Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Who says knights can't do well in WB?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barbarossa
    started a topic Who says knights can't do well in WB?

Who says knights can't do well in WB?

Got bored today and thought...why not show something that proves knights can be effective in WB. After the second wb today I took a ss of my ranking in wb with my reward. Some might say I did it with balens or whatever but the only thing I used were the vouchers. My knight is lvl 61, my patk is just over 13k (about 13.5k with a power pot going) and I have lvl 48 knights as troops for WB. Not staggering by any mention of the game. Many many knights with a higher patk and troop lvls than me but here it is:

Click image for larger version

Name:	wb.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	26.2 KB
ID:	1734452

If further proof is needed and or if proof of me not using balens is needed I can provide that as well. Hopefully this will end the discussion of knights not being able to compete in WB...

• Barbarossa
    replied
    Originally posted by KnowingEyes7 View Post
    I'm not raggin' on ya. It's just this inherent WB disadvantage is a major thorn for me. Gold is liquidity - it has so many uses and it feels like knights are discriminated 'against'. I can withstand the catacombs/necropolis disadvantage, the quick kills BG disadvantage, the GB punch power disadvantage (it takes some legwork to rearrange teams at a tower)... that's okay by moi. I'm not stating the knight class stinks or isn't viable but it boggles my mind that every class needs this gold and daru to develop and yet we make, on the average 60% on their dollar.

Not a rant against ya, B-bomb. :P
    That I have to agree with. I've done wb with two different toons (knight and mage) on the same laptop at the same time and the mage got more fights per wb than a knight did. I agree completely that knights do have an unfair advantage when it comes to WB but realistically we prolly have to. Otherwise we'd be so OP it would ridiculous. I mean a knight who gets half of what an archer/mage does is able to compete towards the end of the game very well.

Leave a comment:

• KnowingEyes7
    replied
    I'm not raggin' on ya. It's just this inherent WB disadvantage is a major thorn for me. Gold is liquidity - it has so many uses and it feels like knights are discriminated 'against'. I can withstand the catacombs/necropolis disadvantage, the quick kills BG disadvantage, the GB punch power disadvantage (it takes some legwork to rearrange teams at a tower)... that's okay by moi. I'm not stating the knight class stinks or isn't viable but it boggles my mind that every class needs this gold and daru to develop and yet we make, on the average 60% on their dollar.

Not a rant against ya, B-bomb. :P

Leave a comment:

• Barbarossa
    replied
    Originally posted by R23100315 View Post
    knights just suck at wb period ...
    If you can't do well in wb you should prolly rethink your build...

Leave a comment:

• Barbarossa
    replied
    Originally posted by KnowingEyes7 View Post
    Come on, Barb. Some servers are far more populated (hey, I can say populated here without being censored! :P) than others. I promise you, come to Kong S1 or S2 and if you try that '50% with no revives', you'll get *maybe* 40th rank (assuming top knight). 50% with revives might eke out 10th rank. 100% with revives and all the fixings - around 6th.

The fleas come with the dog. Want a decent 1 v 1 PvP character (knight)? Gotta take all the baggage that comes with him/her.

Rotation for knight usually is delphic, auto > slash, ulti, auto > slash, ulti, etc. If you can really time it right, you can auto > ulti but that's godawful and unreliable. 50k gold/daru per total encounter with 50% buff.
    I didn't say it was the best and I'm willing to bet if you consider my stats with those in Kong S1 or S2 you'll prolly see them with a BR of what 50k? Again I use the comparison of a corvetter to a station wagon...they're both a car but are vastly different. As I said in my post I'm a knight with a 13k patk base....I'm sure they have a patk in what the 14's or 15's? Prolly doing it with higher lvl troops as well am I right? So again I didn't say it was the best...I said knights can do well in WB.

Leave a comment:

• Panthaz89
    replied
    Knights do have a harder time than the other two.......doesn't mean you can't be no.1 lol I was no.1 on the last boss last time with over 1 mil dmg over the other knight behind me but I did balen but the other knight behind me and mage did too...I got 1st without balens too just need the mages/archers with more dmg not to be on...luckily there aren't any really strong archers on my server and I believe my no troops(more runs no troop attacks) always double hit works very good.

Leave a comment:

• Setsuna88
    replied
    afaik you cant double with thunderer but it should be way stronger than normal hit + rof or LB. If you have a pve set then you should use such skills right at the start because you cant double there anyway. With PvP Set im not sure myself because if you carry 50+ rage over from your last battle you waste the 30 rage bonus from pvp gear.

