Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Holy Seal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy Seal

Hello, I filed a ticket where I was asked to post my offer also here in forum.

In my opinion, things had taken an unbearable way regarding use of the holy seal.
    I am sure, the original idea was to give high level players some extra chance to win and together with other talents make each character specific and interresting.

Unfortunetely, people always tend to play with childish approach, which turned my game into extremely consuming nightmare.
    People in S28 do not use general talents, they only use holy seal.
    I selected all talents on lvl 1 because of hard multiplayer game and holy seal on lvl 7.
    In the practical life, every holy sealing monkey can stun me for the whole match and i am getting very angry on the whole talent invention itself.
    I was thinking about quitting the game, when I had got an idea.
    My suggestion is that the effect of holy seal should be given not by level of attackers holy seal, but by level, made by deduction defenders level from attackers level.

Example:
    now: attackers holy seal lvl 15 is 15 of course. Result is unplayable game

my suggestion:
    attackers holy seal lvl 15
    defenders holy seal lvl 7
    15-7 = 8
    effect of holy seal on the defender is 8.
    the result is stunning for one round and that is acceptable. If both players have total talents points at approximately same level, people using also normal talents should not be punished so hard.

I am sorry, but developers underestimated players by such bonuses. It was logic, that people would abuse the effect of holy seal and ignore other talents, crucial for the multiplayer players.

I am looking forward to R2 response, but please, make the effect of holy seal normal as quickly as possible, otherwise I will not have strenghts and nerves to continue playing.
    Maybe I will be crucified here by holy seal monkeys, but if the hell I have 15 talents points and 7 of them assigned to holy seal, I should not sleep for the whole match against somebody, who has the same points, but all in holy seal.

Regards, LR

Surely you must have known that stun would be god. It was an arms race the moment talents were released.

Comment

Yea I have to agree. The stun sucks...sucks even more for the non-vip'ers but this was going to happen. My holy seal is lvl 12 and I still get stunned like crazy and its because VIP'ers get more exp per day than I can. They can devote a lot more experience to talent upgrade than I can. The stun doesn't bother me as much as the exp does. Its hard to compete with someone who can double your exp gain though.
      Yitien:

Class: Assassin lvl 78
      BR: 67K
      Server: Qianfo Hall

Comment

Originally posted by KnowingEyes7 View Post
        Surely you must have known that stun would be god. It was an arms race the moment talents were released.
        ...which should have had some sensible fighting logic just at the beginning. Holy seal in present form spoiled the game as nothing before. People havent consumed so many strenghts on holy seal lvl 10 to sleep for a whole fight. Sorry, really not.
        Give a lighter to the "must wins"....you can be sure the city will burn in fire to see whose house has the highest flames.
        Last edited by LordRaider; 02-20-2013, 06:59 PM.

Comment

You choose passive talent for PVE or holyseal for PVP. It's your choice.

So you want to be able to PVE well and still beat players who focus on PVP? I think not.
          Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
          [No longer logging in]

Comment

Originally posted by LordRaider View Post
            Maybe I will be crucified here by holy seal monkeys, but if the hell I have 15 talents points and 7 of them assigned to holy seal, I should not sleep for the whole match against somebody, who has the same points, but all in holy seal.

Regards, LR
            In practical life, you have the option to do stupid things or to do smart things.
            Most players see some of the passive talent as being useless (i.e if you don't have that skill maxed out, you shouldn't even be putting a single point into that skill).

That is called optimization.

What you do is more of a broad approach, which was shunned by players as they optimize their talents.
            For you to ask the game to change for you is not fair.

We adapt ourselves to environment, we don't change the environment to adapt to us (simply because we can't -- life lesson).
            [No longer logging in]

Comment

question: why would an idiot put a talent of that skill even knowing that he has not put points on that skill?

answer: because he's an idiot

"my suggestion:
              attackers holy seal lvl 15
              defenders holy seal lvl 7
              15-7 = 8
              effect of holy seal on the defender is 8.
              the result is stunning for one round and that is acceptable. If both players have total talents points at approximately same level, people using also normal talents should not be punished so hard."

8 levels in difference.. sleep well, i say. lol

Comment

Agree with Condor.

Also, you *have* to race up the holy seal levels. If you do not, you won't unlock the next levels of your other talents.

Comment

Sigh...I was asked to post my thoughts in forum by r2 because they want to know the opinion of the players. Instead of this, moderator must have started trolling here...
                  Could you guys let us others write something a bit before you interfere? I feel it will be better to create new one with the same content without mod's anti comments.

