Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Complaint against excessive cost of balens and limitations in game.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Complaint against excessive cost of balens and limitations in game.

Hello All,
    1):
    It has been since long that i'am playing wartune, and i would make a thread for players who can't afford to pay 50-60$ for an horse, or for upgrading wings, clothes and so on.
    During the past months this game becomes more and more expensive in a way that it is ridiculous even more if you compare it with other games on the net such as WoW and many others...
    I would propose to lower the price of balens to be more reasonable for example you have imvu, they make a lot of money but its affordable you can have 10 000 credits for 10$ 1$= 1000.
    Now i will also explain something to the devs of this game and managers that is: there might be thousand players in the world willing to pay your balens at the actuall rate, but if you lower them as i said before there will be more players more buyers, and at the end u will have 100 000 people spending a bit for more pleasure and you will earn more money thats a simple fact.
    More and more players are unhappy to see a few people per server getting everything cause they are rich, and the rest just crawl at their feet.
    A game should be a game you do it to have a good time, meet people on the net, not to ruin yourself or your bank account.
    VIP is not bad although it could be cheaper as well.
    Extend voucher shop and put at-least the gem synthesize scrolls.
    2):
    The daily limit on multiplayer dungeon should be changed to unlimited, many low players are complaining that the higher players don't help them cause they didn't do their runs, so if it is unlimitted they will not have an excuse.
    The daily limit of the catacombs should be atleast 2, 1 is ridiculous and it takes players for ever to gather tokens especially without the key.
    Battleground is still unbalanced.
    I heard there was the same complaining in Asia and in order to not lose a lot of players here i would recommend you to take note of this.
    If you see and i know you devs must be aware of it, that there are 70% of the people who give up around level 30-50 that has to be for a reason, now the main reasons i exposed above.
    With all my due respect, thanks for understanding and have a great day!

I will comment on multiplayer dungeon. It should not and MUST NOT be unlimited. A Demon Temple Run nets you about 1million exp (with scroll). With unlimited runs, players who have a lot of time on their hands will get like 50million a day from these runs. These players would level their holyseal like crazy. Do you like being stunned like there's no tomorrow?

Crypt runs should stay at 1. Content of the game is coming out slowly. If you get all items easily, you will run out of things to do/play. You will get bored and quit.
    Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
    [No longer logging in]

Comment

Commenting on the "Things are coming out slowly... If you run out of things to do you will get bored"
      i was wondering why cant non casher players get clothes from campaigns or MP dungeons? And apparently 99% of games are about money so there is a slim chance they are going to change much regarding that tho they could try to upgrade those things that might give players who pay nothing an edge of advantage, for example the farm, which has a limit of...9 plos? i remember getting my farm to lvl 38 or so and i still had 9 plots Q_Q
      (Btw if clothes were for fashion reasons they wouldnt allow a team to finish the battle at the first trike in multiplayer pvp)
      Meow meow moew moew meow meow meow meow meow, I'm a kitty cat.

Comment

There will be always advantages for players who play more than the others i think thats normal, to my opinion somebody who plays a lot should been better than somebody who does not its logical, also yeah maybe if it was unlimited you'd get less exp. It has to be think over and over to see what brings the best balance in game, for now there is no balance, the game becomes an heavy cash game, there is no more strategy, only the one rules who spend a lot (there is one on my server he spends 300$+/month) only one person on my server can allow himself to pay that , this post is for people who wanna pay but not those ridiculous amount of money, it has to be fair in order that even people with low salary can get cool stuff.
        And i'm agree with your idea Irunin, they have to calm down on the money aspect, or the game will die slowly...
        Also for your information after a massive complaint in Asia they changed things, so i wish that a lot of players express their voices and make change things for the best of a prosperous community. If this continues u will have less and less active players per server (thats why they merge more and more servers together) and its pity to see people we like to leave the game for the reasons above...

