About clothing systhesis.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About clothing systhesis.

Since I can't find any info and rather not spend balens on trying to figure it out. To only find out that it doesn't work but how does good luck charms work? Do they work with cores as well? If they do not then is there any point in using good luck charms? Just curious bc I read that they do not work on wings or something like that. So what I basically want to know is if i spend balens on cores is it worth spending it on good luck charms too? Lastly, how do people get there clothes and wings to lvl 3+? Oh and one last thing. Are you able to get rare clothes from failing or it only can work with a success? I've been getting the same outfit over and over again but I've been failing trying to lvl them up.

Originally posted by Oxykotton View Post
    Since I can't find any info and rather not spend balens on trying to figure it out. To only find out that it doesn't work but how does good luck charms work? Do they work with cores as well? If they do not then is there any point in using good luck charms? Just curious bc I read that they do not work on wings or something like that. So what I basically want to know is if i spend balens on cores is it worth spending it on good luck charms too? Lastly, how do people get there clothes and wings to lvl 3+? Oh and one last thing. Are you able to get rare clothes from failing or it only can work with a success? I've been getting the same outfit over and over again but I've been failing trying to lvl them up.
    You can only use good luck charms with "same level clothing" synthesis. A quick and dirty example is: Level 2 armor and level 2 armor and 1 good luck charm equals level 3 armor (100%). You may not use them in 'core' synthesis. This means, though core synthesis has a chance to work for much cheaper, the risks of losing many Balens can start to add up.

To reach level three and beyond, it's almost like synth'ing gems (in fact, it's the perfect analogy): You need two of the previous level for the next level. That should never change. In this way, it gets expensive, geometrically. You can also infer that you will need good luck charms ALL the way if you prefer to pursue the safe option. If you go with the 'core option', you will have a chance to lose more over time. This is why players usually prefer the safe option: No one likes to lose Balens - even if there is a bit of a tax to stay safe (read: 100% chance of upgrading/synth'ing).

Rares come from synth'ing/upgrading. AFAIK, there is no secret to obtaining rare styles - except to keep synth'ing. This will eventually work out for a player since it takes many synth/upgrade attempts to reach the next level. Once a rare style is obtained, convert (read: store) it onto a level one piece of clothing of the same type/article.

HTH.

Comment

Originally posted by KnowingEyes7 View Post
      You can only use good luck charms with "same level clothing" synthesis. A quick and dirty example is: Level 2 armor and level 2 armor and 1 good luck charm equals level 3 armor (100%). You may not use them in 'core' synthesis. This means, though core synthesis has a chance to work for much cheaper, the risks of losing many Balens can start to add up.

To reach level three and beyond, it's almost like synth'ing gems (in fact, it's the perfect analogy): You need two of the previous level for the next level. That should never change. In this way, it gets expensive, geometrically. You can also infer that you will need good luck charms ALL the way if you prefer to pursue the safe option. If you go with the 'core option', you will have a chance to lose more over time. This is why players usually prefer the safe option: No one likes to lose Balens - even if there is a bit of a tax to stay safe (read: 100% chance of upgrading/synth'ing).

Rares come from synth'ing/upgrading. AFAIK, there is no secret to obtaining rare styles - except to keep synth'ing. This will eventually work out for a player since it takes many synth/upgrade attempts to reach the next level. Once a rare style is obtained, convert (read: store) it onto a level one piece of clothing of the same type/article.

HTH.
      Wont it be more expensive then if you want to get lvl 3+ clothing or wings? I mean you need to rebuy the clothing lvl 1 or wings lvl 1 then sysnthesis it to lvl 3+ then use good luck charms on it. Won't it be cheaper to just use the cores? Also you said rare is attainted through upgrading. Does that mean only if it succeeds or can it work with failing as well? Like if I failed a cloth lvl can I still have a chance for a rare clothing? yes I know it's by luck but does it work only on a successful upgrade?

Comment

Originally posted by Oxykotton View Post
        Wont it be more expensive then if you want to get lvl 3+ clothing or wings? I mean you need to rebuy the clothing lvl 1 or wings lvl 1 then sysnthesis it to lvl 3+ then use good luck charms on it. Won't it be cheaper to just use the cores? Also you said rare is attainted through upgrading. Does that mean only if it succeeds or can it work with failing as well? Like if I failed a cloth lvl can I still have a chance for a rare clothing? yes I know it's by luck but does it work only on a successful upgrade?
        Yes.

If you prefer the safe method, the cost multiplies by 2+ of the previous level (with the cost of good luck charms becoming a factor). You can skirt the issue with cores but you can lose, and lose royally. If you want to pursue synth'ing with cores, then you will likely feel the burn. Why? The success rate lowers. You can see this on your current level (play around with it, Oxy - just don't actually synth until you're ready!) and you can safely assume the rate falls off quickly each level (notice the success rate "word": excellent, good, fair, poor). Let's say at this point, you still don't care about the cores being eaten. The problem is you can begin to fail a few times - and you will have to rely on chance (rather than certainty) to get to the next level... and this could begin to outpace the safe method. Want to take that chance? Think of the enchanting process. How many 70%-90%s have you failed repeatedly? Now reduce that chance a bit. Ew.

As much as this will please certain people, I have failed one level twice while synth'ing. The style did not change for me either time. AFAIK, it doesn't.

Comment

So in a sense it's pointless to buy good luck charms then. Seeing as you will be spending more if you want to get lvl 3+ clothes and wings. Really lame. I don't see why they can't let you use both at the same time. Just bc it is going to be way to expensive if you want to use charms and have clothing over lvl 3. You need to keep rebuying clothing and getting them to a lvl that matches the one you are synthesizing.

Comment

Working...
          X