Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

too much xp out lvling gear before avalible

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• too much xp out lvling gear before avalible

I've been playing just short of a month now. I've read a lot of posts saying too lvl fast. Well I'm here to say don't. What happened with me was I was lvling so fast lvl 20 gear was obsolete before i was able to collect necesssary items to make it. Same with lvl 30. I was almost 35 before i got my 1st drop for synthisizing 30 gear. I bypassed 30 gear & bought 35 arena. I now sell any extra xp gaining drops. I only do enough bounty quests to complete daily & I only do white or grn. my advice is too take ur time & collect gear items, build up astrals,gems & such. Since slowing down & buildig my stats up as just mentioned I am now beating or coming close beating players 3-4 lvls above me. I'm a 36 atm & beating weak 40's.

i agree with you, only on the old server, on the new ones, it is very important to level very fast,

if you do level slowly, you won't have anyone to do MP with,

true you will be awesome at your level, but anyone else will kick your but.

Comment

Originally posted by fairbird View Post
      i agree with you, only on the old server, on the new ones, it is very important to level very fast,

if you do level slowly, you won't have anyone to do MP with,

true you will be awesome at your level, but anyone else will kick your but.
      Haha, have you ever thought that new players will come by, therefore, there will always be someone who will do mpd with you, even if you level up slow.

And who is that "anyone" else you are talking about? The poster said that he can even defeat higher levels than him... The one who can only defeat him are the weak ones, be it higher or lower level. Higher level doesn't necessarily mean stronger.
      Last edited by BlueEarth; 02-24-2013, 05:34 AM.
      If you think you are smart, then you are at the height of your stupidity.
      -quoted from R.K.

Comment

Right now slowing your leveling to be stronger against other players may work only until level 40 at which you will be destroyed by everyone in battlegounds until you level up to at least 55 then you will be killed only cashers or some seasoned players.
        At 50 level (but I would recommend lvling up to 55 first) you will be able to spend your xp points on talents which will naturally slow your level progression and let your items/astrals/guild skills catch up to your level.
        If you plan on staying 39 level forever or avoid battlegrounds and guild battles your plan might work.
        One thing you must keep in mind is that players whom level up faster than you increase their gold/daru/kyanite/exp/crypt tokens gain per day every level they get and the gap between you and them only widens.
        Of course right now there is soft leveling cap because there is no 70+ dungeons yet (on my server at least) which may make leveling too high before upgrading your talents not the best choice but that is about it.
        The incoming cross server battlegrounds with new brackets will most likely soften things up a bit but still without at least X5 level arena set you will be sandbag on each battleground.
        Last edited by Mytelefe; 02-24-2013, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Yah, that is the problem when you try to compare yourself to those who have played at the same time with you... But then, what is the purpose of the game? Is seems to me that most of us try to outwin every person and want to be on the top....

For me, it doesn't matter if I get the player I used to play with at the same time will have a wider gap than me. So what if he is now stronger than me? Will a thunder strike me because I'm weak or I'm too slow? So what if they tease and jest me that I'm a noob? Are they gods to be afraid of?

These kind of thinking has made everyone ridicule those you are using cash to get more stronger... They are whimpering when something has been made for cashers... They can't accept the fact that casher have advantage over those non-cashers (oh well, let me say this too: heavy cashiers have more advantage then light cashers).... That is, because, in their subconscious, their goal is to become as strong and be top to be recognized by others.... That kind of thinking will just stress me out... I don't know about you. And please, take note, I am NOT a casher, I play for free.

For me, I just wanted to enjoy playing...
          - The feeling of beating higher level than you
          - You effectively help those new players to the mpd and 3v3 arena..
          - You'll develop patience (you know, the urge of doing it, but are being forced to not to do it)..
          - You encouraged every other player to be strong too (that is my case).
          - Many people will call you cheater because you are so strong at your level (and I like that, cause they whim, but can't do anything else)
          - You can earn each set, and get to enjoy every piece of the game, unlike when you're rushing to level, you skip a lot of things...
          - Being defeated by a higher level (note: HIGHER LEVEL) makes you want to be stronger... *Cause no same and lower level can defeat you.*

A lot of things are good when you're slow leveling... When you level fast, you will sure in fact really lose to those cashers (heavy cashers, for those who are light cashers reading this)..
          -quoted from R.K.

Comment

Just to point out, most people cap their lvl at 69, for CSBG,
            while IMO, OS and NS although they do differ, it is generally better to level faster than others and build your char
            when u hit yr cap.

