Announcement

Collapse

Crystal Saga Costume Design Contest

Play Crystal Saga or Crystal Saga 2 and have ideas for new costumes? Enter the Costume Design Contest! Click here for more information
See more
See less

First World Problems: Astrals Equipped:

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GingerTheHutt
    started a topic First World Problems: Astrals Equipped:

First World Problems: Astrals Equipped:

ok so I'm a level 47 mage and struggling to decide what to chose as my 5th Astral, for when I hit level 50.

So this is what I have currently equipped:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Astrals.png
Views:	1
Size:	103.0 KB
ID:	1735061

My current thinking for my 5th slot is either Enhanced Deflection or Enhanced Regeneration. However I can't decide which I think is better.

So this is where you come in:

which would you chose? and why?

or have I missed something really basic and should I have something else instead?

Here are my stats as is, so you can see a bit more about me, to assist in your deliberations...

Click image for larger version

Name:	stats.png
Views:	1
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	1735062

• czero01
    replied
    Go for Block or deflection., base on experience. thats it.
    im currently lvl57 mage now and i still remember the first day i steped the stage of lvl50 BG almost makes me fall from my chair when i saw 45-55kBR archers and mages roaring the whole BG. . . orange illusion not much help during lvl50's. . .
    Block for better surviving and Deflection for a "kick-Back"., when you die, you knew who you must hunt coz of he/she got low hp after battling with you.

Leave a comment:

• Mitashki
    replied
    I had the same thinking but than on the second hand all HP upgrades besides from gems provide very low effect (guild skills, academy, refines etc...) but when u have them in most of the gear and on top of that u have guild skills learned it does make difference of few K..

Suntoria is extremely strong in mage vs mage pvp's. Since we dont crit its more or less the same dmg over and over and we wait for the bonus dmg rounds. And when u get 1,6k from suntoria and ur opponent gets 2.1k from suntoria it really does make a big deal.

Im struggling myself now with pretty low HP for my lvl (32k on lvl 62) and thats because i have only 3 HP gems and the rest is all M atk/P def/M def

I have 200 block from gear but i would refine it anytime for HP but im gettin 60+ refine crystals and dont have any to refine my 55 pvp set.

While u can get the most from the set by refining since the 55 set u will be stuck with for ages.

Once i turn my 50 rings legendary i will get more HP

Leave a comment:

• R27381437
    replied
    ^^ I think clueless is right. You are right on with all the priorities. Although HP is super low on refines, even at level 10 on level 60 legendary gear. I would rather almost anything else, especially Block if you're going with the Block astral for level 60 astral (You shouldn't take it before then, and at 60 the astral is pretty much a tossup)

Leave a comment:

• Mitashki
    replied
    Guys why u make a mess in the guy's poor head...

I always check ppl's build in arena in case i loose and trying to find out what made me loose, if it was higher M def, higher M atk, better medailon better astrals etc etc, next to that i also look at top mages in pvp rankings and those who are able to score very high on WB.

What ALL of them share is :

M atk, M def, P def, Godess blessing astral

Most of them have will destroyer and there is few with Crit / Crit power

The last astral which is different is either HP / Block / Ilusion

As for gems => never seen anything else than M atk, P def, M def, HP, how can u advice a mage to put charisma or block in those precious gem slots?

Next to that Ginger make sure to refine ur gear (i would refine the 55 set, dont waste money on the 45 set)

and get only stats which REALLY benefit you :

Intel
    M atk
    Defense
    P def
    M def
    HP
    Endurance

in ideal scenario u will have both Critical and Block stat on 10 (unless boosted by medailon).

I have the feeling that ppl posting here are either clueless (some of them) or playing another class who have no idea what mage really needs.

Leave a comment:

• linhalove
    replied
    Originally posted by ElusionM View Post
    My opinion on Deflection;
    1. If you reflect a lot of damage, odds are you're weaker and going to die anyways
    2. If you reflect a little damage, odds are you're stronger and going to win anyways
    3. Evenly matched - You're probably better with another astral.
    Same could be said for regeneration I guess.

Since you have neglected to choose Mdef as an obvious choice, I would suggest Charm to help boost troops for fights against Archers and Warriors.
    Outside that I would consider Illusion or Guardian angel.
    Good logic except for the two flaws, one "you are probably better with another astral". I have fought many people who i am evenly matched with and the extra 2k-5k damage my deflection returns has made the difference. In fact this is the one astral that makes the difference with evenly matched players. We both see this is going to be a fight to the finish, and they attack me and take an extra heap of damage somewhere along the line, it really throws off their strategy in the fight. Don't count deflection out, it may be worth a try.

Your second flaw is that if you are stronger and going to win anyways, or weaker and going to die anyways, then it doesn't matter what astrals you have. The only cases that matter are when it is close.
    Last edited by linhalove; 04-24-2013, 02:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

• CreamySaucepan
    replied
    Originally posted by R23221469 View Post
    You could go Goddess at 50, Block at 60 and Regen at 70. Solid defense build, but I really like it when deflection goes off .... I like it alot!
    He already has Goddess, though. He has MATT, PDEF, WD and Goddess at lvl 48.

Leave a comment:

• R23221469
    replied
    Personally, I like deflection. Everybody aoe in arena, have some back! Or they do 20k to you and take 60k back (yeah, yeah, my math sux, but u get the idea) and for level 60, I'm thinking with all the new crit builds, guardian angel will tick quite a few ppl off, but still very situational. But I do like my my refined goddess blessing. that should be first. then play with deflection, block or regeneration. You could go Goddess at 50, Block at 60 and Regen at 70. Solid defense build, but I really like it when deflection goes off .... I like it alot!

P.S. I do like my HP astral, it really, really helps.