Comment

I agree with everything, the game need a better balance and should be reduced the prize of balens or have an alternative way to get clothes, mounts, etc...because not everyone has possibles to waste so much money, the game at the moment is kinda for rich people, new updates are all about cash, obviously noone is forced to waste their money but people need a chance to can get the stuff that is too expensive for them. Many people is disappointed with the changes and what the game became, this is bad for Wartune, you'll lose more players everyday.
          About the dungeons and catacomb runs, I heard rumours about Asia having more runs in both, I think that's not fair for the others regions/servers, shouldn't we all have equal runs and others aspects? More runs would help people and lower levels would get more help, would be good for the community of this game, become more helpfull, could always reduce the exp amount or rewards, I don't know, just make it fair not just for some.
          Currently I only play in the game "Shadowbound"

Comment

Originally posted by CondorHero View Post
            I will comment on multiplayer dungeon. It should not and MUST NOT be unlimited. A Demon Temple Run nets you about 1million exp (with scroll). With unlimited runs, players who have a lot of time on their hands will get like 50million a day from these runs. These players would level their holyseal like crazy. Do you like being stunned like there's no tomorrow?

Crypt runs should stay at 1. Content of the game is coming out slowly. If you get all items easily, you will run out of things to do/play. You will get bored and quit.
            Yea cashers stun non-cashers like no tomorrow so yea it kinda sucks. When a player gets 150% more exp per dungeon/MP than another player...yea they'll level their holy seal like crazy too. This would make time a bit more equal to money. I've always been a firm believer that the MP attempts should be removed and players should be allowed to do as many as they want.

You say players will run out of things to do/play..and players don't quit because they have no chance to compete?
            Yitien:

Class: Assassin lvl 78
            BR: 67K
            Server: Qianfo Hall

Comment

I think the limit of 3 MP dungeon runs that you get exp and drops from is fine, but we should be able to choose which 3 runs we will get credit for during the day. That way, we could help lower level players any time, not just after doing our own 3. For doing a lower level dungeon, just choose NOT to have it count for exp/drops. This would allow the lower level players to get the help they need, while preventing higher level players from missing out on exp they need/want.

Thanks.

HugoBruno
              S140 Merrowholt

Comment

I completely agree with everything that has been stated in the first post. Balens are too expensive and lastest game developments revolve around wasting more and more money, which ruins competitivity and even makes people spend less than they would be willing to. For example, the price of mounts is ridiculous, i wont buy any of those, but if the price was lower i even might buy a few because i would find the price reasonable. This way, you wont get any of my money because i'll just laugh at the actual price, but you could get some of it if you lowered it.
                And the comparison between the money spent in wartune and other online games is really something you should think of. This game can be lot of fun, but if it costs me more than playing WoW (for example), i have no reasons to continue playing wartune. (you must admit that many other mmorpgs have a lot more depth than wartune and are cheaper) One of the things that made me start playing it was the fact that it was fun AND free. Ok, you can charge for some things, i know you gotta keep the servers running, but not to a point where you're paying hundrends just too keep up with every other paying player. And that will make more and more people leave this game instead of joining it. And i guess many other players think like me.
                About the multiplayer runs, i understand that you cant give us unlimited runs, but i think it would be good if it wouldnt waste your attempts when doing a lower level MP dungeon. As traumatise said, that would be a good way for higher levels to help lower players without using the excuse that they havent done their runs. I'm no game developer, but i believe you should keep in mind that this is a multiplayer game and that social interaction should be encouraged. Dont simply use the amount of people who play this to get more and more money, because that approach will kill the game and your income will come to an end.
                But if you say to us that we can't have unlimited runs, then it isnt fair that the asian version has it... What doesnt work for us works for them? Seems no fair at all. I think you should try to ballance the game, not only inside each server (between payers and non-paying players) but also between servers/versions of the game. Feels like we are paying this much and sustaining other people's game. And the more time we get to level up, the more money you get. So yeah, "make them level slowly and pay ridiculous amounts of money to buy mounts and clothes". Not to mention that the clothing leveling system is the biggest real money gamble i've seen lately.
                Anyway, i try to be compreensive and understand that this is a business. I respect that some things cant be as players wish, but i think there has to be ballance between what players want and what the developers need.
                Thank you for reading my opinion and i hope you understand i just had to get this off my chest.

