Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Chat Suggestion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chat Suggestion

I think that guild and party chat should not be limited to so little words, sometimes I am trying to explain something to a guild member and keep having to pause to see where I am at instead of just typing what I am thinking. And it is somewhat annoying if you are trying to read something to have to wait until the person can type another sentence. I assume the world chat and current chat would stay the same to prevent spammers and trolls, but guilds should be allowed to communicate effectively.

PM them instead?

Comment

I find a character limit makes me think more clearly and type out my responces more concisely.
      Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
      You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
      Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
      Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

Originally posted by GingerTheHutt View Post
        I find a character limit makes me think more clearly and type out my responces more concisely.
        There you go, thinking like a native English speaker. Shame on you Ginger.

I think having a few more characters is not a bad thing in Guild Chat. Yes, I usually use PMs when I have to have long drawn out conversations, but we have many people in our guild who do not speak English as a first language, and may not have the ability to think in such concise terms as our notable spaceslug here. Off the top of my head, we have two Palestinians, one Venezuelan, one Lithuanian, two French, one Chinese, one Malaysian, a few Italians and some Germans. Granted they do speak English to varying proficiencies, but I think giving them a few more characters in Guild Chat won't break the server and will help them communicate better with those who are not multilingual.
        Finagle's Law - Anything that can go wrong will normally go wrong in the worst possible way.

Malfaedor
        Kabam Server 1 - US West
        Guild: MntyPython

General Zod
        S5 - Roaring Wetlands
        Guild: Saga

Comment

Originally posted by Rex_Typhoon View Post
          There you go, thinking like a native English speaker. Shame on you Ginger.

I think having a few more characters is not a bad thing in Guild Chat. Yes, I usually use PMs when I have to have long drawn out conversations, but we have many people in our guild who do not speak English as a first language, and may not have the ability to think in such concise terms as our notable spaceslug here. Off the top of my head, we have two Palestinians, one Venezuelan, one Lithuanian, two French, one Chinese, one Malaysian, a few Italians and some Germans. Granted they do speak English to varying proficiencies, but I think giving them a few more characters in Guild Chat won't break the server and will help them communicate better with those who are not multilingual.
          But really, what's wrong with breaking your sentence up in two or three parts?! It's not like most people have an attention span shorte... Oooh, a butterfly! *runs off*

Comment

It's not just about the attention span, it's the ease of communication. Especially if you and the other players are trying to do something in the game and people do sometimes forget to check again if it takes some time and they are in an MP dungeon, or battleground, or guild battle.

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha_stigma View Post
              It's not just about the attention span, it's the ease of communication. Especially if you and the other players are trying to do something in the game and people do sometimes forget to check again if it takes some time and they are in an MP dungeon, or battleground, or guild battle.
              Both the guild chat and the PMs have a log where you can read back in your own time what's said. Doesn't that help? The GC log resets when you log in again, but the log of PMs doesn't, so you can reread your convo with someone a few days later.

Comment

Yes, but if you are in one of those places and are trying to either type or read something you do not have the time to pause and check the log as easily. a few more lines (not as long as PM) for guild and party just would make it easier

Comment

Originally posted by CreamySaucepan View Post
                  But really, what's wrong with breaking your sentence up in two or three parts?! It's not like most people have an attention span shorte... Oooh, a butterfly! *runs off*
                  I just hate to be typing and have to break off to .... ooooh, shiny!

*note - backlit keyboards - distracting me from what I want to say for years now*
                  Finagle's Law - Anything that can go wrong will normally go wrong in the worst possible way.

Malfaedor
                  Kabam Server 1 - US West
                  Guild: MntyPython

General Zod
                  S5 - Roaring Wetlands
                  Guild: Saga

Comment

Yeah, also maybe in the guild have a separate chat for officers and guild leaders to talk about important issues all together in one place.

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha_stigma View Post
                      Yeah, also maybe in the guild have a separate chat for officers and guild leaders to talk about important issues all together in one place.
                      *that* is something I desperately want, yes. ^_^

Comment

Working...
                      X