For example some people cap at lvl 64,65 to do MED while upping their talent skills.
            Why MED? This is because 3 runs can be done in 30min with 30mins for blitzing solo dungeons.
            What abt DT? I am not sure if 3 runs can be done within 1hour, havent seen it on our server though.
            Five Sylphs for the Heros in wartune,
            Two for the Whales in their deep blue ocean,
            Three for Mortal Men doomed to die,
            One for the Big Whales on their dark throne
            In the Land of Wartune where the heroes lie.
            One sylph to crush them all, One sylph to kill mobs,
            One sylph to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
            In the Land of Wartune where the Moby duck lie."

Comment

Originally posted by R21577189 View Post
              it is generally better to level faster than others and build your char
              when u hit yr cap.
              In your opinion.
              Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
              You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
              Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

So basically you dont believe you can compete with top cashers and you want to make a twink at lower level to beat the living soul out of people that are passing you while leveling.
                Im a free player (never spent single $ or balen) and I started playing long after server release yet Im respected member in #1 guild on my server. I participate in guild battles and while Im usually only emergency backup for tower defense I can efficiently stall heavy cashers, beat most "light cashers" of my level 1v1 or obliterate 1v4 team of +-5 level lower or lead chariot team.
                Of course heavy cashers will always beat me but they beat everyone else too and you can count them on your fingers not to mention even if you power level your free character you wont catch up to the vip players anyway hence you dont really compete with them.
                I guess it is ok to enjoy the content by avoiding part of it but for example guild battle is one of my favorite parts of this game and if I would stay on low level I wouldnt be able to participate in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mytelefe View Post
                  So basically you dont believe you can compete with top cashers and you want to make a twink at lower level to beat the living soul out of people that are passing you while leveling.
                  Haha... No, not at all... I can compete well with some of the cashers, who are even high level than me... Beating same and low level is too easy for me, and gives no challenge, thus no fun at all... (the purpose of the game is to have fun).

Of course heavy cashers will always beat me but they beat everyone else too and you can count them on your fingers not to mention even if you power level your free character you wont catch up to the vip players anyway hence you dont really compete with them.
                  Yeah, you get my point... "For me", as a free player, it is useless to try to be the top player when there will always be cashers. I might as well just take my pace, and enjoy the game.

I guess it is ok to enjoy the content by avoiding part of it but for example guild battle is one of my favorite parts of this game and if I would stay on low level I wouldnt be able to participate in it.
                  The system arranges the potential list for gb participants NOT by level, but by br... So the name will always be seen close to the top list.
                  Last edited by BlueEarth; 02-25-2013, 04:27 PM.
                  -quoted from R.K.

Comment

When you are in competition with your server you want to level quickly to keep up so you can perform well in guild battles and world boss, and further in solo arena for the 3 day rewards.

If you choose the route of leveling slow you may not have many people to do arena or battleground with and you will earn gold much slower in comparison to your server. After the patch slow leveling will be good for battlegrounds but you will still fall behind cause of getting less far in crypts, smaller percentage on world boss so make less gold, and won't be as helpful to your guild in guild battles. Also the pve gear is not ideal as like you said you out level it in a few days and they drop rarely after the 20 set. I had the twenty set in 2 days, one piece drop in the 30s, none in the 40s, 3 in the 50s, and 2 in the 60s and I also was not a fast leveler. I'd rather spend my crypt tokens on the jewelry and rings as well. The pvp gear you can earn every piece of a set in just a few days as you get insignia pretty quick so may as well choose this route. When players are all in the 60s that's when things start to slow down from my experience and it is worth going slower and focusing more on your stun. I will likely be in the 60s bracket for a long time.

Of course some like to level slow and can handle being far behind those that leveled quickly so they can make use of the pve gear and such and max out their stats for their level. I'm not the type for this, and the higher level pve sets take an absurd amount of time to aquire unless you farm the summoner which is being fixed.
                    Last edited by R24877577; 02-25-2013, 05:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by R24877577 View Post
                      When you are in competition with your server you want to level quickly to keep up so you can perform well in guild battles and world boss, and further in solo arena for the 3 day rewards.
                      Yes, if you are in competition, you may want to level up fast (competition just stresses me out)... Anyways, I would like to tell you that I am one of the top 50 in arena duel, i'm ranking 20-30 in wb (getting the 1% award always), and I am level 46...
                      And please, guild battle performance is not ONLY about higher level, but on tactics too.

If you choose the route of leveling slow you may not have many people to do arena or battleground with and you will earn gold much slower in comparison to your server.
                      Not at all... There will always be new players coming, so there will always be someone whom you can do mpd and 3v3 arena.

After the patch slow leveling will be good for battlegrounds but you will still fall behind cause of getting less far in crypts, smaller percentage on world boss so make less gold, and won't be as helpful to your guild in guild battles.
                      Having a low level but with high stats does good in cata... At my current state, I can do until level 80. (You only think high levels can reach that? And don't say such, "If you were higher level, you could have reached 100!" Duh.) Ginger have already finished cata 100 at level 100 at level 45.

