No announcement yet.

Mages too damn OP?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this is another noob mage who never played knight before, knight's WW cooldown is 30 sec, in 60+ battle, knight usually can only use 1 time, especially when facing mage. the only wish for knight to beat mage is to wipe out mage's troop asap, so knight must rely on high patk, NOT his shield. Unfortunately this only hope will be broken by next patch: 2x pdef new troop.

Originally posted by splinterz3 View Post
    The classes are well balanced in terms of skills. I see too many character that try to have maxed out Attack and defence but no HP.

Unless you have 8 legendary items with 4 open sockets on each item you can't maximise your ATT, MDEF, PDEF and HP. you will always be missing something. Too often the choice is ATT+MDEF+PDEF and no HP.

A mage with MATK, MDEF and HP in his astrals and gems would be vulnerable to PATK. But other mages would find it difficult to take him down because of his very high MDEF and high HP.

A Knight or Archer with PATK, PDEF and HP in his astrals and gems would be vulnerable to MATK, but other knights and archers would find it difficult to take him down because of his very high PDEF and higher HP.

Any character with ATK, PDEF and MDEF would be vulnerable to anyone who has the right defence and higher HP. Assuming he knew what skills to use and when!

Archers don't get the same defensive capabilities as knights or mages, but they get higher damage via crit instead. Knights may not be able to heal as much as a mage, but they block, shield or reduce a similar amount of damage, (to themselves). Mages cannot stand alone against archers and knights and rely heavily on troops to protect them while they use area of effect spells. This requires a little luck against archers as there is no telling where their arrows will land, (aimless fecks).

If you think knights are weak then you do not understand the power of combing high block, with damage reduction and shield. Used correctly, this would give a knight 2 or 3 turns of attacks without taking any damage. The damage reduction will keep the shield up longer!! Enough time to build the rage needed to use whirlwind and take out your enemies troops.

Monkey King [S3] US EAST
    Character Name: Ghang

Wartune [S67] US EAST
    Character Name: Halifax

Comment

Originally posted by Immortalsoul(S9) View Post
      I have a question for you. What class are you? and us mages struggle just as much as any other class the ones we have trouble against is the archers you with high critical hit and you have multi hits just like us and you do 10 to 15k of each hit from the multi hit when are RoF only dose maybe 4 to 6k of each hit but only if you have weak mdef. You hit us hard cause our weak pdef. and you's get hit hard cause of your weak mdef so either way we all take damage and out multi attacks hit it dosn't kill everything on board and if it does then you have weak mdef it's not us casters fault and we use are multi attacks to attack multible enemies to help get through the dungeons just as fast as you archers the only class the suffers the most is knights. So you all should really leave us caster be and drop this **** of who is OP cause we all are over powering in our own way cause most of us worked our ***** off for months to get were we are today. We all have even the archers and the knights plain and simple.
      Hmm multi shot 10k and rof 5k... u r facing heavy casher archer it seems.... just face a casher of ur BR and max ur damn rof out

Comment

The classes are well balanced in terms of skills. I see too many character that try to have maxed out Attack and defence but no HP.

Unless you have 8 legendary items with 4 open sockets on each item you can't maximise your ATT, MDEF, PDEF and HP. you will always be missing something. Too often the choice is ATT+MDEF+PDEF and no HP.

A mage with MATK, MDEF and HP in his astrals and gems would be vulnerable to PATK. But other mages would find it difficult to take him down because of his very high MDEF and high HP.

A Knight or Archer with PATK, PDEF and HP in his astrals and gems would be vulnerable to MATK, but other knights and archers would find it difficult to take him down because of his very high PDEF and higher HP.

Any character with ATK, PDEF and MDEF would be vulnerable to anyone who has the right defence and higher HP. Assuming he knew what skills to use and when!

Archers don't get the same defensive capabilities as knights or mages, but they get higher damage via crit instead. Knights may not be able to heal as much as a mage, but they block, shield or reduce a similar amount of damage, (to themselves). Mages cannot stand alone against archers and knights and rely heavily on troops to protect them while they use area of effect spells. This requires a little luck against archers as there is no telling where their arrows will land, (aimless fecks).

