No announcement yet.

First World Problems: Astrals Equipped:

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ginger!!! I really have fun when you make threads... I read every posts here.

I'll share mine... Since I play mostly for fun, (being strong is just a second priority) I used on my fifth slot for Enhanced Deflection and/or Enhanced Ruthlessness

I use Deflection since I love seeing people die when they attack me, especially in duel and 3v3 arena... (I find it funny when the players thought I'll be killed by their last blow, thus they think they win, but then they lose the battle.. This has happened to me twice... There was also this case when a knight who got killed after he attacked me, he kneeled, er, prayed in front of me... I had a good laugh). Another thing is that after the patch update, Deflection procs oftenly now than before... I noticed it, because I used deflection oftenly even before I was level 50... Procs more, I am more happier (lol)

During wb, I change my Deflection astral to Ruthlessness... Many people hated this astral, but I find it fun to use.... My regular (first bar) is approximately 33k per round... One time I was able to get 40k per round, still on the first bar of hp... The lowest I got was 30k at first bar hp...

Well, I suggest these astrals for fun, but choose the others if you want to be a terror mage... But you are already terrible.... (well if you want to be more terrible).
    I wouldn't suggest Illusion... Cause lots of people use it... Personally, I think Illusion is chosen by people who are doubting their strength, um, well, on other term, frankly telling, insecure people... You want to be different... Different, but still strong.. Differently strong (?)

oh, adding these... Maybe you could try Enhanced Guardian Angel, make yourself a tank, then duel an archer... Try to see how long the battle ends... just saying...
    If you think you are smart, then you are at the height of your stupidity.
    -quoted from R.K.

Comment

Originally posted by GingerTheHutt View Post
      But I may shock everyone and settle on PATK just to shake things up a bit...

4. Illusion is more sucky than a house behind a red light, in a quiet back street of Amsterdam.
      Lol!!! Double 'like'!!! i haven't really thought about using patk astral. LoL!
      -quoted from R.K.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueEarth View Post
        Ginger!!! I really have fun when you make threads... I read every posts here.

I'll share mine... Since I play mostly for fun, (being strong is just a second priority) I used on my fifth slot for Enhanced Deflection and/or Enhanced Ruthlessness

I use Deflection since I love seeing people die when they attack me, especially in duel and 3v3 arena... (I find it funny when the players thought I'll be killed by their last blow, thus they think they win, but then they lose the battle.. This has happened to me twice... There was also this case when a knight who got killed after he attacked me, he kneeled, er, prayed in front of me... I had a good laugh). Another thing is that after the patch update, Deflection procs oftenly now than before... I noticed it, because I used deflection oftenly even before I was level 50... Procs more, I am more happier (lol)

During wb, I change my Deflection astral to Ruthlessness... Many people hated this astral, but I find it fun to use.... My regular (first bar) is approximately 33k per round... One time I was able to get 40k per round, still on the first bar of hp... The lowest I got was 30k at first bar hp...

Well, I suggest these astrals for fun, but choose the others if you want to be a terror mage... But you are already terrible.... (well if you want to be more terrible).
        I wouldn't suggest Illusion... Cause lots of people use it... Personally, I think Illusion is chosen by people who are doubting their strength, um, well, on other term, frankly telling, insecure people... You want to be different... Different, but still strong.. Differently strong (?)

oh, adding these... Maybe you could try Enhanced Guardian Angel, make yourself a tank, then duel an archer... Try to see how long the battle ends... just saying...
        Heheh... I know what I'm gonna be doing over the next few months to kill some time... ^_^ acquiring and leveling deflection... lol...

I'm not sure about ruthlessness. I can see it's advantages. but overall - the average damage you deal isn't gonna be any different. So I'm not keen on it. I'm playing with crit on the WB only currently and finding it to be quite rewarding.

So after a prolonged discussion with a guildie: the current plan is:

the 5th astral slot: Block.

6 of the 8 gem slots: Block

the remaining 2 of the 8 gem slots: HP

This will give me a block total of over 2k, with an additional ~2500 HP. Not taking into account equipment refinements, or wing % bonus.
        Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
        You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
        Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

Heheh... I know what I'm gonna be doing over the next few months to kill some time... ^_^ acquiring and leveling deflection... lol...