Comment

Originally posted by Barbarossa View Post
                  Yea cashers stun non-cashers like no tomorrow so yea it kinda sucks. When a player gets 150% more exp per dungeon/MP than another player...yea they'll level their holy seal like crazy too. This would make time a bit more equal to money. I've always been a firm believer that the MP attempts should be removed and players should be allowed to do as many as they want.
                  Good idea. That way, monsters casher (VIP 9) would get 500 million more exp than the non-casher with limited time.
                  Wow.
                  Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
                  [No longer logging in]

Comment

First, let me start by saying to all those who spend "their" hard earned money on this game so that I, and my friends can play for free, THANK YOU!! Second, to those cashers, just move along this is just another whine fest about you getting to spend your money and getting any advantage from it.

Now, to the OP, I tried to get through your basic rant, it has a lot of "feelings", and complaints in it. A couple of somewhat decent things that with discussion or more explanation could almost be good.

I would like to point out that this game is not any other game, it is WarTune. Although I play several games, I would never be so crass as to attempt to compare this game to any of the others. This is as bad as being out on a date, and comparing the person your out with, to your ex.

Now, if you want your suggestion to be taken seriously, do not try to appeal to any person's better nature, they may not have one, Instead appeal to their self interest. If you want your suggestion to have a chance, then show several things, mainly, A short description of what you want, and how it works, include who it will benefit, who it will hurt, also how it will benefit, and hurt those people. Make sure you look at your suggestion, not just as a player, but as an owner. Do not just spout off your "feelings" use facts, and figures, do not make assumptions on which you have no possible way of even guessing semi accurately. Particularly do not use the old, and tired line of "the game will die", or "players will quit if you do not do this"

Good luck in your future projects.
                    Deschain Leader of the Dragon Dogs Guild. DD has its sixth anniversary as a gaming family in May.
                    Suggestion #1. Actually enforce your rules so tickets regarding cheaters are not just round filed.
                    #2. There are 5k Threads regarding bugs. Click to see 101 pages worth of stuff that needs fixing.
                    #3. Read the suggestions forums where you will find 5k threads on ways to make it better. Click for 101 pages worth of free suggestions.

Comment

Originally posted by CondorHero View Post

as usual condor defends r2 must be nice to be on their payroll

Comment

Particularly do not use the old, and tired line of "the game will die", or "players will quit if you do not do this"
                        Its just a matter of time you will see, there is one reality you have to deal with it, decisions have to me made in order to avoid a major collapse.
                        If you are happy Steven cause you can afford to spend 1000$ on an online game, there are a lot of players who would like to spend 50$ less or more and have a chance to compete, now this is impossible cause the game is actually totally unbalanced.
                        Furthermore to compare a game to living beings, like wartune is your girl friend sounds pretty sad to me, this is an online game and of course we can compare with other online games, like we can compare newspapers, or we can compare dating sites..
                        So i don't say do this do that, just listen to what little cashers and none cashers have to say, once we all leave there will remain a few cash cows and maybe you will be happy together so be it.
                        This is just a post to present things as they are not a whining post, actually nobody is disrespectful here just you with your judgments on other players.
                        Have a great day all, and the best in your lives, and please continue to post even if you are not agree.

Comment

I think its true that not all can afford to play, me my self have good economic standard , i leave in Sweden.But people from other countries that have sallery like 300-600 dollars can t afford playing this game.Its redicolous the prices really.And i know by fact that this game would be more players if the prices went down on balens . One more thing: the G M in this game has no respect for the players, it takes for ever to get an answer,and when you get it , it never helps.Eaven tho you lost balens or something else. Ok ty all

Comment

Steven, your font is too pretty to take you seriously.
                            By the way, humans have feelings, if you don't have feelings, i'm so sorry you didn't born in the right place.
                            Doesn't matter the way we express ourselves, at least we express. Don't come with that head up to people that way, you're not more or less than we are. Even if you get money that's not yours, it's just a loan. Nothing is really yours. It's simple to see what's going on: R2 is being clinging to money. Economy is not going that good for all. We pay each others bills. There's people in the world that is starving, people that doesn't have place to sleep, gas to take shower, machines to do all work, and others don't even have money to buy a computer and play wartune! You are blind! Wake up! We are not dumb people, we understand business, we try to be patient (uncomplaining) but some stuff has limits. He is proposing some terms already.

