• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kastergir
    replied
    Hmmm....still engaging huh?

I mostly editing typos out of my posts.

You make me smile how you conveniently ignore what I showed you on the previous page...which is you dont hesitate to argue based on assumptions, and you dont hesitate to contradict yourelves. Youre making it even better now, coming back and defending your style.

Hence, my question stands: whats the point in arguing with you ? Obviously, you need a really elaborate 2 pages long conversation to be able to reproduce what you have written in this Thread before...as if I hadnt read it.

Why do I still keep on posting ? Cos it amuses me tbh .

Apart from that, the conversation with you is not very fruitfull in regards to what I see as a problem with the System which is, even if you are a peacefull player who doesnt rly care much about honor in BGs, mainly go there for the boxes ( read : chests, cos its earned in BGs...) and Quest, you will loose a lot of honor rly fast on occasion if youre ranked Crusader . And your chances of making that honor back in the same BG are more than slim . Which will ultimatly lead to less and less people playing BGs. Why?

Because if I - who has nice BR and all - can be made loose honor rly simple and fast, what is going to happen to NonCashplayers when they hit Crusader...at last ? The Elite Warriors hunting THEM will not need 40, 50% Dryads or more...possibly, 20, 30% will suffice - maybe even less or none at all . And then the NonCash/little cash Crusader will be down 200 honor ( or even extremely MUCH more if not high lvl VIP ), honor which they have possibly worked much harder for than the Cash Elite Warrior that just killed them,

You understand the problem now?
    Last edited by Kastergir; 03-05-2013, 11:13 AM.

Leave a comment:

• KnowingEyes7
    replied
    Originally posted by Kastergir View Post
    Rofl.

I prooved youre working with assumptions as it pleases you, contradicting yourself as a result . Was easy. At least, I got a laugh out of all this in the end .
    At the time, I had to guess at which 'box' you meant. I took it to mean 'mark' and proceeded with that. It was all based on the ambiguous 'box' statement.

It's ironic that you keep stating, "why argue with me" yet you continue to do so - and even attempt to dissect and splice together my remarks.

Lastly, editing your own posts so many times makes it difficult to follow.

Enjoy your BGs.

Leave a comment:

• iebayedmyskillz
    replied
    Rofl.

I prooved youre working with assumptions as it pleases you, contradicting yourself as a result . Was easy. At least, I got a laugh out of all this in the end .
    It makes you laugh too? Man I should have just spent more time on the forums instead of in game

Leave a comment:

• Kastergir
    replied
    Rofl.

Leave a comment:

• KnowingEyes7
    replied
    This is becoming ridiculous. You are pulling sentences out of context...I meant the BattleGround Boxes of course. You "could" have noticed that if you had had paid attention to context. Not a single word in my whole entire post about PvP points, or those boxes.

Again: whats the point of arguin with you?
    If you meant "chests", state as such. You were the one being ambiguous. "Boxes" could mean either.

I won't engage further. Enjoy BGs.

Leave a comment:

• Kastergir
    replied
    Originally posted by KnowingEyes7 View Post
    "People who simply enjoyed playing it, and were happy with the Rewards from boxes will stop joining, therefore also being locked out of the Boxes rewards."

I care to. Notice the bolded part. You are claiming players will be locked out of "boxes". I have no idea if you meant "chests" or "marks" as both dispense rewards.

What are your "little details"? I am giving you concrete responses (most definitely not assumptions) and yet you continue to throw out vague aspects of your argument. I am asking you, what are your details? All I see is a complaint about honor loss... which I addressed. Additionally, you didn't state your character level or server either.
    This is becoming ridiculous. You are pulling sentences out of context...I meant the BattleGround Boxes of course. You "could" have noticed that if you had had paid attention to context. Not a single word in my whole entire post about PvP points, or those boxes.

"You are claiming players will be locked out of "boxes". I have no idea if you meant "chests" or "marks" as both dispense rewards." <- THIS makes it funny though, since one post bfore your last, you state "You complained about the mark system which is emphatically untrue as all you need is 1,000 CS PvP points for it - and as of now IIRC, multiple stacks of 1K points do NOT give more marks."