For Knights i dont think you can double with shadowtrasher either so forget about it. You wanna alternate between slasher and uslasher and get double hits every round.
    I use Delphic Destroyer right at the start (i dont have enhanced DS with my current spec). then i doublehit with slasher, doublehit with u.slasher, double hit with slasher and so on. You can start doubling with u.slasher too but for me its much easier to start with slasher. And yes it wont work all the time but thats what im aiming to do. At the first boss i can usually always pull this off. Later there is more lag and it gets harder.
    Also as a knight, i noticed that formation matters a lot when it comes to doublehit timing. maybe it helps if you experiment with that. for me i always have my knight in the middle and put troops either in front or in the back (timing is harder if troops are in the back imo, yet i get the same or more gold even if i fail a little, because my troops dont die).

Leave a comment:

• KnowingEyes7
    replied
    Come on, Barb. Some servers are far more populated (hey, I can say populated here without being censored! :P) than others. I promise you, come to Kong S1 or S2 and if you try that '50% with no revives', you'll get *maybe* 40th rank (assuming top knight). 50% with revives might eke out 10th rank. 100% with revives and all the fixings - around 6th.

The fleas come with the dog. Want a decent 1 v 1 PvP character (knight)? Gotta take all the baggage that comes with him/her.

Rotation for knight usually is delphic, auto > slash, ulti, auto > slash, ulti, etc. If you can really time it right, you can auto > ulti but that's godawful and unreliable. 50k gold/daru per total encounter with 50% buff.

Leave a comment:

• Ego_Prime
    replied
    still have yet to hear the skill sequence used by the knights

Leave a comment:

• R23100315
    replied
    Originally posted by manuex View Post
    one thing is sure knight got the lowest skills and the defence is not as big as the disvantages, unless we use 2000+ block, and the trasher bleeding is not updated 120,90 bleedind damage is a joke, my knight has level 64 and a bleeding 120 is really a big joke only 1000 was usefull and ever with 1000 damage we still far under skilled than the others chars.

For bosses i recomend the talent ultimate slasher i got it level 2 its 7 % bonus damage on it, but i dont have enhanced delphic so i do always bad results at world boss not really matter my PATK with a pot added the raise added is never enough to compete with my server top 10.
    agreed with stack bleed as a joke , they should work it as percentage of hp or something

Leave a comment:

• R23100315
    replied
    knights just suck at wb period ...

Leave a comment:

• Smoldering
    replied
    I tried thunderer a while, as both first and last skills, maybe just me but

I really didn't like it, messed up doubling completley :X due to slow cast, tried a lot to double it, end result, 100% failiure.

I prefer Meteor-bolt-rof-bolt-bolt-rof
    Some mages go with same but Meteor on the end too, however that's alittle more risky IMO, baaack to knight!

As krackenker said eariler, harder for knights from what I can tell.
    He's the only knight I see top 10 (except when this one goes 100% revive, and still fails even top 5-.-') with a damage ~12500 (compared to highest damage in server a mage with 13200(knights) or another with 12800 and 5% more on will destroyer, but angels instead of knights.

And well, top archers get more X:

Leave a comment:

• Oxykotton
    replied
    Originally posted by Setsuna88 View Post
    I never understood why everyone says wb is for archers and mages. if you look at the skilldamagebonus from mages with LB,RoF and Thunderer its much lower than Knight's Slasher, USlasher or Delphic. Most knights just dont know how to double hit every round (and with a little lag its quite hard to do but its the same for mage imo).
    Knights are hard to double hit every round. Ult slasher for me only works once then the 2nd time I try to double hit my knight troop double hits instead. Knights are much slower than other chars. That is why they can't make top 3 most of the time due to the facts that archers and mages are much easier to pull off multiple hits and are faster.

Leave a comment:

• Setsuna88
    replied
    I never understood why everyone says wb is for archers and mages. if you look at the skilldamagebonus from mages with LB,RoF and Thunderer its much lower than Knight's Slasher, USlasher or Delphic. Most knights just dont know how to double hit every round (and with a little lag its quite hard to do but its the same for mage imo).

Leave a comment:

• manuex
    replied
    one thing is sure knight got the lowest skills and the defence is not as big as the disvantages, unless we use 2000+ block, and the trasher bleeding is not updated 120,90 bleedind damage is a joke, my knight has level 64 and a bleeding 120 is really a big joke only 1000 was usefull and ever with 1000 damage we still far under skilled than the others chars.

For bosses i recomend the talent ultimate slasher i got it level 2 its 7 % bonus damage on it, but i dont have enhanced delphic so i do always bad results at world boss not really matter my PATK with a pot added the raise added is never enough to compete with my server top 10.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X