Announcement

Collapse

R2 LOGIN ISSUES

For recent R2 login issues, please log in through the website starting with "https": https://www.r2games.com. In addition, the bookmark of the saved URL may still contain the word "http", please change it to "https". If this does not work for you, please clear the cache and cookies to complete the most recent update, or try again with another browser. Thank you.
See more
See less

Thinking of quitting? Read this first!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Thinking of quitting? Read this first!

    All these sounds of people quitting made me quite sad frankly. So I thought I'd post a thread giving you a few reasons why you shouldn't. The new patch brings about a lot of changes to the game. And although things might seem imbalanced now, they might change with the future parts of the patch. So quitting already without seeing the entire patch would be assessing the situation too quickly.

    Now then, something about me, I'm a moderate casher in his 50s. I buy VIP because I hate waiting for cooldowns and I bought a mount and some clothes. Now that I have those Í don't plan on buying much more. I can see how non cashers are struggling with the starting rage from clothes but you can't expect to be a non casher and compete on the same lvl as cashers. If it was that way, there wouldn't be any cashers and without them there wouldn't be a game. With that said, a non casher's best way to beat a casher is simply by outlvling him. To get ahead in this game, time is required. By dedicating a lot of time to the game, you will get your lvls and your gold to improve yourself. Ofcourse you will run into new cashers in the BG but you have to remember BG's are a playground to cashers. It's a place for cashers to show off their stuff. This will always be the case, it was before the patch and still is after the patch. Well, I guess my advice to all you non-cashers thinking of quitting is: don't get frustrated about not being able to compete with the cashers on your server, just improve as much as you can and eventually you will find, the gap between casher and non-casher will get closer.

    That brings me to the next subject of discussion. A lot of cashers thinking of quitting because of the prices of the stuff in the game. The most heard opinion on this is: Ã*t's too expensive and the gains are too little. First off I want to say, no one is pressuring you into buying anything, so sure not EVERYTHING. If you want to buy everything, that's your right but if you are a moderate casher like me few things suffice to compete. I agree some of the stuff sold is too expensive for what gain they give. The solution for this is simple, don't buy it, if you don't like it.

    Alright and now the BG. The thing that leaves many cashers disillusioned nowadays. I actually feel the BG's up till lvl 59 are quite fair. They don't vary that much from the pre patch BG. But important to note is that many more players are entering the battlegrounds everyday now, in the sense that it's not just your own server in there. Therefore the scale of playing characters is much broader so the difficulty of a BG might vary a bit more. If you're unlucky, you join a BG full of aggressive old server behemoths, if you're lucky you join a BG full of new server cannon fodder. I'm in s111 and I feel like new server cannon fodder sometimes but I can imagine for newer servers this happens even more. To those players I say stick with it, these lvls pass quick and you will compete with other lvl 50s in no time.

    The last thing I want to talk about is something I know the least about: lvl60+ BG. Because of the lack of content many players lvl 69 decided to stay there and lvl up their talents. For the young players just reaching 60 and entering the lvl60-69 battlegrounds it's hard, no doubt about that. A lot of honor loss, frustration and getting stunned is accompanied with this BG for those players. If you're one of these players, I don't know what to tell you to prevent you from quitting except that I hope it gets better in the future. I fear for it as well since I'm nearing 60 too.

    But still it wouldn't be a reason for me to quit and I'll tell you why. I'm in a very nice guild with a lot of awesome people that I spent quite a few hours each day with so I wouldn't want to let those guys down. Another reason is I've put money into this game and that's worth something to me as well. Why spend money on a game, if you're gonna quit as soon as it becomes a challenge? You can't expect to buy a win, you have to earn it by dedicating your time and some money to it. But most important reason I'm not thinking of quitting is because this is a game and getting frustrated about it and ragequitting seems like overreacting to me. My message to all of you thinking of quitting is: don't take it so serious, focus on your own character, improve it, level it, cherish it. Don't abandon it just like that!
    Class: Knight
    Level: 6x

    "I am not a rabbit"