Hows that for assumptions? One post, you state an assumption to empahsize you. Next post, you yourself write you have no Idea what I meant rly - contradicting your previous statement.

Again: whats the point of arguing with you?
    Last edited by Kastergir; 03-05-2013, 10:35 AM.

Leave a comment:

• KnowingEyes7
    replied
    Care quote me where I did do that?

Btw., I dont rly need to counter. You throw out more assumptions just to emphasize your point. You ingore little details of what I write. I am not to be treated in a template way, so again: whats the point in arguing with you?
    "People who simply enjoyed playing it, and were happy with the Rewards from boxes will stop joining, therefore also being locked out of the Boxes rewards."

I care to. Notice the bolded part. You are claiming players will be locked out of "boxes". I have no idea if you meant "chests" or "marks" as both dispense rewards.

What are your "little details"? I am giving you concrete responses (most definitely not assumptions) and yet you continue to throw out vague aspects of your argument. I am asking you, what are your details? All I see is a complaint about honor loss... which I addressed. Additionally, you didn't state your character level or server either.

Leave a comment:

• Kastergir
    replied
    You complained about the mark system which is emphatically untrue as all you need is 1,000 CS PvP points for it - and as of now IIRC, multiple stacks of 1K points do NOT give more marks.
    Care quote me where I did do that?

Btw., I dont rly need to counter. You throw out more assumptions just to emphasize your point. You ingore little details of what I write. I am not to be treated in a template way, so again: whats the point in arguing with you?
    Last edited by Kastergir; 03-05-2013, 10:07 AM.

Leave a comment:

• KnowingEyes7
    replied
    "Say a prayer for righteous bullets" [Terence Trent d'Arby - If you all go to Heaven]

You win. Happy now ? I mean, I mentioned above: whats the point in arguing with you?
    ...Because you cannot counter. Your primary complaint, as is the majority of players who complain about this, is the honor loss. The problem is, you and those others have *benefited* from the reverse of this when you/all were low in honor. It as if you want the benefits and but none of the drawbacks that go along with it. It doesn't work that way. You can elect not to BG and wait for other players (read: the average/mean) to rise so that you have an easier time gaining more honor.

You complained about the mark system which is emphatically untrue as all you need is 1,000 CS PvP points for it - and as of now IIRC, multiple stacks of 1K points do NOT give more marks.

So, again, you have to find ways to work for you that are out of your comfort zone. I am not happy - as this is the system and I have to abide by it as do you.

Leave a comment:

• Kastergir
    replied
    "Say a prayer for righteous bullets" [Terence Trent d'Arby - If you all go to Heaven]

You win. Happy now ?

I mean, I mentioned above: whats the point in arguing with you? Your using any assumption necessary , as well as misinterpretation of whats being written to make your point so: You win.

Ill just say "You win", knowing you misunderstood, and simply not play BGs anymore.

p.s: neither do you know what I want, nor have I been on the lower end of the Totem pole much on my Server. I havent used DryadStacking...as soon as I learend whats going on in BGs, I got my strength up, and played as I described above.
    Last edited by Kastergir; 03-05-2013, 09:57 AM.

Leave a comment:

• KnowingEyes7
    replied
    Good to know I was correct in you either not reading what I wrote, or not understanding it...it was the second.

I dont mind moving up in honor in BGs much. If that was my main concern, id have been a SerialKiller in Server BGs and make 1-2k per BGs, as many others.

My complaint is the Honor LOSS. Which you have failed to address. Im just not going to play BGs anymore because it ecnourages people to make me LOOSE honor - and rly fast at that - much more than it rewards my playing style with gaining honor. The relation is seriously out of whack.

Id be more than happy getting 2 kills for quest, cart most of the time and here and there knocking the occasional serial killer, just to make em pay a bit for what they do to the other players the whole time. THAT has become impossible, simply cos Im a prime Target for Dryadhunters, and once Im killed once or twice by one of those, making THAT loss back - hence coming out at +/- honor - is very close to impossible. Seems you missed all that in my post entirely by dissecting it sentence for sentence...
    I have addressed it yet I will reiterate.

