Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Mages too damn OP?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mages too damn OP?

I guess this is the feeling that some of the archers and knights will have... are mages too damn OP in this game?? The sad part is that they are gonna be literally unstoppable after the much stronger troops come out to protect them. Myself being a knight is really cursing the day i went for this class instead of picking up a mage... I mean OK we all know that archers suck all right, they are probably the worst class in wartune in PvP(considering everything to be the same ofc) but ATLEAST they OWN the PvE aspects, but after the patch they have become alot better in PvE coz of the crit rate buff and knights have become pathetic...I mean seriously block has gone down and double attack doesnt seem to work that good anymore( i fail it ALOT more after the patch).. I have a few questions..... WHAT ARE THE KNIGHTS GOOD FOR IN THIS GAME(NAME THE EVENT)???..... WHAT ARE THE MAGES BAD IN THIS GAME(NAME THE EVENT)

knight's good for - nothing
    mages bad at - nothing

Comment

Mages are weak with def and hp.

Comment

Originally posted by R25940771 View Post
        they make up for that with aoe's and heals

Comment

Buddy, unfortunately I didn't see any advantage of knights over two other classes, some ppl maybe jump out to argue knights have higher hp and pdef, but comparing to Mage' quick AOE(I notice their casting speed even faster than patch) and archers' crit, such a little more hp and pdef are nothing!

On PVE side, knights are considered as trash, u might notice knights are totally ignored by 60+MP.

Moreover, even though the knights suck on all fields, the learning curve is much higher than two other classes, in other words, the people playing knights must be smarter than mages and archers, bcoz they have to make swift decision to use skills depends on sitation, so ridicously knights become most intelligent career in this game.

Tell u a true story: one day, an archer in my guild asked me to pilot his account when he absent, I said I never played archer before, he said: no worries, the only thing u do is press 1111111 during battle, easy like hell.

Originally posted by kattuktk View Post
          I guess this is the feeling that some of the archers and knights will have... are mages too damn OP in this game?? The sad part is that they are gonna be literally unstoppable after the much stronger troops come out to protect them. Myself being a knight is really cursing the day i went for this class instead of picking up a mage... I mean OK we all know that archers suck all right, they are probably the worst class in wartune in PvP(considering everything to be the same ofc) but ATLEAST they OWN the PvE aspects, but after the patch they have become alot better in PvE coz of the crit rate buff and knights have become pathetic...I mean seriously block has gone down and double attack doesnt seem to work that good anymore( i fail it ALOT more after the patch).. I have a few questions..... WHAT ARE THE KNIGHTS GOOD FOR IN THIS GAME(NAME THE EVENT)???..... WHAT ARE THE MAGES BAD IN THIS GAME(NAME THE EVENT)

Monkey King [S3] US EAST
          Character Name: Ghang

Wartune [S67] US EAST
          Character Name: Halifax

Comment

my response to this is all of the above is total **. Admitidly, knights are the hardest free to play class out there, but as a mage and archer, I LOVE it when a knight joins my arena team for the following reason. Apollo's shield. If you are getting owned, just whip out this beast of a shield (it got way boosted in this patch) and your team becomes virtually invincible for a few turns. My observation is as follows
            Knights<Archers
            Archers<Mages
            Mages<Knights
            Its actually surprisingly balanced, if you are getting owned, first make sure that that person isn't spending more money than you, then blame it on the class. Well placed $ can put you WAY ahead of your peers.
            As for the above tale about pressing 1. LOL, what a noob. Not the worst strat, but still pretty noob. With clothing, archers actually can do something OTHER than 1111111 :P
            None of you have ever been a weak mage or archer. I've been a weak player of all toons, and personally, it really doesn't matter. What does matter is that you don't throw away money.
            I do agree that knights have to play super super smart because they do have some of the weirdest cds in the game. But the other classes need to use their brains in pve, so we just get lazy in pvp

Comment

Dude I'm a mage and at lvl 65. and I'm now powerful at all. I don't know where you get off saying that us mages are over powering in the game. The only class that I see that is over powering is the archer no offense to you's. You take over the top 10 of the World Boss on all 3 of them you gets tons more gold then us that are at the bottom. You rarely see a mage in the top 10 of a world boss battle. But Only thing we are good at is just healing and without us you won be able to get anywhere without us.. You won't be able to through MP 60.. or mp 65 or any other dungeons that needs a mage. We are important in the game just like the Archer are needed for debuffing status effect against bosses. The knights are just tanks for us and to help protect us from strong hits. We all have a purpose if you wish for R2games to nurf us then you screw yourselves over in the dungeons as well. I struggle enough if you ask me. I have low HP and low pdef and plain and simple mages are not over powering at all. We are are just as powerful equally just archers have there critical hits that what makes them powerful but still they help us just as well as we do in help you as well. So before sayinig that were over powering you should think in why us mages are here after all.
              ImmortalSoul: S9
              Mage: Lvl 76

Comment

Originally posted by R25664847 View Post
                Moreover, even though the knights suck on all fields, the learning curve is much higher than two other classes, in other words, the people playing knights must be smarter than mages and archers, bcoz they have to make swift decision to use skills depends on sitation, so ridicously knights become most intelligent career in this game.

