Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Mages too damn OP?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kattuktk View Post
    Ok so lets see how things are balanced or how they would be balanced after the dark knights come..
    1) Mage vulnerable to pATK -> well archers and knights BOTH are vulnerable to magic attacks but it aint balanced... coz archers and knights both have got to get rid of the damn walls before they can start to freely attack the mage.. but OH all mages have to do is toast the entire team.
    Conclusion -> Yes, mages are vulnerable to PATK but they are not easily accessible to PATK and besides just like archers put up crit and knights block, a mage can go HP or PDEF and rectify this weakness to some extent.

2)Know what skills to use -> OK dude tell what to do in this... i have my troops demolished after the mages rain down fire while mages still have those dark knights at about half HP.... HTF can my decision of skills effect the outcome.... no matter what skill i choose it is not going towards the mage entirely(for a knight) and as long as archers are concerned its a tough decision to make.. whether u go for DF and try to attack the mage or you just demolish the troops first.. coz mind you the new troops will have around 40k HP or even 50k HP if a charisma astral is used.. BUT they are vulnerable to magic and they wont be able to take the ******* fire which mages spit from hell.

3)Power of combining high block, damage reduction and shield ->
    High block : Yeah sure high block.. it was all fine and fair until they came around and NERFED it!! now block aint doing much tbh.
    Damage reduction : This is the only point worth emphasizing on.. but knights can get only 7% more damage reduction than the rest of the classes which is cool but it aint enough still to take those fiery monsters... again considering the fact that we CANT HIT THEM and have to get rid of the monstrous troops first while they toast us for the same damage..
    Shield : Wow a shield that lasts for 2 turns( and mind you i have 50k HP) and takes one turn to activate.. but its useless as its activation time is so ******* slow.. the shield's activation time should have been the fastest but no.. mages' skills always go first...
    Oh and if we use shield at the start of the battle then it is bye bye ww( unless u get ur clothes to a monster level) coz the ******* shield takes 30 rage... the ONLY strategy is to get rid of the ******* troops fast but now with much stronger walls coming out to protect them... both knights and archers( the so called counter) will struggle hard..
    Every one troops get killed first just the just how it always been. If you die easily then maybe you should like level up your troops or use the academy to get them stronger its not us mages fault that your knights are weak. You are the main character that has to survive and well your knights are taking hits you supposed to be taking our knights down and trying to take us down. I don't know what class you are but I'm a lvl 65 mage and I fight to survive plain and simple i not just going to sit and watch myself get killed in battle cause I want to spare one little archer or knight. If I'm stronger then you then I guaranteed that I will take you out with any means necessarily. Just the same as anyone else go if they can beat me as aways the manage to beat me but they do in there own way cause they know how to win against a mage. If you can win against a mage then you need to try harder. Cause as long as we have our AoE attacks we will continue to use em. Plain in simple. So either you work in building your troops to help protect you better or your help upgrading your equipment and rearrange your skills to do better. So with any other mages that out there I think were all tired of listen to the same **** that were over powering cause when it comes down to the class thats over power to be honest its you archers no offense to my friends. 9 out of 10 archers are always on the world boss. You don't see a mage on there rarely. You have an advantage over us mages and the rest of the classes in the game. This thread should of been called Archers are too damn OP? So enough said.

Oh by the way. The reason why our troops die so easily.. cause they were back then a lvl 40 troops.. Really our knights not going to survive against players that are like in the 60's and 70's impossible for our troops to survive no matter how hard to level em or use the academy. These troops are just way to out dated.
    Last edited by Immortalsoul(S9); 03-08-2013, 11:01 AM.
    ImmortalSoul: S9
    Mage: Lvl 76

Comment

I got bored of some 1 to treat special case as common.

the knights HAVE TO invest 395*6 = 2370 balens on their cloths to obtain 51 initial rage(including 30 rages from PVP gears), so that they can cast WW in turn one, please tell me how many balens you spent on your cloth, my poor friend. let me tell you truth, if mages throw the same amount balens into their cloth, their combo will be like this: AOE + AOE + (whatever) + AOE + AOE +(whatever) + (Ultimate hit).. "ash to ash , dust to dust"

Please don't compare your inferior mage with other superior knight.

Btw, the thing becomes more horrible when we encounter a 3-mages team in GA, we have to suffer 6 AOE in a row at the beginning. So can we say this game is balanced?