  • #2
    All your points about "nothing forces you to buy" are reasonable and have been said in the forum 300k times and about BG, i suggest you stay lv59 til lord divine rank, level your holy seal til u cant then dont get exp til lord divine, you will thank me later because the moment you put a step into BG60+ with a rank higher than
    crusader, EVERYONE will attack you lol, there's the typical high rank OP casher that kills every1 and gets killed once or twice from dryad farmers (usually elite warriors or crusaders) but once you get 2-3 BGs with negative honor, it just sucks lol.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Littlelyseria View Post
      All your points about "nothing forces you to buy" are reasonable and have been said in the forum 300k times and about BG, i suggest you stay lv59 til lord divine rank, level your holy seal til u cant then dont get exp til lord divine, you will thank me later because the moment you put a step into BG60+ with a rank higher than
      crusader, EVERYONE will attack you lol, there's the typical high rank OP casher that kills every1 and gets killed once or twice from dryad farmers (usually elite warriors or crusaders) but once you get 2-3 BGs with negative honor, it just sucks lol.
      I know that's what I was planning to do already. And I do feel bad for all you unfortunate souls that were already in there before the patch got released. But that's the reason I wrote my last paragraph. It's tough but the game offers much more than just BGs!
      Class: Knight
      Level: 6x

      "I am not a rabbit"

      Comment


      • #4
        Hogwash in its entirety - the patch and the post. Its a great "grass is always greener" sentiment but it doesn't ring true. As a moderate casher (vip + a few recharges) who didn't have the balens necessary to buy/fill all the clothing spots there was an immediate permanent imbalance. Players I could have a good fight with whether in BG/3v3 were now just melting me because of the rage boost - which allows mages to aoe for 3 straight turns at minimum, archers to Lunatic from the get go etc etc. I had/have a 58 mage & 58 archer who day before patch had decent success in both BG/Arena because the matching system for the most part worked well by match BR to patch day getting obliterated as though I were a lvl 30 facing a lvl 50. The matching system is broken period! Its World of Warcraft'esque in that it goes by 10lvl range rather than strength of player. So you're gonna have tons camping at 39, 49, 59 and so on which is SOFA KING _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _! Its great to give people some different look options with the clothing, its akin to dyes in other games except the dye doesn't boost anything other than your look.
        As for out leveling a casher, its gonna be easier for casher to keep level gap due to mounts they can buy that non-casher cannot, the lil extras like vip cooldowns/vip gifts/vip wheel amongst other things that keep their BR higher making killing mobs/gaining honor ranks much much easier.

        PvP/BG - if they're going to cross server match then do so by server age, as those older servers have much more time/advancement for astrals/gems/levels etc than newer servers even at mid to mid high level characters. They should have made some servers non-cash only and match them against other non-cash servers. They weren't making money when they launched so the arguement about no cashers/no game isn't entirely true as they had game before .

        I quit my 2 characters because in 1 patch it became ALL about cash vs balance/fun and competitive. I tinker around on my lowbie warrior still but nothing serious because the game wont return to what it was....FUN...unless I wanna fork out more dough than I or anyone else should have to.
        /endrant

        Comment


        • #5
          as a non-casher it's been obvious to me from the beginning that the game is geared towards those who spend money. over time and with some hours put into the game i've been able to narrow the gap to hold my own against anyone, casher or not, in my level range. when you don't spend money, you have to play the game strategically and map out your moves to be successful, which has been the fun of the game for me. it's important to note that i'm a knight, so i've also learned to work with the inherent limitations of that class and do ok.

          this patch has changed the landscape for the game more than i could have ever imagined. my guild is the strongest on my server and we have the majority, but not all, of the OP players, so i have an idea of what they're experiencing as well as my observations of a middle-of-the-pack non cash player (lvl58 35k br). several weeks ago, the top non-cash player on our server quit to play on a chinese server because he felt that the changes coming in 1.5 were going to ruin the game. we were sad to see him go and wondered if he was right. he also talked about how much more expensive things were on US servers vs china servers, with several things that 'we' pay for that are free on the china servers.

          i just spent the last 20 minutes in arena where my team routinely got demolished by "supermodels" with the latest fashions. with even one player on the other side who was using clothes, we were completely over matched. the other two players on my team are cashers, but haven't bought clothes and were so demoralized by the experience they expressed that they're going to quit. having been a free-to-play player, i'm used to getting hammered by OP cashers so it was less traumatic, but it drove home the point that the game has become, without a doubt, pay to win. the difference now is that there are no exceptions anymore as even strongly built moderate cashers will have no chance against those who spend the most money.