Leave a comment:

• IronBorn
    replied
    Originally posted by bladewarior View Post
    based on both astral observations and its something i havent read anywhere the amount healed from regen astral is small but the deflect one theres a kick and if someone confirm my observations plz do so i think deflect dmg is based on the dmg before defens and dmg reduce kicks in so raw dmg cause im using a 60% deflect one wich deflects full dmg done on me when it procs
    I use deflection on my mage and it is a big help. It does calculate the return damage before any reduction from Aegis or Guardian Angel, so that is a good thing.
    I also use regeneration on my knight, and it only heals base damage, without any bonuses from will destroyer, medallion, etc. (at least in my experience). The disadvantage mages have with regeneration is they use attacks with multiple hits (RoF and meteor hit twice) which will heal you less than one big hit like a knight's ultimate slasher.

Leave a comment:

• bleedingxorange
    replied
    Originally posted by R27381437 View Post
    How often would you say you block? I'm sitting at around 1400 block right now on my mage and it doesn't seem quite often enough to be really nice yet.
    i've never even attempted to try an crunch the numbers, but its a decent amount. I have noticed that i block way in pve than i do in pvp or maybe it just seems that way, but in pve i would say i block once every 3-4 hits sometimes more, sometimes less. in pvp its never consistent iv had fights where i blocked almost every hit and others i blocked none.

Leave a comment:

• gruntar
    replied
    I'd prob go with mdef 1st, seems to be more mages than 1/3rd atleast, can never really have too much mdef for ga, bg and gb besides, it gives the most br out of the astrals for you, if that matters at all to you

2nd block, since the amount of hp you get from the investment into orange hp astral is far too lackluster really, imo...and block should help more overall

Leave a comment:

• R26750903
    replied
    HP Astral will be good, more HP more regain from suntoria, it will help u alooooot

Leave a comment:

• krackenker
    replied
    Originally posted by GingerTheHutt View Post
    ok so your suggestion is stick in MDEF astral, and knock out gems till I get around 10k MDEF.

ok so that leaves me with the following setup:

8 MATK gems
    8 PDEF gems
    2 MDEF gems
    8 HP gems

6 empty gem slots.

What do I stick in the empty gem slots?
    Oh did you have legend? Go 8x all of the,.. thought you had pvp
    If you got legend.. hm.. I would say hp astral then... oooor... maybe charm, with templars that actually helps.

Leave a comment:

• GingerTheHutt
    replied
    Originally posted by krackenker View Post
    1: Get mdef astral, change about 4-6 mdef gems for hp gems... The output should be better then getting hp astral.
    2: (@1 aswell with the hp gem part). You can't count it that way, you forget essential parts like how max hp affects ex. suntoria. Like I said on #1, get Mdef astral and replace some mdef gems with hp, that hp will help you better then all other astrals can (except those you alrdy use ofc) It will also be essential when you hit 50, cuz there are some high lvls monsters with better stats and high lvl seals, atm your hp doesnt cut it to fight those. My advice: get around 9.5-10k base mdef (with mdef astral) then replace all other mdef gems (if any you can replace and retain a minimum of 9.5k mdef, which you should be able to) with hp, your hp will make a great boost. It is better to take mdef astral and replace gems with hp instead, rather then taking hp.
    3: Yes it is good, but I would say use it @60.... unless you can backit up with a block medal.. otherwise it's not enough to do much help.
    4: Yep it is.. just saying that every other sucks even worse.
    ok so your suggestion is stick in MDEF astral, and knock out gems till I get around 10k MDEF.

ok so that leaves me with the following setup:

8 MATK gems
    8 PDEF gems
    2 MDEF gems
    8 HP gems

6 empty gem slots.

What do I stick in the empty gem slots?

Leave a comment:

• krackenker
    replied
    Originally posted by GingerTheHutt View Post

You're gonna need to be a bit more specific with your replies.

1. I have currently 8 MATK, 8 MDEF and 8 PDEF gems equipped. You can see my stats above. Once I have the legendary set - that'll be 8 more slots open and available to be filled. It's all well and good saying get other stats, what exactly do you suggest?

you have 24 gem slots to play with. Assume all gems are level 5.

This is my difficulty right now. I'm a bit stuck and am looking for ideas.

2. 27k HP with essentially an 18% on top (due to goddess), so an effective HP total of ~33400 HP currently. I can potentially stack HP into 8 gem slots and add a lvl 6 HP astral into the new slot. that'll give me in the region of 40k+ HP, nearer to 50k with the effects of goddess blessing. Chunky.

Here I'm so fat you can't kill me. And while you try to take out my flabby ***... I'm gonna eat another doughnut.

3. Block is my current favourite (although the flabby fat mage idea fits my username quite nicely... hmmm), unless you address point 1 in a truly spectacular and genius fashion!

4. Illusion is more sucky than a house behind a red light, in a quiet back street of Amsterdam.
    1: Get mdef astral, change about 4-6 mdef gems for hp gems... The output should be better then getting hp astral.
    2: (@1 aswell with the hp gem part). You can't count it that way, you forget essential parts like how max hp affects ex. suntoria. Like I said on #1, get Mdef astral and replace some mdef gems with hp, that hp will help you better then all other astrals can (except those you alrdy use ofc) It will also be essential when you hit 50, cuz there are some high lvls monsters with better stats and high lvl seals, atm your hp doesnt cut it to fight those. My advice: get around 9.5-10k base mdef (with mdef astral) then replace all other mdef gems (if any you can replace and retain a minimum of 9.5k mdef, which you should be able to) with hp, your hp will make a great boost. It is better to take mdef astral and replace gems with hp instead, rather then taking hp.
    3: Yes it is good, but I would say use it @60.... unless you can backit up with a block medal.. otherwise it's not enough to do much help.
    4: Yep it is.. just saying that every other sucks even worse.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X