Originally posted by splinterz3 View Post
      My level 58 troops have a PDEF of about 4800. Most of the knights I fight in pvp arena have a PATK of around 14k + level 55 set + level 5 or 6 Will Destroyer. With clothing, they can WW in turn 1. (Similar to archers using lunatic fire in round 1 as well). So, a knight that does WW, Slasher, Slasher will kill my troops. So he kills my troops one round after after i killed his. He's probably left with about 50% - 60% HP at this point. But that 50% - 60% of a knights total HP is about the same as my total HP. So by round 4, it Knight V Mage and both have similar HP!!! One v One, the knight will usually come out on top. None of the classes are weak, only the player is weak.
      Last edited by R25664847; 03-08-2013, 12:14 PM.

Monkey King [S3] US EAST
      Character Name: Ghang

Wartune [S67] US EAST
      Character Name: Halifax

Comment

My level 58 troops have a PDEF of about 4800. Most of the knights I fight in pvp arena have a PATK of around 14k + level 55 set + level 5 or 6 Will Destroyer. With clothing, they can WW in turn 1. (Similar to archers using lunatic fire in round 1 as well). So, a knight that does WW, Slasher, Slasher will kill my troops. So he kills my troops one round after after i killed his. He's probably left with about 50% - 60% HP at this point. But that 50% - 60% of a knights total HP is about the same as my total HP. So by round 4, it Knight V Mage and both have similar HP!!! One v One, the knight will usually come out on top. None of the classes are weak, only the player is weak.
        Lol 50% of knights HP = mages' HP?? have u tried using the brilliance astral?
        Plus troops really shine after u take them to level 65+ AND with a good troop count( mages should have around 1200 if not more), and troops' PDEF aint the main scary thing about them, its their HP

Comment

Originally posted by R25664847 View Post
          I got bored of some 1 to treat special case as common.

the knights HAVE TO invest 395*6 = 2370 balens on their cloths to obtain 51 initial rage(including 30 rages from PVP gears), so that they can cast WW in turn one, please tell me how many balens you spent on your cloth, my poor friend. let me tell you truth, if mages throw the same amount balens into their cloth, their combo will be like this: AOE + AOE + (whatever) + AOE + AOE +(whatever) + (Ultimate hit).. "ash to ash , dust to dust"

Please don't compare your inferior mage with other superior knight.

Btw, the thing becomes more horrible when we encounter a 3-mages team in GA, we have to suffer 6 AOE in a row at the beginning. So can we say this game is balanced?

Well I invested more in my clothes as I have the level 50 legendary rage gear and started with 0 rage, so yes I can AoE, AoE, bolt once to bring up BL/heal and rinse and repeat. But even at level 63 with a 51k BR I still get owned by archers much lower than me bc crit and some knights (did I mention I hate eggs >.<). Each class has its own strengths and weaknesses. You either can sit here and whine about it or you can go back and look at your build and decide where changes can be made to help.
          S1 Temple of Ibalize
          Vixeness aka Vixi
          Mage and Lap Kitteh
          Guild: Havoc

Comment

Originally posted by Immortalsoul(S9) View Post
            Every one troops get killed first just the just how it always been. If you die easily then maybe you should like level up your troops or use the academy to get them stronger its not us mages fault that your knights are weak. You are the main character that has to survive and well your knights are taking hits you supposed to be taking our knights down and trying to take us down. I don't know what class you are but I'm a lvl 65 mage and I fight to survive plain and simple i not just going to sit and watch myself get killed in battle cause I want to spare one little archer or knight. If I'm stronger then you then I guaranteed that I will take you out with any means necessarily. Just the same as anyone else go if they can beat me as aways the manage to beat me but they do in there own way cause they know how to win against a mage. If you can win against a mage then you need to try harder. Cause as long as we have our AoE attacks we will continue to use em. Plain in simple. So either you work in building your troops to help protect you better or your help upgrading your equipment and rearrange your skills to do better. So with any other mages that out there I think were all tired of listen to the same **** that were over powering cause when it comes down to the class thats over power to be honest its you archers no offense to my friends. 9 out of 10 archers are always on the world boss. You don't see a mage on there rarely. You have an advantage over us mages and the rest of the classes in the game. This thread should of been called Archers are too damn OP? So enough said.

