Losing points in bg is unfair...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ♥wiLdheart
    started a topic Losing points in bg is unfair...

Losing points in bg is unfair...

Player who kills a lot in BG got only a little points but when you killed by others you lost 400point or more..i think its unfair coz all points i am taking is useless coz of 1 kill..this is so UNFAIR since we cannot use pots on BG..

• Zaaqen
    replied
    Ive said this before, but anyone who doesn't believe that the honor system is terrible is just being thickheaded. The honor system is only in place the way it is to encourage high level VIP. That's it.

With the recent changes they've made sure everything was on more even grounds so higher kill to death ratios was harder to get, but they didn't alter how much honor was lost per death. If you want to try to argue that that's a good system, I don't want to hear your argument. We all just have to deal with the terrible system because it makes them a lot of money.

Leave a comment:

• dwmedia
    replied
    You littly points you get is becouse you kill one lower honors or close to the same if you kill someone some its alot higre honors that you gain more. I Got arount 300 honors frome one kill once before. My base honors is 50 i think or 59 per kills if i kill some close to me or lesser, and if you die frome one mutch higre honors people you lose maby 1 or 5 honors.

Leave a comment:

• Margol
    replied
    Originally posted by ♥wiLdheart View Post
    Player who kills a lot in BG got only a little points but when you killed by others you lost 400point or more..i think its unfair coz all points i am taking is useless coz of 1 kill..this is so UNFAIR since we cannot use pots on BG..
    here is a suggestion .... reduce the bonus honor gain to around 50 max instead of hundreds, will give losers a chance to gain back some if not all honor lost and will not unfairly punish the high level chars

Leave a comment:

• KnowingEyes7
    replied
    Originally posted by Oxykotton View Post
    You are going to be taking a risk every time you fight someone with a lower rank that you.
    This is the issue. You're lowering your odds.

Leave a comment:

• Oxykotton
    replied
    Originally posted by GingerTheHutt View Post
    I'm an elite crusader too. level 47. I get targeted by lots in my bracket too. I very rarely attack people purposely (the BG quests week withstanding).

I don't lose thousands of honour a day as I have taken my time with my build. I have attacked precisely 2 people (both accidental misclicks) since since the 1.5 patch. I have made upwards of 5k honour since the patch came in.
    Are you in the 60-69 range? Idk how the 50-59 or 70+ brackets are like but i assure you that 60-69 it is virtually impossible to choose who to fight and who not to. You are going to be taking a risk every time you fight someone with a lower rank that you. When the battle ground is full with only crusaders and elite warriors. Idk what are you doing different but I assure you my build is built correctly. Not trying to boast here but in my server im the number 1 player s41. I am a decent knight and I don't farm lowbies in BGs when it was prepatch. So no it isn't my build that's messing me up. It's dealing with players on dryad boost which is impossible to counter. Which is why it needs to be revamped or something. Since the honor loss is too great and getting to vip 9 is impossible to do so with out spending thousands of dollars.

Leave a comment:

• GingerTheHutt
    replied
    Originally posted by Oxykotton View Post
    Impossible to do so when 90% of the battle is filled with lvl 60-69 which are still elite warriors and crusaders. Also don't judge that all high rank players were bullies to the low ranks players. I myself Never bullied anyone but since im elite crusader they go straight after me. Its hard to who to avoid and who not to avoid when most people are lower rank than you. You make it sound like it's so easy to do so. Wonder what rank you bc if you are Elite crusader or up and still in the 60-69 bracket then I am sure you be having a fit as well losing thousands of honor a day. Idk about the 70+ bracket. I myself going level up and hopefully see there be less low rank players in that bracket. All I see now is elite warriors and crusaders in the 60-69 bracket. It's like they waited for this patch on purpose to start to do BG. How can you be elite warrior and crusader still at lvl 60? Even if you BG'd a few times per week im sure you would get some rank ups due to GB and such.
    I'm an elite crusader too. level 47. I get targeted by lots in my bracket too. I very rarely attack people purposely (the BG quests week withstanding).

I don't lose thousands of honour a day as I have taken my time with my build. I have attacked precisely 2 people (both accidental misclicks) since since the 1.5 patch. I have made upwards of 5k honour since the patch came in.