According to your own statements, you are in the upper tier of honor ranks/numerical ranks. This means players will be rewarded with more honor for a win than they will lose for a loss. The reverse is true for you. Therefore, you have to be far more cautious. This is the 'rubber band' effect of the honor system. When you were the low man on the totem pole insofar as honor went, I bet you didn't mind getting nice chunks of it when you were killing. When you were defeated, you lost little. Now that the reverse is true, you complain. You just cannot wander around and aimlessly kill. Carting might be off limits for you. You have something others want and will be targeted.

Again, I stated all this. You, and others, want some kind of a mitigation so you can freely climb honor levels. That may happen, or it may not (not as of 1.61 CHN) - but as it stands if you want to keep doing the status quo and losing (or not gaining fast enough?), by all means.

Leave a comment:

• Kastergir
    replied
    Good to know I was correct in you either not reading what I wrote, or not understanding it...it was the second.

I dont mind moving up in honor in BGs much. If that was my main concern, id have been a SerialKiller in Server BGs and make 1-2k per BGs, as many others.

My complaint is the Honor LOSS. Which you have failed to address. Im just not going to play BGs anymore because it ecnourages people to make me LOOSE honor - and rly fast at that - much more than it rewards my playing style with gaining honor. The relation is seriously out of whack.

Id be more than happy getting 2 kills for quest, cart most of the time and here and there knocking the occasional serial killer, just to make em pay a bit for what they do to the other players the whole time. THAT has become impossible, simply cos Im a prime Target for Dryadhunters, and once Im killed once or twice by one of those, making THAT loss back - hence coming out at +/- honor - is very close to impossible. Seems you missed all that in my post entirely by dissecting it sentence for sentence...
    Last edited by Kastergir; 03-05-2013, 09:38 AM.

Leave a comment:

• KnowingEyes7
    replied
    You responded, but not in a way that encourages further talks. Only rebuttals. Hence my reply. Im far away from "taking llittle shots"...just mentioning what I notice. Also noticed that in the other thread youre mentioning . I dont know what is funny about people agreeing when they are agreeing, and disagreeing when they are not. Also, doesnt change my perception of how you argue.

The "BT" was a typo, I edited that . I think you were typing your reply when I did that.
    Off topic. I'm still waiting for your rebuttal regarding my response regarding your difficult time moving up in honor.

Leave a comment:

• Kastergir
    replied
    What did I not take into consideration? I responded to each part of your post.

The honor system is apparently designed to be a rubber band of sorts. Provided a player has average BR (you stated BT?), lower honor tiered players will have a much easier time to gain honor, average tiered players will have an average ability to gain honor and, the section you fall into, the player with 'high' honor rank will have a difficult time in gaining honor.

By the way, you didn't have a problem with me agreeing with your post in another thread. Because I dissent, you now take little shots at me that have nothing to do with your point at large. Funny, eh?
    You responded, but not in a way that encourages further talks. Only rebuttals. Hence my reply. Im far away from "taking llittle shots"...just mentioning what I notice. Also noticed that in the other thread youre mentioning . I dont know what is funny about people agreeing when they are agreeing, and disagreeing when they are not. Also, doesnt change my perception of how you argue. Seems to me you do it to "win", not to discuss a point.

The "BT" was a typo, I edited that . I think you were typing your reply when I did that.
    Last edited by Kastergir; 03-05-2013, 09:13 AM.

Leave a comment:

• KnowingEyes7
    replied
    Either you havent read half of what I wrote, or you misunderstood it. I notice you like to asume a position in a convesation where you can dominate the convo, as well as where it looks like your points are not debateable. You actually do not respond to what people post, but only produce and promote your own understanding. Whats the point in debating with you?
    What did I not take into consideration? I responded to each part of your post.

The honor system is apparently designed to be a rubber band of sorts. Provided a player has average BR (you stated BT?), lower honor tiered players will have a much easier time to gain honor, average tiered players will have an average ability to gain honor and, the section you fall into, the player with 'high' honor rank will have a difficult time in gaining honor.

By the way, you didn't have a problem with me agreeing with your post in another thread. Because I dissent, you now take little shots at me that have nothing to do with your point at large. Funny, eh?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X