If you think knights are weak then you do not understand the power of combing high block, with damage reduction and shield. Used correctly, this would give a knight 2 or 3 turns of attacks without taking any damage. The damage reduction will keep the shield up longer!! Enough time to build the rage needed to use whirlwind and take out your enemies troops.
        I very much agree with this post. Thank you for posting this
        ImmortalSoul: S9
        Mage: Lvl 76

Comment

Originally posted by R25664847 View Post
          this is another noob mage who never played knight before, knight's WW cooldown is 30 sec, in 60+ battle, knight usually can only use 1 time, especially when facing mage. the only wish for knight to beat mage is to wipe out mage's troop asap, so knight must rely on high patk, NOT his shield. Unfortunately this only hope will be broken by next patch: 2x pdef new troop.
          Heh. We have to wait for 1.6. There will be a little extra given to knights insofar as PvP goes. I don't think events get changed though. Boo!

Comment

Ok so lets see how things are balanced or how they would be balanced after the dark knights come..
            1) Mage vulnerable to pATK -> well archers and knights BOTH are vulnerable to magic attacks but it aint balanced... coz archers and knights both have got to get rid of the damn walls before they can start to freely attack the mage.. but OH all mages have to do is toast the entire team.
            Conclusion -> Yes, mages are vulnerable to PATK but they are not easily accessible to PATK and besides just like archers put up crit and knights block, a mage can go HP or PDEF and rectify this weakness to some extent.

2)Know what skills to use -> OK dude tell what to do in this... i have my troops demolished after the mages rain down fire while mages still have those dark knights at about half HP.... HTF can my decision of skills effect the outcome.... no matter what skill i choose it is not going towards the mage entirely(for a knight) and as long as archers are concerned its a tough decision to make.. whether u go for DF and try to attack the mage or you just demolish the troops first.. coz mind you the new troops will have around 40k HP or even 50k HP if a charisma astral is used.. BUT they are vulnerable to magic and they wont be able to take the ******* fire which mages spit from hell.

3)Power of combining high block, damage reduction and shield ->
            High block : Yeah sure high block.. it was all fine and fair until they came around and NERFED it!! now block aint doing much tbh.
            Damage reduction : This is the only point worth emphasizing on.. but knights can get only 7% more damage reduction than the rest of the classes which is cool but it aint enough still to take those fiery monsters... again considering the fact that we CANT HIT THEM and have to get rid of the monstrous troops first while they toast us for the same damage..
            Shield : Wow a shield that lasts for 2 turns( and mind you i have 50k HP) and takes one turn to activate.. but its useless as its activation time is so ******* slow.. the shield's activation time should have been the fastest but no.. mages' skills always go first...
            Oh and if we use shield at the start of the battle then it is bye bye ww( unless u get ur clothes to a monster level) coz the ******* shield takes 30 rage... the ONLY strategy is to get rid of the ******* troops fast but now with much stronger walls coming out to protect them... both knights and archers( the so called counter) will struggle hard..

Comment

Originally posted by KnowingEyes7 View Post
              For WB only - unless you're endgame. Either way, better start thinking about it.
              Nah bro. I don't think it the best ideas for Mage to working on Crit. unless high level for the 2 extra astral is +amount of crit. and increased crit. rate.
              ▂ ▄ ▅ ▇ █ ♪♫♥ MUSIC IS MY LIFE ♥♪♫ █ ▇ ▆ ▄ ▂

✯Take That✯ 'Rule The World [HQ]' (っ◕‿◕)っ♥ ☜(ˆ▽ˆ)

✯David Cook✯ 'Laying Me Low' ٩(●̮̃•)۶ (͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

✯Lana Del Rey✯ 'Young & Beautiful' (>‿â—*)✌ ♥(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)

----------------(\_/)
              -(\(\----------(≧◡≦)
              ( =':')---<[:]|||||||[:]>
              (..(")(")✿❀❁(")(")

Comment

Originally posted by JohnNguyen View Post
                Nah bro. I don't think it the best ideas for Mage to working on Crit. unless high level for the 2 extra astral is +amount of crit. and increased crit. rate.
                Yikes if you don't try. For WB they killed critical resistance. Get 2K crit and try it. It's all the 'rage' (see what I did there? ;p).

