Aegis Major or Goddess Blessing for lvl 50 Mage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GingerTheHutt View Post
    aegis is best where you can be certain of not facing a lot of damage.

Frankly - even with an OP build - leaving the aegis in 100% of the time is not good. most of the time blessing is way more useful.
    In a world where there are many weak players (than strong players) who do small damage, plus those mpd's who's mobs deal low damage, aegis becomes useful.. And since these things are dominant in the game, changing astrals (that is, changing aegis to goddess or other astrals) becomes a annoying work to do, even though it is just as simple as two double clicks... idk why...

Originally posted by Skuld14 View Post
    I prefer BOTH!!! But I don't know which effect comes first.. Let's say Aegis' effect will come first before Blessing.. LETS DO THE MATH.. Example: The enemy has 1000 damage. And say, aegis has -200 DR and blessing has -15% DR.. So (1000 - 200) - (1000- 200)(.15) = FD(Final Damage). That would be 680 FD. Example 2: The enemy has 300 damage. (300 - 200) - (300 - 200)(.15) = 85 FD.

And if Blessings' effect will come first before Aegis... Then {1000 - (1000)(.15)** - 200 = 650 FD. OR for example 2: {300 - (300)(.15)** - 200 = 55 FD.

Check out the difference...
    Many people in different threads have confirmed that you cannot both equip aegis and goddess blessing at the same time...

Originally posted by R27925257 View Post
    If the opponent's damage is that low, it doesn't matter anyway ...
    You are right... But what if the damage is 500??? What if the damage is 190???
    Anyways, just equip yourself with what suits you best... Little things does matter for me.
    If you think you are smart, then you are at the height of your stupidity.
    -quoted from R.K.

Comment

As power/attack ratings improve and with the 10% minimum damage rule, it's all about the Goddess Blessing. Chunk the Aegis.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueEarth View Post
        In a world where there are many weak players (than strong players) who do small damage, plus those mpd's who's mobs deal low damage, aegis becomes useful.. And since these things are dominant in the game, changing astrals (that is, changing aegis to goddess or other astrals) becomes a annoying work to do, even though it is just as simple as two double clicks... idk why...

Many people in different threads have confirmed that you cannot both equip aegis and goddess blessing at the same time...

Anyways, just equip yourself with what suits you best... Little things does matter for me.

I'm pretty sure if you got an aegis high enough to matter people would just want to use it as xp for other or the goddess blessing anyway I think thats his point.
        Server 92- King
        Guild: Thundera- Assistant

Comment

So this means REGENERATION AND BLESSED HEALTH do not stack too?

Comment

@BlueEarth is right! Aegis Major is nice but not as much as Goddess Blessing. And he already explained why. It's all in there.

"One archie down, another one lays in the ground. Only one knight shall stand, because the other one perished before my hands."

IGN: Alma®
            Guild: One♥Piece
            Class: Mage
            Server: [S83] Fowlsfield Citadel

Comment

Originally posted by BlueEarth View Post

Quote Originally Posted by R27925257 View Post
              If the opponent's damage is that low, it doesn't matter anyway ...
              R279 has a point.

In PvP if the damage you receive is that low you might as well instead just equip something that will do more damage to the other player like Charm, Sniper, etc. Might as well just try to kill them faster.

If you're receiving 500 damage a round then just try to kill the other guy faster. You're not getting brownie points for taking less damage.

So in most PvP situations it would make sense to use Goddess and for most PvE situations it would make sense to use Aegis as some of the above have stated

Comment

Originally posted by intelinside1 View Post
                R279 has a point.

In PvP if the damage you receive is that low you might as well instead just equip something that will do more damage to the other player like Charm, Sniper, etc. Might as well just try to kill them faster.

If you're receiving 500 damage a round then just try to kill the other guy faster. You're not getting brownie points for taking less damage.