Leave a comment:

• Oxykotton
    replied
    Karma is such a bi.tch... especially when she favours a weaker player than yourself...

time to learn how to avoid those battles again and how to remember who has dryads or not...
    Impossible to do so when 90% of the battle is filled with lvl 60-69 which are still elite warriors and crusaders. Also don't judge that all high rank players were bullies to the low ranks players. I myself Never bullied anyone but since im elite crusader they go straight after me. Its hard to who to avoid and who not to avoid when most people are lower rank than you. You make it sound like it's so easy to do so. Wonder what rank you bc if you are Elite crusader or up and still in the 60-69 bracket then I am sure you be having a fit as well losing thousands of honor a day. Idk about the 70+ bracket. I myself going level up and hopefully see there be less low rank players in that bracket. All I see now is elite warriors and crusaders in the 60-69 bracket. It's like they waited for this patch on purpose to start to do BG. How can you be elite warrior and crusader still at lvl 60? Even if you BG'd a few times per week im sure you would get some rank ups due to GB and such.
    Last edited by Oxykotton; 03-04-2013, 11:11 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Ashanie
    replied
    the points lost in bg is bad im pretty much always on honor scroll that make me gain 118 per kill but normally il get 2-3kills before im killed lol so that gain 300 and lose 400 but i have np with that i could of carted and gained 200 for heal or suicide on guard u only lose 200.the prob i have is lower ranks with dryads coming after me i myself im in 60-69 gb 55kbr and i only kill ppl that on 3+ streaks or atleast knight crusdaers but if im killing someone below that i make sure they get their crystals first....so when a crusdaer or elite warrior stacked up on dryads comes out the blue and attacks me..i get ****** cause i generally avoid them in the first placce...my point is i think the ppl that get dryads should go attack whoever gave them dryads.

Leave a comment:

• GingerTheHutt
    replied
    Karma is such a bi.tch... especially when she favours a weaker player than yourself...

time to learn how to avoid those battles again and how to remember who has dryads or not...

Leave a comment:

• Hyorinmaru6
    replied
    Guys

200 points = restore health

if you really kill alot then 200 is easy

also

the lowbie can't kill you without dyrad

i personally don't use pots or scrolls ..... ever and the only time i use it is when i come out of guild battle of the final round or unless i am coming out of the crypts

all i do is kill and run carts in BG and then once i am low on HP and might probably get killed by a lowbie

i use the points to restore my health which kinda assures my survival

since points is NOT PVP points or honor points but just the BG points i don't need to worry and i can use it as many times as i please

and since the only thing thats gonna drop from those points is BG rank i don't need to worry about the cross server ranking

Also WickedSilk u do know its a battleground made for PVP right

agreed the crystal collectors should also be supported but in a battleground there is bound to be a mass killing spree and everyone just don't want to lose anything so everyone hits anyone which results in even the miners such as you and me ending up as road kill or battleground kill or whatever kill you wanna call it

on my part i think your idea will be very effective and its a very good suggestion but i am pretty sure it will not happen ATLEAST not now

why?

it removes the point of VIP lvl 9 which gives you NO HONOR LOSS regardless of who your fighting and also of VIP lvl 5 and above which decreases your honor loss

so i am pretty sure r2 is not gonna implement it anytime soon

Also one more thing you need to know is

your minimum honor loss is 10 points but you only loss more when you get killed by a person who has lower honor points or rank than yourself so if they have the same honor rank or higher honor points than yourself then u will either less or u will only lose the minimum honor loss mark
    Last edited by Hyorinmaru6; 03-04-2013, 07:34 AM.

Leave a comment:

• WickedSilk
    replied
    What I think OP's problem is:

1. Elite Warriors, Crusaders and some Knight Crusaders are in the same BG. Knight Crusaders+ are in the same BG.
    2. You need 10 kills from people of your own rank (so, harassing them all day) to get the honor you lose from 1 death from a lower rank.
    3. When fighting people of lower ranks you should have a chance of winning better than 90% to solve this, but currently it's about 60%. Meaning, in the long run, on average, you'll lose a lot of honor in the BG UNLESS you harass the lowest BR all day. Taking into account that you'll be farmed by higher BR, getting honor for ranks 6+ got really hard.

