Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Please FIX cross-Server Arena!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please FIX cross-Server Arena!

Is it possible to get the Devs to fix the Cross-Server Arena to the likes of Battlegrounds? In Battlegrounds, it's split into lvl groups. Like lvl 30-39, 40-49 etc. With Arena it's not. How can players lvl 45 and so on compete with lvl 55+ people? I'm very tired of getting 1 shot killed by lvl 55+ teams in their 55 pvp gear at level 46. This is not balanced at all. I'm a casher so I have the top gear I can have outside of orange S gear, so getting 1 shot killed should not be happening. The Devs need to fix the "matching" to suit the sane lvl range as in battlegrounds. Is this a bug, or suppose to work this way? And if not a bug, then how the #$%^ can a team of lvl 42-46 compete?

Arena is split into level groups. There are lots of posts collaborating this.

Arena matches your teams top level with the top level of another team. It then roughly matches the remainder of the team.

Arena works on brackets of 5 levels. 30 - 34, 35 - 39, 40 - 44 etc. If you're in one bracket with a member in another - it'll match to the higher bracket.

If there is no team to match too - it may match you with the next closet team - which might be several brackets away.

a team of lvl 42 to 46 in the european timezone... has the team I play with, to contend with. Our average BR is above 30k...
    Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
    You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
    Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

Then it needs to be fixed. I team with friends lvl 42-46, with me being the highest at 46 and 95% of the time face 55+ teams who 1 shot us and that's 1 shot the whole team! You can not tell me this is fair or right. If it is, then the Devs need to rethink things badly. It should be set to say max 5 levels above or below, not almost 10 levels. That's just plain stupid and I'm not the only one a bit ticked about this in our guild.

Comment

Originally posted by R29050885 View Post
        Then it needs to be fixed. I team with friends lvl 42-46, with me being the highest at 46 and 95% of the time face 55+ teams who 1 shot us and that's 1 shot the whole team! You can not tell me this is fair or right. If it is, then the Devs need to rethink things badly. It should be set to say max 5 levels above or below, not almost 10 levels. That's just plain stupid and I'm not the only one a bit ticked about this in our guild.
        small cure to that is

DON'T TEAM WITH PLAYERS LOWER IN LEVEL THAN YOURSELF

it is a simple and an effective way to make sure u team up right

think of arena as ur MPD where u can only party with players in ur lvl bracket

also arena works in BR as well so make sure ur team members don't have 2k BR above or bellow urs
        Learn the search function and use the search function help r2 by reducing the threads which might have already been posted

I am a 100% Noob

I AM STILL PURE NON CASHER WHO WILL NOT SPEND

Become a friend and be kind

hate and violence only brings wars which will lead to casualties

MY GUIDES:
        [Guide-How to reduce lag]

I THANK YOU FOR YOUR HARD WORK

Comment

Fix the Start button no run anytimes and we have click 5 or 6 times ....

Comment

Originally posted by R29050885 View Post
            Then it needs to be fixed. I team with friends lvl 42-46, with me being the highest at 46 and 95% of the time face 55+ teams who 1 shot us and that's 1 shot the whole team!
            How do you know they're 55+?
            You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
            Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hyorinmaru6 View Post
              also arena works in BR as well so make sure ur team members don't have 2k BR above or bellow urs
              no, it matches in level, not BR. My Arena team has an average of 30+K BR, we're levels 42-47. If it also matched by BR, then we'd have close battles every time. Instead, we one-shot close to every team we face. No opponent lasts more than three rounds. So no, it definitely does *not* match in BR.

Comment

Originally posted by CreamySaucepan View Post
                no, it matches in level, not BR. My Arena team has an average of 30+K BR, we're levels 42-47. If it also matched by BR, then we'd have close battles every time. Instead, we one-shot close to every team we face. No opponent lasts more than three rounds. So no, it definitely does *not* match in BR.
                it is both lvl and BR

but the thing is BR can be errrm played with

for example all i need to do to increase my BR is to simply take out astrals like goddess or will destroyer and put in astrals which add to my stats and wala my BR is boosted and the same can be said the other way around

also arena takes ur original BR not the BR that u get when u pot up or scroll up

so if ur BR is 30k and with pots and scrolls its 36k u will match with 30k only u will not match with 36k

thats the funny part of arena
                Learn the search function and use the search function help r2 by reducing the threads which might have already been posted

I am a 100% Noob

MY GUIDES:

Comment

it is both lvl and BR

but the thing is BR can be errrm played with

for example all i need to do to increase my BR is to simply take out astrals like goddess or will destroyer and put in astrals which add to my stats and wala my BR is boosted and the same can be said the other way around

also arena takes ur original BR not the BR that u get when u pot up or scroll up

so if ur BR is 30k and with pots and scrolls its 36k u will match with 30k only u will not match with 36k

thats the funny part of arena
                  Our average 30+K BR is unpotted and unscrolled and not tampered with. So according to your logic we should face opponents with roughly the same. Yet; my post still stands: we one-shot every team. Not possible if they should have close to our average BR. So I don't agree with you that it (also) matches on BR. My experience (and I play about 4H of group arena a day) is that it matches on level and only level.

Comment

Originally posted by CreamySaucepan View Post
                    Our average 30+K BR is unpotted and unscrolled and not tampered with. So according to your logic we should face opponents with roughly the same. Yet; my post still stands: we one-shot every team. Not possible if they should have close to our average BR. So I don't agree with you that it (also) matches on BR. My experience (and I play about 4H of group arena a day) is that it matches on level and only level.
                    mmmm well i match with people with my BR most of the time

thats why sometimes i win and sometimes i lose

I am a 100% Noob

MY GUIDES:

Comment

mmmm well i match with people with my BR most of the time

thats why sometimes i win and sometimes i lose
                      Is your BR about average? Because ours definitely aren't. We're three seriously OP'ed players: 26K at lvl 42, 35.5K at lvl 46 and 37K at lvl 38... Average of about 32K.
                      I understand that if you're not an OP'ed player, it seems as if it matches by BR. An average BR is the most common, after all! But as someone with the BR of a lvl 60+, I can tell you that in my eyes it does not match by BR.

Comment

I am a 100% Noob and a pure non casher who will always be a pure non casher

i am from S2

I am a 100% Noob

MY GUIDES:

Comment

Originally posted by GingerTheHutt View Post
                          How do you know they're 55+?
                          I've asked them in chat before we quickly die. I'm a casher and OP, so even if they were in our level range, it would be a bit more of a fight, not "oh no, them again" before dying in one hit. lol

Comment

The arena matching will never be fixed. The simple reason is that heavy balen spenders need insignias too, so it's naturally to earn them on the back of the poor free players. It's not just the matter of matching, I just finished my arenas and there were about 15 rooms just on my server. Imagine how many that means per total! And still got beaten like a stray dog, taking even 20k per simple skill(no delphics) at lv55 and 29k br. So, free players and light baleners, arena matching will always be unfair from the reason i explained. But it is how it is, nobody forces us to play, isn't it?

MY HONOR IS LOYALTY

Comment

Arena matching is generally pretty good. Occasionally you will get a true what the heck team but that isn't too often. I have fought groups where the entire team is 10kbr higher than our highest br and we are all similar level. I know cause I can look them up. Sometimes I run into groups where we can 1 or 2 shot them as a team. It goes both ways and evens out fairly well.

Comment

Working...
                              X