This is dumb (BattleGrounds)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is dumb (BattleGrounds)

I recently got Crusader with my mage, and it's my first time ever. I'm trying to get to Knight Crusader lately but suffering fair honor amount losses to cashers.
    30K BR enemy mage 9 server behind from me was able to get that much BR difference to me (i have 25k) cause he is a heavy casher. He farmed me twice for 800 honor loss, with first time doing nothing but camping for a single target (me) which is pretty pathetic.

My point of this little rant is that heavy cashers dont deserve a lot of honor from me as well as making me lose a lot of honor because they suck at BG (camp for single target isn't a very smart strategy of BG for proper honor gain rates, proving he is a BAD PLAYER), as well as mounts might make crystal farming easier, but make proper PVP very difficult even with protection buff. These cashers and heavy cashers camp for me till i kill my target and 75% of time make me misclick them due to their glitchy movement and large "hitbox" with mount.

It just is really annoying to lose 400 (might be small loss but still annoying!) honor to bad players that get too much power from paying and are able to kill me with bad honor title since their strategy in BG appears to be camp for single targets which, like i stated before, is not a proper strategy of playing BG and changes should be made.
    Last edited by anupras; 03-18-2013, 12:24 PM.

so a stronger player beat you and took your honour.

you're complaining that he's a casher and that's the only reason why he beat you.

your personal rank is special and no-one should take honour from you - even if they heavily outclass you.

Then he's a bad player cos he beat you.

If he's bad? What does that make you being that you lost to him?
    Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
    You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
    Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

To be fair, if I was hunting honor, and a single, easy to kill target gave me 400 honor each time, it would be a waste to hunt someone else for 10 honor, who might be harder to kill and makes me lose health. So instead of being a bad player, maybe he was a sensible one. Does that suck for you: sure. But maybe it shows you don't have the BR to defend your title that well? There will always be players (cashers or not) that can beat you. Does that make them all stupid/pathetic/bad/whatever?

So what are the changes you propose, then?

Also: don't generalize all (heavy) cashers, please. You haven't met them all, we're not all as bad as you seem to think...

Comment

Originally posted by CreamySaucepan View Post
        To be fair, if I was hunting honor, and a single, easy to kill target gave me 400 honor each time, it would be a waste to hunt someone else for 10 honor, who might be harder to kill and makes me lose health. So instead of being a bad player, maybe he was a sensible one. Does that suck for you: sure. But maybe it shows you don't have the BR to defend your title that well? There will always be players (cashers or not) that can beat you. Does that make them all stupid/pathetic/bad/whatever?

Also: don't generalize all (heavy) cashers, please. You haven't met them all, we're not all as bad as you seem to think...
        Thing is it's unfair bc it is impossible to get a stronger BR to compete with them unless you also are a heavy casher and pour in thousands to dollars to this game for lvl 7+ gems and such. That is the sole reason why honor loss should be reduced and dryad blessing should be revamped in some way. Just bc it is impossible for non cashers and low casher to compete with the heavy cashers. There is only so much you can do to bring your BR up with out spending thousands on this game.

Comment

But that's nothing new, is it? Heavy cashers will always beat moderate, light and non cashers. Moderate and light cashers will always beat non cashers but probably can't beat the heavy ones. It's just the in-game food pyramid. I don't consider it unfair, as everyone has a choice to start cashing. If you don't want to: that's fine, but you'll have a disadvantage to certain people.

And if you know you can't beat them, then why trying to compete? Set different goals for yourself instead. "Beat the heaviest casher!" really isn't the only goal out there.

Anyway; idk what level OP is. If he's 40-49 he's doing pretty well for a non-casher, and he should be able to farm for honor himself as well. There are 5 BGs a day now, how big is the chance he'll face the same big bad bully every single time?

Comment

Originally posted by GingerTheHutt View Post
            so a stronger player beat you and took your honour.

you're complaining that he's a casher and that's the only reason why he beat you.

your personal rank is special and no-one should take honour from you - even if they heavily outclass you.

Then he's a bad player cos he beat you.

If he's bad? What does that make you being that you lost to him?

I have to meet one that as a non casher is stronger than me. That's possible, but the rate of meeting such players is so small that only cashers are a big problem to me.

It seems you are confusing strong hero with good player. He beat me because he has cashed gems, mounts, soul engravement, wings, clothes etc. By bad player i mean that he should be Crusader already (considering such heavy cashers tend to use double honor scrolls as well) and he isn't yet. Therefore it's unfair for me to lose max amount of honor at current title to someone with cashed BR but bad at obtaining honor hence their small honor amount making huge gains from me and huge loss for me.

Comment

As a crusader you get 35 honor minimum per kill which is decent. But i'm talking about campers that "glitch" me into attacking them when i tend to avoid them knowing i stand little to no chance. Unlike you, i like having 50/50 chance fights because that makes me feel that i'm not a bully and i will choose to fight FAIRLY as well.

A lot of enemies are lately stereotyping that i'm a weak player who spawncamps ONLY weak players. And that's why some true "campers" try to get me if they have cashed BR. In reality, i come to their spawn to pick a target quicker so i can gain honor faster, and i don't mind picking a target with similar BR as i said before, as long as it's possible to win. Killing all guard NPC's, killing weak players for points is what makes that hp lost not really matter so much.

Like i said before, your "instead of being a bad player, maybe he was a sensible one" is false, because if he was good enough as a player he would have more or as much honor as me.

I recently started reaching 3k (or is it 2k?) honor cap per day without GB's, but the honor lost makes me get less honor than the true cap every day.
              Last edited by anupras; 03-18-2013, 12:06 PM.

