Battleground honor suggestion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battleground honor suggestion

I am only familiar with the 60s bracket where everyone has the same gear level but it is very difficult to gain honor now. Dryads was a feature that helped the lower levels to take out all the high levels farming them. Now that this is not a problem anymore dryads needs some adjusting. Currently as a level 6 vip I lose 200 honor to a lower ranker, yet I gain 59 honor for every kill. Imagine a free player losing 400honor and getting even less per kill. There are very very few players which we can kill without losing much health at all now (unless we are very high in gear level) and it takes 3 kills before we have enough points to restore our health I think. Since it only takes 1 or 2 stacks of dryads for people to kill the higher rankers apart from the really high players and the competition has increased so much with no low levels to farm the amount of honor lost is just too high.

My suggestion is to increase the honor loss based on the number of dryads stacks. For example if no dryads then lose 50, 100 with 1 stack and 150 with 2 and so on and adjust according to vip level. Either that or do it the other way around where the higher the dryads stack the less honor you lose. This will protect the honor of high levels but at the same time give the lesser geared players a good incentive.

I keep finding myself fighting players with dryads, some attack me and some I attack unknowing they have it and I average about 50-100honor now a battleground and with the current system hiding out in the spawn is encouraged for those with higher ranks unless they are really high geared.

Though this is a novel approach, most of the time it's the strategy that needs a boost. Also, there are still low BRed players in a bracket that depend on that Dryad's. Not everyone guns for honor; some like to hear players curse when losing a ton of honor.

Comment

This is "disguised" as a helping thread for free players.

Really, the honor system is fine as it is. It takes about 2 weeks for things to even out and settle down. If you've been constantly owned in BG, maybe its time to work on that BR and avoid BG for about 2 weeks.
      Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
      [No longer logging in]

Comment

It is no longer possible to afk BG. If after 5 mins your score does not change you are auto kicked.
        Deschain Leader of the Dragon Dogs Guild. DD has its sixth anniversary as a gaming family in May.
        Suggestion #1. Actually enforce your rules so tickets regarding cheaters are not just round filed.
        #2. There are 5k Threads regarding bugs. Click to see 101 pages worth of stuff that needs fixing.
        #3. Read the suggestions forums where you will find 5k threads on ways to make it better. Click for 101 pages worth of free suggestions.

Comment

This is not disguised as a help free players thread. Like I said I just hit VIP 6 so obviously I am not a free player and I will be ultimately biased towards myself with my idea. This is disguised as you want to call it as a non heavy casher but hard worker help thread. With the current system only low level rankers and the heavy cashers have the potential to get a lot of honor now. The players that work hard but not willing to spend heavy cash are the ones neglected in this current system.

Working on BR and avoiding battlegrounds for a bit does not work since it takes so long to build br at this level. I got no more gear to get, all level 5 gems and 3 level 6s and takes forever to upgrade one of them, soul crystals takes a few weeks to level up once, and guild skills I am working on but this takes a while to make much of a difference when you are all 6-9 in them, and astrals are a mix of 5s and 6s and takes a long time to level up now, academy is maxed with troop skills slowly going up but they die so quick anyway so this doesn't help much right now. I just finished getting the hurricane and with 1 world boss a day that takes a few weeks. But I am not complaining at the pace of getting anything just saying how unpractical that suggestion is of waiting to improve my br and going back to bg.

Also how am I getting owned in battleground? Never did I state that, and I was clear that I am not being. I can get about 7 or 8 kills sometimes but only get about 100honor.

I was trying to be reasonable and thoughtful in my suggestion where it wouldn't affect the balance too much and favor any particular type of player.

I guess I can wait and see if things stabilize as that was a good point as all servers are balanced differently from their battlegrounds.
          Last edited by R24877577; 03-12-2013, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Fix damn Battlegrounds..its so unfair now ...low lvl cant play at all....lvl difference should be 5 lvls max...so ppl would have a chance to do something....now , like this ...man ..is so frustrating...ppl wont play it ..

Example:
            Click image for larger version

Name:	untitled.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	333.8 KB
ID:	1664901

Comment

I would like to point out that the score is over 5k. The BG should have ended anyway. Guess this bug is still not fixed.
              Deschain Leader of the Dragon Dogs Guild. DD has its sixth anniversary as a gaming family in May.
              Suggestion #1. Actually enforce your rules so tickets regarding cheaters are not just round filed.
              #2. There are 5k Threads regarding bugs. Click to see 101 pages worth of stuff that needs fixing.
              #3. Read the suggestions forums where you will find 5k threads on ways to make it better. Click for 101 pages worth of free suggestions.

Comment

Originally posted by Mirka022 View Post
                Fix damn Battlegrounds..its so unfair now ...low lvl cant play at all....lvl difference should be 5 lvls max...so ppl would have a chance to do something....now , like this ...man ..is so frustrating...ppl wont play it ..

Example:
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]35709[/ATTACH]
                Oh, pfff.. be glad you won't have to face a lvl 70 in BG once you hit 40. Jeez, go cry somewhere else or get stronger. BG is fine as it is.

Comment

Yeah, really. I don't see what the lower levels have to complain about. Just spend more time slower leveling so your gear doesn't fall behind and leveling through to get the pvp set doesn't take too long. You all got what you wanted with more brackets, and some of you are complaining that isn't enough. already...

Comment

Originally posted by Mirka022 View Post
                    30-39, 40-80 split into more brackets and it's not enough for you. Geez.
                    Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
                    [No longer logging in]

Comment

Working...
                    X