Also the pve gear is not ideal as like you said you out level it in a few days and they drop rarely after the 20 set. I had the twenty set in 2 days, one piece drop in the 30s, none in the 40s, 3 in the 50s, and 2 in the 60s and I also was not a fast leveler. I'd rather spend my crypt tokens on the jewelry and rings as well. The pvp gear you can earn every piece of a set in just a few days as you get insignia pretty quick so may as well choose this route. When players are all in the 60s that's when things start to slow down from my experience and it is worth going slower and focusing more on your stun. I will likely be in the 60s bracket for a long time.
                      If you slow level, your crypt tokens would earn, like you know, you have nothing to spend the tokens to (you have already bought all the trinkets for the next level, and you get more tokens since you can do higher level cata).

Aw... Maybe I should just stop rebutting, since once a person is convinced at what he believes, nothing will change his thinking, only a miracle.

As for the one who made this thread, I suggest you do what will bring most fun to you... If you think leveling slow is fun, then do it... That is what the games purpose are...

I believe the game's purpose is NOT MAINLY to compete (that is only tertiary, not even a secondary purpose), cause you'll just lose your good virtues because of anger when you can't beat those cashers (esp if you have low Emotional intelligence), plus degrades your health because of the stress competition brings. :P
                      -quoted from R.K.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueEarth View Post
                        Not at all... There will always be new players coming, so there will always be someone whom you can do mpd and 3v3 arena.

Having a low level but with high stats does good in cata... At my current state, I can do until level 80. (You only think high levels can reach that? And don't say such, "If you were higher level, you could have reached 100!" Duh.) Ginger have already finished cata 100 at level 100 at level 45.
                        I don't know about you, but I can write a long list of peeps who wait for me and creamy to run arena with them.

Creamy is just about to smash my lvl 45, catacomb standing at lvl 43... *sigh*
                        You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
                        Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

Originally posted by GingerTheHutt View Post
                          Creamy is just about to smash my lvl 45, catacomb standing at lvl 43... *sigh*
                          Creamy SMASH! RAAAAWRRR!

Comment

for me, life begins at 55 in this game....the rest of the game is a blur but 50 seems a good place to start levelling things, ie talents, troops, academy, buildings etc. Its a good place to get your rage gear so you can pass level 60 and 65 dungeons with ease. Moon isn't so bad, but demon temple can be a rage eater without the 55 set. Also, I have enough gems to outfit 2 sets, so why not outfit a 50 and a 55 set completely, then change gear for pve? If you find you like one set better than the other, by all means feel free to either sell it or save it in the vault for gold you need to enchant the next set later. sorry, but lvl 39 sucks ..... but levelling too fast and you will be hard strapped to find ppl to do mp's with too. We have parties at our guild and 1 of our guildies is slowly levelling talents and stopping at 55 waiting for us to catch up so we can hit the summoner before the patch and go key crazy and get our rage sets so we dont have to try and scramble for rage runes etc. lvl 50 pve legend is sooo so nice. I see mages doing suntoria, restore, aoe, aoe, lightning lightning blessed light, just generally going crazy with their 50 sets and rocking the arena so, a good resting spot is level 55 for a while...u have the option of doing 2 mps without exp loss, picking up crystals for your 50 set, having a 55 set until you do get your 50 set, levelling up your troops/talents/holy seal/buildings/academy. 55 is a better place to stop in my opinion.
                            Death comes when you hear the Banshee.....

Comment

I would like to tell you that I am one of the top 50 in arena duel, i'm ranking 20-30 in wb (getting the 1% award always), and I am level 46...
                              You must be either on new server or most seasoned players quit it already.

And please, guild battle performance is not ONLY about higher level, but on tactics too.
                              Since there is no level bracket in guild battle the higher level gives you huge advantage with easier access to better gear and higher level damage reduction
                              not to mention stun seal/talents and skill points that have significant impact on your performance and increase your tactical versatility.
                              Higher level doesnt stop you from employing better tactics in guild battle, lower level limits your options.
                              Guild participation is decided on BR not level but level have direct impact on your BR gain.

At my current state, I can do until level 80.
                              Isnt that like normal ? How many crypt tokens will you miss untill you will be able to beat level 100 because at 55 you would waltz thru catacombs.

In conclusion I would like to write.
                              If you dont care about Guild Battle and soon Divine Altar nor WB/Solo Duel standing go for slow leveling otherwise fast leveling is better option. There should be no problem with finding groups for either arena or mp's at low levels with incoming new brackets battle grounds wont be a problem too.

Comment

Working...
                              X