Comment

But that's nothing new, is it? Heavy cashers will always beat moderate, light and non cashers. Moderate and light cashers will always beat non cashers but probably can't beat the heavy ones. It's just the in-game food pyramid. I don't consider it unfair, as everyone has a choice to start cashing. If you don't want to: that's fine, but you'll have a disadvantage to certain people.

And if you know you can't beat them, then why trying to compete? Set different goals for yourself instead. "Beat the heaviest casher!" really isn't the only goal out there.

Anyway; idk what level OP is. If he's 40-49 he's doing pretty well for a non-casher, and he should be able to farm for honor himself as well. There are 5 BGs a day now, how big is the chance he'll face the same big bad bully every single time?

Idk about the TS but in the 70+ bracket it's about the same people there. There are tons of crusaders-elite crusaders that chase after higher ranks over there. It has nothing to do with "competing with heavy cashers." I myself never try to take out someone who I know I will lose to. I always take there BR an patk/matk etc to see who I have a possible chance with. Most of the time I just cart anyway. However, these crusaders and elite crusaders and knight crusaders see someone with elite crusader and up and they start chasing after them no matter what. Even if you didn't hit them they go after you, and there is really no way to stop that. I don't mind to lose. It is battle ground afterall. You are suppose to fight it out. I just don't like the massive honor loss you get for losing. Especially to people who are your same rank as you. It's unfair and needs a revamp.

Since as you stated there is no way to beat a heavy casher in BG then something must be done so that they won't always chase after the higher ranks. Not only will a revamp help higher ranks from not losing tons of honor. It will also help mix everything up and people will actually start fighting everyone regardless of rank. Thus, make the BG someway more fun to play in. Now it just seems to be a "who can I bully in this BG over and over and over again." type of thing. Sure you get dryad but whats the point of dryad when if you beat that person you get less honor than they take from you? Just my opinion though. I think it needs some revamp not only to help people out but to promote to actually play the damn BG instead of bullying people around in BG.

Comment

Originally posted by Oxykotton View Post
                  Idk about the TS but in the 70+ bracket it's about the same people there. There are tons of crusaders-elite crusaders that chase after higher ranks over there. It has nothing to do with "competing with heavy cashers." I myself never try to take out someone who I know I will lose to. I always take there BR an patk/matk etc to see who I have a possible chance with. Most of the time I just cart anyway. However, these crusaders and elite crusaders and knight crusaders see someone with elite crusader and up and they start chasing after them no matter what. Even if you didn't hit them they go after you, and there is really no way to stop that. I don't mind to lose. It is battle ground afterall. You are suppose to fight it out. I just don't like the massive honor loss you get for losing. Especially to people who are your same rank as you. It's unfair and needs a revamp.

Since as you stated there is no way to beat a heavy casher in BG then something must be done so that they won't always chase after the higher ranks. Not only will a revamp help higher ranks from not losing tons of honor. It will also help mix everything up and people will actually start fighting everyone regardless of rank. Thus, make the BG someway more fun to play in. Now it just seems to be a "who can I bully in this BG over and over and over again." type of thing. Sure you get dryad but whats the point of dryad when if you beat that person you get less honor than they take from you? Just my opinion though. I think it needs some revamp not only to help people out but to promote to actually play the damn BG instead of bullying people around in BG.

Well i'm at 40-49 BG for now, i'm still having a very random matching system especially with crosserver BG now, but the honor loss doesnt annoy me as much as i cant get past honor daily gain cap and that honor loss basically counts as daily honor reduction caused by the camping cashers.

My little rant is also about the fact mounted players are too likely to be attacked if they camp you while you are on protection buff even if by accident, while it's somehow hard to select the target you want to attack at some points for some reason (but with the intentional attack hitbox is different story, not part of what i wanted to rant about here).
                  Last edited by anupras; 03-18-2013, 12:20 PM.

Comment

All heavy cashers that i have met so far are bullying BG and those in newer servers are also trying to heavily bully them with their overpoweredness indestructible by 4 powerful "weaker" players in GB. Not to mention my opinion on light cashers is already not very good, but not all of them are so bad. There is no exception with heavy cashers, though.

Edit: Oh lol, you meant that heavy cashers aren't all bad players. Well that's true, but my point is that those who ARE BAD are making me suffer decent honor loss once in a while. If they were good i would lose 10 honor and it would be pretty much ok and part of fair BG gameplay.
                    Last edited by anupras; 03-18-2013, 12:29 PM.

Comment

it's called battleground for a reason.

Comment

I dont bother with bg. I enter in, and leave. quest done, back to arena, earn my pvp points that way. done. I'll go to gb to get my next honor title, tyvm.
                        Death comes when you hear the Banshee.....

Comment

make vip 9 sure no loss honor

Comment

make vip9 sure no lose honor

Comment

Originally posted by anupras View Post
                              By bad player i mean that he should be Crusader already (considering such heavy cashers tend to use double honor scrolls as well) and he isn't yet. Therefore it's unfair for me to lose max amount of honor at current title to someone with cashed BR but bad at obtaining honor hence their small honor amount making huge gains from me and huge loss for me.
                              If Ferrari turned around and said - we lost the F1 title this year because Redbull spent more money on R&D (read: gems and soul engraving), therefore we should have won but didn't because we didn't spend so much - they'd be laughed out of the paddock!

If they turned a losing streak around mid season with a new innovation and the rest of the teams complained cos ferrari had spent more than them - the other teams would be laughed out of the paddock.

They're playing a different game to you.

As this is an internet game - you should already know that there will always be someone stronger than you. Always. And when they turn up... all you can do is smile and take your losses - however heavy you perceive them to be.
                              You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
                              Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

Working...
                              X