          what's left? i could go back to quietly trying to keep my head down and keep playing but for what? bg is an exercise in frustration and arena is a lesson in futility. that leaves the pve aspects of the game, but you need rewards from pvp to get higher level gear that will even allow you to progress in the catacombs and mpds. with no way to continue to move forward in the game, there is no reason bother to wait to see if things will get levelled out eventually, because if it isn't i've just wasted more time for nothing.

          something else to be mindful of is the obvious poor quality of the game they've given us. buggy, sub-standard look and feel and inconsistent controls across the game have given the UI an amateurish look and they still haven't bothered to fix basic typos in the game (we're still slaughtering more soles than the grimm reaper). but they want you to pay to win.

          buyer beware.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Tyresome View Post
            Now then, something about me, I'm a moderate casher in his 50s. I buy VIP because I hate waiting for cooldowns and I bought a mount and some clothes. Now that I have those Í don't plan on buying much more. I can see how non cashers are struggling with the starting rage from clothes but you can't expect to be a non casher and compete on the same lvl as cashers. If it was that way, there wouldn't be any cashers and without them there wouldn't be a game. With that said, a non casher's best way to beat a casher is simply by outlvling him. To get ahead in this game, time is required. By dedicating a lot of time to the game, you will get your lvls and your gold to improve yourself. Ofcourse you will run into new cashers in the BG but you have to remember BG's are a playground to cashers. It's a place for cashers to show off their stuff. This will always be the case, it was before the patch and still is after the patch. Well, I guess my advice to all you non-cashers thinking of quitting is: don't get frustrated about not being able to compete with the cashers on your server, just improve as much as you can and eventually you will find, the gap between casher and non-casher will get closer.
            Well first off NO cashers no game is not true no CASHERS the game would still be here R2 makes money of you weather you pay or not so please stop thinking cashers keep the game alive when its not the truth.

            Secondly your right about everything else to a degree if the game continue like this then NO Cashers and non cashers will never get closer the gap will only grow and grow sad but true R2 greed has overtaken them.

            Originally posted by Tyresome View Post
            That brings me to the next subject of discussion. A lot of cashers thinking of quitting because of the prices of the stuff in the game. The most heard opinion on this is: Ã*t's too expensive and the gains are too little. First off I want to say, no one is pressuring you into buying anything, so sure not EVERYTHING. If you want to buy everything, that's your right but if you are a moderate casher like me few things suffice to compete. I agree some of the stuff sold is too expensive for what gain they give. The solution for this is simple, don't buy it, if you don't like it.
            your right no one forces them.

            But the reason the stuff ingame is overpriced is because of R2 GREED.

            The amount of Balens you get for your money has been decreased by R2 compared to the orignial version. But they did not DECRASE cost of items ingame.

            If you got the amount of balens for 5$ you would in the original version the the ingame prices would make alot more sense and actually be fair.

            But sadly they didn't GREED at its best.

            The fact they haven't given us the auctionhouse when they should claiming its bugged another proof.

            But no i am one of those non cashers who is close to leaving and when i leave that will cost another 100 leaving with me. Since some joined with me from another game we stick together, the rest liked our group so much they will follow with us if we leave.

            The new patch with tons of new bugs, including old bugs still here, no support, no fixes, greedy behavour, lies and bull from R2 kinda made many here tired, and it do not look like it will improve. And tbh if i don't quit first then one of those who followed with me might and that start the same lavine already said.

            Comment


            • #7
              17 kills, mvp -262 honor very fun
              Death comes when you hear the Banshee.....