I'm not sure about ruthlessness. I can see it's advantages. but overall - the average damage you deal isn't gonna be any different. So I'm not keen on it. I'm playing with crit on the WB only currently and finding it to be quite rewarding.

This will give me a block total of over 2k, with an additional ~2500 HP. Not taking into account equipment refinements, or wing % bonus.
          Well, this is coming from a knight, but you prob. will not need that many block gems. I keep my block around 2k-ish and i block a very healthy amount. But i read in a previous post in this thread you were gonna get block astral to lvl 6? thats 1500 block, each lvl 5 block gem gives +88 but dont forget soul engraving, with lvl 14 SE you get an extra +24, so +88+24= 112 per gem. lvl 6 block astrals + 4 block gems will get you where you need to be. As for the rest I would heavily suggest more HP gems as once you get into 50-59 BG and you see how much you are stunned and losing turns from holy seal, you will thank god you had enough HP to take some more hits.

Comment

Originally posted by bleedingxorange View Post
            Well, this is coming from a knight, but you prob. will not need that many block gems. I keep my block around 2k-ish and i block a very healthy amount. But i read in a previous post in this thread you were gonna get block astral to lvl 6? thats 1500 block, each lvl 5 block gem gives +88 but dont forget soul engraving, with lvl 14 SE you get an extra +24, so +88+24= 112 per gem. lvl 6 block astrals + 4 block gems will get you where you need to be. As for the rest I would heavily suggest more HP gems as once you get into 50-59 BG and you see how much you are stunned and losing turns from holy seal, you will thank god you had enough HP to take some more hits.
            How often would you say you block? I'm sitting at around 1400 block right now on my mage and it doesn't seem quite often enough to be really nice yet.

Comment

U dont have to listen to anyone but my 2 cents are :

1, i dont think 1/3 of population are mages, i barely go into 3v3 where there is not a mage or 2. Most of our server is all mages and archers, there is only few strong knights left - mostly cashers.

2, u will find M def very usefull in GoD and tarraton's, all MP dungeons and spire will require M def, dont waste ur rage on healing when u can have high def's.

GL

Comment

I'd do full HP gems. approx 8-10k HP? An additional 600 or so heal from Suntoria + What you already have, and use Block astral if you want block. The block gems add too little compared to HP gems/Block astral.
                Using PVE gear I start out with RoF + Blessed Light, to counter Archers/Knights throwing out AoEs of their own. Keeping my troops alive for them to waste turns on. Then follow up with Suntoria. Further delaying the death of my troops. =)

Comment

Replacing gems will make his def's even lower unless he has legendary gear..

Block gems on mage seem to be a very bad solution.. M atk, m def, p def, hp all the way what else u need?...

Block doesnt proc that often and he will get bigtime spanking in the 50-59 BG without the extra M def.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitashki View Post
                    Replacing gems will make his def's even lower unless he has legendary gear..

Block gems on mage seem to be a very bad solution.. M atk, m def, p def, hp all the way what else u need?...

Block doesnt proc that often and he will get bigtime spanking in the 50-59 BG without the extra M def.
                    Doesn't block proc often the higher the value the block is?
                    That is why he's going to make his block over 2k in value. The higher the value, the higher it procs, the higher it blocks damage.
                    (Ok, i'm not really too sure about that proc rate, but I remember reading it in some threads...)
                    Block would be better since it can lower the damage of both the matk of mages and patk of archer and knights, unlike mdef only which is only suitable for the mage opponents.. Block would be suitable not only to mages but also to the other two classes..
                    -quoted from R.K.

Comment

You're gonna need to be a bit more specific with your replies.

1. I have currently 8 MATK, 8 MDEF and 8 PDEF gems equipped. You can see my stats above. Once I have the legendary set - that'll be 8 more slots open and available to be filled. It's all well and good saying get other stats, what exactly do you suggest?

you have 24 gem slots to play with. Assume all gems are level 5.

This is my difficulty right now. I'm a bit stuck and am looking for ideas.

2. 27k HP with essentially an 18% on top (due to goddess), so an effective HP total of ~33400 HP currently. I can potentially stack HP into 8 gem slots and add a lvl 6 HP astral into the new slot. that'll give me in the region of 40k+ HP, nearer to 50k with the effects of goddess blessing. Chunky.