Make game grow! Balance this once for all!

"One archie down, another one lays in the ground. Only one knight shall stand, because the other one perished before my hands."

IGN: Alma®
                            Guild: One♥Piece
                            Class: Mage
                            Server: [S83] Fowlsfield Citadel

Comment

Originally posted by traumatise View Post
                              Hello All,
                              1):
                              It has been since long that i'am playing wartune, and i would make a thread for players who can't afford to pay 50-60$ for an horse, or for upgrading wings, clothes and so on.

This is almost reasonable, as it explains what the OP is going for with his thread.

During the past months this game becomes more and more expensive in a way that it is ridiculous even more if you compare it with other games on the net such as WoW and many others...
                              This is specious logic at best, as the price of items has not been increased, more items have been added that you may purchase if you choose to do so. Further this is Wartune, not some other game. I do not play those other games. I judge the prices based on my income, and whether or not I find them to be a good value.
                              I would propose to lower the price of balens to be more reasonable for example you have imvu, they make a lot of money but its affordable you can have 10 000 credits for 10$ 1$= 1000.

How do you know what IMVU makes, have you seen their profit/loss statements? Comparing IMVU’s points to Wartune’s Balens is ridiculous as you have not explained the actual purchasing power of the points in a comparison to Balens. Also, as lowering the price of balens will not bring balance to the game as those who spend more can, and will still get more.

Now i will also explain something to the devs of this game and managers that is: there might be thousand players in the world willing to pay your balens at the actuall rate, but if you lower them as i said before there will be more players more buyers, and at the end u will have 100 000 people spending a bit for more pleasure and you will earn more money thats a simple fact.

The above is not a “fact” it is an opinion. Or more technically, the first half of your statement is an opinion regarding how many more people will spend money is an opinion.

More and more players are unhappy to see a few people per server getting everything cause they are rich, and the rest just crawl at their feet.

This is also an opinion, that might have a basis in fact, but has no supporting evidence.

A game should be a game you do it to have a good time, meet people on the net, not to ruin yourself or your bank account.

This is an opinion as well, also no one is forcing anyone to “ruin yourself or your bank account”.

VIP is not bad although it could be cheaper as well.
                              This is an opinion and a complaint. It also shows no ways that it would in fact bring balance to the game.
                              Extend voucher shop and put at-least the gem synthesize scrolls.
                              So far the only thing that has been posted that might actually bring some balance to the game. I happen to like this section. I will also provide that which you did not. By placing the scrolls into the voucher section the free players have a chance to obtain these items, therefore it will help bring a balance to the game, as free players are limited to level five gems right now. {could go higher but that is my limit at the moment.**
                              2):
                              The daily limit on multiplayer dungeon should be changed to unlimited, many low players are complaining that the higher players don't help them cause they didn't do their runs {yet**, so if it is unlimited they will not have an excuse.

This is again an opinion, not a way to bring balance. A team of players in the appropriate level bracket should be able to beat any dungeon, without the assistance of a high level player. (Yes, that was an opinion as well.) I could also go into why this does not bring balance but that has been covered in several other posts.

