why knights TRASH archers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Belhor1993 View Post
    Guys guys... ask yourself why are we called knights/tanks. About this thread what can i say... archers do triple gold on wb now, they can slow you in pvp, they can debuff you and take your troops down in no time and with this gaia sylph they could hit you for unreal damage. Don't know why are you complaining from knights, can you tell me please? A knight with the right build (astrals/talents/tactic) is supposed to be strong.

slow only works on monsters
    and the basic attack, non skill attack
    IGN/Server: Crusader Kabam 62
    Class: Archer
    Battle Rating: 275k (with herc br)

Guild: Black Lotus
    Sylph: Hercules ★★ 46968
    Originally posted by Wraithraiser
    but yeah. Robo_Hobo for presidente

Comment

Guys guys... ask yourself why are we called knights/tanks. About this thread what can i say... archers do triple gold on wb now, they can slow you in pvp, they can debuff you and take your troops down in no time and with this gaia sylph they could hit you for unreal damage. Don't know why are you complaining from knights, can you tell me please? A knight with the right build (astrals/talents/tactic) is supposed to be strong.
      Yea and archer is ment to be the DPS class.....nothing could be further from the truth because that damage is not a constant...therefor archer is not a DPS class. Take alook at any other game that has a DPS class...they do massive damage very quickly and have poor defenses..they are true glass cannons...not so in wartunes DPS class, why?? $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ is the deciding factor to victory not class. You could build your knight or mage to be a DPS in wartunes...and many do it easily. With the new fate defense, knights will and have become indestructible not to mention the comming changes for knights skills that will make them gods of PVE and PVP which i guess makes them a true tank class...take massive damage and deal massive damage. So if you want to be a DPS archer be prepared to pay for it BIG time .

Comment

Originally posted by Panthaz89 View Post
        yeah thats why knights are always leading world boss.....oh wait nvm they just crush archers which is what they are supposed to counter while the mages usually trash them.
        But my good sir, mages trash archers too.

Originally posted by Spinsar View Post
        Archers shouldn't complain about mages like this. Archers have a lot more health than a mage, and can get multiple turns in a row.
        But my good sir, Rof and meteor are faster than any of the archer skills, and mages can heal multiple times the extra health an archer have.
        Last edited by HELLRAlSER; 05-15-2014, 03:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pickapath View Post
          So if you want to be a DPS archer be prepared to pay for it BIG time .
          Actually that depends on the player. If the player is not doing world boss, skip main things etc ofc he'll be weak. If archer and knight with same battle rating fight the archer will do more damage and you know... archers do more damage/gold on world boss so they build astrals faster than other classes. To be honest when i see archer to complain i feel like i want to throw something on him lol!
          Server: 110 Providence
          Class: Knight
          Guild: Phoenix
          Nickname: Belhor
          Level: 80
          Battle rating: 190588

Comment

Actually that depends on the player. If the player is not doing world boss, skip main things etc ofc he'll be weak. If archer and knight with same battle rating fight the archer will do more damage and you know... archers do more damage/gold on world boss so they build astrals faster than other classes. To be honest when i see archer to complain i feel like i want to throw something on him lol!
            And when I see knights/mages dont get it, i wanna take a machete and decapitate them. Archer are utter TRASH in pvp, even with higher br they still trash. I wish someone told me this when i started .

Example:
            A) Archer - Good for pve events. Choose this class when you are interested on playing vs AI the most.
            B) Knight - Good for pvp events. Choose this class if you are interested on fighting other players.
            C) Mage - Good for pvp and pve events. Choose this class when you wanna be good at everything and have no weakness.

Knowing this, who the *** would make an archer?!!? If i wanna fight the enviroment i play sonic.
            Last edited by HELLRAlSER; 05-15-2014, 03:57 AM.

Comment

When I see a archer complaining I tell him to reroll a knight...and loosing the ability to ever complain. Most archers won't survive knight pain and they will surely reroll mage by lvl 50...

Scissor is broken, nerf the paper, rock said....

Comment

Originally posted by akisakura View Post
                When I see a archer complaining I tell him to reroll a knight...and loosing the ability to ever complain. Most archers won't survive knight pain and they will surely reroll mage by lvl 50...

Scissor is broken, nerf the paper, rock said....
                Problem its not scissor, paper, rock

Mage beats Knight
                Knight beats Archer
                Archer beats WB.
                Last edited by HELLRAlSER; 05-15-2014, 03:58 AM.

