Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Official Wing Reduction Protest Thread.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Wing Reduction Protest Thread.

Please post here to protest the reduction of wing stats.

Plain and simple, R2, you do not have the right to reduce the effectiveness of something that has already been paid for. This would be the same as AMD coming to me after I purchased my 6 core processor, and demanding that I return two of the processor cores without compensation because my computer is too overpowered. This is irresponsible, and downright disgusting behavior from a game developer. I paid $20 for a 2% bonus, and if you're going to take away 50% of what that is worth I, and the rest of the Wartune players who support you, demand compensation.

2nd point, what happens with the mini-wings? Are those going to be .5% stats now? Or are you telling me that the wings I paid $20 for are worth the same as those that cost $10?

This is absolutely unacceptable behavior, and I will not spend even a single cent to support a game developer who thinks for even one second that it is. Fix this immediately.

Lots of Love,
    McPants

Post discussion Edit with a possible solution:

After reading through all of the thoughts and feelings on this subject, it seems like there has only been one reasonable solution brought up so far. First off, let me clarify that myself, and I'm sure a lot of you, are upset because we made an informed decision, and decided that a 2% bonus was worth $20 to us. A fair amount of people are going to be upset that this is no longer the case, we may not feel that a 1% bonus is worth $20.

The only acceptable way to fix this problem is to strip the current wings and refund the balens. This gives EVERYONE the chance to make a new, and informed, decision regarding the stat change, and weather or not they feel that it is a worthwhile purchase. This can be accomplished in multiple ways, the easiest of which would be a simple "EXCHANGE" button like the ones used in the holiday events. If you are dissatisfied with the quality of the change and feel that it is no longer worth the $20 you paid, you can exchange them for a refund. If you are happy with the change, you get to keep em. Everyone gets to walk away at least mostly satisfied.

Edit added to the suggestions forum, please post there in support if you agree.
    Last edited by McPants; 02-21-2013, 02:25 PM.

i totally agree..just shows how this game gets more n more greedy each n everyday

Comment

hmmm class action sounds about rite

Comment

count me in, guys

Comment

Originally posted by McPants View Post
          Please post here to protest the reduction of wing stats.

Plain and simple, R2, you do not have the right to reduce the effectiveness of something that has already been paid for. This would be the same as AMD coming to me after I purchased my 6 core processor, and demanding that I return two of the processor cores without compensation because my computer is too overpowered. This is irresponsible, and downright disgusting behavior from a game developer. I paid $20 for a 2% bonus, and if you're going to take away 50% of what that is worth I, and the rest of the Wartune players who support you, demand compensation.

2nd point, what happens with the mini-wings? Are those going to be .5% stats now? Or are you telling me that the wings I paid $20 for are worth the same as those that cost $10?

This is absolutely unacceptable behavior, and I will not spend even a single cent to support a game developer who thinks for even one second that it is. Fix this immediately.

Lots of Love,
          McPants
          Correct on all points.

Comment

Count me in on the lawsuit!

Comment

Really?

R2 Games: are you seriously thinking about doing this?

1) Do you know how much you're going to lose in revenue from people quitting or asking for a PayPal refund?

2) Do you know how it will negatively impact your name; you're going to lose additional consumer confidence.

Who's in charge of these decisions at R2?
              Do they even know what's going on?
              Do they even think things through?

The thought of this even being brought up is extremely disappointing.

------------
              Dink
              Kong-1

Comment

This is unacceptable without compensation! Perhaps wings purchased prior to patch should have "grandfathered in" stats. If there is no resolution to this issue, I have no problem becoming a non-paying player.

Comment

Lol wow. So you not get wings that can be upgraded so far out that the ones you have now in bonus are how you say nothing compared to what you can do.

And in return to do this they remove 1% from it and you whine.

Come on. You don't get it, the new players will stilll have to pay 1.995 for the same wing you have before they can start upgrading them. So basicly you lose nothing they lose nothing.

But i do find it funny everytime a non paying player complaines about how unfair this game is to them all paying players jump them hard.

Now you PAYING players get a ADVANTAGE thats INSANE and i mean INSANE with the upgrades you can do will put you so FAR ahead of non paying players so its over the top.

And the PRICE for this ADVANTAGE is your wing go from 2% bonus to all stats to 1%.

And yet now you whine about R2 being unfair they just gave you another ADVANTAGE in this game thats huge.

Comment

just to pop youre bubble http://www.r2games.com/about/termsofuse and especially this part:

No Ownership Rights in Account

You acknowledge and agree that you shall have no ownership or other property interested in any account stored or hosted in an R2Games system, including without limitation any R2Games account or Our Games account, and you further acknowledge and agree that all rights in and to such accounts are and shall forever be owned by and inure to the benefit of R2Games.

and this part:

R2Games reserves the right, at its sole and absolute discretion, to change, modify, add to, supplement or delete, at any time, any of the terms and conditions of this Agreement, any feature of the Game or the Service, hours of availability, content, data, software or equipment needed to access the Game or the Service, effective with or without prior notice; provided, however, that material changes to this Terms of Use Agreement will not be applied retroactively

Comment

Nimas,

I think it has more to do with people no longer believe they got what they paid for.

I for one have just accepted the fact the wings went from 2% to 1% (still +120 to all stats and for 1,995 balens that is amazing) but it was awful hard pill to swallow given the item lost approx 30% of its value.

Comment

Originally posted by R26293303 View Post
                        Nimas,

I think it has more to do with people no longer believe they got what they paid for.

I for one have just accepted the fact the wings went from 2% to 1% (still +120 to all stats and for 1,995 balens that is amazing) but it was awful hard pill to swallow given the item lost approx 30% of its value.
                        BUT they did get what they payed for.

Because don't they get it they now gotten a bonus that is so big its insane.

sure the price was 1% on first lvl but thats worth the price.

Also why would it be fair to everyone else if you keep 2% and new players only get 1% for the same wing and at same price?

Comment

if they take half of the wing stats, they need to pay us half of our money back.

Comment

That is all well and good, and I reserve the right to get a refund through Paypal when someone doesn't give me what I paid for. Just because they have something stated in their terms of use doesn't give them the right to take back what you already have. Think about it, if those kinds of statements are all it takes for a corporation to take back what you paid for, how long before Sketchers adds a ToS agreement stating that they can take back your shoes once they're out of style?

If I pay $8 for 30 days worth of VIP, and R2 just randomly decides that VIP now costs $16, are they going to take away 15 days of the VIP that I have already paid for? No, because that is disgusting. Just because they cover their backsides in the ToS does not give them the right to blatantly steal from us.

Comment

Originally posted by Nimras186 View Post
                              BUT they did get what they payed for.

Because don't they get it they now gotten a bonus that is so big its insane.

sure the price was 1% on first lvl but thats worth the price.

Also why would it be fair to everyone else if you keep 2% and new players only get 1% for the same wing and at same price?
                              Not arguing with you just stating my perception of the problem and I agree the wings are still worth the 1.995 I paid for them.

All I am saying is that I think it is bad form to just all of a sudden change them. However like a previous poster stated, it is R2's game and they can do whatever they want and it states it so in their TOS.

Comment

Working...
                              X