If I understand you well, Condor, we could directly change the battle maths to have life more practical.
                  OK, lets totally delete our MDEF/PDEF and defence!! HURRAY, the fights can be easily done by the level of opponents attack. Thats the same principle. Unacceptable principle.
                  As I have tested the effect, 7-10 points of holy seal can not stun you for the totally whole match.

Comment

I think I understand what your saying LordRaider. It is detrimental for those of us who do not pay or in a lot of cases can not pay. Those of us who can't or wont pay are starting to leave the game because their only way to get balen's is from the free offers which do not always work. If you don't mind me adding this why don't they make the VIP a balen purchase instead of making it a cash/credit purchase, otherwise those of us who can not or will not pay will eventually leave and never come back. That is the first step, and what the developers/programers don't realize is those of us using the free balen offers will eventually give up on them since we know we will never be able to reach that of a paid player. Tell me what does that do to their profits? IT DROPS LIKE A ROCK!

If they made VIP a balen purchase that increases the need for balens, as that happens they don't even have to raise the price for balens. The need to purchase the VIP card for a month in the Balen shop covers the cost of the cash purchase of the VIP title it self. As this game is based and hosted on servers in California I don't put too much faith in the level of intelligence out there much. Yes sure they have some brilliant game programers but their marketing teams don't think like the rest of the world and as such it is due to their lack of if any intelligence.

Comment

Sigh...I was asked to post my thoughts in forum by r2 because they want to know the opinion of the players. Instead of this, moderator must have started trolling here...
                      Could you guys let us others write something a bit before you interfere? I feel it will be better to create new one with the same content without mod's anti comments.

If I understand you well, Condor, we could directly change the battle maths to have life more practical.
                      OK, lets totally delete our MDEF/PDEF and defence!! HURRAY, the fights can be easily done by the level of opponents attack. Thats the same principle. Unacceptable principle.
                      As I have tested the effect, 7-10 points of holy seal can not stun you for the totally whole match.
                      It doesn't impact the development of your character by a large amount though. You'll loathe PvP but other areas remain largely unaffected.

Comment

beaeo: well thats a different topic, so I will make my reply small.
                        Because we were given crypt keys and socketing rods by altar and BG chest, the profit must be made by event. This is what I have always wanted.
                        I would enforce VIP membership too. Now we have two hands in a wallet and that does not suit me well, so i prioritize VIP membership and use balens only from time to time. If VIP would be for ten dollars together with 2k balens, it would suit me and R2 would have maybe more money than has now.

But back to my topic. I want developers to stop making tools which can bring tiny part of the game into insane effect without any reasonable possibility to ballance them.
                        Because we have defence attributes in our stats, i want to use my holy seal level to steal the effect of the opponents stun level.
                        Clear, logic, preventing monkeys from destroying zoo :-)

Knowing eyes: in the other hand, you need pvp parts too for having a strong pve warrior. After a half of year without pvp rewards you will be weaker than others. crystals, medalions, etc...
                        Now when devs plan to make more multiserver events, we need to have sensible fighting mechanisms
                        Last edited by LordRaider; 02-21-2013, 05:08 PM.

Comment

Knowing eyes: in the other hand, you need pvp parts too for having a strong pve warrior. After a half of year without pvp rewards you will be weaker than others. crystals, medalions, etc...
                          Now when devs plan to make more multiserver events, we need to have sensible fighting mechanisms
                          PvP parts? Are you talking about PvP sets? Anyone can get those now with a little dedication - even with minimal GBing or BGing. That's out.

Medallions are still a function of honor rank which still is indirectly tied with BR/cashing. That's out too.

I see your point though. You don't like stun. Eventually, players will stop leveling this and branch out in PvE talent skills like Condor stated. If you keep leveling HS, it will eventually return less and less -- and that will impact your PvE runs a bit (depending on cashing/BR again).

Comment

I didn't know that having an opinion iis termed as trolling.
                            [No longer logging in]

Comment

im against holy seal that can do 3 turns of stuns.. in my opinion they should make holy seal as a skill canceller stun for 1 turns only that will do a heavy role. why am i against it? imagine a rage free skill can do 3 turn stuns than our 100 rage skill that have only 1 turn stun and a low chance of effect. maybe they can put % chance for holy seal stun and leveling it up increase the chance and damage not # of turns for stuns

Comment

Working...
                              X