in-combat buffs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• in-combat buffs

it would be awesome if the buffs that we gain in combat were to be shown above the skills bar especially now that we have talent buffs that show up randomly in combat. as an archer i gain the damage % increase buff every time i crit so it takes a full round for the slide to start going thru again and if i try to wait and see if a buff had activated while i was in combat i would almost have to wait for it default atk and sometimes that still doesnt happen so i end up wasting a turn to see if the buff i need kicked in. Potency for example is activated by multishot so the damage buff comes up first then after the next turn i see that potency has kicked in and i now have 1 turn to use armor piercer at half rage cost, and i love armor piercer so i try use that buff whenever i can but because of the cycle thru system that is set up i almost always end up missing the first chance. the same with the rage reduction buff that comes with crypt rings. when im fighting world boss i cant tell if that one kicked in while i was using multishot or arrow strike and i bounce back and forth between them to keep my rage and damage up to use delphic sniper, so when i have a 50% buff come up after using MS i dont no til i have almost wasted a turn and end up using it when its time to use MS again. im not sure how bad it is for mages and knights but ik a mage has its own buffs that kick in periodically but they're mostly rage reduction buffs and a knight uses things like its personal shield, reverse damage, and the apollos shield in battle and thats not including their talent buffs that they wont see right away cuz they have all these other buffs active that take 1-2 turns to get thru completely. im not saying to get rid of the cycle system in fact its pretty useful for others in combat but if you set up another system like i have described earlier then it will make combat a lot easier and more efficient because then players will know exactly when the buff they need takes effect and can potentially change the outcome of a battle

Let us see if this meets my criteria.
    Not asking for casher items. Check
    Not asking to imbalance the game in any way. Check
    Asking for something available to all. Check
    Asking for a way to make game more enjoyable. Check

I find that depending on formation, it can be very difficult to see what buffs are actually active. In addition, if enough buffs stack you may not even be able to see all of them in one round. Or they may cycle so quickly you can not read them before it cycles again.

So having a way to see all buffs at once would be nice. I would even like to have on each side of screen your teammates/ opponents (like in mp dungeons) with the buffs there as well.

Deschain Leader of the Dragon Dogs Guild. DD has its sixth anniversary as a gaming family in May.
    Suggestion #1. Actually enforce your rules so tickets regarding cheaters are not just round filed.
    #2. There are 5k Threads regarding bugs. Click to see 101 pages worth of stuff that needs fixing.
    #3. Read the suggestions forums where you will find 5k threads on ways to make it better. Click for 101 pages worth of free suggestions.

Comment

its in part 1 of this patch already

Comment

that would be awesome.
        now lets do the developer check.
        Will it be something they can sell? make this available for balens since dev dont care about non cashers. squigly line that looks like it MIGHT be a check
        Will it be easy to implement? no no check
        Do the dev's care what their customers think? no no check
        Will the dev's even bother to read this post? no no check

Comment

Originally posted by gagm200 View Post
          its in part 1 of this patch already
          Screenshot or it didnt happen.

Comment

I'll post a screen shot of it when I get to lvl 100 of the cata...I'll just edit this post and add it then but they did update it. Its above your skill hotbar now:

Click image for larger version

Name:	debuffs.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	26.4 KB
ID:	1664409
            Last edited by Barbarossa; 02-25-2013, 05:41 PM.
            Yitien:

Class: Assassin lvl 78
            BR: 67K
            Server: Qianfo Hall

Comment

Originally posted by samus1001 View Post
              that would be awesome.
              now lets do the developer check.
              Will it be something they can sell? make this available for balens since dev dont care about non cashers. squigly line that looks like it MIGHT be a check
              Will it be easy to implement? no no check
              Do the dev's care what their customers think? no no check
              Will the dev's even bother to read this post? no no check
              Will it be easy to impliment YES it would anyway your right on all other counts.

Comment

Originally posted by Barbarossa View Post
                I'll post a screen shot of it when I get to lvl 100 of the cata...I'll just edit this post and add it then but they did update it. Its above your skill hotbar now:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]34849[/ATTACH]
                o thanks

Comment

Originally posted by samus1001 View Post
                  Screenshot or it didnt happen.
                  You've been served.

Comment

Working...
                  X