Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• May I ask about redundant threads?

Nothing serious, just curious.
    Why didn't the mods or anyone who have authorization delete or move the redundant threads to the similar threads but just close it?
    Or they just simply can't?

Then why can't?
    Wouldn't it be better if threads were moved or deleted than leaving like that? Just give a PM to the OP(with hyperlink) after deleting or moving.
    Before posting any new thread use the search tool please. Don't spam our forum.
    Just like you, we don't want to search every single thread for what we are searching for or before we make a new thread either.
    Thanks for those who use search tool.

If I sent mails to the OPs with links to existing threads, I'd never get to leave the forums. Repetition happens, but some topics are brought up multiple times a day.

We can merge the repetitive threads to existing threads, but that is usually only done when there's lots of the same threads, such as a server down. Normally we do that because it's faster to provide updates to one thread.

I would advise using the search function to see if a topic already exists before creating a new thread to avoid thread closure or deletion.
    New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

Originally posted by MemoryLane View Post
      If I sent mails to the OPs with links to existing threads, I'd never get to leave the forums. Repetition happens, but some topics are brought up multiple times a day.

We can merge the repetitive threads to existing threads, but that is usually only done when there's lots of the same threads, such as a server down. Normally we do that because it's faster to provide updates to one thread.
      Oh, i see.

Originally posted by MemoryLane View Post
      I would advise using the search function to see if a topic already exists before creating a new thread to avoid thread closure or deletion.
      Yup, just like what I would advise
      Before posting any new thread use the search tool please. Don't spam our forum.
      Just like you, we don't want to search every single thread for what we are searching for or before we make a new thread either.
      Thanks for those who use search tool.

Comment

Working...
      X