Heatlh, Potions and Guild War

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heatlh, Potions and Guild War

Okay, let me start by saying this is not my idea - I'm posting it for another guy on our server who can't sign up for the forums *cough* N00b *cough*

We were talking today about our respective thrashings ... err ... Guild Wars and he was saying that his guys went AFK or logged out because it was costing them too much to buy Potions of Health to replace the damage that was constantly taken. He pointed out that against WB and in Cross-Server Arenas potions don't have to be used, so why can't this be done in Guild War. I pointed out the obvious "Spirit Covenant" cash grab and yadda yadda, but it's still an interesting question - since we have so many events that are HP intensive but the game doesn't require the use of potions to replace them, why not have this with Guild War too?

Alternatively, give Guild Contribution to those in Guild War - doesn't have to be much, but enough that they can buy potions.

Seem totally unreasonable?
    Finagle's Law - Anything that can go wrong will normally go wrong in the worst possible way.

Malfaedor
    Kabam Server 1 - US West
    Guild: MntyPython

General Zod
    S5 - Roaring Wetlands
    Guild: Saga

Originally posted by Rex_Typhoon View Post
    Okay, let me start by saying this is not my idea - I'm posting it for another guy on our server who can't sign up for the forums *cough* N00b *cough*

We were talking today about our respective thrashings ... err ... Guild Wars and he was saying that his guys went AFK or logged out because it was costing them too much to buy Potions of Health to replace the damage that was constantly taken. He pointed out that against WB and in Cross-Server Arenas potions don't have to be used, so why can't this be done in Guild War. I pointed out the obvious "Spirit Covenant" cash grab and yadda yadda, but it's still an interesting question - since we have so many events that are HP intensive but the game doesn't require the use of potions to replace them, why not have this with Guild War too?

Seem totally unreasonable?
    Aye, in the previous guild I was in, one of our strongest players kept AFKing because she'd run out of health pots. *rolls eyes* I call that bad management, but hey.
    But yeah, in a very intense battle, one can lose 2M health... that's a lot.

Alternatively, give Guild Contribution to those in Guild War - doesn't have to be much, but enough that they can buy potions.
    As long as it's only rewarded to those that are *active*. Otherwise it'll be an AFKing farm fest. :/

Comment

Originally posted by CreamySaucepan View Post
      Aye, in the previous guild I was in, one of our strongest players kept AFKing because she'd run out of health pots. *rolls eyes* I call that bad management, but hey.
      But yeah, in a very intense battle, one can lose 2M health... that's a lot.
      For us, it's not even the strongest players - one of the admirable things in my other guild is that we have low level players that want to contribute and don't mind "running interference" if need be, especially in light of the spawn-camping that goes on. This gives the more powerful players a chance to clear blockades because the stronger guilds like a 4-on-1 fight it seems, and we will use this tactic to circumvent spawn camping and blockades (hell, I am one of the highest level in our Guild and even I'll run interference - tie them up so our other high end guys can get through - but then again, I was a dumb-*** who accidentally bought "51" pots instead of "5").

As long as it's only rewarded to those that are *active*. Otherwise it'll be an AFKing farm fest. :/
      One of the great things about GB is that if you AFK and die, it is next to impossible to click on you in a stack of "AFK" dead bodies, so set an active field akin to a combination of the number of fights you are in, whether you click buttons or the server runs your character (and if you don't input, the system will AI you character's weakest attacks), and how much health you lose. Say that you need to lose 250 000hp for it to engage (which would be 10 fights for me, 20 for lower level characters and so on).
      Finagle's Law - Anything that can go wrong will normally go wrong in the worst possible way.

Malfaedor
      Kabam Server 1 - US West

General Zod
      S5 - Roaring Wetlands

Comment

20 for lower level characters and so on.
        Die, my little minions! Die for your master!

then again, I was a dumb-*** who accidentally bought "51" pots instead of "5"
        Now why doesn't that surprise me in the least? Though don't worry, I've made the same mistake often enough, though not with pots.

^_^
        Last edited by CreamySaucepan; 02-19-2013, 06:49 AM. Reason: damn typos

Comment

Die, my little minions! Die for your master!
          Hey, the world is full of attrition based wars in which the useless were fodder for the useful. I'm just following the flow of history. :-p

Now why doesn't that surprise me in the least? Though don't worry, I've made the same mistake often enough, though not with pots. ^_^
          Because you know me too well. :-p

Malfaedor
          Kabam Server 1 - US West

General Zod
          S5 - Roaring Wetlands

Comment

Working...
          X