Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not sure where to put this but a report fuction for forum threads/posts.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure where to put this but a report fuction for forum threads/posts.

They're are some posts and threads that deserve a report function. If it's there I don't really see it. It should be made more visable. If it isn't then it really should be there as having a report function will help get rid of these unwanted posts and multiple spam threads. Easier to alert a mod or whomever to go check the post/thread and do what you think should be done with it.

I know vbulliton has a report function. I seen other forums with that function and if the only reason you guys took it out was to stop people who abuse it. Then an easy fix for that. If someone constantly abuses the function then just give them a warning and or take away there posting privileges. These forums really need a report function. I see countless garbage posts that need to be done away with.
    Last edited by Oxykotton; 03-19-2013, 11:57 AM.

+1 Yes please.

Comment

Any posts / threads that you feel like is violating the forum rules, you can send a PM to a Moderator (based on their section of the forums) the following template.

- Thread Name / Post # in question with the name of the person on the forums (provide link for such and such)
      - Copy/Paste which rule you believe is being violated - if there are two or more, feel free to include them
      - Specific details regarding it

The Moderators of whom deal with each section are as followed:

Crystal Saga - ShadowGammaDraco & MemoryLane
      Wartune - (MOD) Immortal & Kitwritten
      Broken Realm - (MOD) Immortal & Kagelol

Though, just message one of the Crystal Saga ones and state my name along with it, and it will be done.

Although, if it really is section-orientated, then go along with the list provided.

For immediate action (only for emergency) then you can download Skype and add my Skype name which is labeled underneath the amount of posts I have.
      Last edited by BrotherVT; 03-19-2013, 01:12 PM.
      The King doesn't fall so easily boys

Comment

I'm 50/50 on this.

Considering some of the quality of postings, if a report function were available, then random posters would go "blitzkrieg" and spam it into oblivion. OTOH, blatantly below-the-belt posts should have a way to become flagged.

Comment

Originally posted by KnowingEyes7 View Post
          I'm 50/50 on this.

Considering some of the quality of postings, if a report function were available, then random posters would go "blitzkrieg" and spam it into oblivion. OTOH, blatantly below-the-belt posts should have a way to become flagged.
          Aye, that was my only concern about this. You could prevent that by making a report function available for members with a minimum of X posts. That will weed out most of the random posters?

Comment

Originally posted by Oxykotton View Post
            They're are some posts and threads that deserve a report function.
            I think the forum is disorganized. Bug Reports and General Support has the same topics. People are not following rules. So +1 for that. Should be called "Report function" instead of "Bug Reports" + "General Support". Also the users have guilt on this because we spam the same posts and it's difficult to find what we really want to find. (Even me, I do that.) Then we create another thread. Over and over again. If we were more specific and complete on threads this won't happen. For example, we should give the more details on a "Title" so everyone can feel connected with that bug.
            We need a paradigm threads.

Users create a new Thread with the title "I DIDN'T RECEIVED MY BALLENS" - That's "Me" = "I want to be heard, so i'll post this only to help me".
            Now if we create a new Thread with the title "Topic: Payment problems" or "Topic: Undelivered Gods"

This means: Inside a Topic add a sub-topic. And inside that sub-topic, all users should use it to report problems inside that sub-topic.

And Example all users to report inside that sub-topic should do this:
            • Your IGN
            • Your Server
            • Your problem (Full Description and well presentable)
            • For How long will it lasts

Like the way we do at the current "Clothing Competition Event"
            http://forum.r2games.com/showthread....s-and-Clothing

This forum would be easier to understand and more legible.
            Last edited by Dervishh; 03-19-2013, 02:53 PM.

"One archie down, another one lays in the ground. Only one knight shall stand, because the other one perished before my hands."

IGN: Alma®
            Guild: One♥Piece
            Class: Mage
            Server: [S83] Fowlsfield Citadel

Comment

Working...
            X