Key run destroyed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oxykotton View Post
    This wouldn't be such a problem if the limitation was set from day one. Most people are complaining now due to the fact there are people who have the set already done and now it be virtually impossible to catch up to them in power. I don't blame them. If this nerf must have happened it should have happened much earlier than now. That way everyone would be on the same playing field.
    Well ur kinda right. PPl having the set already is annoying, and as u said makes their advantage now HUGE seeing how long it will take to get the set now. but just in general the amount of time to farm the **** for a 60 set is too long. 4 months, thats an eternity in a game

Comment

Originally posted by Tranc3motion View Post
      4 months to get 1 set? It took me 21 days to hit lvl 52. By the time I gather enough parts, the gear is irrelevant.
      Define irrelevant.
      Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
      [No longer logging in]

Comment

Originally posted by CondorHero View Post
        Because there's nothing else after 70 gear.
        But Condor here's the thing, Most on the original servers(chinese) they will have complete sets of the gear for their level by X3-X5. A 60 will have full 60 set by the time they hit around 63-65 because crystaloids aren't an issue there. While here it is an issue. They get a crystaloid every single campaign they do, do we? No. It gives players the feeling of being stuck and not being able to actual experience some content because of the way the game is being set up for the English players.

PvE gear that was already hard to get for us just became increasing harder for all future releases. I don't see 70 gear being final gear forever. If so the game won't last, a game that doesn't have things to progress to keep the players entertained is bound to collapse. Games are supposed to be fun and entertainment. Players do not like endless grinds like robots. So if they decide to stop the game at 80 and never have anything after that but little things here and there it's just ploys to get new players and not retain any.

Making content more readily available for the levels while they are it and not when they are far beyond it doesn't work in this game because you lose exp down to nothing if too far passed the content. So ideally you would want players to be able to do the content towards the end of their levels for that section. And you'd want to scale difficulty based on the levels of the gear can be acquired. IE a level 60 should have 60 gear by 65 for pve, then the player can do 60 NM or 65 Normal, making both tuned to similar in difficulty. Keeps the challenge to keep players entertained while continuing to reward them while they progress. Make the difficulty of 65 NM be around that where a 68-70 player can do it.

Define irrelevant.
        Believe he's talking about by the time can get the gear it is already way below level where it doesn't matter about it anymore. IE: 20 gear you can have by 24-25. 30 Gear you can have by 35. 40 gear it jumps up and depends on summon runs. With summon runs you can get it by 42 on a new server, without summon runs will be around 48. 50 Gear you'll be 60+ before you get enough for 2 pieces. 60 gear you'll be 70 before you get 1 piece.

Comment

Don't Worry guys. I'm pretty sure there will soon be another "pay to consume" event that will give you Legend Stones for spending $100 or more. It'll make everything better........

^ sarcasm ^

Comment

I still haven't seen an adequate answer for what the limit entails. People are screaming it's only five we can't do this and that.. Five what? Five times you as a player can summon per dungeon run? Or you as a party whole can summon per dungeon run. Or is it per day or is it per... you get the point? So what if there is a limit now. We used to plan once a month to do massive key runs, now we will do every couple days or so. In the end it will work out to be about the same rate of gathering stones and crystaloids.

Yeah, he's SOOOOOOO romantic

Personal: Married to the most wonderful man in the world. Love you, Kit. Cara 'ch, 'm blaidd.

Honesty is an expensive gift, don't expect it from cheap people.

Demented children don't impress me.

Comment

Originally posted by Serrin View Post
              I still haven't seen an adequate answer for what the limit entails. People are screaming it's only five we can't do this and that.. Five what? Five times you as a player can summon per dungeon run? Or you as a party whole can summon per dungeon run. Or is it per day or is it per... you get the point? So what if there is a limit now. We used to plan once a month to do massive key runs, now we will do every couple days or so. In the end it will work out to be about the same rate of gathering stones and crystaloids.
              From what I gather it's 5 per run - not per person. Not to mention of course that a lot of people get no xp from that run either. So you sacrifice your runs for the day to get 15 stones
              ♥Hell♥
              Sybian
              S1 - VictisHNR
              *smoooooooooooooooooochies*

Comment

Originally posted by Daehawk View Post
                Believe he's talking about by the time can get the gear it is already way below level where it doesn't matter about it anymore. IE: 20 gear you can have by 24-25. 30 Gear you can have by 35. 40 gear it jumps up and depends on summon runs. With summon runs you can get it by 42 on a new server, without summon runs will be around 48. 50 Gear you'll be 60+ before you get enough for 2 pieces. 60 gear you'll be 70 before you get 1 piece.
                The level at which you begin to be able to use the gear is not the level which you *MUST* use your gear.
                So if a gear has level limit 50, it doesn't mean you should use it at 50.

Believe it or not, a level 65 archer with level 40 legendary gear is immensely useful in multiplayer PVE. People just have their concepts wrong.
                [No longer logging in]

Comment

The level at which you begin to be able to use the gear is not the level which you *MUST* use your gear.

Believe it or not, a level 65 archer with level 40 legendary gear is immensely useful in multiplayer PVE. People just have their concepts wrong.
                  You should use the best gear possible that is available for your level. No one said anything about "I must use "X" lvl gear". The example your making is just plain stupid. Yeah a lvl 65 Archer in 40 PVE might be "immensely useful in an mp" but that depends on the mp. I don't think he would be very useful in Moonevil NM, or Demon Temple....and I can guarantee you a lvl 65 Archer in a 50 PVE set wud **** all over ur mentioned Archer.....do I need to say what a 60 PVE set Archer would do as well?