So in most PvP situations it would make sense to use Goddess and for most PvE situations it would make sense to use Aegis as some of the above have stated
                Of course, you're right... in PvP, at first, i change my Aegis Major to other astrals.. But since i do not do arena duels dedicatedly (i just let my char afk during duels, i only do it for the devotion), and I always do mpd, solo, farming daru in the wilds, then i usually forget (or i'm lazy) to change astrals.

Anyways, I usually interchange Aegis Major to Enhanced Ruthlessness for some fun, esp in world boss and bg... Doing something which involves luck is an adventure, and takes away boredom. (why the heck did i say this, when this is not even related to the topic, lol).
                If you think you are smart, then you are at the height of your stupidity.
                -quoted from R.K.

Comment

Actually, you can reduce the damage UNDER the 10% rule... so leave the EGB in. =)

Comment

If youre being hit harder than 1500 Goddess Blessing is better....if less than 1500, Aegis is better....thats around the number where it shifts

Comment

Okay, looks like a more exact proof is in order (well, this isn't exact, but I put in a few numbers to make it look fancy).

Weighing 40 damage reduction against 3% damage reduction - when they block the same amount of damage they will be equally effective. For greater amounts of damage taken, Blessing will be more effective, for lesser amounts, Aegis.

That point is exactly at: 40/0.03 damage = 1333 damage. So, if an enemy deals more damage to you than that, the Blessing is better - if not, Aegis. With a good enough DEF it's possible to reduce damage significantly. The Aegis is in fact approximately +80 to MDEF and PDEF per level (which sounds really nice - taken from the damage formula DMG = (ATK-DEF)/2).

And here we have to count in the 10% minimal damage rule. The rule says that no matter how high the DEF you're attacking is, you'll deal at least 10% of the damage you'd deal without the target having any DEF.

Aegis and the Blessing are an exception to this rule and can reduce this damage even further. So, which one is better? Dividing this into 2 cases: 1 where you're a defensive knight/mage and you take only 10% damage from PATK/MATK, and the other where you take more than 10%.

1st case:

10% of the damage on levels 50-59 varies between 700 and 1300 (for basic attacks - attacks using over 100% ATK and crits could deal more!). It would seem that an Aegis would block more than the Blessing here. However, the gain here is minimal - if someone deals that much damage to you, you'll almost surely win (except in extreme cases - BG with no HP, team fights 1v4 and similar). Aegis would block 40 damage per level while the Blessing would block 21-39 damage.
                      Above level 60 this minimal damage taken increases and as it passes 1333 (approximately 13333 PATK value of the opponent) the Blessing becomes the optimal choice. Another minus is that Aegis is good only against opponents you can fully defend from, and you'll be able to do this only vs. mages (as a mage).

2nd case:

Enemies deal more than 10% of their base damage to you. So, for your level, above the 700-1300 range, but usually not much more than 3-4k per tick or hit. Aegis, again, blocks 40 per level. The Blessing now blocks 21 (for 700) to 120 (for 4k) per level. Above level 60 this increases and it becomes obvious that the Blessing is the optimal choice.

A simple table:
                      Aegis always blocks 40 per level.
                      Damage taken - Blessing block per level:
                      500 - 15
                      1000 - 30
                      1500 - 45
                      2000 - 60
                      2500 - 75
                      3000 - 90
                      3500 - 105
                      4000 - 120
                      4500 - 135
                      5000 - 150
                      5000+ > you're dead anyway

TL, DR: I would not recommend Aegis to anyone, of any level higher than 49.

Comment

Originally posted by Skuld14 View Post
                        So this means REGENERATION AND BLESSED HEALTH do not stack too?
                        Good question. Anyone has the answer?

Comment

Yes regeneration and blessed health cant stack, because it counts them both as the same type of astral, just like you cant have 2 matk or 2 pdef, you cant have regeneration/blessed health on at same time.

Comment

That's what I need to know. Thanks a lot.

Comment

Working...
                            X