Comment

I agree with this 100%. I am and have always played as an archer but I get PWND by Knights. A knight's job is to be a tank. Absorb all that damage while dishing out mayhem. Archers are built for DPS and a lot are more concerned about how much they are critting (I'm guilty for it) than worrying about defenses. A knight's PDEF is naturally high and with a WD build, they don't use up another astral like archers do with sniper and determination which either leaves them exposed in defense or HP. Coming from an archer, I am not ashamed to say, I get trashed by knights lol. It's just how it's supposed to be.
                  Wartune S-402; NightBow; ZeroHour;
                  DOWN WITH THE MACHINE

Comment

Originally posted by DannMassacre View Post
                    while dishing out mayhem
                    And thats the probem.

Comment

• Originally posted by HELLRAlSER View Post
                      Problem its not scissor, paper, rock

Knights beats Archer
                      Mage beats Knights
                      Archer beats WB.
                      That is so debatable that I wont even start...
                      You are one of ppl lobbying for balance. In this case you should know that anti-classes have zero to do with balance. So yes, IS A ***** HUGE PROBLEM.
                      Balance is when any class, regardless skills, cd's, talents, etc, can beat any other class and the only factor is the way you built your toon not the class you picked at level 1.

And yes, if you want a challenge and you want to overcome the so called "anti-class" problem, you might wanna get outta box and start to build your char for it . No one force you to go with the flow and make the cookie cutter build /gems, enchants/ astrals that everyone has.
                      Last edited by akisakura; 05-15-2014, 04:06 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by akisakura View Post
                        That is so debatable that I wont even start...
                        You are one of ppl lobbying for balance. In this case you should know that anti-classes have zero to do with balance. So yes, IS A ***** HUGE PROBLEM.
                        Balance is when any class, regardless skills, cd's, talents, etc, can beat any other class and the only factor is the way you built your toon not the class you picked at level 1.

And yes, if you want a challenge and you want to overcome the so called "anti-class" problem, you might wanna get outta box and start to build your char for it . No one force you to go with the flow and make the cookie cutter build /gems, enchants/ astrals that everyone has.
                        But, when a Knight and a Mage build properly their toon... actually no. If all of 3 classes have maxed all their skills/talents and have a similar well build BR, then archers are utter trash, just so i make my point on balance between classes.

Thing is am doing nothing of the sort. No cookie-butter for me. I tried everything in hope to find "balance" (heck even i tried out ruthless) but the issue with it, THERE IS NONE.
                        Last edited by HELLRAlSER; 05-15-2014, 04:09 AM.

Comment

But, when a Knight and a Mage build properly their toon... actually no. If all of 3 classes have maxed all their skills/talents and have a similar well build BR, then archers are utter trash, just so i make my point on balance between classes.
                          And yet again, this is the reason why R2 keeps it that way. As I said before, balance brings no money so, knowing this, why we keep debating about it? Will never happen'.
                          The only thing that brings balance to some point is green and starts with M , and no, is not the green forest monkey.
                          PS: the mages that pose a big problem for my knight are the ones full heal spec (suntoria, heal, rof and blessed light), with loads of defense and iris with rain dance.. That is a pain on the buttox. Otherwise, sitting in front of my troops and trying to get rid of his troops as far as i can or tunneling him can lead to a interesting outcome. And also sylphs now come into the stage...

Comment

• Originally posted by akisakura View Post
                            And yet again, this is the reason why R2 keeps it that way. As I said before, balance brings no money so, knowing this, why we keep debating about it? Will never happen'.
                            The only thing that brings balance to some point is green and starts with M , and no, is not the green forest monkey.
                            PS: the mages that pose a big problem for my knight are the ones full heal spec (suntoria, heal, rof and blessed light), with loads of defense and iris with rain dance.. That is a pain on the buttox. Otherwise, sitting in front of my troops and trying to get rid of his troops as far as i can or tunneling him can lead to a interesting outcome. And also sylphs now come into the stage...
                            Money don't bring any balance. If both cash the same the imbalance its still there. If this game was being addressed to intelligent ppl, cashing archers would have quit the game already.

Read my balance debate if you want, i already know what makes mages op.

Comment

• Originally posted by Belhor1993 View Post
                              Yes archer needs more gold than any other class and even when they get their PDEF and MDEF astros to level 8-9 they still getting slaughtered..having only 1 level left to improve from astros..next step is to max sc level not that it will help much. Could spend fate stones on fate defense but then that just makes it harder to improve PATK which just makes it harder against knights and tank mages. Think you threw a boomerang because its coming back to hit you in the arse :P What you dont seem to get is knight and mages defense bonus is a BASE stat that is constant. Archers crit increase is a Base stat that is not constant...archer cannot adopt knight or mages defense advantage but knight and mage can mimic archers crit advantage amazingly well....sometimes doing it better than archers. One step towards BASE balance would be to disable knight and mages ability to go crit build....meaning they cant crit even with crit astros because thats what a archer does...you want crit you go archer period. -_-

Comment

If this game was being addressed to intelligent ppl, cashing archers would have quit the game already.

-.-

Comment

Working...
                                X