Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Server Transfer, Gm's Please Read And Take This post into consideration.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

we didnt mean that, there would be limit like if server has lvl 60 players, so other servers can transfer lvl 60 players.

Comment

MemoryLane thats all i needed to know, thank you very much.

Comment

Originally posted by MemoryLane View Post
        I have yet to play an mmo that allows transfers between servers, so it's not all other mmos that have this.

Regardless of the reasons why server transfers shouldn't be allowed, it comes down to one very simple explanation- it just isn't possible.

In order to even consider implementing such a feature, the original version would need to add it to their code, then R2 would need to do a complete rewrite of the database, logs, back end, payment coding, vip subscription system- and then they'd need to limit the number of accounts on each IP to one globally, due to the problems that would arise from the whole one account per server thing. That's just not going to happen, sorry.
        i think that, they wouldnt need to rewrite all codes lol, they would just need to get ip of every player, and write some codes down so u can transfer, it would be gr8 if that worked, but to get ip of every player R2 games would need about month, but im thinking that they are not willing to take that long time...

Comment

I think the area they need to improve is when you pick a server there should be a grouping of servers by time zones. I got lucky and though i am on the east coast, I am on a west coast server, but i like to stay up late. I think if they let people know the server time zone a lot more people would be happier.

Comment

Originally posted by Unified_Serenity View Post
            I think the area they need to improve is when you pick a server there should be a grouping of servers by time zones. I got lucky and though i am on the east coast, I am on a west coast server, but i like to stay up late. I think if they let people know the server time zone a lot more people would be happier.
            They *are* grouped by time zone... http://wartune.r2games.com/server/list

Comment

Originally posted by CreamySaucepan View Post
              They *are* grouped by time zone... http://wartune.r2games.com/server/list
              Well, now I feel totally stupid. I guess the error many make is they go to play the game and it recommends a server, and they click it. There is obviously a problem as many people click it and then realize later they are in a bad time zone. Newbies don't realize how important certain events are, while older players do, and might make smarter choices. I guess maybe it needs to be a little more obvious like warning message or time zone alert when you click to join your server. Thanks for the facts though CreamySaucepan.

Comment

Originally posted by Unified_Serenity View Post
                Well, now I feel totally stupid. I guess the error many make is they go to play the game and it recommends a server, and they click it. There is obviously a problem as many people click it and then realize later they are in a bad time zone. Newbies don't realize how important certain events are, while older players do, and might make smarter choices. I guess maybe it needs to be a little more obvious like warning message or time zone alert when you click to join your server. Thanks for the facts though CreamySaucepan.
                You're welcome ^_^ Though it is weird that the 'Recommended servers' aren't servers close to one's timezone. Can't be too difficult to recommend servers based on IP address or something?

Comment

In General totally 100% disagree with this idea. players like me and my server are under a 1 Guild server and we prepare only for a server merge to kick players ***'s now if transfering to a new server would toally make that pointless. now heres a scenario: server 1 = overload you wouldnt even b able to log in b/c of all the unrelentless lag so in general if you want to play with your friends go to there server and use the WORLD PROSPERITY to help you lvl and catch up faster. but of course u dont want to restart. but if your a smart gamer you would have picked up on the fact that after about a week in you should have started looking or asking ppl about different servers and their times only you have put yourself in this situation. i played my first server for about 2 weeks didnt even get to 40 before i was like ooo i see NEW SERVER would b alot smarter at this point
                  Last edited by Kolinko; 03-10-2013, 07:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MemoryLane View Post
                    I have yet to play an mmo that allows transfers between servers, so it's not all other mmos that have this.

Regardless of the reasons why server transfers shouldn't be allowed, it comes down to one very simple explanation- it just isn't possible.

In order to even consider implementing such a feature, the original version would need to add it to their code, then R2 would need to do a complete rewrite of the database, logs, back end, payment coding, vip subscription system- and then they'd need to limit the number of accounts on each IP to one globally, due to the problems that would arise from the whole one account per server thing. That's just not going to happen, sorry.
                    Seriously, you never played an mmo with server xfers? WoW? is a big one that allows xfers with a cost. I can name tons more if you want to but I really see no problems with xfer other than the fact people are able to bring items over (which right now can't be traded so that point doesn't matter.) and two higher lvls in a lower lvl server. Which is why I say make it only to older servers not new servers.

Comment

Working...
                    X