Failure..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Failure..

The picture above says it all.. Are you stupid? Shutting down for maintenance during one of the busiest peak times of the game? Robbing players, especially those of the 9-to-5 group, who missed first Group Arena of their chance to attend 2nd Group Arena as well? And knowing how R2 has constantly in the past over-extended what should be a quick and painless maintenance and/or patch update far beyond what it should normally take, the potential of every Guild, on S1 and S6 both, to miss Guild Battles and possibly Battlegrounds and Redoga Drake as well? Especially damaging would be, in that case, the loss of the Guild Battles, for the Guilds that are ranked 9-16 considering you blithering idiots want to cut them out of Guild Battle contention entirely, so the few they have left to play in are vital and precious, because if they do go belly-up then so do you as you stand to lose the hugest chunk of your paying crowds. And that's assuming they choose to remain playing and paying your sorry duffs considering in the past your compensation for such radical changes has been so severely, laughably lacking.. When you pulled the rug out from under players at the same exact time, 2nd Group Arena time, during the Ore event while the Group Arena portion of the event was still in play, you robbed a huge number of players that opportunity to obtain Ores, and did NOT compensate them for that loss accordingly, instead you gave a pittance of Gold and Daru and acted like things were fine and dandy. It was inexcusable then, and now players stand to lose out on huge chunks of Honor, Insignias, and should Guild Battles be lost-out to down time, Mount Whips. If all affected S1 and S6 players aren't compensated with at LEAST 5 Mount Whips, and 500 Honor and Insignias (the amount of Honor and Insignias allotted to losing Guilds who managed to remain alive for 40 of the 60 minutes of Guild Battles), then you will prove your favorite past-time is spitting in the face of your cash-paying hard-playing consumers, I'd love to know how far you think that kind of treatment will take you.. Never, EVER do something like this during the most active peak times of your games, that's sloppy and it does nothing but make players want to proceed to the R2 and 7Road U.S. offices at best pace and strangle people.. Must I use the word sensibility yet again? Do I really have to? I should hope not. And I should hope you'll either pull the plug on this impromptu server shutdown and come clean that it was a mistake and some idiot in the back office doesn't know how to read or interpret military time with an apology to end the debacle as you stick to the original 23:00 time, or you'll compensate all affected S1 and S6 players exactly as I listed above.

With that, end rant.
    "Doing nothing is very hard to do, you never know when you're finished."

User: (S31)FarFallen / Yiazmat
    Server: Tree of Life (S31) / Temple of Ibalize (R2Games-1)
    Class: Shadow Rogue / Mage (dual-Skill, one DPS one Heal)
    Plane: Scion / N/A
    Level: 75 / 61
    Guild/Rank: zOMGuild Guild Master / Luminaire Assistant Guild Master
    Finishing Move: Hokuto Hyakuretsu Ken

Why can't they pull this before Bloodfang? I mean, I'm on in the morning but my more active time is after 1st arena's over--Kedemar

