Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to save 3500 years of your life. Level 12 gems.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to save 3500 years of your life. Level 12 gems.

3500 years? you must be joking you say.

So I had some fun with maths today and I must tell you I seen some interesting things. Did you know as a free player if you can complete catacombs you can earn a minimum of the equivalent of 50 free level 1 gems? So I looked to see what the max gems are. They are level 12. Now I found out that R2 is being gracious enough to not make us use 4 gems every combination to level up our gems, infact after level 7 it is only 3 gems to combine per level up. (the math is 4*4*4*4*4*4*4*3*3*3*3*3) or 3,981,312 level 1 gems.

For only the low low price of 84 million balens you too can make your own level 12 gem. But for a free player lets look at this. 50 Level 1 gems means you only need to run catacombs 79627 (79626.24) times to get that level 12 gem. Just think about it, thats only the next 218 years (and 2 months roughly). Since you will have your Legendary 60 gear by then, you will have 32 slots to fill. So you only have to run catacombs for the next 6980 years to max out the gems in your equipment.

But the great news is you can buy crypt keys and save 3490 years of your life. Thanks R2.....

Seriously can we add in another way or 2 to get gems, I don't want be here for millenia.

You can get gems from guild blessing, battlefield chests, VIP wheel, daily devotion, and ancient necropolis. However, off the top of my head, assuming you can only clear lv5 necro and not beyond 10 or so, all of these options COMBINED give less gems per day than clearing catacombs with a crypt key does, so you'd basically only be increasing your gem production output by like, 50-80%.

Comment

Actually this is not a complete analysis:

1) You get not only level 1 gems in the catacombs.
      2) You get gems from other events / quests as well and it is not uncommon to have for example a level 3 gem from a guild altar.
      3) As the game develops the top people will be showered with new things to get them going (paying) and other lower level things start becoming available for the free players or low levels (e.g. in the current event on my server the free players have a chance to have free clothing; on other servers they can get free balens, etc)
      4) Last but not the least you can always get a job and pay cash to both increase your pleasure and support the game.

As for myself, I am pretty sure I will never have level 12 gems and I am not even a little bit less happy knowing that

Edit:
      P.S. free players, even if they had the gems, do not have the "knowledge" or "skill" required to combine them - that is a cash item that you have to buy to be able to make level 5 gems or level 6+ gems.
      Last edited by LAVASH; 03-21-2013, 12:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LAVASH View Post
        Actually this is not a complete analysis:

1) You get not only level 1 gems in the catacombs.
        2) You get gems from other events / quests as well and it is not uncommon to have for example a level 3 gem from a guild altar.
        3) As the game develops the top people will be showered with new things to get them going (paying) and other lower level things start becoming available for the free players or low levels (e.g. in the current event on my server the free players have a chance to have free clothing; on other servers they can get free balens, etc)
        4) Last but not the least you can always get a job and pay cash to both increase your pleasure and support the game.

As for myself, I am pretty sure I will never have level 12 gems and I am not even a little bit less happy knowing that

Edit:
        P.S. free players, even if they had the gems, do not have the "knowledge" or "skill" required to combine them - that is a cash item that you have to buy to be able to make level 5 gems or level 6+ gems.
        The math I did broke everything down to level 1 gems for values. I understand that free players will not be able to combine 5+ gems. The point of the post is to show how absolutely crazy the math gets.

3.9million + gems to make a max gem is a bit extreme.

Comment

Guild Altar, Battleground Treasure chests, Activities (i.e. "Gems, Gems, Gems" from last month), Event quests/rewards via completion and collection exchanges, daily devotion, daily check-in, VIP wheel (yes, non-cashers can save up VIP tokens and spin endlessly when events that give out the 1h VIP cards) etc.

Also, you neglected to factor in that gem rewards from catacombs each day are quite random (I believe floor 80 is ALWAYS a lv. 2 gem with a chance of a level 3) and level 100 is ALWAYS a level 3 gem. Starting at floor 50 (50-75) you have a chance to get lv. 2 gems instead of level 1's. And after floor 80 (85-95 you have a chance to obtain lv. 1-3 gems, iirc). Also, you can obtain crypt keys from guild altar blessing and any mystery chest (from campaign or MPD's). So, you cannot claim that free players cannot do double-runs of catacombs. Hell, many of the free players I know of have accumulated over 20 crypt keys despite doing key runs each day - however, the drop-rate on crypt keys seems lower lately, so I figure that their stash of crypt keys may slowly dwindle.

