Perfect PvP balance suggestion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by R23221469 View Post
    HMMM, archers should get rage sets and make them legendary,..... and maybe try their 'Trick' arrows a little more instead of relying so much on sheer force of multi and arrow ..... armor piercer can be devastating! but I never see an archer use one, hmmmmmmm
    Just goes to show too many players smash their face into the keyboard to play. Most apparently don't know there are situations that require different skills. My guess is this guess just uses his first two skills and doesn't even consider the possibility of his other skills...
    Yitien:

Class: Assassin lvl 78
    BR: 67K
    Server: Qianfo Hall

Comment

Originally posted by Rex_Typhoon View Post
      Consider the game as R/P/S - Archer beats Mage, Mage beats Knight, Knight beats Archer. And yes, there are exceptions, but hey, that's the game. Archers are NOT the **** end of the stick in PvP - step into an arena with a group of well-designed, well played archers and they are going to rip apart most things (except MAYBE a Mage-Wall, but only if the Mage-Wall has high MATK and PDEF, and the archers have lousy MDEF). You may want to look at some of the better archers on your server and see what they are doing differently than you - then try doing that.
      You sir hit the nail on the head with a hammer. So many players just don't realize there are situations they can't win. I'm willing to bet money here that 90% of archers who whine they can't beat mages is because they are trying to beat knights. They are going full pdef and neglecting their mdef. But that last sentence there speaks volumes...but in this guy's case that's too much work. His toon prolly sucks and he's too arrogant to admit that and doesn't want to do the work to fix it because that would mean he was wrong. Or it takes too much effort and wants a quick fix from R2.
      Yitien:

Comment

wow. just wow. lol

Comment

Just keep playing to lvl 70 and you will see that the game gets a little unfair for an archer hehe You shouldn't get so worked up either bro, this game is just for fun, it will never really matter
          Last edited by Unkn0wnX; 02-17-2013, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Unkn0wnX View Post
            Just keep playing to lvl 70 and you will see that the game gets a little unfair for an archer hehe
            I see archers in our server at lvl 69 and 70 and they don't seem to be slowing down any...we have a lvl 69 archer who's a light casher who dominates. Why? He knows his class and how to build it.
            Yitien:

Comment

Arena seems fine, as for other forms of P v P archers are "weak" because our skills are more random and our AoE skills have high rage costs. If I was 1 v 1 ing a mage with no troops I would stomp them but when you add troops in who my arrow strikes target and/or if they crit make a massive difference. If I open and crit the mage with arrow strike and don't hit their knights and then lunatic removing the knights while following it up with a multi its pretty much game over. On the other hand if I hit the knights with arrow strikes all of a sudden I have lost ~10k+ damage and if I don't crit at all I now have to rely upon getting lucky to win.

As for what archers are good at? They seem quite good at WB (If people on my server only balen rev a few times I can still beat them without rev's; after figuring out how to use game mechanics I increased my damage from 50-60k per a turn to 58k+ on non delphic rounds and 63k+ on delphic rounds with full v's), in catacombs deep freeze works wonders (I am pretty sure out of all the people that cleared 100 on my server I did it with the worse stats), necro well that's obvious our single target dmg + deep freeze gives us an edge, sure we may be weaker but as long as you exploit what you are good at you can stay ahead. Sure I may not be as good at PvP as some of the mages/warriors on my server but I can easily take top spots in arena, and I pretty much will always be top 3 on WB.

edit1: Also if you wanted to heal, or tank why did you roll an archer?
              edit2: The only thing that is ** about archers is how the debuff on armor piercer is next to useless (-250 pdef at max lvl), also can only stack 4 times (lasting 3 turns) and with a rage cost of 35 that's pretty much impossible and even if you did it would only be roughly 500 dmg increase which at higher levels is next to nothing.
              Last edited by R27403069; 02-17-2013, 04:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by R27403069 View Post
                Arena seems fine, as for other forms of P v P archers are "weak" because our skills are more random and our AoE skills have high rage costs. If I was 1 v 1 ing a mage with no troops I would stomp them but when you add troops in who my arrow strikes target and/or if they crit make a massive difference. If I open and crit the mage with arrow strike and don't hit their knights and then lunatic removing the knights while following it up with a multi its pretty much game over. On the other hand if I hit the knights with arrow strikes all of a sudden I have lost ~10k+ damage and if I don't crit at all I now have to rely upon getting lucky to win.