From what I saw, not everyone has these problems, but then this happens:

Yesterday I lost about 600 honor, simply because Elite Warriors hunted me. I actually lost over 100 honor from some crusaders too, and I don't know how nor why. So in the last BG I tried to get a kill on a knight crusader to get at least some honor. I got 5 deaths for the dryad, and the BG ended as I was killing the guy. And all I was left with was a lot of minuses.

But what happens to people who target weaklings, and how I explain this:

Elite Warriors get picked on really often. They don't really care who do they kill with their dryad's bonus, as long as it's a Crusader, to get the "revenge" for what some other Crusader did to them. And naturally, they pick a random person, someone who perhaps didn't kill a single person in the BG - because that person carries the crystals around and is an easy target while the "guilty" ones attack other weaker targets. Similarly, agressive players get kills, buff the weaker players and then AFK or attack others not to get killed. The result is: agressive players get honor, lower ranks get honor. Crystal collectors and actually fair players (who fight their own rank, don't harass a single player, but fight all of them and so on) lose honor, or at best, don't gain much.

What I'd propose as a solution to this:

A new rule to determine how much honor is lost or gained from a battle.

Gaining honor:
    Killing people 2-4 ranks lower grants Y=X/4 honor.
    Killing people 1 rank lower than you grants Y=X/2 honor.
    Killing people of your own rank grants Y=X honor.
    Killing people 1 rank higher than you grants Y=3X/2 honor.
    Killing people 2+ ranks higher than you grants Y=2X honor.
    Killing people on a spree grants Z=kY where k is a factor calculated based on the length of the killing spree. k should range from 2 to 5.
    Maximum honor gained per battle is 200.
    X here is the default amount of honor gained for killing a person of your own rank. Y is the amount of honor gained from killing a person without a spree. Z is the amount of honor gained for ending a spree.

Losing honor:
    Getting killed by people 2-4 ranks lower than you loses Y=4X honor.
    Getting killed by people 1 rank lower than you loses Y=2X honor.
    Getting killed by people of your own rank loses Y=X honor.
    Getting killed by people of higher ranks loses Y=X/2 honor.
    Getting killed by people on a losing spree (with the dryad buff) loses you less honor, Z = kY where k is a factor based on the amount of bonuses. k should range from 0.25 to 1 and should decrease as the buff increases.

Even with this said, I think that right now the honor system works rather well, forcing players to be a part of a bloodbath every time they want honor. Which is okay, because this is a battleground and that's what battlegrounds are for.

What do you think? Would this help? Does it make any sense at all?

Addendum:

Not being able to enter the earliest BG could be a problem. Most of the strong people collect during the first 2 BG and just come to kill everyone during the other BG. They lose some cross server points, but after they have 1000 they don't really mind. I think that this is an additional problem that needs to be looked into.
    Last edited by WickedSilk; 03-04-2013, 03:25 AM. Reason: Addendum added

Leave a comment:

• davehawk
    replied
    you can even use endurance potion (HP), I hv used them

Leave a comment:

• Oxykotton
    replied
    or toughen up and take your losses in the manner you hand them out?

you kill lots, have a nice honour title and you lose a lot when you get killed... the game has always been like this...
    Honestly, It is a bit annoying now. Before you had bullies of higher rank chase down the lowbies and just farm them. Now it is worse. It is worse because lower ranks get dryad on purpose and purposely go after the higher ranks. There's no way you can defend yourself from someone with dryad. No matter how many pots or scrolls you will most likely lose. At least when people farmed the lowbies the lowbies didn't lose any honor due to not being crusader most likely. Now the honor loss is big ridiculous. I think they need to revamp it or take out all together. If no fix this is just going to force people to not even go in BG anymore. Either fix it or revamp the dryad blessing you get. Make it only 10% dryad at max instead of stacking it.

Leave a comment:

• GingerTheHutt
    replied
    or toughen up and take your losses in the manner you hand them out?

you kill lots, have a nice honour title and you lose a lot when you get killed... the game has always been like this...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X