Comment

Originally posted by FarFallen View Post
      {snip**

The picture above says it all.. Are you stupid? Shutting down for maintenance during one of the busiest peak times of the game? Robbing players, especially those of the 9-to-5 group, who missed first Group Arena of their chance to attend 2nd Group Arena as well? And knowing how R2 has constantly in the past over-extended what should be a quick and painless maintenance and/or patch update far beyond what it should normally take, the potential of every Guild, on S1 and S6 both, to miss Guild Battles and possibly Battlegrounds and Redoga Drake as well? Especially damaging would be, in that case, the loss of the Guild Battles, for the Guilds that are ranked 9-16 considering you blithering idiots want to cut them out of Guild Battle contention entirely, so the few they have left to play in are vital and precious, because if they do go belly-up then so do you as you stand to lose the hugest chunk of your paying crowds. And that's assuming they choose to remain playing and paying your sorry duffs considering in the past your compensation for such radical changes has been so severely, laughably lacking.. When you pulled the rug out from under players at the same exact time, 2nd Group Arena time, during the Ore event while the Group Arena portion of the event was still in play, you robbed a huge number of players that opportunity to obtain Ores, and did NOT compensate them for that loss accordingly, instead you gave a pittance of Gold and Daru and acted like things were fine and dandy. It was inexcusable then, and now players stand to lose out on huge chunks of Honor, Insignias, and should Guild Battles be lost-out to down time, Mount Whips. If all affected S1 and S6 players aren't compensated with at LEAST 5 Mount Whips, and 500 Honor and Insignias (the amount of Honor and Insignias allotted to losing Guilds who managed to remain alive for 40 of the 60 minutes of Guild Battles), then you will prove your favorite past-time is spitting in the face of your cash-paying hard-playing consumers, I'd love to know how far you think that kind of treatment will take you.. Never, EVER do something like this during the most active peak times of your games, that's sloppy and it does nothing but make players want to proceed to the R2 and 7Road U.S. offices at best pace and strangle people.. Must I use the word sensibility yet again? Do I really have to? I should hope not. And I should hope you'll either pull the plug on this impromptu server shutdown and come clean that it was a mistake and some idiot in the back office doesn't know how to read or interpret military time with an apology to end the debacle as you stick to the original 23:00 time, or you'll compensate all affected S1 and S6 players exactly as I listed above.

With that, end rant.
      They held maintenance for our servers a couple times during critical times - but to be fair they did rotate a little for subsequent ones.

If this is for the 1.5X patch, I won't even go there. You're getting a taste before anyone else. I'd kill for it.

Comment

I'd rather have a chance at the rose petals tyvm...
        Blizzarea
        S147
        Epic

~ Atoll is Purgatory for Wartuners ~

Comment

yes the busiest hour is : 2nd arena -> guild battle -> battleground -> world boss
          if before 2nd arena is maintenance for 6 hours, well

Last edited by Kitwritten; 02-21-2013, 02:06 AM.

Comment

I would make this as polite and painless as possible..... the R2 devs have lives outside of wartune, the reason why maintenance and updates happen at inconvenient times, is due to the fact that its a co ordinated team effort and due with the intention of causing the lest disruption as possible to the players.... and due to the fact that wartune runs on 4 different time zones, somebody is going to be affected by the maintenance and update
            Dragon Pals and Shadowbound Mod and Basic tech support

R2 Serrin, My partner and fiancee, RIP 1971-2015
            Cha bhi fios aire math an tobair gus an trÃ*igh e.

Comment

@Ratty: That sucks I guess. However, can I suggest that the maintenance be done at different period of time on each time zone? If it can be done like that, both sides would face less loss imo.
              The Last Remnant OSTs Go!!!

{OuO**

Comment

We have one team that handles doing the maintenance, and they are not able to spend an entire day, 24 hours doing multiple maintenances throughout that time. In particular, a maintenance like this where they know it will be lengthy will require them to start earlier than normal in their shift in order to give them the time they need to get it done. Hence the early start time.
                This Forum Admin is no more. He has ceased to be. He's expired and gone on to other work. He's a stiff. If R2 hadn't ignored him he'd still be employed. Bereft of work he lives in peace. His forum duties are now history. He's off the twig, he's kicked the bucket, he's shuffled off these forums, run down the thread count, and joined the ex-R2Games Employees Club. This is an ex-Forum Admin.

Comment

The timing doesn't bother me, but couldn't the comp pack have included 3 rose petals as goodwill? You gotta realise you're affecting people who have spent to get this pig...
                  Blizzarea
                  S147
                  Epic

Comment

But who get those rose petal packs? Everyone on s1? What about the ppl that already got their roses?
                    CRCSUX
                    Knight
                    S50

Comment

Originally posted by R2CS_Stormaggedon View Post
                      We have one team that handles doing the maintenance, and they are not able to spend an entire day, 24 hours doing multiple maintenances throughout that time. In particular, a maintenance like this where they know it will be lengthy will require them to start earlier than normal in their shift in order to give them the time they need to get it done. Hence the early start time.
                      Only one team... well, I guess that can't be helped. Still, people who actually chose to play in those servers that fit their schedule are now suffering because of this problem. I guess some of them would quit because of this.
                      The Last Remnant OSTs Go!!!

