X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestion: Eternal World Boss

So, what we've come up with:

World Boss changes:
    1. Only one boss with more health than 3 bosses (for example, 10x the health of a single boss).
    2. The Boss can be fought at any time of the day, starting with the resets (5AM ST), but only for 20 attempts (+5 with balens).
    3. Voucher/balens bonuses (up to 50% each) last for the whole day.
    4. Boss damage changes:
    - same base damage every turn, but it's using PATK during its 1st, 3rd and 5th attack and MATK during its 2nd and 4th attack
    - from the 6th attack onward this is repeated, but dealing double damage - every 5 attacks after the 6th the damage is doubled again
    5. Rewards are changed to look more like this:
    - Top 3 players by damage dealt get 100k gold/daru
    - everyone who manages to get 1% gets 100k gold/daru, including the top 3
    - everyone who manages to deal 0.1% of the damage dealt during that day receives 50k gold/daru
    - everyone who uses at least 10 attempts in a day completes a daily guild quest and gets 40 guild wealth/contribution + 40k daru
    - everyone who uses at least 20 attempts in a day completes the already existing daily quest for XP
    - when the boss is killed, everyone who participated gets 50k bonus gold/daru
    - gold/daru earned through fighting it is still damage dealt divided by 5

For additional info, the motivation behind all this, the pros, cons and counterarguments, look through the thread a bit.

Original post, now deprecated:
    I'll be short:

1. One world boss instead of three.
    2. Multiply world boss health by 100.
    3. Allow players to fight the world boss 30 minutes per day whenever they choose.
    4. When the boss dies (once every few days) give rewards to ALL participants, with special rewards for extremely successful people.

What do you think? Possible? If not, why?
    Last edited by WickedSilk; 02-27-2013, 12:09 PM. Reason: Summed up the thread

On second thought, let me elaborate and change this a bit:

One world boss, multiply its health by 10 (or any number, really, but this should last for 5 days tops). Give players the opportunity to fight it once per day for 30 minutes, whenever they choose. Players don't get killed on 6th attack - instead, attacks 1-5 deal the current amount of damage, attacks 6-10 deal double this amount, attacks 11-15 deal four times the original amount and so on. The respawn timer is still 30 seconds. Damage dealt to the boss gives the players the usual damage/5 daru/gold. However, for every 10 attacks the player makes, he gets another 20k gold/daru (as a boost for weaker players). For every 1M damage that the player deals he gets another 20k gold/daru (as a boost for strong players). For passing 1% the player gets 100k gold/daru (because more people will try killing it this way and this will be harder to achieve - also, only about one reward every week). The first three players still get +250k. As an additional prize, everyone who dealt more than 0.5% of daily damage to the boss gets 50k gold/daru.
    At the end of the boss event, there is no lucky strike prize, but everyone who participated gets 100k gold/100k daru and possibly 100 honor/100 insignias.

While I'm still not sure what the "WB stand in" is exactly (as my server didn't get the patch yet), I'd say that the problem for most of the players wasn't the constant clicking around as much as the lack of time to be there for all of the world bosses. This could solve that problem.

Please, give me some feedback on this. I'm not sure if the idea has any kind of holes in it, but as I see it right now, every imbalance can be solved by simply changing some of these numerical factors.

Comment

Originally posted by WickedSilk View Post
      Players don't get killed on 6th attack - instead, attacks 1-5 deal the current amount of damage, attacks 6-10 deal double this amount, attacks 11-15 deal four times the original amount and so on. The respawn timer is still 30 seconds.
      If they don't get killed, why is there a respawn cooldown?
      I've read it several times but I'm still o.O I'm sure it makes perfect sense in your head, but I don't see it. :/

Comment

Originally posted by CreamySaucepan View Post
        If they don't get killed, why is there a respawn cooldown?
        I've read it several times but I'm still o.O I'm sure it makes perfect sense in your head, but I don't see it. :/
        The current WB kills you on the 6th attack no matter how healthy/strong you are.

With this suggestion as you get tougher you'll last more attacks. So you'll die eventually... just not necessarily on the 6th attack...

I like this idea.
        Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
        You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
        Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

Originally posted by GingerTheHutt View Post
          With this suggestion as you get tougher you'll last more attacks. So you'll die eventually... just not necessarily on the 6th attack...
          Is that what you *think* it means, because it doesn't say that...

Comment

Originally posted by CreamySaucepan View Post
            Is that what you *think* it means, because it doesn't say that...
            It's how I understood it...
            You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
            Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

I understand it the same way Ginger does.

The respawn timer is there because people will still die against the WB (said weaker players that get 1-shot by it). Although if you only have 30 minutes per day to attack it, I'm not sure I'd be happy with a 30 second CD interrupting my 30 minute allotment of attacks - for every 30 seconds I fight, I get a cooldown? No thanks. That part does NOT make sense when the two parts are put together side by side.

I like the no-death at 6 and boosts for more attacks - but the problem I have is that the number of attacks Gold/Daru boost for the so-called weaker players will probably be obtained by stronger players too (especially if you ditch the 30 second cooldown in light of the 30 minute daily timer). You may want to give a bonus based on # of deaths instead, which will give players who are one-shot an added incentive and actually DOES target the weaker player. Say 100 Gold/Daru per death - sure, higher levels will still get this, but lower level players will get it more (if you figure the average one-shot combat round will last 15 seconds, if that, and you do all your attacks, that is 4 per minute x 30 minutes for 120 x 100 Gold/Daru = +12 000 Gold/Daru). This does not seem that broken an amount to me.