Comment

Originally posted by KnowingEyes7 View Post
                  Heh. We have to wait for 1.6. There will be a little extra given to knights insofar as PvP goes. I don't think events get changed though. Boo!
                  Well that will be cool if they give some love to knights for a change, now i feel kinda relieved

Comment

Archers don't get the same defensive capabilities as knights or mages, but they get higher damage via crit instead
                    yeah as long as archer is lucky on crit rate...but pvp wise, archers crit rate is so low that any mages or knights using will destroyer will do more dmg than archers.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyerwinn View Post
                      And I think that this is the disadvantage of Wartune. All the combat is computer run...you can't even choose your target, can'[t use strategy of any kind, so it really is a numbers game.
                      Yup cant choose ur target and u get no information as well.... we dont know the casting time of our skills so we can never calculate things like " if i select this skill will it be faster than the mage's restoration etc" we should have had control over the casting time of the skills and telents to lower them... also we dont know the exact percentage of our blocks... but the biggest disadvantage as u said is that we cannot choose our target.

Comment

2x PDEF and INSANE hp.. seriously they have like 2k more HP than the knights... it means that if combined with a high charisma they will be reaching 40-45k HP(even more if a high level charisma astral is used)

Comment

if ur playing wartune for pvp balance u R OUT OF LUCK

I'm a 50k BR archer...atm have 10k pvp pts so u can't rly say i'm talking out of my u know what..here's a small class breakdown for characters with same BR/astrals/medalions:

1.Mage -vs archer: RoF+meteor=troops dead..archer is 60% hp and *** out of luck...yeah he will bloodthirsty and get some back but ultimately time lost on troops results in ALMOST killing mage
                          -vs knight: same thing..knight will die a lot harder but the outcome is inevitable unless he gets lucky with dodge procs and lasts long enough for a ulti on extra time to make a difference

2.Knight- even if it's a half decent one..in same BR conditions it will faceroll ANY archer....i think this aspect is enough for knights not to qq about pvp alltogether
                          we archers are very lucky though that there are so few decent knights out there...to the point where i used to get crushed by knight AI in solo duels yet i killed the very same guy easily in battlegrounds

3.The Archer: only way for one to win is the universal tool named Holy Seal..

granted the clothes gave us a shot(Lunatic) vs mages but it doesn't change the fight dynamic..as long as we will loose turns killing mage troops we won't be able to actually kill the mage
                          versus knights we will always be a joke..especially at high levels where all the knight needs to do is survive long enough for ulti slash on bonus time(not a difficult task cause we hit them for next to nothing and they heal for most of our damage)

believe it or not but the only ppl i gladly go after in BG's are OTHER Archers cause i know those guys don't have uber stuff going for them...it's the only fight where actual skill can help me

ALL that is never going to happen though since we rarely get the chance to battle ppl with same ATT/Defenses/astrals/medallions.

In the actual Battlegrounds Holy Seal will decide ur fate...have it higher and u win(less effective for all classes vs knights due to uber survival haxx)

Anyway it's kind of sad that archers can only rely on holy seal and higher BR/medallions to kill other classes and some ppl are still calling this game balanced.

Comment

Originally posted by R26092269 View Post
                            yeah as long as archer is lucky on crit rate...but pvp wise, archers crit rate is so low that any mages or knights using will destroyer will do more dmg than archers.
                            So... use Will Destroyer yourself?
                            Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
                            You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
                            Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
                            Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

Originally posted by GingerTheHutt View Post
                              So... use Will Destroyer yourself?
                              why don't you use crit?
                              ChieftainRez
                              Knight
                              VictisHNR
                              [S1] Temple of Ibalize

Comment

My level 58 troops have a PDEF of about 4800. Most of the knights I fight in pvp arena have a PATK of around 14k + level 55 set + level 5 or 6 Will Destroyer. With clothing, they can WW in turn 1. (Similar to archers using lunatic fire in round 1 as well). So, a knight that does WW, Slasher, Slasher will kill my troops. So he kills my troops one round after after i killed his. He's probably left with about 50% - 60% HP at this point. But that 50% - 60% of a knights total HP is about the same as my total HP. So by round 4, it Knight V Mage and both have similar HP!!! One v One, the knight will usually come out on top. None of the classes are weak, only the player is weak.

Comment

Working...
                                X