From daily check-ins alone, you'll earn 5x lv. 2 gems + 4x lv. 3 gems (with a chance to get a level 4 gem) each month. That's equivalent to 84 x lv. 1 gems guaranteed; 148 x lv. 1 gem equivalent if you get a lv. 4 gem from that gem chest on day 28. THEN, daily devotion (lv. 2 gem each day), ~30 days per month on average, so you're getting ~120 x lv. 1 gems each month from devotion.

Events such as the "gems, gems, gems" event which gave gem-packs for synthesizing certain levels of gems gave quite a few gems each time. If you had a lot of gems saved up you could've easily gotten a lot of gems from that. Event quests (while the easter event quests that give gem-packs for completion haven't started yet, they will) will likely net you 7x gem packs (I'm guessing lv. 1-3 packs, but possibly lv. 1-5 or lv. 3-5) and there have been a LOT of events like this. Event quest item exchanges usually contain gem-packs as an option for turn-in (25x easter eggs = 1 gem pack, or u can save your eggs for the april fool's turn-in) so you can get more this way.

Basically... you neglected to mention a LARGE quantity of additional sources of gems obtainable freely.
          Last edited by SinnedWill; 03-21-2013, 01:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SinnedWill View Post
            Guild Altar, Battleground Treasure chests, Activities (i.e. "Gems, Gems, Gems" from last month), Event quests/rewards via completion and collection exchanges, daily devotion, daily check-in, VIP wheel (yes, non-cashers can save up VIP tokens and spin endlessly when events that give out the 1h VIP cards) etc.

Also, you neglected to factor in that gem rewards from catacombs each day are quite random (I believe floor 80 is ALWAYS a lv. 2 gem with a chance of a level 3) and level 100 is ALWAYS a level 3 gem. Starting at floor 50 (50-75) you have a chance to get lv. 2 gems instead of level 1's. And after floor 80 (85-95 you have a chance to obtain lv. 1-3 gems, iirc). Also, you can obtain crypt keys from guild altar blessing and any mystery chest (from campaign or MPD's). So, you cannot claim that free players cannot do double-runs of catacombs. Hell, many of the free players I know of have accumulated over 20 crypt keys despite doing key runs each day - however, the drop-rate on crypt keys seems lower lately, so I figure that their stash of crypt keys may slowly dwindle.

From daily check-ins alone, you'll earn 5x lv. 2 gems + 4x lv. 3 gems (with a chance to get a level 4 gem) each month. That's equivalent to 84 x lv. 1 gems guaranteed; 148 x lv. 1 gem equivalent if you get a lv. 4 gem from that gem chest on day 28. THEN, daily devotion (lv. 2 gem each day), ~30 days per month on average, so you're getting ~120 x lv. 1 gems each month from devotion.

Events such as the "gems, gems, gems" event which gave gem-packs for synthesizing certain levels of gems gave quite a few gems each time. If you had a lot of gems saved up you could've easily gotten a lot of gems from that. Event quests (while the easter event quests that give gem-packs for completion haven't started yet, they will) will likely net you 7x gem packs (I'm guessing lv. 1-3 packs, but possibly lv. 1-5 or lv. 3-5) and there have been a LOT of events like this. Event quest item exchanges usually contain gem-packs as an option for turn-in (25x easter eggs = 1 gem pack, or u can save your eggs for the april fool's turn-in) so you can get more this way.

Basically... you neglected to mention a LARGE quantity of additional sources of gems obtainable freely.
            This was a worst case scenario based off of catacombs alone.

Comment

Originally posted by Xlrate View Post
              The math I did broke everything down to level 1 gems for values. I understand that free players will not be able to combine 5+ gems. The point of the post is to show how absolutely crazy the math gets.