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Littlelyseria View Post
                i suggest you stay lv59 til lord divine rank
                Can you reach LD at 59?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Tyresome View Post
                  I can see how non cashers are struggling with the starting rage from clothes but you can't expect to be a non casher and compete on the same lvl as cashers. If it was that way, there wouldn't be any cashers and without them there wouldn't be a game. With that said, a non casher's best way to beat a casher is simply by outlvling him. To get ahead in this game, time is required. By dedicating a lot of time to the game, you will get your lvls and your gold to improve yourself. Ofcourse you will run into new cashers in the BG but you have to remember BG's are a playground to cashers. It's a place for cashers to show off their stuff. This will always be the case, it was before the patch and still is after the patch. Well, I guess my advice to all you non-cashers thinking of quitting is: don't get frustrated about not being able to compete with the cashers on your server, just improve as much as you can and eventually you will find, the gap between casher and non-casher will get closer.
                  I'm a non-casher as well, and I am proud to tell that I can own the bg in my bracket (I'm level 47 now)... You are right, since I have no cash to spend in this game, time is what I spend here... You know, since the age of this technology, people have become, you know, "they want things quick, or else it will not be fun"... They have forgot the old long virtue of patience and have forgotten the lesson from the turtle who tried to race with the rabbit.

                  I saying this to everyone, that patience, time, and dedication will get you to what you want, whether in this game or in real life.... I have many experiences in life that proves that if I just do my thing, dedicate myself to it, and stop worrying (that they will left you behind, or you will be teased loser), then I get it... ... .... You know, after thinking about it, I would just feel amazed that I can do it... Now, another experience I got is in this game... I easily own the bg, (ok if you want real numbers, here: I mostly get approximately 19 kills, 900 honors per bg, most of the time mvp, cause there are also players who are stronger than me, but very very seldom)..... I have spent my time powering up my char, and although people in my server usually ridicule me and discouraged me, sometimes not noticing me, I still continue... Now, I am reaping my hard work... That is what I want to share to you..

                  Now, to those non-cashers who will risk their life to win in this game, I will say to you: You can do it... Only your mind can stop you from what you will get!!! My suggestion is take your time, strengthen your char even a little bit, little by little, and you will get there... You will also notice that the stronger you become, the easier it becomes to be much stronger, I can tell you that personally.

                  Let me tell you my char name: Fazz from S90, a US west server. See you there.

                  Happy gaming to those who chose not to quit.!
                  Last edited by BlueEarth; 03-02-2013, 11:34 PM.
                  If you think you are smart, then you are at the height of your stupidity.
                  -quoted from R.K.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by BlueEarth View Post
                    I'm a non-casher as well, and I am proud to tell that I can own the bg in my bracket (I'm level 47 now)... You are right, since I have no cash to spend in this game, time is what I spend here... You know, since the age of this technology, people have become, you know, "they want things quick, or else it will not be fun"... They have forgot the old long virtue of patience and have forgotten the lesson from the turtle who tried to race with the rabbit.

                    I saying this to everyone, that patience, time, and dedication will get you to what you want, whether in this game or in real life.... I have many experiences in life that proves that if I just do my thing, dedicate myself to it, and stop worrying (that they will left you behind, or you will be teased loser), then I get it... ... .... You know, after thinking about it, I would just feel amazed that I can do it... Now, another experience I got is in this game... I easily own the bg, (ok if you want real numbers, here: I mostly get approximately 19 kills, 900 honors per bg, most of the time mvp, cause there are also players who are stronger than me, but very very seldom)..... I have spent my time powering up my char, and although people in my server usually ridicule me and discouraged me, sometimes not noticing me, I still continue... Now, I am reaping my hard work... That is what I want to share to you..

                    Now, to those non-cashers who will risk their life to win in this game, I will say to you: You can do it... Only your mind can stop you from what you will get!!! My suggestion is take your time, strengthen your char even a little bit, little by little, and you will get there... You will also notice that the stronger you become, the easier it becomes to be much stronger, I can tell you that personally.

                    Let me tell you my char name: Fazz from S90, a US west server. See you there.

                    Happy gaming to those who chose not to quit.!

                    You see, not all non-cashers have the time to actually level up their characters. It's more on enjoying the game rather than the competition on being the stronger one, though the competition is part of the game. It's more about your perspective.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by BlueEarth View Post
                      I'm a non-casher as well, and I am proud to tell that I can own the bg in my bracket (I'm level 47 now)... You are right, since I have no cash to spend in this game, time is what I spend here... You know, since the age of this technology, people have become, you know, "they want things quick, or else it will not be fun"... They have forgot the old long virtue of patience and have forgotten the lesson from the turtle who tried to race with the rabbit.

