First World Problems: Astrals Equipped:

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, so I'm now sat at level 48 and 99%.

A little over 1 level to go and I come back to this.

Current thinking is:

As I turn 50 - I'll hope to have a full Legend lvl 50 PvE set pretty soon after. Which opens up an extra 8 slots for me to play with.

Now I have been playing a little with crit around the WB. I don't want to go full crit build just yet. I don't have the slots spare just yet.

I have been toying with Block. It's my front runner at the moment. I reckon I can total up somewhere around 2k block with little effort: a level 6 block astral, and 8 level 5 block gems.

I've had HP suggested - but with 28k HP and a level 6 goddess blessing - I don't see any point to more HP. I'll gain enough from the legendary gear itself and the refinements.

Click image for larger version

Name:	lvl48.99.png
Views:	1
Size:	82.2 KB
ID:	1666927
    Click image for larger version

Name:	lvl48.png
Views:	1
Size:	108.0 KB
ID:	1666928

Any further thoughts from the forum lurkers?
    Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
    You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
    Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

ginger noob.....ur forgetting a basic...mdef, become a mage thats hated by other mages cuz of ur mdef.....

Comment

Originally posted by R23209055 View Post
        ginger noob.....ur forgetting a basic...mdef, become a mage thats hated by other mages cuz of ur mdef.....
        I want to be hated by everyone. Not just mages.
        You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P

Comment

As an archer who recently leveled to 60, I faced a similar problem. For me, the solution was simple, as I need MDEF, PDEF, Crit, Crit Damage, Blessing and PATK. Let me just comment a bit on the options you've got, and some pros and cons as I see them.

1. Block
          A solid choice for all classes, but due to the questionable formula this is usually ignored. If you like showing off, this is one of those that give a lot of BR, while actually helping in the meantime. This was my second choice (1st was the Blessing).
          2. Illusion
          Really nice when it works and saves your skin, but perhaps this would suit someone with less defensive/more offensive astrals better (because it blocks damage regardless of the amount). Consider it if you're doing a crit build (but then maybe toss the PDEF and get some DEF gems). Also, would probably stack badly with block.
          3. MDEF
          The standard choice for mages, but as I see it, you are pretty good for your level. Meaning, you can probably beat mages of your level (and a few levels above that) and building defense against them isn't your main problem.
          4. Regeneration
          A solid astral, but I never put much faith in it, even though it could help in some places (for example, it could automatically refill your health on lvl 59 in the BG if you'll be stronger than your opponents). Don't count on it much in the Spire. Mages do have more AoE than archers, so this could even be a solid choice for some events, but I'm not sure.
          5. Deflection
          Perhaps not the happiest choice, as you don't have enough HP and the total deflection you get per life isn't really much. However, again, I'd keep it somewhere, hidden, for a few reasons. Only the damage reflected against the boss in the final attack doesn't return as cash. The rest does, even though it's just a few hundred gold per boss fight. Also, places such as the Ward tower in GBs still damage themselves quite a lot (this could be why the ward tower attacks only once for a final attack).

TL, DR: Illusion and Deflection are fun. Block and MDEF give BR. Regeneration astrals mean sustain in long battles.

Comment

Originally posted by WickedSilk View Post
            As an archer who recently leveled to 60, I faced a similar problem. For me, the solution was simple, as I need MDEF, PDEF, Crit, Crit Damage, Blessing and PATK. Let me just comment a bit on the options you've got, and some pros and cons as I see them.

1. Block
            A solid choice for all classes, but due to the questionable formula this is usually ignored. If you like showing off, this is one of those that give a lot of BR, while actually helping in the meantime. This was my second choice (1st was the Blessing).
            Some earlier comments talked me out of deflection and regen.

I have kept the regen astral for a later date though.

The recent fixing of illusion no longer makes it such a good thing in my opinion. It's good. Just not as good as it was.

So going with the bit I quoted - I already have a blessing... so that's another vote for block... ^_^

Comment

Definetly go for M def, very good in crypt where u will need all the M def u can get vs eyes... all mages will make you ragequit without M def.

I'm lvl 61 now and i have destroyer, m atk, m def, p def, godess blessing and now im toying around with block since i didnt get yellow HP astral yet.

I want HP since suntoria is what makes the difference in mage vs mage where u have close to equal BR.. whoever heals more usually wins.

So forget about anything else but M def, if u dont care about pvp than u will need it in crypt believe me.

Comment

If I'm not mistaken, OP said that he already cleared the crypt, so MDEF isn't an issue there, as Necro levels where he might go for now are limited (and almost fully require PDEF).

And for PvP - I really don't know what it's like to fight mages from a mages perspective. What you say makes sense, but as OP said, approximately 1/3 of the population are mages, and other astrals affect all classes.

Comment

You should be going with MDEF unless you want to lose to every mage you fight who is equally geared as you. Every mage should have Matk, Will Destroyer (unless you're a crazy crit person), pdef and mdef astrals. The rest are just too low of proc rate or too situational to be a priority over those.

Regeneration sucks, sub-par proc rate and the healing rate is incorrect on the astral as well (Level 5 says heals 50%, but on a lightning bolt it will only heal 20-25% of damage done for example).

Comment

Originally posted by Mitashki View Post
                    Definetly go for M def,
                    Originally posted by R27381437 View Post
                    You should be going with MDEF
                    so 9500 MDEF at level 49, with a full lvl 50 legendary set looming - putting my MDEF in the region of 11k at lvl 50 is not enough?

