How to balance the WB: Suggestion:

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to balance the WB: Suggestion:

Ok So many peeps find the WB to be unfair in favour of archers and their high DPS.

So I've been thinking about a potential solution to bring the other classes into line.

So here are my suggestions to change WB:

1) Change how the damage the WB deals is dealt. As is - everyone dies on the 6th hit regardless. I would change it so the damage the WB does, rises incrementally with each attack survived. (The numbers here are as example only to demonstrate the progressive damage rise). I would also make the WB deal two attacks per turn (like an archer multishot) - each at the same strength - only one as PATK and one as MATK.

Thus on attack round 1 - WB deals 2.5k Magic damage and 2.5k physical damage. On attack round 2 - WB deals 5k Magic damage and 5k physical damage. On R3 - 7.5k Magic damage and 7.5k physical damage. Player stats, resistances etc all vary that, but as the damage increases every player will die eventually.

2) Take damage taken/resisted into affect: so high block builds, high HP builds - so you get extra gold/daru for surviving longer. Block etc become useful and knights will start taking home loads extra because of this.

3) Add an extra target. So there is a head and body. This brings mages AoE into better effect with more damage from mages, to counter the survivability of knights.

Thus:

Archers: high DPS = high gold/daru, moderate def = moderate gold/daru
    Knights: moderate DPS = moderate gold/daru, higher HP, block and damage resistance = high gold/daru
    mages: AoE damage = high gold, lower HP & defence = low gold.

I think if all these were implemented in a properly balanced fashion that all the classes would be happier:

Discuss.
    Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
    You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
    Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

learn to spend , do you really think the top ten are there because theyre strongest? no its because we pay.
    BuzzKill
    Shadow Vale

Comment

Originally posted by Mudokon View Post
      learn to spend , do you really think the top ten are there because theyre strongest? no its because we pay.
      Are you gonna tell me there is no disparity between the gold taken home by an archer / knight / mage all of similar BR/lvl?
      You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
      Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

Some hopefully 'simple' ideas tossed around over here:

* Gold/daru ratio or damage for knights/mages increased.
        * Cap instance damage per event.
        * Allow ulti or shadow to be more easily comboable for WB only (knight) - suit to taste for mages.
        * Adjust each world boss to be “weak” to a certain class.
        * Top rewards (250k,200k,150k) to be distributed by class.
        * WB instance by class.
        Last edited by KnowingEyes7; 03-16-2013, 12:35 AM. Reason: Adapting.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudokon View Post
          This comment is not helping at all. You are putting yourself down by saying you paid instead of saying it is skill. Archers are far and above dominant on world boss over mages and even more so knights. A knight with 4k (and probably more) patk will lose to you on world boss. I only ever see a knight in there who is using a lot of balens. Mages are still significantly behind but not near as bad as knights.

Archers are dominant in guild altar and particularly necropolis which if you are willing to use 3 crypt keys is quit important for higher levels in there.

I suggest nerfing double hit for archers so it makes it harder for you to double hit.
          Nerfing your attack speed but in a way it doesn't affect your pvp so you can't be done faster than the other classes racking up more attempts.
          Buffing will destroyer so the other 2 classes get a boost. It could be needed now crit got a boost. Crypts? Only mages are stronger than archers past level 50 but crypts is earlier game and all classes around level 55 complete it.

The problem is all the solo events where you do not fight as a team are all single target and this is where the rewards are the greatest.
          Last edited by R24877577; 03-15-2013, 10:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by R24877577 View Post
            This comment is not helping at all. You are putting yourself down by saying you paid instead of saying it is skill.
            There are actually skills involved in this game?
            Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
            [No longer logging in]

Comment

Here is an idea some people will hate

why not nerf crit and block inside WB

this way we all deal normal damage

no crit damage
              no block damage

archers have high Pattk in normal terms so they will deal damage like usual and knights and mages use will destroyer to match archers damage

after this the only way to hit top 10 is the person who uses more revives and the person who spent more to get higher attack

seems simple right

i know i know archers are gonna be against me but trust me their damage is not gonna drop in fact it will be normal
              Learn the search function and use the search function help r2 by reducing the threads which might have already been posted

I am a 100% Noob

I AM STILL PURE NON CASHER WHO WILL NOT SPEND

Become a friend and be kind

hate and violence only brings wars which will lead to casualties

MY GUIDES:
              [Guide-How to reduce lag]