                      I saying this to everyone, that patience, time, and dedication will get you to what you want, whether in this game or in real life.... I have many experiences in life that proves that if I just do my thing, dedicate myself to it, and stop worrying (that they will left you behind, or you will be teased loser), then I get it... ... .... You know, after thinking about it, I would just feel amazed that I can do it... Now, another experience I got is in this game... I easily own the bg, (ok if you want real numbers, here: I mostly get approximately 19 kills, 900 honors per bg, most of the time mvp, cause there are also players who are stronger than me, but very very seldom)..... I have spent my time powering up my char, and although people in my server usually ridicule me and discouraged me, sometimes not noticing me, I still continue... Now, I am reaping my hard work... That is what I want to share to you..

                      Now, to those non-cashers who will risk their life to win in this game, I will say to you: You can do it... Only your mind can stop you from what you will get!!! My suggestion is take your time, strengthen your char even a little bit, little by little, and you will get there... You will also notice that the stronger you become, the easier it becomes to be much stronger, I can tell you that personally.

                      Let me tell you my char name: Fazz from S90, a US west server. See you there.

                      Happy gaming to those who chose not to quit.!
                      thats good if you will stay at 40-49 forever but i doubt your not, unless you only do BG/Arena everyday.. no mpd,catacombs,bounty quest, guild chamber tree or anything that gives you exp. because once you enter the 50-59 range of bg and you participate with high rank and you get killed 1x of higher lvl with lower rank than yours, opps -400 honor loss

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by R26341559 View Post
                        You see, not all non-cashers have the time to actually level up their characters. It's more on enjoying the game rather than the competition on being the stronger one, though the competition is part of the game. It's more about your perspective.
                        `
                        +1... I know that for sure. It is more on enjoying the game, and that is what I do!


                        Originally posted by jigscen View Post
                        thats good if you will stay at 40-49 forever but i doubt your not, unless you only do BG/Arena everyday.. no mpd,catacombs,bounty quest, guild chamber tree or anything that gives you exp. because once you enter the 50-59 range of bg and you participate with high rank and you get killed 1x of higher lvl with lower rank than yours, opps -400 honor loss
                        Lol... Of course, I will not stay at that 40-49 level... And I the whole time until I reached my current level, I was doing BG, Arena, mpd (all 3 attempts are always used, and I'm proud to tell you that I have completed the Legend 40 set, without using any cash, I cannot say how happy I am of it in words, cause I got it by hard work), catacomb up to level 80 (I have pretty good gems socketed)... And I am able to get 95 devotion everyday. I have thought a lot of ways how to get all the loots of the game without getting their exp.

                        Now about what you said when I get to level 50... Of course, I know that for sure, and I know that for a long time, I have even think worst case scenario than what you have said... So I have already made a plan how to overcome that... I already made 3 plans, and still thinking for a fourth one on how to survive being the newbie level 50 char, in case those 3 plans won't work.

                        Of course, my plans require time, so most people who will know this will just reject it (and will try to rebut and discourage me), cause like what I have said, since the age of this technology, people have become, you know, "they want things quick, or else it will not be fun"... People have been immersed in media about successful and great people and want to be like them 'immediately'... The delayed gratification is something most people will 'think' very displeasing, cause that was our human nature adaptation went through in this age.

                        You know, there are skilled people who can do things fast, but since I am not that one, the best for me is to take it slowly. I believe this advice is for everyone who are not fortunate to have wealth to improve in the game...

                        I see that people here are mostly focusing on the problem... For me, I am focusing on the solution to the problem. I hope everyone will get something from this.
                        If you think you are smart, then you are at the height of your stupidity.
                        -quoted from R.K.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by BlueEarth View Post
                          I'm a non-casher as well, and I am proud to tell that I can own the bg in my bracket (I'm level 47 now)... You are right, since I have no cash to spend in this game, time is what I spend here... You know, since the age of this technology, people have become, you know, "they want things quick, or else it will not be fun"... They have forgot the old long virtue of patience and have forgotten the lesson from the turtle who tried to race with the rabbit.

