What would R2 do....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would R2 do....

What would R2 do if everyone, everywhere stopped funding any of their games? This game "Wartune" has taken a serious **** ever since 1.5 came out, or when they did server merges, I don't know which was worse. What I mean by this is 1) the clothing and such, not everyone can afford it, nor afford to increase its levels, 2)The events are obviously geared towards Archers(They seem to dominate them all because of their damage output, etc.), yeah they may have fixed BG a little bit, but that is one thing compared to all that needs fixing according to other people. My opinion as well as many others is that when R2 Fixes something(well attempts to), then they end up creating alot of other messes. I know programming & design isn't easy( I am far from computer savy), but the overall gaming experiance should be a benefit for all, not just those who have alot of $$$, or those whom feel they have to cheat to be badasses. Point is game used to be fun, and it is slowly going down the toilet if you know what I mean!
    Last edited by Ketis; 03-08-2013, 04:01 PM.

Thing is.. it will never happen. There will always be someone willing to pay, it's that way in every game. People talk a lot about WoW and how it's cheaper.. well WoW is $15 a month to play whether or not you buy anything else. This is free to play, you can choose to play and pay or just play. That's just reality and all the whatif's in the world won't change it.
    Last edited by Serrin; 03-08-2013, 07:47 PM.

Yeah, he's SOOOOOOO romantic

Personal: Married to the most wonderful man in the world. Love you, Kit. Cara 'ch, 'm blaidd.

Honesty is an expensive gift, don't expect it from cheap people.

Demented children don't impress me.

Comment

Clothing is too expensive.

Archers now open with lunatic fire, which completely unbalances the game. However, this is not the fault of R2. They are merely updating the patch according to the sequence provided by 7Roads.
      Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
      [No longer logging in]

Comment

I love you CondorHero
        I honestly hate the expensive thing but love the new content and yes it's such a pity we can't afford it. I can't for example and i'm very jealous of some clothes. I'll not give you personal information of what happened but i have spent money on this game and now i need for other things that i need. It's pretty sad. At the end you feel like **** spending all money on a game.

Originally posted by Serrin View Post
        Thing is.. it will never happen. There will always be someone willing to pay, it's that way in every game. People talk a lot about WoW and how it's cheaper.. well WoW is $15 a month to play whether or not you buy anything else. This is free to play, you can choose to play and pay or just play. That's just reality and all the whatif's in the world won't change it.
        Yes. This game is addictive. The design is made up to it.
        Last edited by Dervishh; 03-08-2013, 09:21 PM.

"One archie down, another one lays in the ground. Only one knight shall stand, because the other one perished before my hands."

IGN: Alma®
        Guild: One♥Piece
        Class: Mage
        Server: [S83] Fowlsfield Citadel

Comment

Well since R2 follows 7 Roads decree, then 7 Roads should do something about all of the recent nonsense on the game, I wonder if they(7 Roads) ever really consider what players are suggesting, or do they just leave it up to R2 knowing R2 cannot do anything w/o 7 Roads consent. Wake up 7 Roads, and let R2 make this game a little more balanced for all!!

Comment

Have to realize that in the chinese version of this game you get a lot more balens for your money. I think the Asian model is all players spend maybe 10-20 bucks on their game and get a ton of balens whereas here in the US its a small group of players that spend a ton of money while the majority are free players. That's where the unbalance comes from.
            Yitien:

Class: Assassin lvl 78
            BR: 67K
            Server: Qianfo Hall

Comment

I used to be a follower of Wartune. I saw how quickly it was advertised. There was a lot of pomp and circumstance. It is very easy to get drawn in - and that is the allure.

However, I am not a fan of the support. Only one or two moderators are consistently kind. Knowledgeable players are far more versed with some of the details and yet get dumped on - by way of direct counters that make no sense or posts disappearing. Tickets take an age to complete. I have one that is going on 3 months - and when trying to explain in exasperating detail about the issue, a cookie-cutter response is given by a seemingly never-ending merry-go-round of "GMs". Vets are non-existent on established servers - but even when they were there, they really weren't (AFK, poor/cryptic answers, conflicting "help"). Heck, even their newer games have more support - but that isn't surprising since new overrules old. It's classic bait-and-switch and you get the fleas with the dog. You buy the product (Balens) but you also inherit the problems with the poorly translated and goofed with software.

It's a shame really. The game, though a grind in some respects, is actually pretty good. The vast majority of the personnel and support behind it, sadly, is not.

Comment

i can't speak as nice as some here so xcuse the english but it is part because i am french and part because i am irate.

u have some of the rudest staff i have heard. i see some of the people here being rude but when someone who just needs some help asks very polite like gets a reply that puts me down about my english it makes me wonder why ppl play this game. imagine when people here have a problem and they know now they have to ask staff for help.

no way. i am leaving. i dont even post anywhere but this time i feel the need to.

get some better staff... not all are bad but a lot.

Comment

All I really have to say is that the prices are exorbitant. The game is playable (mostly) but it quickly turned into a payment fest. What really got me seeing red was there are a few ways to extract hard earned cash: The slow sap (WB revival, Balen buff), the hyper-inflated (marketplace) and the cash grab (the shop in general). What is even WORSE is that recently shop events (seemingly a source of their income) are not even announced anymore - or flat out late. This is inexcusable.

That said, where the heck is quality control?

Comment

Originally posted by 1Expendable1 View Post
                    All I really have to say is that the prices are exorbitant. The game is playable (mostly) but it quickly turned into a payment fest. What really got me seeing red was there are a few ways to extract hard earned cash: The slow sap (WB revival, Balen buff), the hyper-inflated (marketplace) and the cash grab (the shop in general). What is even WORSE is that recently shop events (seemingly a source of their income) are not even announced anymore - or flat out late. This is inexcusable.

That said, where the heck is quality control?
                    Some things are expensive; some things are okay.

Take for example WB. You don't have to buff (using balens) or revive. If you faithfully do WB 1-3 times a day without buffing or reviving, you make quite a bit of gold. All it takes is time.
                    Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
                    [No longer logging in]

Comment

Originally posted by CondorHero View Post
                      Some things are expensive; some things are okay.

Take for example WB. You don't have to buff (using balens) or revive. If you faithfully do WB 1-3 times a day without buffing or reviving, you make quite a bit of gold. All it takes is time.
                      Was going to tee off but after looking around before I did so, you seem to be one of the more approachable fellows. Can't say much for your 'friend' though.

I need to be more clear. What I mean is the types of extractions for cash that are occurring here. Most MMOs have a microtransaction model. Some have a subscription model. A distant few have both (but this is in the vast minority). This game borders on doing it all PLUS the lack of quality control. It's an undignified mess.

You did mention the world boss. Though it's a great source of gold and daru, that's in shambles too. On my server, it's a sea of archers with some mages peppered in towards the lower ranks. The top knights have gone critical, pun intended, with the gap still hugely evident. I thought the first dozen times were a statistical anomaly but after a month's worth, it's the same bag. Something's off here. On top of all that, the makers of the event have the audacity to reward the top few spots. Why would anyone PAY to be in the bottom based on class? That alone should have publishers noting the issue and scrambling to the developers for a fix. Why cut out a third of the playing population when the publisher and developer can have more?

On top of ALL this, Condor, where is the public relations? On other clusters, the developer gives feedback to common questions and issues - even going so far as to hint at what needs to be done at balancing the playfield. That would be GREAT to have here as it would certainly bolster support. Christ, throw the players a bone. :P

Keep doing what you do. It's noticed to those who care.

Comment

Interesting replies. Speaks volumes.

Comment

Working...
                        X