Here I'm so fat you can't kill me. And while you try to take out my flabby ***... I'm gonna eat another doughnut.

3. Block is my current favourite (although the flabby fat mage idea fits my username quite nicely... hmmm), unless you address point 1 in a truly spectacular and genius fashion!

4. Illusion is more sucky than a house behind a red light, in a quiet back street of Amsterdam.
                      1: Get mdef astral, change about 4-6 mdef gems for hp gems... The output should be better then getting hp astral.
                      2: (@1 aswell with the hp gem part). You can't count it that way, you forget essential parts like how max hp affects ex. suntoria. Like I said on #1, get Mdef astral and replace some mdef gems with hp, that hp will help you better then all other astrals can (except those you alrdy use ofc) It will also be essential when you hit 50, cuz there are some high lvls monsters with better stats and high lvl seals, atm your hp doesnt cut it to fight those. My advice: get around 9.5-10k base mdef (with mdef astral) then replace all other mdef gems (if any you can replace and retain a minimum of 9.5k mdef, which you should be able to) with hp, your hp will make a great boost. It is better to take mdef astral and replace gems with hp instead, rather then taking hp.
                      3: Yes it is good, but I would say use it @60.... unless you can backit up with a block medal.. otherwise it's not enough to do much help.
                      4: Yep it is.. just saying that every other sucks even worse.

Comment

Originally posted by krackenker View Post
                        1: Get mdef astral, change about 4-6 mdef gems for hp gems... The output should be better then getting hp astral.
                        2: (@1 aswell with the hp gem part). You can't count it that way, you forget essential parts like how max hp affects ex. suntoria. Like I said on #1, get Mdef astral and replace some mdef gems with hp, that hp will help you better then all other astrals can (except those you alrdy use ofc) It will also be essential when you hit 50, cuz there are some high lvls monsters with better stats and high lvl seals, atm your hp doesnt cut it to fight those. My advice: get around 9.5-10k base mdef (with mdef astral) then replace all other mdef gems (if any you can replace and retain a minimum of 9.5k mdef, which you should be able to) with hp, your hp will make a great boost. It is better to take mdef astral and replace gems with hp instead, rather then taking hp.
                        3: Yes it is good, but I would say use it @60.... unless you can backit up with a block medal.. otherwise it's not enough to do much help.
                        4: Yep it is.. just saying that every other sucks even worse.
                        ok so your suggestion is stick in MDEF astral, and knock out gems till I get around 10k MDEF.

ok so that leaves me with the following setup:

8 MATK gems
                        8 PDEF gems
                        2 MDEF gems
                        8 HP gems

6 empty gem slots.

What do I stick in the empty gem slots?
                        You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
                        Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

ok so your suggestion is stick in MDEF astral, and knock out gems till I get around 10k MDEF.

ok so that leaves me with the following setup:

8 MATK gems
                          8 PDEF gems
                          2 MDEF gems
                          8 HP gems

6 empty gem slots.

What do I stick in the empty gem slots?
                          Oh did you have legend? Go 8x all of the,.. thought you had pvp
                          If you got legend.. hm.. I would say hp astral then... oooor... maybe charm, with templars that actually helps.

Comment

HP Astral will be good, more HP more regain from suntoria, it will help u alooooot

Comment

I'd prob go with mdef 1st, seems to be more mages than 1/3rd atleast, can never really have too much mdef for ga, bg and gb besides, it gives the most br out of the astrals for you, if that matters at all to you

2nd block, since the amount of hp you get from the investment into orange hp astral is far too lackluster really, imo...and block should help more overall

Comment

Originally posted by R27381437 View Post
                                How often would you say you block? I'm sitting at around 1400 block right now on my mage and it doesn't seem quite often enough to be really nice yet.
                                i've never even attempted to try an crunch the numbers, but its a decent amount. I have noticed that i block way in pve than i do in pvp or maybe it just seems that way, but in pve i would say i block once every 3-4 hits sometimes more, sometimes less. in pvp its never consistent iv had fights where i blocked almost every hit and others i blocked none.

Comment

Working...
                                X