If your trying to make the argument that using lvl 40 gear at lvl 65 should be acceptable, or even good then your mad.

Comment

Originally posted by Roadsidebomb View Post
                    You should use the best gear possible that is available for your level. No one said anything about "I must use "X" lvl gear". The example your making is just plain stupid. Yeah a lvl 65 Archer in 40 PVE might be "immensely useful in an mp" but that depends on the mp. I don't think he would be very useful in Moonevil NM, or Demon Temple....and I can guarantee you a lvl 65 Archer in a 50 PVE set wud **** all over ur mentioned Archer.....do I need to say what a 60 PVE set Archer would do as well?

If your trying to make the argument that using lvl 40 gear at lvl 65 should be acceptable, or even good then your mad.
                    I know what I am talking about. I have beaten demon temple daily.

When an archer with 55pvp set joins my team, we struggle because of rage issues. An archer with 40 legend set runs smoothly.

Seeing that I am one of the first on my server to beat demon, i think I know what I am talking about.
                    [No longer logging in]

Comment

my party HAVE ALMOST 900 KEYS.... it will be big FAIL if they dont FIx IT...

Comment

Originally posted by saxsex View Post
                        my party HAVE ALMOST 900 KEYS.... it will be big FAIL if they dont FIx IT...
                        Better do the run before the fix comes.
                        [No longer logging in]

Comment

Yeah I agree, alot of lvl 70+ knights wear lvl 55 pvp set, so a lvl 60+ 70+ archer wearing lvl 40 pve set is normal.
                          Five Sylphs for the Heros in wartune,
                          Two for the Whales in their deep blue ocean,
                          Three for Mortal Men doomed to die,
                          One for the Big Whales on their dark throne
                          In the Land of Wartune where the heroes lie.
                          One sylph to crush them all, One sylph to kill mobs,
                          One sylph to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
                          In the Land of Wartune where the Moby duck lie."

Comment

Let me see if i understand this correctly - we need hundreds of keys for one pve set - with VIP, VIP wheel where there are keys, all guild altar spins (24 for us) doing all my single players (keys can now be collected during a blitz - ty for that) It takes me around 3 weeks to collect approx 125 keys. Those 125 keys will allow me to get approx 125 crystaloids, then I get between 7 and 9 crystaloids daily from multiplayer runs - round it off to 8 that will be 168 crystaloids in 3 weeks. So in 3 weeks I have 293 crystaloids. So 97 crystaloids per week. If i have not got lost somewhere in my calculations that would be 12 weeks for the level 60 set. 3 months. That is how it used to be before things changed. Lets scrap the key runs then - 8 crystaloids per day - 1200 needed for the pve set (useless without the full set as it is the extra rage we need) 56 crystaloids per week - that would be 21 weeks to get the level 60 pve set, 5 months. It will now take me 5 months to catch up to some of the others my level on our server.

But lets say we still try summoner with the changes - I will no longer get the daily crystaloids running the mp because as yet we have not managed to complete demontemple nightmare mode. I would ofc have to run the NM to get the lvl 5 crystaloids from the summoner. A run has to be sacrificed to do a key run and once every few weeks we were doing just that. Now we would probably have to sacrifice all three. I honesty don't feel like working out how many months all this would now take for the lvl 60 pve. Suffice to say - too long.

And lets not forget - although demontemple normal mode can be done with the level 55 pvp set and rage runes (as i now do) - it is very difficult (unless you have an op guild mate or two - who already have the pve set - helping you get through) - So at some point you would have to go through all this to first get the level 50 pve before you could actually even do the level 60 - 69 dungeon in normal mode. I am level 70 now and my goal is to try and get the pve set so that i can actually manage the level 65 mp dungeon without having to spam rage runes as i don't get enough rage runes in one day to be able to run demon 3 times. I would guess that to do the new level 70 mp i would HAVE to have the level 60 pve set.

To reach the demontemple summoner in NM takes a lot of pots, scrolls etc - but once there we could summon until our keys were finished (keys we have already spent a few weeks collecting).
                            Would I now have to try and work backwards - go and use my keys to first get the level 50 pve - then use that to try and help me get the level 60 pve? I wonder how many months that will be now in total???

tldr. too many months to get the sets and a big headache trying to work it all out - don't much feel like playing atm.

P.S I do hope that this is not a permanent change and as Ashanie says - I will wait for a few weeks to see if R2 change it back. In the meantime - for now I need to go and watch some funny youturbe videos and play some simple silly facebook games.
                            Jenn - Temple of Ibalize

Comment

A lot of lvl 70+ Knights use 55 pvp set because as I stated earlier it is the best gear available for them apart from the 60 pve set (which takes either lots of money or time to obtain). So yes, it is acceptable....and normal as my comment earlier mentioned "You should use the best gear possible that is available for your level." A lvl 65 toon using lvl 40 gear is not normal or ideal. And Condorhero claiming a 55 pvp set archer struggling in Demon Temple, well he must be a POS toon or be completely clueless on how to do the mp cause I've run the mp with plenty and never had an issue.

Comment

Oops - because of the pounding headache i forgot to add - the problem R2 is the crystaloids - we need the crystaloids to get our pve sets and bottom line is we just don't get enough.
                                Jenn - Temple of Ibalize

Comment

Working...
                                X