Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Epic 50 trinkets vs Epic 60 trinkets: Are they worth trying to get?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epic 50 trinkets vs Epic 60 trinkets: Are they worth trying to get?

Alright opinion time everyone. Lets talk about the epic trinkets. Not the pve gear but just the trinkets and how hard/easy they are to get for casher/non-casher alike. First lets consider the cost of tokens to actually get 4 lvl 50 epic trinkets. First you have to buy the 4 trinkets which equals 1600 crypt tokens. For a non casher that takes roughly 17 days to accumulate (1600/95 crypt tokens per day for non-casher) or about 9 days if you have crypt keys. Then you have to buy 40 of the epic shards for the gear which is another 3200 crypt tokens (80*10*4) which is roughly 34 days to get or about 18 days with the crypt key. So combined it takes 51 or so days to get. That's almost 2 months for the non-cashers and just short of a month if you have crypt keys.

Now lets compare the cost of the epic 60 trinkets. You need 8000 crypt tokens for 4 trinkets (2000*4). That takes about 85 days to get for non-cashers or about 43 if you have the key. Here I can only speculate as I can't do the tormented necropolis since I don't have the key. I'm going to assume following the previous pattern for the 40 and 50 epic trinkets, you need 15 epic shards per piece and (I'm assuming) 120 tokens per shard. That is 4800 tokens which is roughly 51 days to gather and 26 days with the key. So for the full set of the epic 60 trinkets it will cost you a grand total of 12800 (again I can only speculate here and if anyone has the exact amount please let me know) and 136 days for a non-casher to get or 69 if you have 69 crypt keys.

Now lets discuss the balen cost for the 50 epic trinkets. It takes 27 crypt keys at 75 per key so that's 2025 balens for a complete set of the epic 50 trinkets if you use keys. It costs 5175 balens for the complete set of epic 60 trinkets to buy enough keys.

If my math is off I do apologize in advance. Math isn't my strong suit but the point of this thread is merely a discussion about the difficulty (or lack thereof if you prefer) of obtaining the gear. At this point we can only guess about the 70 epic trinkets and then the 80 epic trinkets but following this pattern I see a non-casher spending a year or longer just obtaining the tokens to build the 80 epic trinkets...

Thoughts/comments?
    Yitien:

Class: Assassin lvl 78
    BR: 67K
    Server: Qianfo Hall

I also have to add this isn't taking into consideration any tokens you can get from the VIP wheel or the guild blessing (even if you can). Also we don't know if tokens are going to be a possible reward from anything in the new patch.
    Yitien:

Comment

Alright update on the epic 60 shards. Instead of my thought of it being 120 tokens its 160 tokens. So continuing the above discussion it takes 9600 tokens to buy the epic shards for the 60 trinkets. That's 101 days without a key and and about 51 days with crypt keys. So that takes 186 days for non-cashers and about 93 days if you have keys. That will cost you a total of 6975 balens...
      Yitien:

Comment

Yeha, it is sickly expensive...it also does not take into account the time/cost of the stones for the legends

Comment

Yes sir that is correct. We can only have nightmares about how long it will take to craft the epic 70 and 80 trinkets. If everything doubles again we're looking at almost 3 years to craft a full set of epic 70 and 80 gear if you don't have keys. That's almost 400 bucks worth of balens though to buy the keys. Just speculating about the cost. My speculation could be +/- I really don't know at this point. We'll have to see what happens but I won't play a game for 2 years after I've hit 80 just to build 4 items. There is no point after that.
          Yitien:

Comment

50 leg is so much better due to the cost of them compared to the 60's. ofcourse 60 are better but going by the amount of stuff you need just for them also you will need some tough players to beat the 65 nm mp which from videos is a real badass boss to pass just to get to summoner

Comment

The game is about incrementals costing more than the previous level. Even if the benefit is the same in terms of gap, you can bet your rear end, it will cost you more in terms of said jump. Sometimes, BOTH incrementals are weaker and more expensive than the previous one.