Oh by the way. The reason why our troops die so easily.. cause they were back then a lvl 40 troops.. Really our knights not going to survive against players that are like in the 60's and 70's impossible for our troops to survive no matter how hard to level em or use the academy. These troops are just way to out dated.
            Easier said than done bro.. try playing as a knight and u will see... its NOT EASY to take down knights level 70 with insane HP.... myself with 14k PATK and 35% WD have a hard time taking down those monsters as they have high HP + they are ALOT MORE vulnerable to the fire which u guys shoot from hell.... its basically GAME OVER after dark knights come to wall mage's butt..
            ARCHERS OP??? lol thats the funniest thing ive ever heard.. archers suck HARD AT PVP.... they are "NOT" the counter of mages.... tell me WHY SHOULD ARCHERS BE CALLED MAGE'S COUNTER?? they dont resist magic..neither do they have skills that bypass the troops easily.... + they are the only class that cant heal during the battle(bloodthirsty is used only once i suppose)... the way i look at it is this..
            Archers have high PATK and mages low PDEF - Yeah thats cool but wait..... the opposite works too.. mages have INSANE MATK( coz they dont have the burden of ******* crits and blocks on them) while archers MDEF is mediocre... mages can hit archers really hard....
            Archers are more accessible to magic and mages are less accessible to their arrows... Archers will be breaking their bones trying to kill the 50k HP monsters when they are released and mages will just continue to toast them...
            In conclusion if any mage is loosing to the same power archer after the ******* troops come out then that mage has serious problems.... Mages are OP as they "dont" have a counter class nuff said..
            Knight troops not going to survive against players - LOL dude the only reason ur saying it is coz ur a mage and all u have to do is SPAM AOE but it aint easy for the other classes u know... especially when they know that theres a fire breathing demon hiding behind the ******* knights whom they cant touch without breaking through the wall and who consistently damages our whole team for insane damage as the ***** aoe's are too strong... HELL even knight troops with high troop count and level 65+ have like 35k HP i cant even imagine how much OP the mages will become after they get the stronger walls to protect their ***

Comment

Originally posted by Ati2de View Post
              Well I invested more in my clothes as I have the level 50 legendary rage gear and started with 0 rage, so yes I can AoE, AoE, bolt once to bring up BL/heal and rinse and repeat. But even at level 63 with a 51k BR I still get owned by archers much lower than me bc crit and some knights (did I mention I hate eggs >.<). Each class has its own strengths and weaknesses. You either can sit here and whine about it or you can go back and look at your build and decide where changes can be made to help.
              U get owned by lower level archers?? dude seriously if i had that monster class under my control i would have crushed everyone.... just get the PvP set and AOE every1's ***... its too damn easy to play as a mage, u just gotta concentrate on the AoE's, find ways of getting as much AoE's as possible... coz u dont have to do anything special to get rid of the ***** troops

Comment

Originally posted by Ati2de View Post
                Also as u have the rage gear u arent doing alot of damage to the archers... mages with pvp set who start out with 50+ rage can burn everything on the screen as they hit TOO DAMN HARD as the AoE's are just too powerful.... it should be nerfed..

Comment

Yes, I agree that mage is too Over POwer because it has many mass attacker skill such as Rain of Fire, Meteoric Destroyer, Damnation which take damage to each enemy. Please imagine..in Cross server arena, your arena team are a knight, and two archers or a knight, an archer and a mage you meet with opponent team has 3 mage same level/ equipt. They will combo with Rain of Fire continue with Meteoric Destroyer and you will loss 70% hp . you don't have chance to strike back. Second problem is in Battle Ground...their mass attack skill will sweep away your troop and if you an archer or a knight you will face their troop first before you can attack him, so Please change one mass attack skill because other class only have one mass attack skill ( archer with lunatic fire and knight with Wirlwind.). Change with multi fire ( randomly completes two attack ). and rise up Delpic Hell Thunderer damage to be 300% + magical damage it can help them in Word Boss.
                  I'm Newbie. Please don't ignore me

Comment

Originally posted by ChieftainRez View Post
                    why don't you use crit?
                    I will do when I have enough free astral slots to not compromise my build heavily...
                    Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
                    You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
                    Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
                    Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

Originally posted by R23621641 View Post
                      Yes, I agree that mage is too Over POwer because it has many mass attacker skill such as Rain of Fire, Meteoric Destroyer, Damnation which take damage to each enemy. Please imagine..in Cross server arena, your arena team are a knight, and two archers or a knight, an archer and a mage you meet with opponent team has 3 mage same level/ equipt. They will combo with Rain of Fire continue with Meteoric Destroyer and you will loss 70% hp . you don't have chance to strike back. Second problem is in Battle Ground...their mass attack skill will sweep away your troop and if you an archer or a knight you will face their troop first before you can attack him, so Please change one mass attack skill because other class only have one mass attack skill ( archer with lunatic fire and knight with Wirlwind.). Change with multi fire ( randomly completes two attack ). and rise up Delpic Hell Thunderer damage to be 300% + magical damage it can help them in Word Boss.
                      You guys have a better chance in killing mages alot easier cause of the fact of the Holy Seal. Once that cast i can't do nothing. and with loosing 2 to 3 turns by time I can move I'm already half dead and you have full life. By time I start attacking you half dead and I'm dead. Everyone thing that mages are the most over powering class in the game cause of the AoE. I only attack with AoE when multible enemies are against. me. But when I against 1 person. I only use 1 single spell turn. Such as lighting and thundere. that all we have for single attacks. the rest is AoE and heals.
                      ImmortalSoul: S9
                      Mage: Lvl 76

Comment

Your point is non-sense, Holy Seal is only dedicated to knight and archer?????