The daily limit of the catacombs should be at least 2, 1 is ridiculous and it takes players for ever to gather tokens especially without the key.
                              This is an opinion and an exaggeration. This also would not bring balance as it would apply to all players.
                              Battleground is still unbalanced.
                              This is just a statement of opinion with no offering on how to fix it, or even what the imbalance even is. See this thread here for more details on it. CLICKY
                              I heard there was the same complaining in Asia and in order to not lose a lot of players here i would recommend you to take note of this.
                              This is an opinion based on hearsay, without substantiations, and friendly advice, not a solution or a way to bring balance.
                              If you see and i know you devs must be aware of it, that there are 70% of the people who give up around level 30-50 that has to be for a reason, now the main reasons i exposed above.
                              The first part is just plain guessing, the second part is an assumption, unless you have personally spoken with those that have quit and they have explained to you their reasons for quitting. Many players enter the battle ground and discover that they have built a terrible toon, and decide they wish to start over with what they have learned. Thus they quit and go to another server. {Not an opinion, as I have spoken with, or have spoken to others who have spoken with quite a few players who have done just that.**
                              With all my due respect, thanks for understanding and have a great day!
                              Nice closing. Now, I will reiterate that I am a FREE player, The only Balens I have spent came from the free balen offer, (not really free as I spend my time and bandwidth to watch them.) Only once did I spend them intentionally and that was to mass mail the guild. The rest I spent training my horse, and did not realize I was even using my balens until I ran out. Yes that was my fault, and not anyone elses, so I own that mistake and learned from it. I do not work for R2, or 7Road, but I do own 2 small business. In the real world, you have to make decisions on profit and loss. If you do not you will not have a business very long. Also, if you want to make a proposal to someone, you do not complain about how unfair it is to you, but how it will help the business and you. If you insist on having it only good for you, then the business is going to just ignore you.

I am going to dissect this post to attempt to make sense of it, and expose the intents in it.
                              Originally posted by Dervishh View Post
                              Steven, your font is too pretty to take you seriously.
                              Statement meant to demean, and discredit.
                              By the way, humans have feelings, if you don't have feelings, i'm so sorry you didn't born in the right place.
                              An attempt to discredit and demean.
                              Doesn't matter the way we express ourselves, at least we express.
                              You are entitled to your own opinions but not your own facts.
                              Don't come with that head up to people that way, you're not more or less than we are.
                              Just insulting in an attempt to discredit.
                              Even if you get money that's not yours, it's just a loan. Nothing is really yours.
                              Socialist propaganda. My money is MINE. I own what I earn, and I earn what I own.
                              It's simple to see what's going on: R2 is being clinging to money.
                              Statement of opinion that is meant to demonize the company.
                              Economy is not going that good for all.
                              Statement of fact, but not relevant.
                              We pay each others bills.
                              More socialist propaganda. I pay my bills no one else does. I provide services for a fee, then use the money in the way I see fit. [/COLOR][/FONT][/B]
                              There's people in the world that is starving, people that doesn't have place to sleep, gas to take shower, machines to do all work, and others don't even have money to buy a computer and play wartune!
                              More socialist propaganda in an attempt to draw sympathy, and thus use emotions to sway opinion for a desired result of getting stuff.
                              You are blind! Wake up!
                              Just insulting, and factually inaccurate as I can see quite clearly.
                              We are not dumb people, we understand business, we try to be patient (uncomplaining) but some stuff has limits.
                              While this may be true, you have not stated what is the problem, or offered a real solution.
                              He is proposing some terms already.
                              See above for a complete breakdown on what he actually proposed.
                              Make game grow! Balance this once for all
                              A leading statement followed by an opinion.
                              If you want to debate, or have a discussion in regards to this or anything with me, you must use facts, and figures to make your points, not feel good care bear fuzzy wuzzy feelings, or made up assumptions.
                              Good day to you.
                              Deschain Leader of the Dragon Dogs Guild. DD has its sixth anniversary as a gaming family in May.
                              Suggestion #1. Actually enforce your rules so tickets regarding cheaters are not just round filed.
                              #2. There are 5k Threads regarding bugs. Click to see 101 pages worth of stuff that needs fixing.
                              #3. Read the suggestions forums where you will find 5k threads on ways to make it better. Click for 101 pages worth of free suggestions.

Comment

Working...
                              X