Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Guild fixing GB week after week

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by skullfire View Post
    ...R2 said this is a delibrate miss use of the kick feature and next maitance it will be fixed
    Source?

Comment

It would be m own opinion after reading this thread that if Titans are getting Merc assistance for GB, then bravo to you for thinking of it. I would dare say in war you do what you have to do to win. Last time i checked Wartune is still a War Game, this isn't Farmville. If you don't like the tactics used, think of a counter, but to complain it is cheating is a bit over the top. Each player is given a character and the ability to play within the guidlines. I have never heard of the "NO RE-ENFORCEMENT RULE" just because you don't like it. This is a strategy style game, and using Mercs to help you win is a known tactic in the Art of War. So my position is simple, either way it isn't cheating, but counter the tactic, and stop your crying already.

Comment

You...entirely miss the point. What they did has got nothing to do with strategy . Its abusing - or exploiting - a flaw in game design. You dont rly think they were the only peole who knew this was possible right? The difference is...they abused it. Others didnt.

Comment

I haven't missed the point at all. You miss the point of a War Game i believe. Is it working? Are there rules somewhere that say you can't do it? What you see as a design flaw, someone has seen as a way to beat a stronger guild, therefore playing the part of the spoiler. What saddens me is your belief that if you can't beat them under these conditions they must be cheating, or exploiting the game. As i said, it is a interesting tactic, easily defended, and you can still defeat them with superior tactics of your own. It is possible the game designers saw this as a way to allow even the lowest guilds to compete, and allowed it to stand for that reason. And there is no morale code in WAR. Win at any cost, or die with honor. If you choose not to do the same thing they do, it is your choice to not do it, but that doesn't give you the ability to whine later. It is obvious you knew what they were doing and chose a different path. If you are losing on your path, then possibly rethinking your strategy, or model of what is fair, may be more the issue here.

Comment

Theres one flaw to your reasoning: if what you say is true, and it was in the game deigners intent to allow this being (ab)used as a valid "tactic": Why the Convenant Item?

Following your reasoning, abusing the Astral exploit was a valid "tactic" to get an edge over the competition. The game allowed it, it enabled people to win...maybe the designers intented it to be there for the poor and weak to get an edge over the others?

Originally posted by R21921817 View Post
            And there is no morale code in WAR.
            That statement...puts you on the edge rly. Not only is it wrong. It has also been used as an excuse for some of the most horrid crimes against humanity in history. IN addition, Id like to turn your attention to this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geneva_Conventions
            Last edited by Kastergir; 02-25-2013, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kastergir View Post
              Theres one flaw to your reasoning: if what you say is true, and it was in the game deigners intent to allow this being (ab)used as a valid "tactic": Why the Convenant Item?

Following your reasoning, abusing the Astral exploit was a valid "tactic" to get an edge over the competition. The game allowed it, it enabled people to win...maybe the designers intented it to be there for the poor and weak to get an edge over the others?

That statement...puts you on the edge rly. Not only is it wrong. It has also been used as an excuse for some of the most horrid crimes against humanity in history. IN addition, Id like to turn your attention to this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geneva_Conventions
              Sir, about the astral, it was considered hack, not exploit, since it involved a third party program called "Cheat Engine". Therefore, can not be compared to using the game "legit" mechanism to your advantage.

And to point out, this is Guild War we are talking about. Nothing held back in a war, and you should know that. This is a game, run by a company, so the only thing isn't allowed here is cheating by exploiting "bugs" or unintended "flaws" in the game or hacking. If it was in the real world, you won't even have the breath to scream out these thoughts of yours even if they are cheating, since you won't be left afterwards.
              Last edited by DeathRiver; 02-25-2013, 05:55 PM.
              The Last Remnant OSTs Go!!!

{OuO**

Comment

Theres rly no solution to this discussion. There are those who advocate the "anything allowed if it secures the win", and those that have a different stance. There are people who would cheat anything just to win, and those who njoy competition within a set of rules. Comparing an onlinegame to a RL war situation...doesnt work. Simply cos it isnt. Its not like as if your life would be depend on winning the GuildBattle...or maybe it does? In that case, I would suggest professional help.

The line to cross in an onlinegame that separates smarts fom abusing designflaws, or exploits, is occasionally rly thin. Routinely, week after week, abusing the kick/join feature to shuffle people around guilds with the sole intent to shove masses of rewards to all the same people over and over crosses this Line imho.

As an add, I was under the impression there was an Astral exploit that didnt necessarily involve a piece of 3d party software. If that imperssion was wrong, ofc my above comparison doesnt work.
                Last edited by Kastergir; 02-25-2013, 06:18 PM.

Comment

If this were a real life War, those crying foul would have perished long before now. The game is being played by people who take no prisoners, and do what it takes to win. As an ex Navy Seal i am aware of the Geneva Convention, but to that end, are you or have you ever been in a War situation. Just saying when you are you do what you have to, survival is your only thought. This isn't much difference, other then if you don't like how the war is playing out, you can switch servers and hit the reset button. In real life there isn
                  t one. So count your blessing you are in a game where you are free to whine about things, and if global war ever breaks out, stay as far away from me as you can, cause you will perish for me to survive.

Comment

Read what I posted above. We speak about a game. NOT a RL war situation.

Id also like to clarify whether you just threatened my life.
                    Last edited by Kastergir; 02-25-2013, 06:24 PM.

Comment

I did, and the Geneva convention is RL, not a game, read what you wrote and linked, or stop your whining already. The solution is simple, as long as you are not exploiting bugs are hacking the game, it is fair. You may not like it, but it is how it is. If it is a big issue, reset and move to a newer server, otherwise suck it up and beat them at there own game.

Comment

You Sir, just made a mistake.

Comment

I would love to know what that might be, but I am sure you will be happy to tell me lol

Comment

In real life armies do not hire mercs of their enemies to defeat a common enemy just so they can fight each other instead of fighting the one they gang up on.

It's exploiting. You can try to argue for it as a legitimate tactic all you want but it is still exploiting. You are meant to fight for your guild, not join another for 1 battle then hop back into your own through no effort. It's a dirty tactic and frankly with some of the abuse going on and nothing being done so far to fix anything then the only way to win is to exploit back if your opponent does.

Comment

are you on s113?
                              Originally posted by KnowingEyes7 View Post
                              Source?

Comment

if so add me i am blackrobe and ill tell you my sorce
                                Last edited by skullfire; 02-25-2013, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X