and that's that!

Comment

yes of course ma'am. My apologies for thinking I might have my own opinion...
                      You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
                      Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

I'm opinionated here and not above giving said opinion but what I usually try to do is be polite and be civil until someone gives me a reason not to. In my experience with games like this I do understand not everyone fully understands every aspect of this game and most never will (me included). That is why the forums are here. To ask and to get answers or just to discuss game topics. I have seen several "snarky" I guess remarks (myself included) and its not fair to the newbies in the forum/game. But trust me on this, there are dozens of players here who are more than happy to answer any question you have. But as has been said in earlier posts sometimes its easier to post a link than type out a reply. There could be a few reasons for this. First being a time issue. Players may only be on the forums for a short while at that time (like I am right now) and they don't have time for a very precise and detailed answer. Or the second reason could be someone answered the question in a better way than they could. Not everyone can type what they mean and make it clear. They may know the answer but may not be very clear when they type it out.
                        Yitien:

Class: Assassin lvl 78
                        BR: 67K
                        Server: Qianfo Hall

Comment

The thing is mb we/you expected too much on r2. and in this game. my advice would be dont expect anything good in any circumstances in this game or in reality
                          Last edited by ™Uriah-†-; 02-15-2013, 09:15 PM. Reason: ...
                          “If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself,
                          you will succumb in every battle”

Server: [106] Devil's Trail
                          Guild: Sancâ€*uary

Comment

Well, when I want your opinion, I'll give it to you. :-p
                            Finagle's Law - Anything that can go wrong will normally go wrong in the worst possible way.

Malfaedor
                            Kabam Server 1 - US West
                            Guild: MntyPython

General Zod
                            S5 - Roaring Wetlands
                            Guild: Saga

Comment

Originally posted by Rex_Typhoon View Post
                              Well, when I want your opinion, I'll give it to you. :-p
                              Touche, sir...

Comment

Working...
                              X