As for what archers are good at? They seem quite good at WB (If people on my server only balen rev a few times I can still beat them without rev's; after figuring out how to use game mechanics I increased my damage from 50-60k per a turn to 58k+ on non delphic rounds and 63k+ on delphic rounds with full v's), in catacombs deep freeze works wonders (I am pretty sure out of all the people that cleared 100 on my server I did it with the worse stats), necro well that's obvious our single target dmg + deep freeze gives us an edge, sure we may be weaker but as long as you exploit what you are good at you can stay ahead. Sure I may not be as good at PvP as some of the mages/warriors on my server but I can easily take top spots in arena, and I pretty much will always be top 3 on WB.

edit1: Also if you wanted to heal, or tank why did you roll an archer?
                edit2: The only thing that is ** about archers is how the debuff on armor piercer is next to useless (-250 pdef at max lvl), also can only stack 4 times (lasting 3 turns) and with a rage cost of 35 that's pretty much impossible and even if you did it would only be roughly 500 dmg increase which at higher levels is next to nothing.
                Finally someone who understands their class. Thank you. I've seen the armor piercer and I can kinda agree but also see why it is what it is. Anything higher than that will shred knights and then we'd ss QQ about knights. I think its more for mages who already have a lower pdef. Drop 1k from them with the ignore pdef and that's a huge drop but I see what you are saying. But thank you for the contribution to the thread. Its good to see an archer not QQ about their class.
                Yitien:

Comment

Sorry it duplicated the post
                  Yitien:

Comment

Originally posted by Barbarossa View Post
                    Finally someone who understands their class. Thank you. I've seen the armor piercer and I can kinda agree but also see why it is what it is. Anything higher than that will shred knights and then we'd ss QQ about knights. I think its more for mages who already have a lower pdef. Drop 1k from them with the ignore pdef and that's a huge drop but I see what you are saying. But thank you for the contribution to the thread. Its good to see an archer not QQ about their class.
                    I get what your saying but reliably your never going to be able to get the 1k debuff at points where it would be useful (when people have lower amounts of pdef). Your probably going to kill the person before you get 4 stacks up. To get enough rage I would have to open with a rage rune so ~100 rage (assuming PvP set), I could .cast armor piercer (AP) once dropping me to 65 rage. I would arrow strike to bring me up to 75 (assuming I crit), AP again down to 40 rage, arrow strike back to 50, AP to 15, x2 arrow strike to get enough rage to cast the final AP. This means it would take me a total of 8 turns to get 4 stacks of the debuff on a player. Even with just the 4 AP I would do roughly 30k+ damage assuming none crit, and easily 40k+ if I did crits(assuming the mage has around 7k pdef) or ~20k assuming no crits (on a ~10k pdef warrior). So realistically they would be dead by the time I get 4 stacks up (at least in 3 v 3 arena, 1 v 1 different story entirely). And if they did survive I think their pdef would be high enough that it would make the 1k decrease trivial. But to be fair I would really have to try this with the PvE set.

Then again none of this really matters since the game developers are in China, its pointless to complain or suggest things for the most part. Your better off trying everything you can to min/max and do what you can.

Comment

Originally posted by R27403069 View Post
                      I get what your saying but reliably your never going to be able to get the 1k debuff at points where it would be useful (when people have lower amounts of pdef). Your probably going to kill the person before you get 4 stacks up. To get enough rage I would have to open with a rage rune so ~100 rage (assuming PvP set), I could .cast armor piercer (AP) once dropping me to 65 rage. I would arrow strike to bring me up to 75 (assuming I crit), AP again down to 40 rage, arrow strike back to 50, AP to 15, x2 arrow strike to get enough rage to cast the final AP. This means it would take me a total of 8 turns to get 4 stacks of the debuff on a player. Even with just the 4 AP I would do roughly 30k+ damage assuming none crit, and easily 40k+ if I did crits(assuming the mage has around 7k pdef) or ~20k assuming no crits (on a ~10k pdef warrior). So realistically they would be dead by the time I get 4 stacks up (at least in 3 v 3 arena, 1 v 1 different story entirely). And if they did survive I think their pdef would be high enough that it would make the 1k decrease trivial. But to be fair I would really have to try this with the PvE set.

Then again none of this really matters since the game developers are in China, its pointless to complain or suggest things for the most part. Your better off trying everything you can to min/max and do what you can.
                      Valid points. In theory its a good skill but I think its only practical application is the potential damage the hit does. I've seen some big hits from that skill.
                      Yitien:

Comment

Originally posted by Barbarossa View Post
                        Valid points. In theory its a good skill but I think its only practical application is the potential damage the hit does. I've seen some big hits from that skill.
                        Yup, max lvl is 200% dmg with QTE which makes it the 2nd highest single target damage spell archers have. Another one of the abilities that I think was designed differently but they realized it would be too strong and nerfed it (sort of like deep freeze being limited to work in certain situations). Dunno, I enjoy using it a lot, but P v P in this game feels very AoE centered to me.

Comment

Working...
                        X