Of course, with the WB Stand-In feature in the 1.5 patch now - not sure this change is necessary.
              Finagle's Law - Anything that can go wrong will normally go wrong in the worst possible way.

Malfaedor
              Kabam Server 1 - US West
              Guild: MntyPython

General Zod
              S5 - Roaring Wetlands
              Guild: Saga

Comment

WB. WB. WB. .... .... .... .... gold,daru. gold,daru. gold,daru. ... ... ... ...
                LOL,nevermind. I take what I can. It's free offer.
                The better you take care of your character, the better you get. That's what we call 'reward'. lol
                Why do i need to be in rush when I can be one of the strong players in the end anyway?
                I can't be bothered by these things too much. Especially when you are a perfectly non-casher, you will understand what I mean.
                Before posting any new thread use the search tool please. Don't spam our forum.
                Just like you, we don't want to search every single thread for what we are searching for or before we make a new thread either.
                Thanks for those who use search tool.

Comment

Not in this game you can't. Even a perfectly played non-casher won't compete with the cashers. Why you ask? The best you'll get is lvl 5 gems. The best they can get is lvl 9 gems. You won't get to do many tormented necropolis...they'll do it every day. You won't have all the mounts...they will. You won't have wings...they will. You won't have clothes which gives an increase to starting rage...they won't. It'll take you a few months to build your pve set...R2 will throw out an event and they can get a chunk of the stones they need. Their astrals will be more advanced in the end than yours. Shall I continue?

As far as the original post...I like the idea.
                  Yitien:

Class: Assassin lvl 78
                  BR: 67K
                  Server: Qianfo Hall

Comment

So, a few things that might've been misinterpreted:

Yes, you will die after a few attacks - if the boss now deals about 6k on first 5 attacks, 12k on attacks 6-10, 24k on attacks 11-15 and 48k on attacks 16-20 at some point even the strongest will die. (what Ginger said)

As for the reward for attacking the world boss, I meant the counter as in the daily quest - so just entering the battle once is enough for +1. This number should be the same or greater than the number of deaths you mentioned (if the player is fighting the boss while it's killed and wins the fight). Also, this would benefit weaker players as they would enter the battle more times in the same amount of time (stronger players might live through 15-25 attacks and they will get more gold/daru from attacking that way, weaker ones might live through 3-5 attacks and they will get more gold through starting a fight with the boss more times).

And as for the 30 second death timer, I didn't really think that one through, but I think that we need some kind of a timer, even if it's just 10 seconds. It's pretty simple, actually, and just "a walk to the boss" won't do. That's because some people have a better connection and faster computers and that shouldn't allow them to attack the boss more often. I believe that it's the reason why we have the timer right now (apart from it serving as a great point for players to spend more balens). This, of course, is based on the assumption that players are attacking the boss like they have before the patch (not stand ins).

I'd like to add the motivation behind this idea:
                    World bosses are one of the best sources of gold and the best source of daru in the game. A lot of people can't be here for all 3 and are slowly getting weaker in comparison with those who can because of it. The game should be playable at any time of the day, without the player being able to miss out on something so easily.
                    Last edited by WickedSilk; 02-23-2013, 07:57 PM.

Comment

So uh, how does one get the last hit? The boss has x amount of hp and throughout the day as it's summoned it loses hp?

I don't mind this idea, kill 1 instead of 3. Certainly get more bang for your buck if you're using balens, rather than buffing up 3 times, can do it once. (Unless R2 charges more to recoup the loss)
                      My favorite thing about Wartune is that I don't have to be around 24/7 doing something every hour, this reduces time needed to play, so I love it =)

Comment

Originally posted by ElusionM View Post
                        So uh, how does one get the last hit?
                        I think you missed something in the OP's second (clarifying) post:

Originally posted by WickedSilk View Post
                        At the end of the boss event, there is no lucky strike prize, but everyone who participated gets 100k gold/100k daru and possibly 100 honor/100 insignias.
                        It doesn't matter who gets last hit under this imagining.
                        Finagle's Law - Anything that can go wrong will normally go wrong in the worst possible way.

Malfaedor
                        Kabam Server 1 - US West
                        Guild: MntyPython

General Zod
                        S5 - Roaring Wetlands
                        Guild: Saga

Comment

Ah, I sorta skimmed over it, thought it said THERE is a lucky strike and they get insigs etc xD

Comment

My reasoning was this:

Right now, lucky strikes exist and that's fine. But if there was to be something like this, the lucky strike would happen once in a few days (more or less) so players wouldn't have as many chances to get it as they do now. As it is, on my server the prize more often than not goes to someone already strong, simply because he deals the most damage. As with any lottery, the lucky strike was supposed to give the weaker players hope that even they can get rich fast, but with the rewards being given less often and the strong players still taking most of them, this really appears to be a mission impossible. So not to discourage the weaker players from doing the world boss, I decided that perhaps it simply shouldn't exist.

The reason behind just one instead of 3 bosses is to save people's time and clean up their already cluttered schedules, but spending less vouchers/balens is fine too, I guess (however, looks like that could make it harder to implement because, after all is said and done, everyone wants more money, and this isn't the way to it ).

Comment

Balance the gold and daru for the world boss across classes first. Had to say it.

Comment

Working...
                              X