Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aegis Major or Goddess Blessing for lvl 50 Mage

Hey guys I'm a level 50 Mage.

I was wondering what you think is better Aegis Major (reduce damage by 40 per lvl) or Goddess Blessing (reduce damage by 3% per lvl)

I've heard that Aegis is better vs low attacks which makes sense for PVE because it's a set number. So would that mean that at my level in battle grounds it would make sense to eqip the goddess blessing since most of the players will be doing 3000 or more damage per hit?

Goddess Blessing.
    Yes, Aegis Major can be usefull on dungeon, but that's for Badland. On Garden and more after that, that's astral will kinda... useless..
    Even with 9k pdef, It still hit around 500 something.
    And the number keep increasing on Lair, Moon... don't ask about Demon.
    S24 - Reaper's Illusion
    IGN - Vein

Comment

Goddess blessing is better because of PVP. At least in dungeons you shouldn't be taking as big of a beating as you won't be tanking though bosses do have aoe attacks and if your stats are up to a good level you shouldn't struggle in dungeons if the heals are good.

Comment

Thanks. I wonder why but all the 50+ players on my server are using Aegis instead of Goddess Blessing?

Comment

Originally posted by intelinside1 View Post
          Thanks. I wonder why but all the 50+ players on my server are using Aegis instead of Goddess Blessing?
          Lol.. Cause they know how to calculate...
          Let me tell you this, if the enemy's damage is below 1350, then aegis will do better than goddess blessing, provided those two astrals are the same level.

Let us consider this for example:
          If the enemy's damage is 1300, then with
          Aegis Major level 5 - 200 minus reduction = the damage you will receive will be 1100.
          Refined Goddess Blessing level 5 - 15% minus reduction, 15% of 1300 is 195. = the damage you will receive will be 1105

So which is better?

Now, if the enemy's damage is 300, then
          Aegis Major level 5 - 200 minus reduction = the damage you receive will be 300 - 200 = 100.
          Refined Goddess Blessing level 5 - 15% minus reduction, 15% of 300 is 45 = the damage you receive will be 300 - 45 = 255.

Wow!!! If there are 6 enemies doing 300 damage to you, then you will save 155 * 6 = 930 hp PER ROUND (NOT PER BATTLE), when you use aegis instead of goddess blessing...

That is how useful aegis major is.

Now, if the enemy's damage is 150, then
          Aegis Major level 5 = 200 minus reduction = the damage you receive will be 150 - 200 = -50, which will become 1 (yes, that is 'one).
          Refined Goddess blessing = 15% minus reduction, 15% of 150 is 23 round up = the damage you will receive will be 150 - 23 = 122.

Now, it will look like you are having a 100% illusion astral to those weak damages!!!
          If you think you are smart, then you are at the height of your stupidity.
          -quoted from R.K.

Comment

aegis is best where you can be certain of not facing a lot of damage.

Frankly - even with an OP build - leaving the aegis in 100% of the time is not good. most of the time blessing is way more useful.
            Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
            You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
            Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
            Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

I prefer BOTH!!! But I don't know which effect comes first.. Let's say Aegis' effect will come first before Blessing.. LETS DO THE MATH.. Example: The enemy has 1000 damage. And say, aegis has -200 DR and blessing has -15% DR.. So (1000 - 200) - (1000- 200)(.15) = FD(Final Damage). That would be 680 FD. Example 2: The enemy has 300 damage. (300 - 200) - (300 - 200)(.15) = 85 FD.

And if Blessings' effect will come first before Aegis... Then {1000 - (1000)(.15)** - 200 = 650 FD. OR for example 2: {300 - (300)(.15)** - 200 = 55 FD.

Check out the difference...
              Last edited by Skuld14; 03-19-2013, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueEarth View Post
                If the enemy's damage is 1300
                If the opponent's damage is that low, it doesn't matter anyway ...

Comment

Originally posted by Skuld14 View Post
                  I prefer BOTH!!! But I don't know which effect comes first.. Let's say Aegis' effect will come first before Blessing.. LETS DO THE MATH.. Example: The enemy has 1000 damage. And say, aegis has -200 DR and blessing has -15% DR.. So (1000 - 200) - (1000- 200)(.15) = FD(Final Damage). That would be 680 FD. Example 2: The enemy has 300 damage. (300 - 200) - (300 - 200)(.15) = 85 FD.

And if Blessings' effect will come first before Aegis... Then {1000 - (1000)(.15)** - 200 = 650 FD. OR for example 2: {300 - (300)(.15)** - 200 = 55 FD.

Check out the difference...
                  Last I checked you can't use both.

Comment

Originally posted by ElusionM View Post
                    Last I checked you can't use both.

Really? How did you know? Care to explain?

Comment

Really? How did you know? Care to explain?
                      Bc it wont allow you to lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Oxykotton View Post
                        Bc it wont allow you to lol.
                        So it only means you're just joking. I get it. kthanksbye!

Comment

No, you can't equip both. Try it...

Comment

How does my post mean I am joking? I put lol to laugh at you but not in a rude way. Just on how you are saying things that you don't know which is common sense. it's common sense bc when you try equipping both it says you arn't able to use them at the sametime.

Comment

Originally posted by Oxykotton View Post
                              How does my post mean I am joking? I put lol to laugh at you but not in a rude way. Just on how you are saying things that you don't know which is common sense. it's common sense bc when you try equipping both it says you arn't able to use them at the sametime.
                              That's a better explanation.. kthanks!

I haven't tried it before though..

Comment

Working...
                              X