                          I saying this to everyone, that patience, time, and dedication will get you to what you want, whether in this game or in real life.... I have many experiences in life that proves that if I just do my thing, dedicate myself to it, and stop worrying (that they will left you behind, or you will be teased loser), then I get it... ... .... You know, after thinking about it, I would just feel amazed that I can do it... Now, another experience I got is in this game... I easily own the bg, (ok if you want real numbers, here: I mostly get approximately 19 kills, 900 honors per bg, most of the time mvp, cause there are also players who are stronger than me, but very very seldom)..... I have spent my time powering up my char, and although people in my server usually ridicule me and discouraged me, sometimes not noticing me, I still continue... Now, I am reaping my hard work... That is what I want to share to you..

                          Now, to those non-cashers who will risk their life to win in this game, I will say to you: You can do it... Only your mind can stop you from what you will get!!! My suggestion is take your time, strengthen your char even a little bit, little by little, and you will get there... You will also notice that the stronger you become, the easier it becomes to be much stronger, I can tell you that personally.

                          Let me tell you my char name: Fazz from S90, a US west server. See you there.

                          Happy gaming to those who chose not to quit.!
                          Problem is for a non casher the following:

                          1. You don't have the extra mounts = alot of stats loss
                          2. No access to wings and cloth = No start rage but from PVP set until you change to PVE, no buff to all stats another set back.
                          3. No access to lvl 6 - 8 gems, and if your one of those classes using gems not meant for your class then the gem version 5 - 8 of that version.

                          Those 3 ALONE is a heavy heavy GAP that not even over time would you be able to overcome.

                          I mean the mounts alone they have access (including the pig btw in these numbers) to that you do not is +250 to all main stats = Armor (+1k MDEF and PDEF), Strenght (+1k PATK and +250 PDEF), Intelligence (+1k MATK and +250 MDEF) and Endurance (+5k HP). Total gain = +1.250 MDEF and PDEF, +1k PATK, +1k MATK and +5K HP.

                          If your one of those who didn't get the reindear when you had the chance (not knowing if it comes back) which can be bought now, can add to that against you as a non paying player who didn't get it: +35 to all stats thats another: Armor (+140 MDEF and PDEF), Strenght (+140 PATK and +35 PDEF), Intelligence (+140 MATK and +35 MDEF), Endurance (+700 HP).

                          That alone bring a grand total of: +1.425 MDEF and PDEF, +1.140k PATK, +1.140k MATK and +5.700K HP.

                          That you as a non casher don't get. Lets say you get legendary grear socket thats 4 gem slots but your best gem is 176, lvl 8 gem gives Not sure actually never had one but if lvl 6 gives 220 not taking HP in count btw you kinda get the point and even if you like them have same gem bonus from soul crystals will you on lvl 20 with 40% bonus still see what i mean: 176 your best gem = +70,4 buuut 220 = +88 and thats just their lvl 6 gem they have 2 more lvls to go. Thats 17,6 more to that stat, now lets see if you use that gem in all your gear it will become 105,6 more than you alone. Now imagen if they have lvl 8 gems how much difference they then get.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            IM A NON-CASHIER, AND MY PLEASURE IS KILLING CASHIERS!... YOU JUST NEED SOME BRAIN TO DO SO.. :P

                            S6-Dusking Arena
                            Knight-lvl61 45k br! IM GENIUS!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by kiravsl View Post
                              IM A NON-CASHIER, AND MY PLEASURE IS KILLING CASHIERS!... YOU JUST NEED SOME BRAIN TO DO SO.. :P

                              S6-Dusking Arena
                              Knight-lvl61 45k br! IM GENIUS!
                              Kir you try killing a online HEAVY spending casher with Cloth max LVL, Wings MAX lvl, All mounts plus MAX XP to the mounts stats and GEMS lvl 8 with your lvl 5 gems and 4 gems plus lack of wings, mounts and cloth.

                              The fact is you will really have a hard time standing a chance against a HEAVY casher when everything on them is MAXed out and even when yours is due to the fact i mentioned above the mounts alone is a bonus you can't compare to the gems increase it even further.

                              Yes you can win if your lucky and play it right i don't question that but fighting someone offline and say yay i beat them is not beating them due to how the game works. No BEAT them fighting them live and we can talk.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X