I only know two mages at my level with enough MATK to break that MDEF. One of them is myself.

Comment

But you'll be L50 around Christmas, surely there will be new astrals out by then? Hell, whole new games?! haha

I would suggest
                      1) orange MDEF astro, 'cause there are L59 guys in the BGs who can still hurt you, or

2) wait and see what the 1.5.3 red astros are like, and get one of those if you have some star points saved.
                      Lord Drake currently lives in: S130 Dragonmar

Comment

my ideas/suggestion.

1st off: Mdef. You said you had many mdef gems, change mdef gems and get other stats, use the extra mdef from the astral to back up your mdef.
                        2: Something so easly ignored, yet works so well. Good ol' hp! A decent hp increase, seeing as your hp @26k could do with a boost. (i mean generally, those stats are ******* awesome for your lvl)
                        3: Block. When you get later medals, it stacks up to quite a nice boost.
                        4: Illusion: just cuz every other astral is total **** (among what choices are left) regen/deflects all those are 100% ****.

Comment

Originally posted by krackenker View Post
                          my ideas/suggestion.

1st off: Mdef. You said you had many mdef gems, change mdef gems and get other stats, use the extra mdef from the astral to back up your mdef.
                          2: Something so easly ignored, yet works so well. Good ol' hp! A decent hp increase, seeing as your hp @26k could do with a boost. (i mean generally, those stats are ******* awesome for your lvl)
                          4: Illusion: just cuz every other astral is total **** (among what choices are left) regen/deflects all those are 100% ****.

illusion is probably the worst astral you can get now. Might as well get guardian angel or brillance instead. Unless you plan on getting lvl 10 illusion it doesn't proc as much as it use to proc. It isn't worth the time or money I say.

Comment

Originally posted by GingerTheHutt View Post
                            so 9500 MDEF at level 49, with a full lvl 50 legendary set looming - putting my MDEF in the region of 11k at lvl 50 is not enough?

I only know two mages at my level with enough MATK to break that MDEF. One of them is myself.
                            It depends on how much you want to win. There will be people in the 50-59 BG who make you seem like a little bug, same sort of stuff you'll be facing in the arena too at times. If you are really against it then the other choice is Block or +HP. The %chance Astrals all suck (I've played with all of them at level 5/6).

I should add that the extra mdef really comes in handy in arena and guild battles when you're facing multiple mages. I'm a pretty well geared level 68 and when I face other mages my level I can often take several of them at the same time, something that would not be possible without my extra mdef.
                            Last edited by R27381437; 04-22-2013, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ecla2 View Post
                              But you'll be L50 around Christmas, surely there will be new astrals out by then? Hell, whole new games?! haha

I would suggest
                              1) orange MDEF astro, 'cause there are L59 guys in the BGs who can still hurt you, or

2) wait and see what the 1.5.3 red astros are like, and get one of those if you have some star points saved.
                              1. I agree that there will be peeps in the BG who can hurt me. To be honest, I'm looking forward to a good challenge. It's been a while since I got spanked properly. That said MDEF caters to 1/3 of the population. block/HP/crit/charisma are all helpful against all players. I understand the reasoning behind MDEF - I just think I'd rather put something more versatile in instead.

2. Yes. I'm excited about red astrals, and impatiently awaiting them. Though I know that my first purchase will be PDEF. My second will more than likely be MATK. But I may shock everyone and settle on PATK just to shake things up a bit...

Originally posted by krackenker View Post
                              You're gonna need to be a bit more specific with your replies.

1. I have currently 8 MATK, 8 MDEF and 8 PDEF gems equipped. You can see my stats above. Once I have the legendary set - that'll be 8 more slots open and available to be filled. It's all well and good saying get other stats, what exactly do you suggest?

you have 24 gem slots to play with. Assume all gems are level 5.

This is my difficulty right now. I'm a bit stuck and am looking for ideas.

2. 27k HP with essentially an 18% on top (due to goddess), so an effective HP total of ~33400 HP currently. I can potentially stack HP into 8 gem slots and add a lvl 6 HP astral into the new slot. that'll give me in the region of 40k+ HP, nearer to 50k with the effects of goddess blessing. Chunky.

Here I'm so fat you can't kill me. And while you try to take out my flabby ***... I'm gonna eat another doughnut.

3. Block is my current favourite (although the flabby fat mage idea fits my username quite nicely... hmmm), unless you address point 1 in a truly spectacular and genius fashion!

4. Illusion is more sucky than a house behind a red light, in a quiet back street of Amsterdam.

Comment

Originally posted by R27381437 View Post
                                It depends on how much you want to win. There will be people in the 50-59 BG who make you seem like a little bug, same sort of stuff you'll be facing in the arena too at times. If you are really against it then the other choice is Block or +HP. The %chance Astrals all suck (I've played with all of them at level 5/6).

I should add that the extra mdef really comes in handy in arena and guild battles when you're facing multiple mages. I'm a pretty well geared level 68 and when I face other mages my level I can often take several of them at the same time, something that would not be possible without my extra mdef.
                                I like winning. I take losing in a really fun spammy battle over winning though. I'm here to have fun, make friends... yadda yada, blah blah...

Yes I'm aware that there are people who will squish me without a second thought. I'm prepared for that and have no problem with it.

It's not that I'm against MDEF - I prefer to be more versatile. Block & HP both work against all classes.

Comment

Working...
                                X