Comment

Originally posted by KnowingEyes7 View Post
                The game is about incrementals costing more than the previous level. Even if the benefit is the same in terms of gap, you can bet your rear end, it will cost you more in terms of said jump. Sometimes, BOTH incrementals are weaker and more expensive than the previous one.
                prolly exponential jump like guild skills lvl 7 500, lvl 8 6000, guild skills lvl 9 8000, lvl 10 10000.

so, maybe taking 6 months to farm lvl 60 set now, maybe take 2 to 4 years to farm lvl 70 set.

it will take 4 to 8 years to farm lvl 80 set for crystalloids.
                Five Sylphs for the Heros in wartune,
                Two for the Whales in their deep blue ocean,
                Three for Mortal Men doomed to die,
                One for the Big Whales on their dark throne
                In the Land of Wartune where the heroes lie.
                One sylph to crush them all, One sylph to kill mobs,
                One sylph to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
                In the Land of Wartune where the Moby duck lie."

Comment

Eventually it gets to the point where you have to weigh the value of the later tier gear and the time it takes to get them. Of course all this could change with the new patch. We don't know what we can use the Cross Server BG points for nor do we know what will be a reward for the Divine Altar. We also don't know anything about the MP Spire or whatever its called. Tokens could potentially be coming out the yin yang...but knowing what I know thus far...prolly not gonna happen.

My biggest gripe is the time it takes to get the epic gear and its not really worth it. The base stats alone should be better than the same tier pvp gear. Epic 40 pve gear should be statistically better in everything (base stats, enchantable lvl and refineds stats) than the 45 pvp gear. I know it has higher refinable stats and enchantable lvl but its base stats should be higher as well as the 45 pvp gear. The same should be for the Epic 50, 60, 70 and 80 should be near deity-like with its enchantments and it should be really hard to get...not take 30 years because we can only get a very limited number of things to craft it each day.
                  Yitien:

Comment

well the game is based off the divine comedy where you get 150,000 balens for 20 bucks but this r2games is ripping everyone off giving only 2000 balens for 20 bucks so on the oem game its very easy to gain things but this r2games cause they dont change amount of materials required to craft items and gear they just reduce balens making everything much harder and less fun.even free player rolling in balens in divine comedy cause of auction house and the amount of balens floating around its like giving a 10 year old 100 bucks in a penny candy store but in r2 games 1 snickers bar cost 20 bucks.when you get 150k balens for 20 bucks you can really play the game like its meant to be played
                    Last edited by lance137; 02-17-2013, 01:47 PM.
                    Arguing on the internet is like running Something... Even if you win, you're still Loved

Comment

Originally posted by R21577189 View Post
                      prolly exponential jump like guild skills lvl 7 500, lvl 8 6000, guild skills lvl 9 8000, lvl 10 10000.

so, maybe taking 6 months to farm lvl 60 set now, maybe take 2 to 4 years to farm lvl 70 set.

it will take 4 to 8 years to farm lvl 80 set for crystalloids.
                      Level 70 set takes 400 crystalloids each. Not sure how you can make the leap from 6 months to 2-4 years.

Comment

We need to have the auction house to share and pool resources.

Comment

This.

Originally posted by lance137 View Post
                          well the game is based off the divine comedy where you get 150,000 balens for 20 bucks but this r2games is ripping everyone off giving only 2000 balens for 20 bucks so on the oem game its very easy to gain things but this r2games cause they dont change amount of materials required to craft items and gear they just reduce balens making everything much harder and less fun.even free player rolling in balens in divine comedy cause of auction house and the amount of balens floating around its like giving a 10 year old 100 bucks in a penny candy store but in r2 games 1 snickers bar cost 20 bucks.when you get 150k balens for 20 bucks you can really play the game like its meant to be played
                          Right here. How the hell do we get a better deal?

R2, how much is your licensing cost? I have half a mind to contact the original publishers and work out a deal. Servers are hella cheap these days.

Comment

divine comedy 5000 yuen =53 dollars =300,000 balens

r2games 300 dollars =30,000 balens and we wonder why its hard to get things done here
                            Arguing on the internet is like running Something... Even if you win, you're still Loved

Comment

Working...
                            X