Tell u a true story: one day, an archer in my guild asked me to pilot his account when he absent, I said I never played archer before, he said: no worries, the only thing u do is press 1111111 during battle, easy like hell.
                Press 11111?
                Just what dungeon you go when you piloting it?

No one can make it if we had archer that only use 1 skill at MoonEvil or Demon Temple.
                As fas as I know, the most easy class to play on skill are knight.
                Im just doing back and forth using 1 and 2 with sometime using shield, on 1st boss in Moon, I start with AoE and waste every single rage with S.
                With archer, I need to save rage for scatter and deep. Yes, on archer I only use 1 skill, but I still need to make sure my timing is right when using deep and scatter... and praying I get crit so I don;t have to use rage rune so often.

And mages?
                this one just make me want to slam my head into some wall or anything else.
                3 map on MoonEvil and I switch skill 3 time. 1st map go with 3 heal skill, 2nd with 1 heal skill, 3rd with 3/4 heal skill. And I need to adapt it depend on who I go with.
                For Demon? Wrong calculation, you'll messed up.
                S24 - Reaper's Illusion
                IGN - Vein

Comment

Originally posted by R25664847 View Post
                  If R2 went after account sharing as they used to do, this would be one of the easiest admissions ever obtained.

Comment

I am sort of concerned about new troops too, hopefully they can last for awhile against mages. If only 2 aoe (guess) kills them then mages will get some extra turns to attack a single knight or archer while they clear troops. Also knights are still needed for MP, even with a cash archer to defend pdef it will get tough, I bet on the new MP dungeons that knights will be needed, knights with a lot of pdef also destroy archers still. There is still more parts to the update so I hope they can do better than just putting in new content that costs way too much

Comment

Originally posted by Immortalsoul(S9) View Post
                      Dude I'm a mage and at lvl 65. and I'm now powerful at all. I don't know where you get off saying that us mages are over powering in the game. The only class that I see that is over powering is the archer no offense to you's. You take over the top 10 of the World Boss on all 3 of them you gets tons more gold then us that are at the bottom. You rarely see a mage in the top 10 of a world boss battle. But Only thing we are good at is just healing and without us you won be able to get anywhere without us.. You won't be able to through MP 60.. or mp 65 or any other dungeons that needs a mage. We are important in the game just like the Archer are needed for debuffing status effect against bosses. The knights are just tanks for us and to help protect us from strong hits. We all have a purpose if you wish for R2games to nurf us then you screw yourselves over in the dungeons as well. I struggle enough if you ask me. I have low HP and low pdef and plain and simple mages are not over powering at all. We are are just as powerful equally just archers have there critical hits that what makes them powerful but still they help us just as well as we do in help you as well. So before sayinig that were over powering you should think in why us mages are here after all.
                      Have you tried going crit? It helps on WB. It will close the gap against archers... though not as much as you'd like. Minimum IMHO is 1500.

Comment

Originally posted by KnowingEyes7 View Post
                        Have you tried going crit? It helps on WB. It will close the gap against archers... though not as much as you'd like. Minimum IMHO is 1500.
                        Had it before.. I now have a lvl 7 Will dest.. add 35% more dmg to my attacks. i was getting less when I doing crt and it rarely ever hit crt at times.
                        ImmortalSoul: S9
                        Mage: Lvl 76

Comment

Originally posted by Immortalsoul(S9) View Post
                          Had it before.. I now have a lvl 7 Will dest.. add 35% more dmg to my attacks. i was getting less when I doing crt and it rarely ever hit crt at times.
                          I have WD at 6. However, with both crit astrals @ 6/6 plus LD medallion = nearly 2K. I can crit about 80% of the time on WB, if not more. They relaxed crit immunity (more like killed it) on WB so going crit really is the only way to truly compete.

Comment

Originally posted by R25940771 View Post
                            Dude mages dont really need a high hp and def. In BG''s they just dominate with rof, meteor and damnation and ur half dead by the time u get past their troops.. and a mage really just needs to concentrate on their hp just like an archer needs a crit and a knight concentrates on his block, mages dominate in arena too as they can wipe everyone out so quickly... THE MAIN problem i have is that in NO OTHER GAME have i seen that an aoe attack hits almost as hard as a single target attack and even if they wanted to give them a ******* strong aoe then they could have reduced their HP and PDEF more... for ex to increase the power of RoF by 25% u have to sacrifice 10% of ur HP or something(oN top of there being no passive hp boost) then it would have been fair

Comment

mages are not op just they are needed everywhere...
                              ☣CAIN☣

Comment

Working...
                              X