{OuO**

Comment

Originally posted by R2CS_Stormaggedon View Post
                        To you, and to Ratty as well, I still call this inexcusable.. There are in fact ways to create a win-win scenario that were completely lost in translation, too late for anyone to get them back now..

And you call that compensation? I can't believe this, you give so few Insignias considering people lost BOTH a Guild Battle AND 2nd Group Arenas, it's beyond ****.. Not to mention, no Mount Whips or Honor among what was lost, you've already messed with Guild Battle rosters as well which was so ignorant.. YOU MOVED PEOPLE'S CASTLES ALL OVER EVERY MAP INTO THE LOWBIE AREA AND MADE US WASTE GATE ENERGY JUST TO TRY AND GET BACK, LOSING PLUNDER ATTEMPTS IN THE PROCESS! Pardon my Caps on that, but that part was so unbelievably idiotic it required an extra touch.. There are so many things wrong with what you people did, hurting everyone affected, it's a wonder no one has screamed 'lawsuit!' yet.. And PrincessPunk is right, because we missed out on Battlegrounds, AND you guys did this to everyone's castles thus putting a decent crimp in most of those who haven't yet been able to Plunder either today or yesterday for that Quest, the lack of compensation of Rose Petals lost.. You people did this before with the Ores quests, you took away 2nd Group Arena from those who could only make that one, people lost out on that for their Refined Ore quest quota, and you guys did NOT recoup the lost Ores as you had been requested to. Honestly, am I the only one who sees the huge overall problem here? Honestly, do I need to get in there and teach you people how to run this kind of thing, when I'm not strangling you all for creating such huge snafu's like this? I bought 13 Rose Petal packs already to try and make quota, I refuse to buy even one more to make up for what you guys have done, I strongly encourage everyone else in the same boat to hold on to your money as well unless R2 decides to recoup losses, this time with more than just what was given. I suggested all Top 16 Guilds affected by the loss of Guild Battles get 500 Honor and Insignias (the amount allotted to those who lasted at least 40 minutes but lost anyway) plus 5 Mount Whips. How hard is it to figure out who's where and divvy accordingly? It's not, actually.. I want to scream the afforementioned word so badly right now..
                        "Doing nothing is very hard to do, you never know when you're finished."

User: (S31)FarFallen / Yiazmat
                        Server: Tree of Life (S31) / Temple of Ibalize (R2Games-1)
                        Class: Shadow Rogue / Mage (dual-Skill, one DPS one Heal)
                        Plane: Scion / N/A
                        Level: 75 / 61
                        Guild/Rank: zOMGuild Guild Master / Luminaire Assistant Guild Master
                        Finishing Move: Hokuto Hyakuretsu Ken

Comment

Originally posted by captcortez View Post
                          But who get those rose petal packs? Everyone on s1? What about the ppl that already got their roses?
                          How the hell could anyone get the BG Roses? Our server was down

Stop being so goddam petty and worrying that some people on server 1 might get 1 extra rose petal, cos lets be honest, w/o cashing 1 rose petal won't make up the shortfall for the pig
                          Blizzarea
                          S147
                          Epic

Comment

Originally posted by PunkPetal View Post
                            How the hell could anyone get the BG Roses? Our server was down

Stop being so goddam petty and worrying that some people on server 1 might get 1 extra rose petal, cos lets be honest, w/o cashing 1 rose petal won't make up the shortfall for the pig
                            Ill stop worrying about a rose petal when you do.
                            CRCSUX
                            Knight
                            S50

Comment

Working...
                            X