3.9million + gems to make a max gem is a bit extreme.
              Hi Xlrate

If I would go to the Government and complain that I earn (after paying bills) only say 200 USD per month, so it will take me 416 years to become a millionaire then the answer is the same like my answer to you - that the analysis is not complete and so the conclusion is wrong.

Mathematically what you did is correct, but you chose to ignore a large amount of variables and so with only a limited set of variables you arrive to a silly conclusion, which will never be the reality so no point to stress over it

Edit:
              P.S. its like saying humans are the only intelligent creatures in the universe (as long as we talk about the universe which humans know) - and now let's expand that to billions of galaxies and billions of stars and you will see that this conclusion is wrong

Comment

Something else to consider that will whittle this time estimate down: Power creep.

Comment

Originally posted by LAVASH View Post
                  Hi Xlrate

If I would go to the Government and complain that I earn (after paying bills) only say 200 USD per month, so it will take me 416 years to become a millionaire then the answer is the same like my answer to you - that the analysis is not complete and so the conclusion is wrong.

Mathematically what you did is correct, but you chose to ignore a large amount of variables and so with only a limited set of variables you arrive to a silly conclusion, which will never be the reality so no point to stress over it

Edit:
                  P.S. its like saying humans are the only intelligent creatures in the universe (as long as we talk about the universe which humans know) - and now let's expand that to billions of galaxies and billions of stars and you will see that this conclusion is wrong
                  Even adding in the equivalent of 300 "free" level 1 gems a month from your calculations only lowers the time frame required by 20%. My point is would R2 not make more money by increasing the drop rate of say level 1 gems (by adding a few more quests daily with them or offering them as an additional reward) and tempting people to buy the Transposers? I personally am not a free player. I am just saying that they should at least make the things they put in game relatively realistic.

Comment

Originally posted by KnowingEyes7 View Post
                    Something else to consider that will whittle this time estimate down: Power creep.
                    KE is there a way to turn gold into gems? Because barring that I do not see how power creep has much to do with the discussion, as the World bosses are set to auto improve and lets be honest from a meta gamers perspective the amount of gold needed late game is also ridiculous. Gold Sinks is one thing R2 does extremely well.

Comment

Originally posted by Xlrate View Post
                      KE is there a way to turn gold into gems? Because barring that I do not see how power creep has much to do with the discussion, as the World bosses are set to auto improve and lets be honest from a meta gamers perspective the amount of gold needed late game is also ridiculous. Gold Sinks is one thing R2 does extremely well.
                      Power creep usually is linked with releasing new items/gear and along with the aforementioned, the resultant power curve renders old items/instances/content obsolete. I am focusing on the new content or specifically, in this MMO's case, the sale or event that puts forth ever-increasing gem levels. It's clear that as time progresses, the gems offered for X cost or for Y event will increase. You can see this in one of the most recent promotions where a flat level five gem box was given for a somewhat 'low' price instead of the level three to five box we have all come to know and love. Therefore, again, over time, the resultant time required for a "level twelve gem" is substantially reduced. Will it be slow(er)? Sure. However, it likely still will be done as MMOs do this for a variety of reasons: To stimulate incoming revenue, to attempt to flatten the playing field, to give the player the sense that he or she is generally progressing by means of character development and a slew of other necessities in dong so.

HTH

Comment

does this game have a private server ?

Comment

Originally posted by WeedFarmer View Post
                          There always has to be one who asks this. You have brass ones, my friend.

Comment

Originally posted by WeedFarmer View Post
                            I dont think any browser games have private servers and also did you know that it is illegal to host private servers. Not just that it will ban you from game but you can be sued by the company if you do host one. If you don't believe me just google it. Private servers are a terrible thing and if the company feels the need to take action they can very well do so. Tempering with any of the game files is against the law bc you are basically breaking into the company.

Comment

Originally posted by Oxykotton View Post
                              I dont think any browser games have private servers and also did you know that it is illegal to host private servers. Not just that it will ban you from game but you can be sued by the company if you do host one. If you don't believe me just google it. Private servers are a terrible thing and if the company feels the need to take action they can very well do so. Tempering with any of the game files is against the law bc you are basically breaking into the company.
                              if I put the game files on my computer and i break the computer am I breaking into the company? *wink*
                              don't answer this is a joke

Comment

Working...
                              X