I THANK YOU FOR YOUR HARD WORK

Comment

I have to say very well thought out Ginger, excellent suggestion!
                Deschain Leader of the Dragon Dogs Guild. DD has its sixth anniversary as a gaming family in May.
                Suggestion #1. Actually enforce your rules so tickets regarding cheaters are not just round filed.
                #2. There are 5k Threads regarding bugs. Click to see 101 pages worth of stuff that needs fixing.
                #3. Read the suggestions forums where you will find 5k threads on ways to make it better. Click for 101 pages worth of free suggestions.

Comment

If they nerf Archers in WB, I quit, that simple. Because getting the **** AOE'ed out of me by Mages in 2-3 shots or Knights hiding behind a shield and stealing my rage in pvp is not worth being an Archer. Nor is leveling to 60 and spending my time and money to suddenly be needed worth it either. WB is the only reason to play Archer, because if you can be good at that then you have a chance at some Mages and Knights (not all) by staying one step ahead in GS levels or astrals stats w/e. Unless you are going to be a massive cashier and buy every single thing in game, then guess what 60+ MPs you'll have a hard time finding an Archer around to help because it just isn't worth it w/o WB.

Comment

Archers are a pretty good class

even without crit archers will do exactly the same amount of damage a person with will destroyer can do

cause archers are a natural born DPS class who can do lots of damage

besides its only a small suggestion so everyone can get equal amount of gold
                    Last edited by Hyorinmaru6; 03-16-2013, 03:48 AM.
                    Learn the search function and use the search function help r2 by reducing the threads which might have already been posted

I am a 100% Noob

I AM STILL PURE NON CASHER WHO WILL NOT SPEND

Become a friend and be kind

hate and violence only brings wars which will lead to casualties

MY GUIDES:
                    [Guide-How to reduce lag]

I THANK YOU FOR YOUR HARD WORK

Comment

Originally posted by Why_Me View Post
                      If they nerf Archers in WB, I quit, that simple. Because getting the **** AOE'ed out of me by Mages in 2-3 shots or Knights hiding behind a shield and stealing my rage in pvp is not worth being an Archer. Nor is leveling to 60 and spending my time and money to suddenly be needed worth it either. WB is the only reason to play Archer, because if you can be good at that then you have a chance at some Mages and Knights (not all) by staying one step ahead in GS levels or astrals stats w/e. Unless you are going to be a massive cashier and buy every single thing in game, then guess what 60+ MPs you'll have a hard time finding an Archer around to help because it just isn't worth it w/o WB.
                      Then quit please.
                      Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
                      [No longer logging in]

Comment

i have Archer & Knight with same level but not at the same server.
                        My knight earn 300K while my Archer can earn up to 500K each WB. ehm
                        i think it's already equal since Archers are born with fast DPS and knight has a low DPS compared to other class.
                        Knight is unpenetrable with Agoran+High HP at other place while Archers has low both deff..
                        Each class must have advantage place.. and for this, archer's advantages are at WB. That's all

ah, all should try all class to find out how system works
                        earth - water - fire
                        knight - mage - archer
                        Last edited by ttopengg; 03-16-2013, 04:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ttopengg View Post
                          Each class must have advantage place.. and for this, archer's advantages are at WB. That's all
                          ... and DA (don't forget those soul crystals that add up over time), GB (love those extra insigs - though admittedly, it's easier to place in top 10), Tormented (raw DPS - no excuses here), and if you press a bit, BG.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'd give ALL the aforementioned up for reward balancing at the WB. To me, this is the fundamental aspect in character development.

Thread is for this balancing though... the bicker thread which we all know and love is somewhere else. :P

Comment

Originally posted by CondorHero View Post
                            Then quit please.
                            LOL, there are days like this, eh?

Comment

There are a few reasons to play an archer (1) deep freeze is broken, (2) WB is stupidly easy, (3) necro is easy, and (4) scatter shot is really useful. If you roll your advantages from WB etc you can still keep up. Sure you will feel like you need to be ahead to not get crushed but hey that's how it works for dps/debuff characters. You might get crushed by people with ~8k less BR but that's just how things work life's not fair.

Comment

Working...
                              X