This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KnowingEyes7 View Post
    I'm not sure if I "buy" that explanation (see what I did there? :P).

You can look at events in both a positive and negative light. I mean, what can they do to appease you with respect to the February events/pig mount? I don't think they *can* at this point (according to your sentiment) and so the resulting harsh posts began. Can you honestly state that this was planned in advance? I sure as hell can't.

I still hold true to the rationale of, "the patch kind of effed over certain servers so to make amends let's extend events by *9* days". 9 days @ 3 petals per day (assuming this is true extension) adds 27 petals (-2 for the maintenance likely). That's 25 to 27 petals for a delay. That's a HUGE chunk. In fact, it's so large that free players now have the opportunity to get the mount. In a convoluted sort of way, one could say, "thank God for the problems of the patch"... that is, if you cared for the mount.
    Isn't it obvious now that they know ahead of time what is going to happen and what to do to make it go there way? First it started out small by having only crypt keys and socket rods for cashers. Then they started allow non cashers get them. That wasn't such a big deal but you can start to see what they are doing from there. Now they are making there own things like limiting the summong event so people will panic. Then once they find out tons of people are posting on forums they release the key pack sale? So they can rush and buy them before the patch hits all servers? For this event they have all these events but it isn't possible to get the pig w/o it being free. They wait till the very last min once everyone opens there pockets and then boom! Extends it. It is very obvious that this was planned out from the beginning.

All the other events allowed both cashers and non cashers get the main rewards from it. They suddenly changed it up this month? Why for such things? They did that because they realized that they weren't making much money due to people saving whips and such to get the main rewards. This time they fooled everyone by saying "it's only a casher event" and not letting us know about extensions until the very last min of the event. I got to hand it to R2 though. They really know how to make bank. They really know how to "scam" players out of there money with out it being illegal. Bravo R2 Bravo! You really know how to run a business.

Comment

guys slow your roll only thing getting extended is the rose boxes you must buy free players are not getting the mount

2 thing getting extended rose box 145 balen and the exchange button for piggy
      Last edited by lance137; 02-26-2013, 08:07 PM.
      Arguing on the internet is like running Something... Even if you win, you're still Loved

Comment

Originally posted by Oxykotton View Post
        Isn't it obvious now that they know ahead of time what is going to happen and what to do to make it go there way? First it started out small by having only crypt keys and socket rods for cashers. Then they started allow non cashers get them. That wasn't such a big deal but you can start to see what they are doing from there. Now they are making there own things like limiting the summong event so people will panic. Then once they find out tons of people are posting on forums they release the key pack sale? So they can rush and buy them before the patch hits all servers? For this event they have all these events but it isn't possible to get the pig w/o it being free. They wait till the very last min once everyone opens there pockets and then boom! Extends it. It is very obvious that this was planned out from the beginning.

All the other events allowed both cashers and non cashers get the main rewards from it. They suddenly changed it up this month? Why for such things? They did that because they realized that they weren't making much money due to people saving whips and such to get the main rewards. This time they fooled everyone by saying "it's only a casher event" and not letting us know about extensions until the very last min of the event. I got to hand it to R2 though. They really know how to make bank. They really know how to "scam" players out of there money with out it being illegal. Bravo R2 Bravo! You really know how to run a business.
        How about I present to you this scenario: The 1.5X/1.51 patch arrived and had few very bugs. Everything proceeded as planned. Do you think they would have extended the February series of events then (by 9 days)? I don't think they would have.

You also have to consider that the player has intelligence. Why not hold the petals until the events are officially over? I'm not sure why players dumped them. The moment the patch started having major problems is the moment free players should have thought, "hmmm... R2 is pretty decent about giving compensations... and it seems a lot of players on the test servers are missing out on petals... so maybe, just MAYBE there will be a compensation somehow".

On top of all this, I am sure there are plenty of free players out there that have patently waited for an opportunity such as this and are GLAD they extended the events. Not everyone dumps and runs at the first sign of a setback.

By the way, the key pack sale is nothing but beneficial. I don't care how it arrived or if it were planned. It allows crypt keys to be bought at a discount and a nice chunk of keys as a BONUS. I sincerely don't see a problem here.
        Last edited by KnowingEyes7; 02-26-2013, 08:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lance137 View Post
          guys slow your roll only thing getting extended is the rose boxes you must buy free players are not getting the mount

If that's the case, "oh". Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by lance137 View Post

good catch...i'm letting people in my guild know that it's a possibility, but i'm definitely keeping an eye out for details. ************ is vague on what this means.

Comment

personally i will exchange my 72 petals + the 3 i will get tomorrow for kyanite (IF) there isn't any official announcement in this forum about extending event or something
              i dun wanna risk the kyanite would be a bit helpful

Comment

Originally posted by KnowingEyes7 View Post
                How about I present to you this scenario: The 1.5X/1.51 patch arrived and had few very bugs. Everything proceeded as planned. Do you think they would have extended the February series of events then (by 9 days)? I don't think they would have.

You also have to consider that the player has intelligence. Why not hold the petals until the events are officially over? I'm not sure why players dumped them. The moment the patch started having major problems is the moment free players should have thought, "hmmm... R2 is pretty decent about giving compensations... and it seems a lot of players on the test servers are missing out on petals... so maybe, just MAYBE there will be a compensation somehow".

On top of all this, I am sure there are plenty of free players out there that have patently waited for an opportunity such as this and are GLAD they extended the events. Not everyone dumps and runs at the first sign of a setback.

By the way, the key pack sale is nothing but beneficial. I don't care how it arrived or if it were planned. It allows crypt keys to be bought at a discount and a nice chunk of keys as a BONUS. I sincerely don't see a problem here.
                of course u dont see a problem here u work for r2

Comment

Originally posted by haverster View Post
                  of course u dont see a problem here u work for r2
                  Nice retort. No logic presented whatsoever. No countermanding, nothing of substance. Thank you for your input.

Could a mod close this since it's very likely in error?

Comment

Thread closed as requested by OP.
                    Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
                    [No longer logging in]

Comment

Working...
                    X