It's a free game...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's a free game...

So I think a good idea would be to launch a server which is completely free, as in no buyable upgrades or VIP's,
    It would make that server a lot fairer than the rest and more enjoyable for most of us,
    Don't get me wrong I could pay for all the wings and VIP stuff that other people have but I don't really see the point in that when the game is free anyway,
    It's just annoying putting quite a lot of effort into a game just to get f**ked over by someone with special privelleges, who hasn't put nearly as much effort in.
    Just a thought

Originally posted by canttouchstitch View Post
    So I think a good idea would be to launch a server which is completely free, as in no buyable upgrades or VIP's,
    It would make that server a lot fairer than the rest and more enjoyable for most of us,
    Don't get me wrong I could pay for all the wings and VIP stuff that other people have but I don't really see the point in that when the game is free anyway,
    It's just annoying putting quite a lot of effort into a game just to get f**ked over by someone with special privelleges, who hasn't put nearly as much effort in.
    Just a thought
    How would this free server recoup its own expenditures though?

Comment

I hadn't thought that far ahead, I'm sure that something could be done though.
      First idea which comes to my mind would be that you could buy a larger range of clothes and armor if you want to, but not have them affect character stats.
      That's just the first thing what I thought of though...I'm sure that someone could think of much better ideas than me
      With the amount of servers which are already generating revenue I don't see one different server making much of an impact,
      I highly doubt it would ever happen because money is everything obviously...
      Like I said it was just a thought

Comment

This will never ever happen. Just bc everyone will go there instead of the regular servers. Why would you go to a regular server when you can get everything for free on the free server? Makes no sense at all and the game will die even faster than it is now. Only way i can see this happen is if they made that server a subscription server and you need to pay a monthly fee to be in it. Then though no one will go there bc why pay a fee to enter a server when you can play for "free" in other servers. So overall the idea sounds amazing but in reality it will never work. The company will lose so much profit and the game will vanish real quick.

Comment

I would completely switch to a free server if one existed. Even if it was just basic things to earn and build. IE: no wings, clothes, mounts etc...

And that's your problem, if there were a server based strictly upon skill and dedication, so many players would switch to it that the win buyers would have no one to fight and they would leave the game as well, thus no money for R2. Which is why they will never do it

Comment

Originally posted by Oxykotton View Post
            This will never ever happen. Just bc everyone will go there instead of the regular servers. Why would you go to a regular server when you can get everything for free on the free server? Makes no sense at all and the game will die even faster than it is now. Only way i can see this happen is if they made that server a subscription server and you need to pay a monthly fee to be in it. Then though no one will go there bc why pay a fee to enter a server when you can play for "free" in other servers. So overall the idea sounds amazing but in reality it will never work. The company will lose so much profit and the game will vanish real quick.
            ^^ or what he said while I was typing lol

Comment

Right... how the hell would a normal, non cash party get pass Moonevil's Den when they first get to 60? Get level 8 guild skills and level 6 of every astral first I say.
              The Last Remnant OSTs Go!!!

{OuO**

Comment

A free server would be a nicer.

A player can take his time to build his character. On the other hand, he may also quit due to lack of fast progress.
                Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
                [No longer logging in]

Comment

Are we still talking about free servers? I thought we put this pony to sleep - with a shotgun...
                  Finagle's Law - Anything that can go wrong will normally go wrong in the worst possible way.

Malfaedor
                  Kabam Server 1 - US West
                  Guild: MntyPython

General Zod
                  S5 - Roaring Wetlands
                  Guild: Saga

Comment

The only way to have a totally free server would be for people to put up with smaller playing window to accommodate the ad banners that would be needed to provide revenue. Oh and I'd make people sign a non negotiable no whinging terms of service that states you can't gripe about lag if you go with an ad ridden server.

Yeah, he's SOOOOOOO romantic

Personal: Married to the most wonderful man in the world. Love you, Kit. Cara 'ch, 'm blaidd.

Honesty is an expensive gift, don't expect it from cheap people.

Demented children don't impress me.

Comment

On 2nd thoughts, that means the cash players from the other servers are subsidizing this free server.
                      Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
                      [No longer logging in]

Comment

Originally posted by Rex_Typhoon View Post
                        Are we still talking about free servers? I thought we put this pony to sleep - with a shotgun...
                        We did... I sold the corpse to some food company...
                        Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
                        You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
                        Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
                        Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

Originally posted by GingerTheHutt View Post
                          We did... I sold the corpse to some food company...
                          THAT'S where the horsemeat came from...I can still taste the buckshot...
                          Finagle's Law - Anything that can go wrong will normally go wrong in the worst possible way.

Malfaedor
                          Kabam Server 1 - US West

General Zod
                          S5 - Roaring Wetlands

Comment

Originally posted by Rex_Typhoon View Post
                            THAT'S where the horsemeat came from...I can still taste the buckshot...
                            You're used to all kinds of meat on a stick. I'm sure a little buckshot doesn't upset your stomach? ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by CreamySaucepan View Post
                              You're used to all kinds of meat on a stick. I'm sure a little buckshot doesn't upset your stomach? ^_^
                              That's my main source of iron. :-p

Malfaedor
                              Kabam Server 1 - US West

General Zod
                              S5 - Roaring Wetlands

Comment

Working...
                              X