No announcement yet.

Post 1.5 Patch repercussions[ Rant from an f2p Mage ]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As a small time casher mage (me<150$) I will tell you that clothing isn't even close to as useful as rage runes, period. Sure its a nice boost that makes it easier to stock up for max rage but it really doesn't make a significant difference.
    Also, why haven't you focused on guild skills? They are super important lol. Casher no casher WHY U NO WORK on the Easiest way for mages to get pdef period.
    As a "casher" I will tell you I feel like this patch did NOTHING except save us 12min of our time with the new astral capture system and vip wheel spin. Since I'm not willing to spend money on the mystery shop barring high lvl gems, those updates are pointless to me anyway (and most of us).
    My suggestion is that you spin the guild wheel to find stuff cashers just buy. Also, you know that mages are the only class with 3 ( counting the 100 rage skill) AoEs, knights have a 60s cd aoe that is PUNY. Archers have a decent AoE, but only 1. Yeah.
    MPs don't require cashers necessarily, they do need to be smart about thier build however. Also if you don't have any "cashers" may I point out you should be running with a 2xMage archer knight combo. Archer should have deep freeze and scattershot, at least one mage should heal (preferably you spilt the healing duties), and the knight should tank. Pure and simple. Just a matter of timing skills and keeping your equipment fresh and clean.

Comment

As far I can tell monsters are not that much tougher, they got a lil bit more damage, yes. However, they seem to have slightly less hp than I remember. Or I'm just getting tougher ^_^
      guys, smart heals, well placed skills.... Please learn how to time stuff lol. Or find someone OCD like me willing to teach you them :P

Comment

Originally posted by TiamatRoar View Post
        Actually, the patch increased the difficulty of monsters quite a bit. Many monsters have gotten boosts to all their stats with this patch as far as I can tell. A ton of monsters who NEVER crit before are critting, now, and I'm noticing damage numbers higher for almost everything I fight now, and many of my guildies can't complete dungeons that they were able to complete without much trouble pre-patch because monsters are just STRONGER now.

....which by the way has led to many of my guildies quitting. THe game's appeal goes down the toilet when you can no longer complete dungeons that you were able to complete just yesterday.
        I disagree. After running DT for a few days, the only aspects about mobs that are more difficult are the fact they can crit and that the enhanced illusion astral was brought inline with its percentage (more or less). Stat boosts? No.

Comment

Originally posted by TiamatRoar View Post
          Actually, the patch increased the difficulty of monsters quite a bit. Many monsters have gotten boosts to all their stats with this patch as far as I can tell. A ton of monsters who NEVER crit before are critting, now, and I'm noticing damage numbers higher for almost everything I fight now, and many of my guildies can't complete dungeons that they were able to complete without much trouble pre-patch because monsters are just STRONGER now.

....which by the way has led to many of my guildies quitting. THe game's appeal goes down the toilet when you can no longer complete dungeons that you were able to complete just yesterday.
          Wow. People quit when the going gets tough? Just wow.
          Speaks volumes about them.
          Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
          [No longer logging in]

Comment

Well, I an not going to go back and dredge thru your whine fest to pick all of it apart, but here are a few points.
            You complained about 3 AOE in opening round. This is only possible in the 3v3 arena, as monsters and troops do not have this as an opening ability. Now, I am a level 56 Mage, non-csher, as is my wife. We generally run arena together, and typically take another mage with us. As of level 35 with pvp gear we get an initial rage of 30. This allows us to cast a fireball in opening salvo. The patch had/has no effect on this.
            As for kyanite I carry a surplus of 400k at all times, because I realized early that this was an important commodity and planted, harvested, stole, plundered and generally got all I could.

Yes all of my guild skills are level 8, and my astral rating is over 10k, but this has nothing to do with spending balens. I, again, realized this was an easy way to spend my gold and build my character up.

As for the rest of the changes, all i can say is do like any other animal in the world, adapt or die.
            Deschain Leader of the Dragon Dogs Guild. DD has its sixth anniversary as a gaming family in May.
            Suggestion #1. Actually enforce your rules so tickets regarding cheaters are not just round filed.
            #2. There are 5k Threads regarding bugs. Click to see 101 pages worth of stuff that needs fixing.
            #3. Read the suggestions forums where you will find 5k threads on ways to make it better. Click for 101 pages worth of free suggestions.

Comment

StevenDeschain, all I hear is this: *blah*blah*blah*, I figured this forum is a farce, and supposed gamers who claim to be f2pers and are very happy with any and all changes? Game/Forum Moderators themselves. So.. take your cheap platitudes somewhere else.

Comment

I speak on behalf of Ka. And your Ka-Tet is transparent.

Comment

:3 this guy is bat$#!T insane...
                  Beyron | Empire
                  69 Mage
                  Kongregate S-5

Comment

Thank you, Bro. With the feedback I get, I figured nothing on here is worth taking seriously. This the power f2pers have. We have nothing to lose because we have nothing invested.

Comment

Originally posted by KnowingEyes7 View Post
                      I don't respond to all bold posts. Hurts the eyes.

Hyo, level does matter a bit. Hint: Think 5%.
                      Sorry about the bold post
                      its just my new style of response since the regular ones just look like a bit mmmmm messy

5% boost only happens when ur jumping lvl brackets

if ur jumping from lvl 69 to lvl 70 then u get a whee bit of boost but if ur jumping from lvl 64 to lvl 65 then ur not getting 5% boost just about 2% thats all cause the only boost is extra stats and academy thats all oh and gold
                      Learn the search function and use the search function help r2 by reducing the threads which might have already been posted

I am a 100% Noob

I AM STILL PURE NON CASHER WHO WILL NOT SPEND

Become a friend and be kind

hate and violence only brings wars which will lead to casualties

MY GUIDES:
                      [Guide-How to reduce lag]

I THANK YOU FOR YOUR HARD WORK

Comment

Originally posted by Hyorinmaru6 View Post
                        its just my new style of response since the regular ones just look like a bit mmmmm messy

if ur jumping from lvl 69 to lvl 70 then u get a whee bit of boost but if ur jumping from lvl 64 to lvl 65 then ur not getting 5% boost just about 2% thats all cause the only boost is extra stats and academy thats all oh and gold
                        He means that if you're fighting a player who is lower level than you, you get a 5% increase in damage.
                        If you're fighting a player who is higher level than you, he will get a 5% increase in damage.
                        Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
                        [No longer logging in]

Comment

Originally posted by Hyorinmaru6 View Post

Hes talking about the dmg reduction 5% when the player is a higher lvl than you.
                          Server 92- King
                          Guild: Thundera- Assistant

Comment

Working...
                          X