You guys have a better chance in killing mages alot easier cause of the fact of the Holy Seal. Once that cast i can't do nothing. and with loosing 2 to 3 turns by time I can move I'm already half dead and you have full life. By time I start attacking you half dead and I'm dead. Everyone thing that mages are the most over powering class in the game cause of the AoE. I only attack with AoE when multible enemies are against. me. But when I against 1 person. I only use 1 single spell turn. Such as lighting and thundere. that all we have for single attacks. the rest is AoE and heals.

Monkey King [S3] US EAST
                        Character Name: Ghang

Wartune [S67] US EAST
                        Character Name: Halifax

Comment

This is too literal, the classes are balanced. If a knight cant stand up to a mages aoe, then there is good chance it's because he has high PDEF and can tank other knights and archers. If a knight can stand up to a mages aoe, then there is a good chance it's because he nerfed his PDEF to get higher MDEF. And therefore can't always beat other knights or archers. Unless you get 8 pieces of legendary equipment with all the sockets open, you will always be vunerable to one form of attack or another. The truth is, players complaining about imbalance are simply bored with seeing the same thing over and over. oooo don't aoe me, that's not fair. Get your self 8 MDEF gems, and MDEF astral and refine your equipment to include Defence and MDEF and a reduce damage astral at 15% and then come back and tell me you cant stand up to mages aoe. The classes are balanced by the player, you choose what you can do. On our server, as I am sure it is with other servers, Knights are strong in PvP rankings, (arena rewards), mages are strong in 3v3 arena and Archers are strong in World Boss, it takes forever for most Mages to acquire gold!!!! in a lot of cases, a 45k BR mage will get about half the gold a 45K BR archer gets from WB. The balances are there if you look for them, it's no use crying on the forum if you can't dominate.

Comment

Mages have Holy seal too....just work on it. why not using your aoes on single target? it deals insane amount of dmg on single target as well...geez

Comment

This is too literal, the classes are balanced. If a knight cant stand up to a mages aoe, then there is good chance it's because he has high PDEF and can tank other knights and archers. If a knight can stand up to a mages aoe, then there is a good chance it's because he nerfed his PDEF to get higher MDEF. And therefore can't always beat other knights or archers. Unless you get 8 pieces of legendary equipment with all the sockets open, you will always be vunerable to one form of attack or another. The truth is, players complaining about imbalance are simply bored with seeing the same thing over and over. oooo don't aoe me, that's not fair. Get your self 8 MDEF gems, and MDEF astral and refine your equipment to include Defence and MDEF and a reduce damage astral at 15% and then come back and tell me you cant stand up to mages aoe. The classes are balanced by the player, you choose what you can do. On our server, as I am sure it is with other servers, Knights are strong in PvP rankings, (arena rewards), mages are strong in 3v3 arena and Archers are strong in World Boss, it takes forever for most Mages to acquire gold!!!! in a lot of cases, a 45k BR mage will get about half the gold a 45K BR archer gets from WB. The balances are there if you look for them, it's no use crying on the forum if you can't dominate.
                              I agreed with you - until you went outside of PvP. Events != balanced.

Comment

Originally posted by R26092269 View Post
                                Mages have Holy seal too....just work on it. why not using your aoes on single target? it deals insane amount of dmg on single target as well...geez

I tested this with a friend, My mage has 13800 MATK and 8000 PDEF, my friends archer has 13900 PATK and 8000 MDEF. We both have level 55 sets and similar BR and HP, My RoF hits him for about 6k in total, his Multishot hits me for about 10k total. My basic attack will do about 4.5k, his does the same but if it crits it will do about 7k damage. Skill for skill, the archer does more damage. The problem, as has been already pointed out, he needs to take out my troops first. But in BG, we're about even. Sometimes I win, sometimes he does. It's fairly well balanced as far as I can tell.

The other point to take into account is time. These battles are even and usually last about 1 min and 20 seconds. And by the end of it, the fights always come down to the last one or two hits, illusion can screw it up, but we tested this without illusion astral. Basically The archer has to inflist about 24k damage to my knights and 38k damage to me. I have to inflict about 18k damage to his knights and 39k damage to him. It's true that I have more overall HP due to the number of troops. BUT, the archer inflicts a little more damage, so, over time it sort of breaks even. In longer battles, the archers better damage out put will always win, as is shown in WB.
                                Last edited by splinterz3; 03-08-2013, 03:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X