balens

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• balens

I think it is time that r2 took a really long and serious look into the state of the game. i have been watching postings and been paying attention to many servers under my old vet account and seeing how many people are starting to leave the game for better things. i think and feel that if r2 wants to continue to be successful with wartune that what needs to happen is that the cost of balens to be reduced so that we get more balens for what we spend on. i propose that the costs are lowered by 50 percent, in doing so I believe more people will start to spend a little bit of money here and there and increase the overall revenue of the game. this is a business decision that i feel should be done to continue the success of the game and to get more and more people to continue to play the game. so for example for 5 dollars instead of 500 balens we now get 1000 for example. i also feel that the cost of items in the shops be reduced as well like say crypt key from 75 to 50, a 25% decrease. more people will be able to afford this and more people will spend a little here and there instead of just people with unlimited pockets being the vast majority of the spenders. take a long hard look into this r2 and you may yet again out distant yourself from the very competitive market of free to play online browser games. for once think about your players and not just your wallets.

Originally posted by vets_dethmatic View Post
    I think it is time that r2 took a really long and serious look into the state of the game. i have been watching postings and been paying attention to many servers under my old vet account and seeing how many people are starting to leave the game for better things. i think and feel that if r2 wants to continue to be successful with wartune that what needs to happen is that the cost of balens to be reduced so that we get more balens for what we spend on. i propose that the costs are lowered by 50 percent, in doing so I believe more people will start to spend a little bit of money here and there and increase the overall revenue of the game. this is a business decision that i feel should be done to continue the success of the game and to get more and more people to continue to play the game. so for example for 5 dollars instead of 500 balens we now get 1000 for example. i also feel that the cost of items in the shops be reduced as well like say crypt key from 75 to 50, a 25% decrease. more people will be able to afford this and more people will spend a little here and there instead of just people with unlimited pockets being the vast majority of the spenders. take a long hard look into this r2 and you may yet again out distant yourself from the very competitive market of free to play online browser games. for once think about your players and not just your wallets.
    While this is a good suggestion, it should be implemented on NEW servers which MUST NOT be merged with older servers.

Imagine if this is implemented on S1, then those players who paid 35 balens per whip will complain if players now pay 17 balens per whip. It is simply unfair.
    Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
    [No longer logging in]

Comment

Originally posted by CondorHero View Post
      While this is a good suggestion, it should be implemented on NEW servers which MUST NOT be merged with older servers.

Imagine if this is implemented on S1, then those players who paid 35 balens per whip will complain if players now pay 17 balens per whip. It is simply unfair.
      Or you can implement it on all systems, and credit people who have already bought Balens with the commensurate amount they should get (I'm sure R2 keeps accounting records). People who have spent $100 to get 10 000 Balens will now get an extra 10 000 balens. Those who have bought items will get Balens based on the adjusted costs. Hell, it's not like Balens cost anything to produce.

Problem solved and all servers get happy.
      Finagle's Law - Anything that can go wrong will normally go wrong in the worst possible way.

Malfaedor
      Kabam Server 1 - US West
      Guild: MntyPython

General Zod
      S5 - Roaring Wetlands
      Guild: Saga

Comment

Originally posted by Rex_Typhoon View Post
        Or you can implement it on all systems, and credit people who have already bought Balens with the commensurate amount they should get (I'm sure R2 keeps accounting records). People who have spent $100 to get 10 000 Balens will now get an extra 10 000 balens. Those who have bought items will get Balens based on the adjusted costs. Hell, it's not like Balens cost anything to produce.

Problem solved and all servers get happy.
        Nope. This game is all about diminishing returns.
        Money spent at the beginning is more value than money spend in the later parts.

On new servers (imagine S1 just started), players will rush to spend money to get rewards (and those stuff are more expensive in beginning).
        If you compensate these spenders right now, every $1 will have much lesser value in the game.
        [No longer logging in]

Comment

Nope. This game is all about diminishing returns.
          Money spent at the beginning is more value than money spend in the later parts.

On new servers (imagine S1 just started), players will rush to spend money to get rewards (and those stuff are more expensive in beginning).
          If you compensate these spenders right now, every $1 will have much lesser value in the game.
          Sorry, I'm not clear on this CondorHero.

You're telling me that if you were to give me extra Balens right now based on money I've spent in the past, they wouldn't be as valuable to me as a L50+ as they would be to me as a L1+? Or are you saying that the value of the Balens would be lower because everyone would have more? Or something else? I think you'll need to break out the chalk-board and really dumb this down for me because I'm rather confuzzled.

And what would keep people on the old servers from whining about the advantages of the new servers anyway?
          Finagle's Law - Anything that can go wrong will normally go wrong in the worst possible way.

Malfaedor
          Kabam Server 1 - US West

General Zod
          S5 - Roaring Wetlands

Comment

Originally posted by Rex_Typhoon View Post
            Sorry, I'm not clear on this CondorHero.

You're telling me that if you were to give me extra Balens right now based on money I've spent in the past, they wouldn't be as valuable to me as a L50+ as they would be to me as a L1+? Or are you saying that the value of the Balens would be lower because everyone would have more? Or something else? I think you'll need to break out the chalk-board and really dumb this down for me because I'm rather confuzzled.

And what would keep people on the old servers from whining about the advantages of the new servers anyway?
            Here's what I'm thinking..
            Let's say you want to spend balens on training whips. When you're at level 1 of your mount stats, you could spend 10000 balens and level all of the stats to level 10 (example, say).

Many months later, "compensation" comes, and your mount stats are now level 25. The compensation pays you another 10000 balens. Now, these 10000 balens can barely get ONE of your stats to level 26.
            It's kinda worthless.

The 10000 balens in the past is more valuable now.

Just off the top of my head.
            [No longer logging in]

Comment

Here's what I'm thinking..
              Let's say you want to spend balens on training whips. When you're at level 1 of your mount stats, you could spend 10000 balens and level all of the stats to level 10 (example, say).

Many months later, "compensation" comes, and your mount stats are now level 25. The compensation pays you another 10000 balens. Now, these 10000 balens can barely get ONE of your stats to level 26.
              It's kinda worthless.

The 10000 balens in the past is more valuable now.

Just off the top of my head.
              true that but with new gear always coming out the need for sockets will always be there and also there are many higher up people who have been quitting recently and this would be an oppurtunity to promote to non cashers as an advantage to boost the average server cash flow

Comment

Okay, I think I get your point now.

The point is, diminishing returns or not, you still get returns. If I get the stuff now, I'm already at the level and it can be used for, oh, say, Gem Transposer scrolls that I don't have, gems, socketing rods, crypt keys - AND, speaking of crypt keys, I would argue that their value only increases as you get higher because you can get more from completing the Catacombs and Necropolis.

So really - I'll happily take my Crypt Keys and Socketing Rods and crytaloids and work towards my Legendary Gear as well. I believe Balens can also buy Spirit Covenant too...saves me time on Bounty Quests...and I can use them to revive to get more attacks against WB = more gold and daru...

Lots of ways that giving me extra balens based on money spent and newly revised economy can make me a happy camper.

Malfaedor
                Kabam Server 1 - US West

General Zod
                S5 - Roaring Wetlands

Comment

Working...
                X